Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

This is what happens in a Sourc x Marauder:

Sourc cast two madness spells.

Marauder jumps to Sourc and hits the bubble two times, DESTROYING IT.

Sourc could use Eletrocute, but then the Marauder would just break out of it.

Sourcerer start Force Lightning that deals 2,5k of damage if you're lucky.

Marauder while Force Lightning happens deals two 6k hit each.

Sourcerer is still finishing Force Lightining.

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

This happens ALL *** TIME... We are slighty better against other classes... But we end dead too...

This class is becoming a kill steal class... That can only win against weaken or distracted opponents...

Some people love to say "But your class is made to kill others with continuous damage, not right away"

But how to do continuous damage if we are dead in 5 attacks max?

Edited by AmazoX

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until you actually see just how little damage our abilities are doing you have no clue how useless we are on offense without the stun.

I'm not killing anyone- with full aug BM and some WH- in a hybrid dps spec, when my 2 second spammable does 1k damage on average, and my big hitter chain lightning will do as little as 700-900 damage on people who don't have defensive CDs up- and often won't crit over 2.5k in a full game.

The bubble simply means I can support someone else in getting kills- not as much fun as dealing 7k aoe crits myself, but it gives us support utility that makes us stand out.

Ultimately- if you focus us, we still die in a few hits and we can't outburst anyone. Every class can counter it- and does- but keep whining about one of the weakest pvp classes now having something good- can't wait for them to give mercs a good ability so marauders can start crying about how OP mercs are.

AS of November 2012 for sure this is nonsense and the bubbles are nowhere near strong enough to do as you are saying. One melee will rip the bubble off and take them down before the cooldown before another can apply EASY.....it is merely an aid to healing and not a big one at that.

CAN WE LEAVE THIS THREAD TO REST IN PEACE NOW.

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

This happens ALL *** TIME... We are slighty better against other classes... But we end dead too...

This class is becoming a kill steal class... That can only win against weaken or distracted opponents...

Some people love to say "But your class is made to kill others with continuous damage, not right away"

You hardly have used your defensive and offensive abilities but rather try to stand there and kill a mara with lightning. In fact you won't kill any class like this. L2P

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

I'm sorry, but .. the WASD-keys are your friends.

That's what I got out of AmazoX or whatever's post.

Force lightning.

When a marauder's at 4m.

May as well forcespeed-backpeddle toward a node while you're at it.

Mara that doesn't force scream and deadly throw the bubble down before lol-destroying the sorc in four hits- sounds like a bad marauder, might as well be a click-rauder he's so bad, better make the game easier for marauders right, because they're in such desperate need of the game being made even more EZ mode for them.

Mara that doesn't force scream and deadly throw the bubble down before lol-destroying the sorc in four hits- sounds like a bad marauder, might as well be a click-rauder he's so bad, better make the game easier for marauders right, because they're in such desperate need of the game being made even more EZ mode for them.

You're putting words in my mouth.

Anyone who uses the bolded approach.

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

Deserves the beating he's about to get. Class balance may be bad, but it has zero to do with why this guy's getting crushed. He's a ranged in light armor using an interruptible channel inside a melee's killzone instead of trying to get out of it.

You're putting words in my mouth.

Anyone who uses the bolded approach.

Deserves the beating he's about to get. Class balance may be bad, but it has zero to do with why this guy's getting crushed. He's a ranged in light armor using an interruptible channel inside a melee's killzone instead of trying to get out of it.

He'd get that beating whether he moved or not- it would just come slower... maybe- though it's not too uncommon even at 1200 expertise for me to see my health cut in half in two or three hits from a mara- you're going to take a good ten hits as a sorc to manage that.

What it means? First off- objectives in this game aren't built for kiters. Second- it just means a sorc can screw up once and their health vanishes instantly- anyone can screw up a dozen times against a sorc though and still have a chance to make it back with a simple 2-4 hit combo.

Bad play aside- his point stands that it takes a lot more time and effort as a sorc to do what many classes can do with no effort in a few hits, and that can't be denied.

He'd get that beating whether he moved or not- it would just come slower... maybe- though it's not too uncommon even at 1200 expertise for me to see my health cut in half in two or three hits from a mara- you're going to take a good ten hits as a sorc to manage that.

What it means? First off- objectives in this game aren't built for kiters. Second- it just means a sorc can screw up once and their health vanishes instantly- anyone can screw up a dozen times against a sorc though and still have a chance to make it back with a simple 2-4 hit combo.

Bad play aside- his point stands that it takes a lot more time and effort as a sorc to do what many classes can do with no effort in a few hits, and that can't be denied.

Are you seriously defending and using this post as an argument that maras are OP? What is this? What is this you are saying? "He would get that beating whether he moved or not". News flash he wouldn't. News flash again for a smash spec mara it can take a very long time chasing around a sage to kill him, and he might actually get killed. That is of course by a good sage/sorc and not one that sits there casting lightning and expecting to kill a mara in melee range. I'm seriously starting to wonder how well you know how to play sages and in fact I have stopped posting in this thread because players like yourself have turned it into a mara hate thread, check the title again. And what is this last comment again? It takes more effort you say? If effort is what you are after then play a 2 button class. Defending this post and using it as an argument for maras are OP is ridiculous to say the least.

Are you seriously defending and using this post as an argument that maras are OP? What is this? What is this you are saying? "He would get that beating whether he moved or not". News flash he wouldn't. News flash again for a smash spec mara it can take a very long time chasing around a sage to kill him, and he might actually get killed. That is of course by a good sage/sorc and not one that sits there casting lightning and expecting to kill a mara in melee range. I'm seriously starting to wonder how well you know how to play sages and in fact I have stopped posting in this thread because players like yourself have turned it into a mara hate thread, check the title again. And what is this last comment again? It takes more effort you say? If effort is what you are after then play a 2 button class. Defending this post and using it as an argument for maras are OP is ridiculous to say the least.

Are you still defending whiners who want sorcs to be nerfed again? Are you really so bad that you can't handle a sorc yourself?

I get it- you don't think marauders are any stronger than sorcs and believe losing the bubble isn't a nerf- you know nothing about the game, it's ok, I understand. In case you haven't noticed though- this is a thread where marauders for the most part have come here to whine about sorcs and asked for a severe nerf in sorc usefulness- and as long as you continue to defend people who are saying 'sorc bubble needs a nerf because it makes marauders too OP' you're clearly the ridiculous one.

Check the title- it's whining about sorcs... whining about sorcs, and you're supporting a thread that is whining about sorcs. If you're going to support a thread whining about sorcs- you have no ground to stand on when you try to call others whiners.

Learn to counter the bubble... oh, and get good at your mara if you're really having that much trouble with a madness sorc- of all the things for you to whine about, you're in a force bubble whine thread whining about madness. That's just lulzworthy.

I know you're new to pvp- but being able to do 12k damage in 3 seconds is going to be more effective than doing 12k damage in 7. I'd explain why burst damage is better than slow damage in pvp- but I don't think you'd get it since you seem hellbent on getting sorcs nerfed.

Really- you're asking for sorcs to get nerfed, and you're at the same time whining that anyone would dare suggest your precious marauders be nerfed? You are some kind of special- I wonder why I don't ignore the nonsense you continue to spout.

Edited by fungihoujo

Are you guys kidding right?

How to stay 30M AWAY from a marauder if they have Force Charge that jumps to EXACLTY where we are?

Running? Seriously? Don't matter how many times we use Force Speed or Bubble to "run" we will continue taking HEAVY damage from abilities like Saber Throw... And again, they can use Force Charge to jump on us again...

Like 80% of times we run to take distace, we die.

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

What kind of gear do you use that marauders can get two 6k back to back hits on you? The only time that can happen for me is if the other player is in full recruit or pve gear, and I get very lucky on a final ravage tick critting + smash directly after, or I do a smash and they are in vicious throw range, again, with no expertise or crap gear. Normal crits on geared light armor classes go for around 4.5-5.5k on smash, 2.5k-3k on vicious slash, and 4-5k on vicous throw. Keep in mind those are crits, and a properly geared rage marauder like myself (full power best in slot gear) does not have a lot of crit, so only smash which is 100% chance will crit often.

