People playing like stupid on wz's

Royox

I don't get it. It's to easy to call for help, say "1 imp incoming" read the damn chat or just see the minimap to know how other positions are defended....WHY people play as they were just alone on the WZ? I don't get it. I try to do a "teamplay". Calling for help, reporting "mid has 1 stealther" and when i see only 1 defending a position in my map I take a look on that area for see how things are going.

WHY WZ'S ARE SO FULL OF PEOPLE THAT JUST DON'T WANT TO WIN?

Lost WZ: 70 medals

WON WZ: 150 medals.

DO.YOUR.MATHS.

I don't get it. It's to easy to call for help, say "1 imp incoming" read the damn chat or just see the minimap to know how other positions are defended....WHY people play as they were just alone on the WZ? I don't get it. I try to do a "teamplay". Calling for help, reporting "mid has 1 stealther" and when i see only 1 defending a position in my map I take a look on that area for see how things are going.

DO.YOUR.MATHS.

Roll on a different Server where there aren't idiot PvPers

Please, stop applauding, only doing my part for mankind.

There is gonna be bad players in swtor just like there is in call of duty or any other game. Then there is the bad players playing because they are "star wars" fans and they just don't understand the competitive nature of true gamers.

Then there is us. Gotta deal with it man.

The one thing that gets me is the morons that solo guard a point and pay no attention what so ever. I can't tell you how many times I capped on civil war or voidstar and the person guarding is just standing there. IMO those people are just really bad at anything they probably do. First why are you there if you're not doing what you came there to do? If you don't want to guard or just dot care then why aren't you at the fight some where else?

I laugh when you see them slowly turn around and take a second to digest what just happened. LOL

I've seen some hilariously stupid things in some warzones.

Doing Voidstar today with my Sniper.

We we're pushed back to the last door and I was trying to stop a couple of folk planting the bomb when one was planted on the other door.

Ran over and we had an Operative stealthed right next to it saying "sorry, didn't see it"......

It does seem the stupidity rises on week ends for WZs

Not to say there isnt stupid and selfish players on week days as well

just it becomes more apparent every weekend

I gotta admit im losing all patience in Void Star when myself and one other fight off 5-6- even 7 attackers but its the other side that gets bombed EVERY TIME!

All because people chase and refuse to watch the door.

They just stand away from door looking to the respawn area of our opponents for inc

Yesterday in Void Star I could see 3 of my so called team mates fighting (or so they claimed anyways) 1 imp in the starting zone of void star while the remaining 4 of us (we were a 7 man team) tried to stop onrushing 7 from bombing the 2nd doors.

You read that right, 3 of our team were still in the starting area of void star map while attackers were assaulting the 2nd set of doors AFTER opening the bridge on both sides.

It just gets so freaking old and tiring seeing the same stupidity day after day after day

Got into a argument (outside of wz, not while inside) with a guy who claimed going for east and west in Denova was easier to defend and the same distance from the respawn area as defending east and south. And no matter what I said he would not admit or recognize that west for the imps (and east for the reps) is the farthest away node on the Denova wz map.

This game needs world pvp so the stupids can just go whack each other in the PVP zone with out confusing them with things like objectives and strategies required in the WZs currently.

I've seen some hilariously stupid things in some warzones.

Doing Voidstar today with my Sniper.

We we're pushed back to the last door and I was trying to stop a couple of folk planting the bomb when one was planted on the other door.

Ran over and we had an Operative stealthed right next to it saying "sorry, didn't see it"......

happened on a civil war match with a shadow me and my guild friends were running to help and as we got there they capped. and he is literally stood next to the turret as they capped. imbeciles

If you are talking about lvl 10-49 warzones then yeah the stupidity is overflowing. I found out the reason today since it turned out 4 out of 8 admitted they didn't know what to do in the warzone. Even with directions the norm was spread out as thin you can and charge in 1 vs 6. Ignore the pesky operative healers since they move around too much and are too far away. If the enemy has a numerical advantage run away instead of defending that node. Dieing in a warzone is scary.

