Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits you’ve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!

Dear JovethGonzalez and Bioware,

I am completely not interested in current in-game outfits for my alts or whatever.

BUT!

I would gladly pay 1200-2000 cartel coins if I could buy cool moddable and unique outfit for my characters.

It would seem that your artists suck at creating new and good looking sets, so I will give you a hint:

- It have to be star wars'y

- it has to be cool

- oversized shoulders look ridiculous

I even created a gallery what would look good:

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9872394/

I know that it's someone else's work, but perhaps it will give your artists/set designers a little push in the right direction..

Heavy or Adaptable Armor Full cover headpiece that shows with hood up. (i.e. Force Sentinel Headgear)

Different colors for the current Jedi-like robes, mainly darker or black/grey colors more fitting to Sith.

Just more variety in general in the future. (This comment is not a slam on the current content, which I think is a great start.)

A little off topic, but some kind of hood up/hood down toggle on robes/cloaks.

Varieties of skimpy clothing for male characters. I notice there's an invisible torso piece, which is good, but even more options would be nice. I notice at least one skimpy thing for females (only, ***) has been added. I hope there is skimpy clothing for males on the way (including full outfits). A lot of straight women play this game too, guys.

A complete set of simplified Dread Master style armor is something that I would like on several characters. And what do I mean with simplified, the Dread Guard Assassin npc that can be found in Section X in 1.5 is a great example of this. Similar to the battlemaster gear for the sorcerer (and the original dread master gear) but simpler shoulders, gloves, and head slot but still very much in the same style.

The helm that the Red Blade wears as customizable armor.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Blade

I just can’t stand seeing Lieutenant Pierce in Bounty Hunter gear and even if there was an adaptable version of an Imperial uniform he does not seem like the type that would run around a lot in a uniform. The grey, red, and some white version of the imperial trooper armor that he starts with looks great, I would love to see that as customizable armor even if it was restricted to this companion.

http://www.torhead.com/item/aiWC4mg/pierces-jacket

Customizable versions of the tionese/columi/rakata/battlemaster/war hero belt and bracers. So that you can get a complete look even if you are using these outside of their intended usage. Like if you are using the battlemaster gear with switched out mods in pve, you still can’t get the right belt and bracers if you want to avoid the expertise ( and the low stats ). And this really goes for all the complete armor sets that are sold on the cartel market, they should include belt and bracers.

I cannot find it now but I think at one point Make gets a headset that really looks like a headset complete with microphone that goes to her mouth, would love to have that as customizable armor.

Fix the skin color glitch that makes items appear a different color than what is previewed before adding more outfits to the CC market. That way you wont have so many angry people demanding refunds for items that were "falsely advertised". Now you're not just dealing with PVE items affected by this glitch...but items that people are paying real money for.

On the main subject of this thread...I'd like to see new, unique light armor looking outfits that are not feminine.

Edited by Radzkie

A variety of robes mainly black with some purple or red secondary colouring for Sith.

Same for Jedi but with gold or green secondary to mainly white or grey robes.

Black Op's armor for Imperial Bounty hunters.

Jedi Knight Robes that resemble those of Luke skywalker or Obiwan Kanobi's.

My request is simple. It was actually already a set in the game.

I want the Jedi Sage Centurion Gear. It is by far my favorite looking robe set in the game, and i would love to wear it on my sorc. I love the tattered brown robes. I'd be ok with the robes being a darker brown and having red runes, however, the light brown with the blue runes lookes really good. The Champion and Battlemaster robes look terrible by comparison.

Suggestions to add certain types of armor

I would suggest you add the following items..all available at level 1, Orange Adaptive armor

Pilot's Overcoat

This provides a plain white robe. I would recommend you add a plain black version for the Imperial side (on the Imperial side it is an open coat style robe with red accents...)

Would also be nice to add this with white, black and grey versions, maybe even dark red. Doing so would probably be wildly popular, as many seem to ask for this type of plain robe quite often.

Note: Some of these items may already be offered.

Other items that should be added

Helmets Only

RD-13A Raider helmet

TD-07A Panther Headgear or Hooligans Headgear

Blast guard helmet

Champion War Hero Weaponmaster's Headgear

Xenotech Weaponmaster's Headgear

Fervent Battle Headgear

Veteran Elder Blade's Headgear

Chestpieces

Assault Chestguard

Riveted Chestguard

Full Outfits

TH-16A Master Medic or Imperial Coordination Prototype

Commando Elite Prototype

Clan Varad Recon

Marauder’s Exalted

Republic Trooper

Drelliad

TH-15A Medic Commando

RD-07A Vendetta

I might also recommend you consider converting all current offered armor sets to an Orange Armor/Adaptive Armor combination, available for use at level 1 with minimal mods installed. At the most level 10.

A few pluses to approaching it this way..

1) You can use the gear on anyone, getting a true unique look

2) You still have to outfit the armor with proper mods, so it's not P2W since the mods are lousy for all but the lowest level characters

3) To my knowledge there is no orange armor in the game that is also adaptive. So it would be a unique set of items, and therefore highly prized...and with a 5 day unlock would be available to those that do not wish to purchase it in the store.

So in my opinion this would have been a win for everyone.

Edited by LordArtemis

Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits you’ve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!

I want Thana Vesh's outfit. That is all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.