Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

Hide the "But I want it now and with no effort" post as much as you want - it still sticks out like a sore thumb.

Legacy Level 50 and gathering all datacrons first in by no means "no effort", it takes a hell lot of time. Nobody wants this unlockable by random folks who did not spent hours and hours with this game. But forcing you to repeat datacrons over and over is disrespectful to our time as players.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course people want it because they do not want to waste time running around for them, ie. not do the work, because it's very very boring time sink. Seriously, that's the whole thing. Get rid of the annoying grind with conditions X, Z & Y. Having already done it X-times, Paying Z-amount of credits or Cartel Coins and having Y-level legacy to prove the previously done grind on the account. That is the QoL.

What is really priceless, and this applies especially to you Stoofa, is people coming here to give this precious piece of input: "you gotta work for it, it sticks like a sore thumb you don't want to work for it".. That can only be answered with... "no sith sherlock, are you maybe the slowest person in the universe? Duh!". Give it time, it'll sink in. :o

If the stats are worth it, go get them. if not worth the time sink, don't. It is a Pretty simple concept.

Of course people want it because they do not want to waste time running around for them, ie. not do the work, because it's very very boring time sink. Seriously, that's the whole thing. Get rid of the annoying grind with conditions X, Z & Y. Having already done it X-times, Paying Z-amount of credits or Cartel Coins and having Y-level legacy to prove the previously done grind on the account. That is the QoL.

What is really priceless, and this applies especially to you Stoofa, is people coming here to give this precious piece of input: "you gotta work for it, it sticks like a sore thumb you don't want to work for it".. That can only be answered with... "no sith sherlock, are you maybe the slowest person in the universe? Duh!". Give it time, it'll sink in. :o

I've given it time - more time than I usually give a post on any forum I frequent and no, I'm afraid I don't know what you're going on about.

Why stop at Datacron's, why not allow anybody to unlock anything they WANT in the game - you know, do something once and then unlock it on all characters?

I'll just go and get myself a Ultimate level hilt from an OP - once I've got it I can then unlock it on all character in my legacy - you know, legacy 50 and complete the op and win the roll for the hilt - remember this is no mean feat.

There are some stats to be gained if you can stomach the time and, here it is folks, sorry you don't like the word, effort.

If you don't want to spend the effort then guess what - you deserve f all.

I know this is such an alien concept to many people here, the whole idea they might have to work for something.

"But it's boring", "but it's a time sink" - ah didums

You don't want to spend the time, you don't want to be bored then you do not get the stats.

Why this is so difficult to understand and comprehend I really don't know.

The "I want and I want it now" generation really is a complete pain in the a.

Every one of my 10 characters I've taken around and collected the datacrons which are useful for them - so main-stat ones, that is it.

It really doesn't take "that long" to do.

Sure I'm gonna complain and moan about people just coming along, paying a "drop in an ocean" amount of credits and automatically getting all the datacron bonuses on all their characters - it is a ridiculous idea.

Thus far I've been pleased to see that it hasn't made it onto the table - there was a yellow response many, many months ago along the same lines as many here "Yer, I'd like ot too" - goes to show many of the yellows don't want to sink time/effort into things either.

And as for the "Make it happen - that is all that needs to be said" and "Do it now" and "Must be done - end of thread" posts - how about you post WHY it would be a good idea to add this to the game?

Give me just a couple of reasons over: I want it, because I'm lazy.

legacy perk. This is needed. unlock with creds or Cartel coins.

Desired by those to lazy to put forth the effort to find the datacrons on the characters for which they want those stat bonuses? Yes. Needed? Definitely not.

Thankfully, the devs have so far elected to leave those datacron stat bonuses in the "have to be earned PER CHARACTER" category.

If you think the stat bonuses are important for a given character, then find the datacrons with that character. If you do not wish to put forth the effort to find the datacrons with a given character, then you are under no obligation to do so. You will not get those bonuses for that character, though.

Why stop at Datacron's, why not allow anybody to unlock anything they WANT in the game - you know, do something once and then unlock it on all characters?

This is called strawman argument and it is usually not very polite to use it in debate. Nobody is asking for that. This thread is specifically about legacy-wide datacrons and it's proponents argue that if you make it legacy level 50 and as an unlockable perk after you have collected all datacrons, you are not hurting the game mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...
*MISDIRECTED ANGER AND MISCELLANEOUS ANGST*

Ratajack (and those four others repeatedly trolling this and other legacy request threads) need to be seen as trolls. Please continue to report their attempts at both polarization and flaming.

That being said, /signed.