I find level 50 warzones to be a lot less frustrating even if you lose. In about 8 games out of 10 there is always someone calling incs and everyone tends to group up instead of charging in like Rambo. People also focus on objectives most of the time unless the warzone is a lost cause. Sometimes the gear and skill level is just not on par with the enemy team. That's something for Bioware to fix with an intelligent matching algorithm.

If you are talking about lvl 10-49 warzones then yeah the stupidity is overflowing. I found out the reason today since it turned out 4 out of 8 admitted they didn't know what to do in the warzone. Even with directions the norm was spread out as thin you can and charge in 1 vs 6. Ignore the pesky operative healers since they move around too much and are too far away. If the enemy has a numerical advantage run away instead of defending that node. Dieing in a warzone is scary.

Sounds competitive and balanced.... :rolleyes:

Sounds competitive and balanced.... :rolleyes:

It's not. but neither is 50 pvp.

@ the op

Unless it was changed, you can get up to 100 comms for a loss, and 140 max if you win. do the math. winning a 15 min civil war game < losing two huttball matches to a premade in 5 min each, so long as you get a decent amount of obj points, damage/healing, and don't die a lot.

Edited by Zunayson

Alderaan Civil War

Both teams had a side base. The main fight was in mid. We finally took mid, and I started to head to the other base.

20 seconds later, we lose mid. There are still 5 people there!

I asked in chat: "How did you guys let him cap?"

Response: "Not our fault, he was stealthed"

My project I am leveling on republic side is a scrapper. I make my living on distracted players.

It's alright. I have done some stupid things myself every now and then. I've decided the only thing I can do about it is try to learn and move on. Get better and maybe by the time I hit 50, I will get with a regular core group of people to team up with so I at least trust them and have an idea what they will be doing and what they expect me to do.

Got into a argument (outside of wz, not while inside) with a guy who claimed going for east and west in Denova was easier to defend and the same distance from the respawn area as defending east and south. And no matter what I said he would not admit or recognize that west for the imps (and east for the reps) is the farthest away node on the Denova wz map.

We must be on the same server because I fought this in the warzone. As the leader I said 2 guard west, call incoming, the rest try to capture mid as quick as possible;standard plan with a pug.

So this hero says east and west is easier and says more should follow him. I said no but game starts and 3 capture west and all three go east. Halfway across the field west falls to the enemy, apparently 2 stealth walked right up and capped(if the 2 had stayed to defend they could hold till we could send one more from mid).

Rather than double back he tells everybody to charge east even though the other 5 of us have now captured mid and have reinforcements inbound on West and from mid I see east is a mess of red screenames.

Needless to say 2 chiefs and 6 Indians didn't work.

taking east and west only works if you get the jump on an enemy and they're too disorganized to retaliate; much as we were.

I find it funny, the same people who ultimately cost you the victory are the first to dole out the blame to EVERYONE else on the team.

I am a DPS, but we were playing Huttball, so worked on getting 3 scores and helped guide a 4th. At the end of the game (which we lost) the guy with a lot of Damage points (But barely any Attacker/Defender points) starts saying I suck because my DPS was too low. -It's Huttball! it's not about DPS. It's about scoring, which I did 3 times. But no, it's MY fault we lost the game because I wasn't running around buffing my stats and collecting medals like he was. :rolleyes:

Everytime I see someone blaming another player, again, it's usualy the complainer that is at fault.

My "ignore" list has been growing by leaps and bounds. :p

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

I've sometimes fallen to rage and snapped at people in Wz's... but what drives me nuts are the people at the end, who try and tell me I suck cause I've got low medals/dps/kills... -.- when my objective points are triple theirs.

Also... people who call Inc's after their dead. At that point it's no longer an inc! I always tell people "As soon as you -see- one enemy, or see two, or six, or a god damn talking rabbit coming aat you, you call it!"

DO.YOUR.MATHS.

hahaha ,,, uMAD, brah ^^

Alderaan Civil War

Both teams had a side base. The main fight was in mid. We finally took mid, and I started to head to the other base.

