What do you plan to buy when F2P hits

Arlon_Nabarlly

What items are you excited to buy when F2P drops.

My list:

1) Extra cargo slot, my 3 bank tabs have been 98% full for a long time and it's been challenging to manage.

2) The final two levels of Rocket Boost

3) Several XP boosting character perks for the toon I'm currently leveling

4) Anything left will likely go into the random items packs or be saved.

1. Rocket Boots + the cool down reductions

2. XP boosts for my alts

3. Field Respec (now that respecs are free!)

4. A few of the gambling packs (I know, I'm a sucker)

5. Maybe some of the armor. It's a bit expensive though.

Edited by Tommot

1) Racial unlocks

2) A couple of outfits for various companions

Everything thereafter depends on what they add... I know I'd get character recustomization kits if they add them and possibly a good-looking speeder model. I almost never buy functionality stuff in FtP games, only vanity stuff.

I am going to go with probably nothing. There is nothing that I really want and the random loot boxes just annoy me. If this is like any of the other cash shops I have seen in game we start off with free coins and I usually buy jumk I dont need and then when good stuff arrives I have to spend real cash for it. I intend to wait, see if we get better stuff in the cash shop and wait on the huge sales they will have after the inital buying frenzy.

I've been trying to make my sage'ess look like a knight for a long time and after some experimentation on PTS I've come up with a good combo that requires a few purchases on the cartel market:

*Detroyer armor set - I will use the pants and boots from this set. Possibly also the gloves but I think the Deception gloves will be better (havent been able to try that part on PTS).

*Honored Saberist’s Harness - Looks very guardian like and when combined and color match with the items above it becomes a pretty sweet look.

Total: 1525. I might get one set for Nadia too since I have a few coins from subscribing/CE.

I initially had my mind set on the Wayfarer robe, it looks nice in the picture, but it turns out that it has a cape. I've never been a fan of capes.

I'd really want that "effect lightsaber" too but it's probably going to require that I buy 20 boxes.

Edited by MidichIorian

• Longspur Sportster
  • Additional Cargo Space - account
  • Outlaw Armor set - just need pieces for 3 different toons

so 2770 CC plus I'm trying to get

• Elegant Loungewear top
  • Overlord’s Command Throne
  • Rendili Nightshade
  • Rangehunter EE-1 Carbine Rifle
  • Tythonian Force-Master’s Lightsaber
  • Devastator’s Double-Bladed Lightsaber
  • Pink Purple color crystal
  • White Crystal
  • Red-Backed Gizka
  • Glowing Eyes – Red
  • Imperial Banner

From the cartel packs

I am a consular, so I will ignore everything and head straight for the armour. I may be there for some time.

So I'm not the only one who thinks that all of the Consular armor in the game is ugly as sin?

I'm definitely buying XP boosts

Probably some armor for my Consular

Maybe one or two of those cartel packs

Save the rest for more XP boosts later, or other stuff

So I'm not the only one who thinks that all of the Consular armor in the game is ugly as sin?

I like the campaign consular pve set and the battlemaster pvp set for consulars; yep, pretty much hate the rest.

I'll be loading up on a lot of legacy stuff before I start looking at the vanity stuff.

Well, assuming the price for character slots is reasonable, once THAT is available I'll be spending ~$80 for the non-endgame lifetime subscription, (i.e. all the perma-unlocks that bring F2P gameplay inline with subscription. i.e. quickbar slots, artifact equipping, etc.) and then cancelling my subscription.

(Barring anything I've missed. I think I heard rumors preferred status members may have ceiling to bank accounts and e-mails and such, which could impact my decision)

I wish they would put global versions of some of the single-character Legacy unlocks on the cartel market, like the XP boosts and speeder perks. I'd scoop that up because I'm an alt-o-holic and I'm terrible at earning credits. Maybe I'll get lucky with those cartel gamble packs, get a super rare item that I don't want, and sell it for a fortune to some wealthy sucker on the GTN. Edited by Arodin

What items are you excited to buy when F2P drops.

My list:

1) Extra cargo slot, my 3 bank tabs have been 98% full for a long time and it's been challenging to manage.

2) The final two levels of Rocket Boost

3) Several XP boosting character perks for the toon I'm currently leveling

4) Anything left will likely go into the random items packs or be saved.

This and also the carbonite freezer respawn thingy and also both Axes for my melee char

Maybe 5-6 of those random packs and hope I get that speeder

Well, assuming the price for character slots is reasonable, once THAT is available I'll be spending ~$80 for the non-endgame lifetime subscription, (i.e. all the perma-unlocks that bring F2P gameplay inline with subscription. i.e. quickbar slots, artifact equipping, etc.) and then cancelling my subscription.

(Barring anything I've missed. I think I heard rumors preferred status members may have ceiling to bank accounts and e-mails and such, which could impact my decision)

That won't work very well. Your credits will be capped. You will only have limited access to warzones, flashpoints and operations. You may have to continue to buy future content. The game isn't set up for your idea to be a viable option unless you really have no interest in endgame, group content or pvp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.