To implement:

Make it a check against your current codex entries, similar to the way your Heroic abilities CD gets checked as you max companion affection. No new UI features needed outside of whatever is in the existing Legacy System framework, and the UX can stay as it is. Ideally something like this should have a legacy level requirement and an associated credit/CC cost. With a CC cost you can legitimately spend development time on a project like this, so long as the cost/benefit analysis on BW end doesn't bottom-out.

Saying the system needs a complete "overhaul" is just dev chatter for saying "Give us an incentive to do it" to the less privileged who inquire about such things.

Edited by -Snakesan-

This is called strawman argument and it is usually not very polite to use it in debate. Nobody is asking for that. This thread is specifically about legacy-wide datacrons and it's proponents argue that if you make it legacy level 50 and as an unlockable perk after you have collected all datacrons, you are not hurting the game mechanics.

No, but those who want it have yet to put forth a compelling reason. All they have is "Because I want it." That's a legitimate reason, but not a very good one, not one to make who knows what kind of coding changes.

This was suggested a while back, but I really like the idea of Legacy wide datacrons.

It could work 1 of 2 ways:

A) Cartel Shop sells the ability to make datacrons legacy wide (500 CC, 1000 CC whatever)

B) Legacy Perk

Example: If you were a level 16 Republic and had gotten all the Ord Mantel, Tython and Coruscant datacrons on other characters, you would gain access to the datacron codex entries and stat benefit as soon as you reached the max level of the planet. So hitting 50 would give you all the Illum ones, 49 all the Corellia ones and so on and so forth.

Obviously faction specific datacrons would have to be taken into consideration as otherwise someone could have more than the correct amount of datacrons.

I really think this would be a huge benefit as I have gotten 60 datacrons on my main and am working on getting the remaining 7, and really really really really don't want to do this for a 2nd character, and third character and so on.

Please take this into consideration,

yours truly,

AshlaBoga

P.S: My fellow forum goers, please keep this bumped so BW can see how interested we are in this feature.

How come this is not a reality yet? It's so good its obviously needed. I thought about it once but didn't remember to make a post, good thing its already a post.

I threw 400 cc on the mount-on-the-move unlock, i would gladly threw more 400 on this, you are loosing money, bioware.

At this point I would much prefer separate datacron mastery lists for all toons to make it easier to know if I've picked up all the ones per planet for the currently being played character. Having them all already checked off makes that very, very difficult to remember and wading through the galactic history codexes is a pain.

No, but those who want it have yet to put forth a compelling reason. All they have is "Because I want it." That's a legitimate reason, but not a very good one, not one to make who knows what kind of coding changes.

How about this for a legitimate reason: Because hunting down and mario hopping to all of the datacrons on sixteen characters is not fun. This is a game, it is supposed to be fun. I've collected them all before and spending hours on each character to obtain them again over and over is not fun, it is tedious.

How about this for a legitimate reason: Because hunting down and mario hopping to all of the datacrons on sixteen characters is not fun. This is a game, it is supposed to be fun. I've collected them all before and spending hours on each character to obtain them again over and over is not fun, it is tedious.

Doing dailies is not fun, it is tedious, so I should be able to do them on one character and get the rewards on all of them. The same can be said for any part of the game that isn't fun so where does it end?

Also, "fun" is an opinion and not a fact. I find getting Datacrons to be "fun" and enjoy helping others get them.

Collect the Datacrons as you level and it won't feel like you're spending hours getting them.

Doing dailies is not fun, it is tedious, so I should be able to do them on one character and get the rewards on all of them. The same can be said for any part of the game that isn't fun so where does it end?

Also, "fun" is an opinion and not a fact. I find getting Datacrons to be "fun" and enjoy helping others get them.

Collect the Datacrons as you level and it won't feel like you're spending hours getting them.

Give me as many alternative methods of earning Datacrons as your example has plenty of alternatives to earning credits and we have a deal. Also I don't level all of my alts through your standard class missions, unless its a class that I haven't played before I just stick to PVP and Flashpoints to level. So there goes the "Collect them as you level" avenue which I wouldn't do any ways as it just keeps me on the planet longer, doing something I really really REALLY don't want to do again.

Edited by Vaalin

How about this for a legitimate reason: Because hunting down and mario hopping to all of the datacrons on sixteen characters is not fun.

Then don't do it.

This is a game, it is supposed to be fun.

Hey, we agree.

I've collected them all before and spending hours on each character to obtain them again over and over is not fun, it is tedious.

Then don't do it.

Here is the answer again: if the bonuses are really all that important, then it's worth the time to get them. If the bonuses are not really all that important, then it doesn't matter if your character has them or not. So, are they important or are they not important?

So there goes the "Collect them as you level" avenue which I wouldn't do any ways as it just keeps me on the planet longer, doing something I really really REALLY don't want to do again.

Then, wait for it, don't do it.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Then don't do it.

