Nervous about the Collector's Edition Bonus Coins

Trolltar

From an RP perspective, the trooper uniform never made sense as a CE only item anyway. It should have been something a bit more rare. Kinda puts a damper on running rp events where 5-10 people are in trooper regalia, because nobody has access. Honestly, its a big hope of mine to see the uniforms go into the store, just to see the availability increase. That 1000 coins should be a buyout, and just let the store die. Honestly, all it does is make people mad anyway.

While I can see where you are coming from they need not make the CE sets available, there are plenty of differing trooper armours and helmets out there that could be used in the cash shop which would fulfill your required purpose.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never bought any CE or deluxe edition or whatever the marketing people call it. In any game. They are solely marketed to people who care more about stuff around the game than they care about the game itself.

Um actually people that buy the collectors edition and deluxe edition support the game in fact they support it more then those that don't buy it because they are in a since giving the company more profit = more development.

Edited by SancsAbsolution

equal? I'm pretty damn sure you did not just pay 5 dollar less for the DDE than for the CE. (I am just estimating the actual worth of 250 cartel coins here)

you get 10 coins per dollar you paid more than the normal box - for both the DDE and the CE. (going by the original price, not current)

DDE >> you get 250 coins for the 25 dollar/euro more you paid

CE >>> you get 1000 coins for the 100 dollar/euro more you paid

so, they are - in this case - treating costumers extactly equal.

I like to see someone else is trying to help him with some basic match skills.

here is the math I came up with when he posted this on another topic

Original game prices: Standard=$60, DDE=$80, CE=$150

so for DDE

$80-$60= $20

250cc/$20 = 12.5cc per $1

now for CE

$150-$60= $90

1000cc/$90= 11.11cc per $1

so CE should get 1125cc to be fair with DDE

And this is assuming he paid the original price and not the $5 upgrade it is now

so no for $5 you should not get 500cc

How nervous are you? Do your hands shake? Is your mouth dry?

Try this mantra, repeat until you are calm: "it is only a video game, it is only a video game."

It's only a video game I was waiting for since its very announcement and which I have been playing every day since December and I spent a lot of money and nerves on :L

It's only a video game I was waiting for since its very announcement and which I have been playing every day since December and I spent a lot of money and nerves on :L

but did you need the CE to enjoy the game?

I bought the CE for entirely different reasons, and the Malgus statue alone is worth the money (I mean actual hard value, as in comparision with other Gentle Giant products, not 'worth')

do I wish there was more 'oh look at me I'm so special' stuff to be found in the vip lounge and the CE vendor? sure, but I am the kind of player that would rather brag with stuff they actually got .in game. anyway.

I have yet to see someone congratulate me on my CE taun taun, but people are quite jealous of Karragga's hat ;)

(and I was server-first after 1.2 to get an Okokeet, too... not that this means much now. lol)

Edited by amnie

What should happen is DDE are ONLY getting 250 coins.

Compared to CE which is 1k.

DDE should get 500 coins. It's a complete ourage that they are not treating customers as equals.

That's because those who bought the CE and those who bought the DDE aren't equal in terms of what they spent on the game.

Next time spend the extra money if you want the same thing the CE players got.

why do you care if these items go to the cartel shop. you will get extra cartel coins because you are a CE sub. so you'll get those items because you paid for CE. someone else will also get those items if they pay real money for cartel coins. so the only difference is you paid early for the coins and they pay now for the coins, not really much to be nervous about

Because Like that sircopperfield guy they feel entitled to the extra goodies that came with the CE version. No one else should ever have those items ever only CE owners. People are very Clikish now a days and want exclusivity. Its the only way they feel special.

I bought the CE and I am upset that I did. The ONLY benefit to it was the free speeder for all toons THATS IT.

That frankly wasnt worth 162 dollars. The malgus statue is only worth 20 bucks to me. Perhaps 30 years from now I will be old and grey in a nursing home and I will need cash someone on ebay will want it..

that is kinda the point... if your life is so dull that a video game causes you to worry than you probably haven't been outside in a while...

there are plenty of more important things to worry about

What makes you think that your petty judgement makes you look vibrant? For most people gaming is a way to decompress from real life stresses, which assumes every gamer actually does have one. For you to just reject out of hand how someone feels about something they care about like any other hobby says more about you than it does them.

I think its cool that collector's edition and digital deluxe are getting additional cartel coins. However, the bonus makes me a little nervous. My concern is that the reason we are getting bonus coins is because all of the exclusive stuff we got when paid $20-$90 extra for the game is about to go into the cartel store.

I won't rage quit or anything over it, but I really like having exclusive access to the imperial and republic uniforms on the collector's edition vendor. Its a great way to stand out in a crowd.

Star Trek Online did the same thing six months or so after launch, putting all the exclusive items in the C-Store. That time I did quit the game but not just for that reason.

I'm really not worried about this. Personall I bought DDE, the only free thing of value was the speeder, and even that turned out to be obsolete quite quickly - despite BW stating it would remain useful throughout the game.

At least if this stuff ends up on store, I might get a shot at having a moddable version of the speeder.

I'll save your concerns and devalue the collectors edition without resorting to the cash shop....

http://www.game.co.uk/en/star-wars-the-old-republic-collectors-edition-142985?categoryIdentifier=203253

See?

They can put what they want in the cash shop, we can get the collectors edition for £10 now. Why waste money buying cartel coins when we can get it all cheap anyway?

We can get the digital upgrade for £2.99 and get all the ingame items.

Don't worry so much about what the cartel coins will buy when what folk spent wads on at the start is now pretty much bargain bin prices anyway.

Edited by Gomla

Epeen should never be a reason to play a game or to quit a game. CE owners have been rewarded. As someone else said, as long as we don't have to pay extra to get those same things that were/are considered to be included with the box, then I don't care if they are in the store or not. Heck, if the game will make a few extra thousand dollars selling it in the store, then by all means I hope they do - the more revenue the game has at this point the better.

BJ

"The True measure of a gamer is the ability to ignore epeen and just enjoy a game" -- Hanok Odbrook

I agree with most of what you said, except for the highlighted part. These guys do not seem to have spent the money they were given very logically. My greatest concern is that looking at the decisions made on many things, already, will they put things in the Cartel Store that people will be willing to pay for to keep the game afloat? With the restrictiveness of the F2P Matrix, I am worried that prices too high, or items that are viewed as undesirable, will turn this to a failure, as well. Eventually, someone at EA is going to say that it's not worth it to continue. I fear that these Devs will just see this as another cash sink (this time with real life cash). If putting the items from the CE and DDE in the cartel store helps bring in revenue and improves the game, I am all for it.

Basically if you sub you will get all content and updates etc. The coins for us who continue to sub will be basically to purchase vanity items. So if you aren't really into that type of stuff then the coins will probably just sit there. I am not much into in-game pets etc. so I likely won't be spending much. Maybe a cool mount if there is one. But if they are sellable then I will likely sell a lot of mine.

Basically if you sub you will get all content and updates etc. The coins for us who continue to sub will be basically to purchase vanity items. So if you aren't really into that type of stuff then the coins will probably just sit there. I am not much into in-game pets etc. so I likely won't be spending much. Maybe a cool mount if there is one. But if they are sellable then I will likely sell a lot of mine.

This brings up a good point. I hope the Cartel Points, and/or the items from the store are tradable.

Clearly the 1,000 cartel coins are intended to make up for the fact that our collectors edition vendor will not be getting any updates.

There's really no need to worry about the items in said vendor moving over to the cash shop, just like there was no need to worry about it when we had this same argument a year ago on the forums. For one, what's in there isn't all that special. Two, they're not going to bother reclassifying 10 stupid items to wring a little more cash out of a few people at the expense of pissing off every CE owner.

What should happen is DDE are ONLY getting 250 coins.

Compared to CE which is 1k.

DDE should get 500 coins. It's a complete ourage that they are not treating customers as equals.

Yeah why should those who spent A LOT MORE MONEY on a CE be equals with those who spent $60. They deserve the statue and authenticator also. In fact F2P people should get all that too.