I fixed the situation for you guys that are concerned about DISTANCE

Sourc cast two madness abilities from 25m.

Marauder jumps on Sourc with Foce Charge and hits the bubble two times, DESTROYING IT.

Sourcerer tries to run to take distance with Force Speed (simple walk is just impossibly slow).

Marauder uses Saber Throw that deals like 1k-2k.

Sourcerer's Force Speed ends 30m away from Marauder (yes!).

Marauder jumps on Sourcerer again. (****!)

Sourcerer start Force Lightning that deals 2,5k of damage if you're lucky, he has no more Force Speed.

Marauder deals more 2k.

Sourcerer is dead.

There it is, you can try it with any Sourcerer and the result ill be the same, unless the marauder is VERY BAD.

Just some simple facts: Force Speed has a 20s cooldown, while Force Charge has 15s.

What means: Does not matter how far you run, the Force Charge will always be ready BEFORE your run abilitie.

Edited by AmazoX

I fixed the situation for you guys that are concerned about DISTANCE

There it is, you can try it with any Sourcerer and the result ill be the same, unless the marauder is VERY BAD.

Just some simple facts: Force Speed has a 20s cooldown, while Force Charge has 15s.

What means: Does not matter how far you run, the Force Charge will always be ready BEFORE your run abilitie.

Mara's are weak and in need of buffs. There's no reason to argue with melee. They are entitled to kill everyone while playing with themselves.

Sourc cast two madness abilities from 25m.

1.Marauder jumps on Sourc and hits the bubble two times, DESTROYING IT.

A: If Hybrid speced, said mara would be sunned, Move to #3

B:If Full madness, use root, if he breaks out that, move to #2. If not, #3

2.Sourc could use Eletrocute, but then the Marauder would just break out of it.

A: From 1B, Mara will take the full stun and you can move to #3

B: Knockback. move to 3#.

3.Sourcerer tries to run to take distance with Force Speed (simple walk is just impossibly slow).

Charge is still on CD, you now have room to DPS him down until he get's back to you.

4.Marauder uses Saber Throw that deals like 1k-2k.

A:Lol

B: Insta heal.

5.Sourcerer's Force Speed ends.

You now have room to DPS said mara down at a distance has charge would -STILL- be on CD.

6.Marauder jumps on Sourcerer and continue doing heavy damage.

Bubble, root/whirlwind and run.

7.Sourcerer start Force Lightning that deals 2,5k of damage if you're lucky, cuz he have no more Force Speed to run.

Yet you'll have range from mara awhile speed would get back up at this point. Save until next charge. Did I forget force lightning permaslows?

8.Marauder while Force Lightning happens deals two 6k hit each.

Impossible. Insta heal damage if you wern't bad enough to use it during the OMG HUGE DAMAGE saber throw.. of wait. -MARA'S DON'T GET SABER THROW-

9.Sourcerer is still finishing Force Lightining.

And your CD's are back up.

10.Marauder deals more 2k.

Awhile he's almost dead.

11.Sourcerer is dead.

If he didn't actually look at his CD's then yes this would happen.

If not then mara would be dead.

Overall, you're terrible.

Edited by Sulfuren

It's not totally amazox fault, of course he will listen to people like funk that say you can't kill a melee dps in melee range by spamming lightning? It's not your fault son they are overpowered. Amazo you need to adjust your tactics, hints have been given. Eg. You say electrocute but he will break out of it, which a good mara won't do cause he knows that a good sorc will follow with whirlwind and take him out of the game for 8 secs, just make sure you haven't dot him yet. You have 5 or 6 if you can double bubble cc, use them. Also you have little knowledge of the mara mechanics. Still there are unfortunate situations that your bubble is down, your cc and defensive abilities are on cool down and you have 70% hp, then unfortunately a Mara can potentially kill you in 4 hits of he has the 4 singularity stacks already and he is lucky with crits, this is charge or obliterate - smash 6k - force scream 4k crit - dispatch 4k crit. Edited by MusicRider