Then, wait for it, don't do it.

I got rid of the rest of it because its pretty much worthless. The stats are important if you're planning on running top tier end game ops. I've done them on several characters however I'd prefer to not do it on the rest. However can you tell me a good reason to NOT allow them to be legacy wide after you've obtained them all? A compelling reason, not just drivel.

Two things:

• This is a suggestion thread. Your opinion in the matter has been noted, though you'll have to respect that the majority of posters in this thread disagree with you. Continuously bashing in your opinion, assaulting others for offering suggestions and using strawmen at this point is doing nothing constructive or substantial to the discussion.

• For someone so well versed in this game you should know that leveling is a hybrid process. Nobody is going to follow the same path in order to reach 60, so why would you expect that everyone is going to use the leveling path to gain access to holocrons? You likely had to reference guides online in order to reach them, something that would greatly hinder the leveling process for many folks. Even then, I highly doubt you acquired the vast majority of your holocrons while leveling.

I get it, YOU want to preserve the "rewards" you acquired through YOUR unique avenue of play. I, along with many others, feel the system is broken and your effort has been wasted. Continuing your tactic of using strawmen and bully tactics is just going to incentivise us to report your posts for trolling.

Two things:

• This is a suggestion thread. Your opinion in the matter has been noted, though you'll have to respect that the majority of posters in this thread disagree with you. Continuously bashing in your opinion, assaulting others for offering suggestions and using strawmen at this point is doing nothing constructive or substantial to the discussion.

• For someone so well versed in this game you should know that leveling is a hybrid process. Nobody is going to follow the same path in order to reach 60, so why would you expect that everyone is going to use the leveling path to gain access to holocrons? You likely had to reference guides online in order to reach them, something that would greatly hinder the leveling process for many folks. Even then, I highly doubt you acquired the vast majority of your holocrons while leveling.

I get it, YOU want to preserve the "rewards" you acquired through YOUR unique avenue of play. I, along with many others, feel the system is broken and your effort has been wasted. Continuing your tactic of using strawmen and bully tactics is just going to incentivise us to report your posts for trolling.

Plus the obvious fact they have a vested interest as they wrote a "guide" or helps people look for Datacrons (For a hefty cost probable akin to those who get paid to help people level and whine about XP boasts) and feel the need to preserve or their e-peen and social standing ingame will diminish. People are weird.

Edited by FerkWork

Plus the obvious fact they have a vested interest as they wrote a "guide" or helps people look for Datacrons (For a hefty cost probable akin to those who get paid to help people level and whine about XP boasts) and feel the need to preserve or their e-peen and social standing ingame will diminish. People are weird.

Ehh, what?

PetFish has been nothing but reasonable during most of this discussion. His "guide" (more of a list of how many jumps you need to make) is freely available to all, and I have not seen him running any "pay me 1m :sy_auction: and I will showyou how to get there" scheme. Not to mention, there are literally dozens of videos on YouTube (also free) that show you exactly where to go

Ehh, what?

PetFish has been nothing but reasonable during most of this discussion. His "guide" (more of a list of how many jumps you need to make) is freely available to all, and I have not seen him running any "pay me 1m :sy_auction: and I will showyou how to get there" scheme. Not to mention, there are literally dozens of videos on YouTube (also free) that show you exactly where to go

My point exactly. If Datacrons were legacy wide who would look at the guides? I see a clear conflict of interest.

But I digress and honestly don't care

Ehh, what?

PetFish has been nothing but reasonable during most of this discussion. His "guide" (more of a list of how many jumps you need to make) is freely available to all, and I have not seen him running any "pay me 1m :sy_auction: and I will show you how to get there" scheme. Not to mention, there are literally dozens of videos on YouTube (also free) that show you exactly where to go

Fish could just as easily gain the +1's they so desire by helping out their guild, not by flaming everyone that shares an opposing view. Once you belittle yourself to bully tactics the gloves come off.

Let me reiterate: Unless you have something positive or constructive to add to this (or any) suggestion thread I'd just stay out of it. Fish nor Ratajak have done nothing of the sort yet.

The stats are important if you're planning on running top tier end game ops.

Assuming that's true (which I doubt, but I'll go with it for the sake of argument), then it is obviously worth it to go get them.

So go get them.

I've done them on several characters however I'd prefer to not do it on the rest.

Then don't.

However can you tell me a good reason to NOT allow them to be legacy wide after you've obtained them all? A compelling reason, not just drivel.

Any reason you disagree with you will classify as "drivel," but here goes: getting the datacrons provides an in-game mechanical bonus to a character. Making them legacy-wide is the same, conceptually, as making top-rated gear legacy-wide: "Hey, I got 198 gear on one of my characters, I should be able to unlock it for my entire legacy."