20 seconds later, we lose mid. There are still 5 people there!

I asked in chat: "How did you guys let him cap?"

Response: "Not our fault, he was stealthed"

In Civil War people tend to camp enemy spawning area for more damage on the scoreboard leaving mid unprotected and mr. Shadow/Assasin has a blast behind them :rolleyes:

When I'm in mid I usually stay behind to cover for these fools and have to remind to fight on the node and of course I get angry(yet funny) responses "don't tell me what to do n00b".

Edited by MelodicSixNine

I try to tell myself that some people are doing the best they can with what they have. Personally, I think i'm a good, but not great player. Sometimes I am late with my passes or too slow in transition from one objective to the other. I usually apologize for my mistake, but some people won't let it go. However, I do take pride in the fact that I am almost always around the top in objectives.

I don't know if it's experience, slower reaction times, or simply not giving a damn, but there will always be players who do things that...may not be in the best interests of the team.

Voidstar, round 1, we're defending. Game starts I run to the east door 'cause I see two people going there, the remaining 7 people on my team go left............ I manage to kill one of the two ppl on right, then 2 more enemies show up and I'm still waiting for someone on my team to notice that I'm getting my *** kicked here, nope.

They opened that door, extended the bridge and planted on the second set of doors 'cause once again my team didn't think of defending the other side. Needless to say this failure of a team didn't even manage to open the first set of doors on round 2.

Another favorite of mine is a stealthed scoundrel standing by West control point on Novare, while 2 assassins are clicking on it. No call for help or anything mind you, I yell for him to interrupt while I get there, his reply? "what? and get killed?"

Luckily you don't see idiots like these too often, but one mistake I see happening over and over specially on Republic side is everyone leaving only one person defending a point after we've repelled the attackers. Too hard to glance at the minimap and check how many are staying to defend.

It's so bad that after we pushed back attackers on West point of Novare, everyone immediately ran off to South, 2 shadows pop out of stealth and proceed to beat me down, all this happening while 5 of my teammates are about 50m away, running towards South. I typed for help but I died quick so they started capping almost at the same time my moron teammates saw the message so they yell at me that I should have called for help quicker.

Outstanding team.

Edited by DarkSideTOR

Why are people acting "stupid"?

Its simple, they get rewarded even if they loose.

Its not the same in pve where u have to kill the boss to get rewards.

Which means most people join to do the daily for pvp, and you complete this even if u loose. So why bother learning anything bout tactics or such?

Yes, its that simple.

Another favorite of mine is a stealthed scoundrel standing by West control point on Novare, while 2 assassins are clicking on it. No call for help or anything mind you, I yell for him to interrupt while I get there, his reply? "what? and get killed?"

I don't get that either! You don't lose anything by getting killed(and you stop the cap! that's the most important thing) and you certainly don't get anything by standing and looking at them. Some people, huh?

My favorite is when slinger/sniper stands in cover and doesn't notice the cap on NC...

Why are people acting "stupid"?

Its simple, they get rewarded even if they loose.

Its not the same in pve where u have to kill the boss to get rewards.

Which means most people join to do the daily for pvp, and you complete this even if u loose. So why bother learning anything bout tactics or such?

Yes, its that simple.

No, no it's not that simple.

We already saw that 'no rewards' for losers(those who were subbed then remember the outcry and desperation) or daily 'for win'(literally 2 people on the team stay while the rest leaves after 1 min, because of losing two turrets, first door etc) doesn't help with 'stupids'. It gets worse, because those who actually try get hammered with the 'stupids'.

No, no it's not that simple.

We already saw that 'no rewards' for losers(those who were subbed then remember the outcry and desperation) or daily 'for win'(literally 2 people on the team stay while the rest leaves after 1 min, because of losing two turrets, first door etc) doesn't help with 'stupids'. It gets worse, because those who actually try get hammered with the 'stupids'.

It is ... cuz people always take the path of least resistance, ie effort, to get their reward.

DO.YOUR.MATHS.

OMG Imps are winning on your server. Tell me what server this is :rak_01: