Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

*Sigh* Is this still going on?

Bioware's Q&A acknowledged a change to the PvP system and that change will be matchmaking. They have no current plans to split the queues.

Also, 1.6 is confirmed to be removing the gear gap between PvP tier 2 and PvP tier 3. Idk if we'll be given BM instead of recruit, but gear is no longer an issue.

Bioware's already taking care of the real issues behind this "problem" and notice none of them were "Premade's OP."

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, premades should play in a specifique warzone AKA Ranked warzones.

Normal warzones should be for solo queues...

With that changes PVP gets more fun. If we continue have premades in normal warzones PVP never gonna be balanced in this game. ;)

Its the true.

You should probably educate yourself before having an opinion

Please explain how 3 friends can do an 8man ranked team

And most premades are a group of friends playing together having fun and getting gear (not all premades are decked out) And I have yet to see premade folks coming here and claiming that they like easy-mode. You will have to wait for BW to implement it's match making. Premades are here to stay and if people are smart there will only be more.

This.

Several days ago we kept accidentally getting double pre-mades vs poorly geared rep pugs. Needless to say everyone logged into alts after few games because face-rolling is not fun unless you are really sad person. There was a bit of discussion about removing some pieces of gear in this situation to compensate but honestly people that are competitive do not want to nerf themselves to have fun but rather play at the max so this does not happen... Next patch should help with gear gap at least, but pugs will still mostly lose to organized groups with voice chat.

Nop; My comparison is correct, if you included teamspeak to order healing- protect healer - inc .

I put in the percentage to see the chance of winning and losing for the newbie. I've been in pvp and 60 to 70% time i met premade WH+aug.

Seeing you as a sniper; i would say Imp has it more easier than Rep - though this could be wrong -. I'm with BMs + Elite WH hand and off hand, i play as DPS with ability to guard do you know how much medal i got when facing premade ? 7 medals. If i'm guarding then i could get 10 medals. But that are classes with tank spec so they can earn defend point. I dont know how you can earn 8 medals with recruit gears damage against WH gears without guarding the object and when your team got creamed.

It's fine to do like that. joining 4 wz getting 60-70 coms each. But it kill the pvp. People will rolling it just to get the coms. And what about learning how to play your class in pvp when you killed in 20 sec touching the ground. It's a game. Of course, just like Olympic, all fun and peace. Until the U.S basket ball national team cream the whole Basket ball event, since then the U.S only let their university team to go for Olympic basket ball.

Point is, Why premade WH+aug want to fight against PUG ? with 70% they will meet under gear team ? ( Since i'm only in Rep i could only name Empire player in Progenitor server, Exo-dus and his groups, can't remember all the weird name in online game ). And these action discourage new player want to join in pvp. They will think like you:" Just joining for 4 game then quit ". The Wz is where player compete each others, when this become "no competition" there will be no competitors.

You just pointed out why your analogy is even worse. Tell me how having team speak in game translates to the pros being able to talk to each other while the city league can't. Both can talk to each other so that is why it is a poor analogy.

And I am not full recruit. I have the 4 piece in BM from PvPing prior to 50. If you don't do that, then I don't know what to tell you. Using your analogy, as poor as it is; that would make you the guy that worked a desk job his entire life watching football then saying "Hey, I can do that." Then getting thrown into the NFL expecting to be a Pro Bowler.

Edited by Technohic

So here we go

1 group make up of a premade is random friends (since you think its always 4 man groups ill play this game)

a 4 dps

b 3 dps 1 tank

c 3 dps 1 healer

d 2 dps 2 tanks

e 2 dps 2 healer

f 2 dps 1 heal 1 tank

g 1 dps 2 healer 1tank

h 1 dps 1 heal 2 tanks

I 4 healer

j 3 healer 1 tank

k 2 healer 2 tanks

L 1 healer 3 tanks

m 4 tanks

2 Now anyone of these groups has a HUGE disadvantage when paired with 4 random pugs

examples (ill go with what you think is common)

a 2 healer (since u like to say cross healing) 1 dps 1 tank premade group now the pugs are 2 healer 1 dps and 1 tank .......thats 4 healer 2 tanks 2 dps pretty weak group what you really wanted from the pug was 1 tank 3 dps or even 4 dps

b 2 healer 2 dps premade pug group 3 tanks 1 healer......not a very good combo having 3 heal 3 tanks

I can go on and on about this but i think you get the point ... reg wzs are like a box of chocolate you never know what your gonna get

3 All premades are good.... this is so far from the truth....not really even gonna talk about it

4 All premades are geared....once again....you fail....Ill play along tho

a this now leaves 4 players that might all be in recruit gear (meaning half the team is easy pickings)

b since qs are random your team could be all full wh players or even half....teams are now even

5 mumble and vent ( yes this is an advantage but not that big ) you still have 4 people not on it so if you have to call inco well still got to type it....but yes going for CC caps it helps (until that guy not in mumble comes over and screws it up)

What you are really crying about!!!!!

group comp ( hate to tell you but I still cry when going into wz with a full premade and looking at the other 4 players that will be with me )

In short non ranked pvp or reg wz are not for competition its for fun if you are not having fun stop pvping or make a group..... it is alot more fun with a group of friends but you do not have to (its a choice)

Just gonna keep spamming this till I educate people

AND YES YOU HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF HAVING A PREMADE ON YOUR TEAM AS YOU DO PLAYING AGAINST ONE...If you make your own premade you have 100% chance of being in a premade...but not 100% chance of winning

Nop; My comparison is correct, if you included teamspeak to order healing- protect healer - inc .

I put in the percentage to see the chance of winning and losing for the newbie. I've been in pvp and 60 to 70% time i met premade WH+aug.

Seeing you as a sniper; i would say Imp has it more easier than Rep - though this could be wrong -. I'm with BMs + Elite WH hand and off hand, i play as DPS with ability to guard do you know how much medal i got when facing premade ? 7 medals. If i'm guarding then i could get 10 medals. But that are classes with tank spec so they can earn defend point. I dont know how you can earn 8 medals with recruit gears damage against WH gears without guarding the object and when your team got creamed.

It's fine to do like that. joining 4 wz getting 60-70 coms each. But it kill the pvp. People will rolling it just to get the coms. And what about learning how to play your class in pvp when you killed in 20 sec touching the ground. It's a game. Of course, just like Olympic, all fun and peace. Until the U.S basket ball national team cream the whole Basket ball event, since then the U.S only let their university team to go for Olympic basket ball.

Point is, Why premade WH+aug want to fight against PUG ? with 70% they will meet under gear team ? ( Since i'm only in Rep i could only name Empire player in Progenitor server, Exo-dus and his groups, can't remember all the weird name in online game ). And these action discourage new player want to join in pvp. They will think like you:" Just joining for 4 game then quit ". The Wz is where player compete each others, when this become "no competition" there will be no competitors.

And to be honest, I run into premades while solo queuing with such an alarming frequency that if I left every match with a premade on the opposing side, I might as well just stop PvP'ing entirely.

This. Went 0/8 last night. After getting my daily on one toon with mostly recruit geared players on my team (can't complain since I was 50/50 recruit/BM myself) running up against pre-mades from hard core PvP guilds, I waited a bit before queuing on my other 50. It was the same story, just different players.

Not sure what other servers are like, but on Harbinger pub side, your chances of a solo queue landing you with a decent pre-made, vs the chances of you being in a complete pug against an imp premade, is about 1 in 50. And there aren't many pub-vs-pub matches either IME.

Still, one perfectly executed door cap by me distracting the 2 guards while a stealthy teammate capped made the whole evening worthwhile to me.

Just gonna keep spamming this till I educate people

Not really on topic, but isn't that exactly why it's failing to educate people?

I mean, if a person (in this case, you) is absolutely certain that they have considered all the possibilities, and have come to the best, most appropriate conclusion, then anybody who doesn't agree with your conclusion must either:

1. Not have understood the post in full, either because the reader lacks the comprehension skills necessary or the author lacks the communication skills to wholly convey their understanding.
  2. Their experiences differ from yours (for whatever cause, such as server differences etc), and so disagree with your conclusion.

In either case, spamming the same text isn't going to educate anyone that it didn't educate the first time you posted it. Of course, I suppose you're free to do what you like with your spare time.

On topic: Yes, I understand the implications of the Dev post, stating that no separation of queues is on the cards at present. However, I don't exactly have faith in EA/Bioware that what they pick is always the best way forward, based on past experience with SWTOR. As soon as I read the patch notes for 1.5 (and learned that the resolve for bubble stun wasn't going up), I found it glaringly obvious that a Sage that specced Seer/TK hybrid going to receive all the buffs put on the class and it would be truly annoying in warzones (especially in conjunction with the resolve changes). I couldn't possibly imagine how they had failed to see it coming. But apparently, the development team didn't see it.

Also, still no mention of Cross server? Not even a "We know it would be/is important and we're working on it, but we have no ETA"? As far as I'm concerned that is as important, if not more so, than enhancing the current matchmaking facilities.

I don't think that separating out queues is "the one true way" to solve the PvP issues by a long shot. In fact, on it's own, I don't see it solving very much at all. However, I do think that a toggle in the options somewhere that says "I do not want to be matched into a game with pre-mades" would be a quick (not to mention easier to implement than cross server) partial solution, and wouldn't require any literal separation. It would draw everyone from the same queue and give people the scope to find matches on their terms if it's what they want. Any half decent player (solo or premade) that actually wants a challenge will be fine with queuing for either match-up. I know I would be fine with that.

If it was deemed as too undesirable to queue with the possibility of being against/with a premade, stick a small bonus (10% or whatever) in for people who are more flexible with their queuing habits. The same thing that already happens with group-finding tools for many existing games.

Any half decent player (solo or premade) that actually wants a challenge will be fine with queuing for either match-up. I know I would be fine with that.

It is not a challenge to play a 100% pug against a premade, it is boring gameplay. Sure the first 200 matches might be fun but in the end it is frustrating.

I always play to have fun and to be matched up pug vs premade is not, especially since in most cases pug players just give up and start defmedal camping instead of "accepting the challenge"

Edited by Icestar

[*]Not have understood the post in full, either because the reader lacks the comprehension skills necessary or the author lacks the communication skills to wholly convey their understanding.

[*] Their experiences differ from yours (for whatever cause, such as server differences etc), and so disagree with your conclusion.

The facts get in the way...

their experience.....really lack there of (or understanding) is the problem

In my opinion, premades should play in a specifique warzone AKA Ranked warzones.

Normal warzones should be for solo queues...

With that changes PVP gets more fun. If we continue have premades in normal warzones PVP never gonna be balanced in this game. ;)

Its the true.

I guess it's good your opinion does not mean much too BW.

I mean, if a person (in this case, you) is absolutely certain that they have considered all the possibilities, and have come to the best, most appropriate conclusion, then anybody who doesn't agree with your conclusion must either:

1. Not have understood the post in full, either because the reader lacks the comprehension skills necessary or the author lacks the communication skills to wholly convey their understanding.
  2. Their experiences differ from yours (for whatever cause, such as server differences etc), and so disagree with your conclusion.

In either case, spamming the same text isn't going to educate anyone that it didn't educate the first time you posted it. Of course, I suppose you're free to do what you like with your spare time.

On topic: Yes, I understand the implications of the Dev post, stating that no separation of queues is on the cards at present. However, I don't exactly have faith in EA/Bioware that what they pick is always the best way forward, based on past experience with SWTOR. As soon as I read the patch notes for 1.5 (and learned that the resolve for bubble stun wasn't going up), I found it glaringly obvious that a Sage that specced Seer/TK hybrid going to receive all the buffs put on the class and it would be truly annoying in warzones (especially in conjunction with the resolve changes). I couldn't possibly imagine how they had failed to see it coming. But apparently, the development team didn't see it.

Also, still no mention of Cross server? Not even a "We know it would be/is important and we're working on it, but we have no ETA"? As far as I'm concerned that is as important, if not more so, than enhancing the current matchmaking facilities.

I don't think that separating out queues is "the one true way" to solve the PvP issues by a long shot. In fact, on it's own, I don't see it solving very much at all. However, I do think that a toggle in the options somewhere that says "I do not want to be matched into a game with pre-mades" would be a quick (not to mention easier to implement than cross server) partial solution, and wouldn't require any literal separation. It would draw everyone from the same queue and give people the scope to find matches on their terms if it's what they want. Any half decent player (solo or premade) that actually wants a challenge will be fine with queuing for either match-up. I know I would be fine with that.

If it was deemed as too undesirable to queue with the possibility of being against/with a premade, stick a small bonus (10% or whatever) in for people who are more flexible with their queuing habits. The same thing that already happens with group-finding tools for many existing games.

very well writen post, I like your idea about having a check box, however i feel this game does need a cross server que for pvp. fighting the same peeps over and over in its self is like haveing only two people in the whole world that box and watching that same fight over and over again. Diversity, and faster ques are what come to mind when i think of cross server ques. I can see how folks wouldnt want one for pve ( gear fights / ninjaing bla bla) but that is a moot point in pvp.

some would argue the trolling / bad sportsmanship would happen in a cross server que for pvp, well that happens now, i cant tell you how many times i have seen imp players /spitting on republic players and /saying horrific things. so what is the differance?

I dont know why BW is being so difficult about putting this into place, this is the 21st centry, for gods sake there are mmo's out there made in 2004 that have cross server ques, not to mention most modern mmos have them. At this point BW should be doing everything they can to NOT <=== discourage players from leaving. some folks do nothing but PVP and by making it as fustrating as you can by

1. having ultra high CC's

2. no cross server ques

3. putting pugs up against premades

certainly does not help make players want to retain their subs. to be honest ive stuck it out this long because I am a star wars fan and i like the story. but not every person is like that most whom have left were not fans, and i am assuming that some new players are not dedicated fans either.

Edited by DarthSabreth

So PUG are pewee leagues ? Then answer freaking why so pro premade 8 WH+aug like to roll on our pewee league ? Keep rolling in there days after days ? What does that make those guys ?

If you are so pro. Stick to your pro league. No want beg you to come to our pewee league.

Were did I say pugs are pewee leagues? If you had some reading comprehension you might of thought that the mind set of a lot of YOU make me be leave you got a upbringing around the philosophy the we are all winners and the like.

Never said i was pro, I often premade WZ's and have fun unlike u

Edited by Pvtcarnage

You know what is sad on this thread.

The people that are whining about the premades are REFUSING to improve their game play and/or get a group to play with.

You guys want Bioware to give fairer matchmaking somehow with all your suggestions can easily be abused by people who want to abuse the system.

I love it how people in recruit "give up" against a war hero because the gear ratio is too much. The funniest part of this whole deal is that I have seen recruit gear ppl tear it up in PvP by proper rotation, tactics and improving their current gear recruit with augments (I have seen Recruit Assassins and Juggs doing 300k in a PvP match and ripping apart War Hero Healers left right and center).

You guys can complain all you want, you can grab Bioware to fix your crappiness but at the end you will STILL complain. You guys while STILL whine and ask for nerfs, or buffs or some stupid ****.

Next thing you want Bioware to give you is an atomic bomb so that if you die everyone dies around you to make you feel better......

It is not a challenge to play a 100% pug against a premade, it is boring gameplay. Sure the first 200 matches might be fun but in the end it is frustrating.

I always play to have fun and to be matched up pug vs premade is not, especially since in most cases pug players just give up and start defmedal camping instead of "accepting the challenge"

That would be the intent of the checkbox idea I described. Match Up Pre-mades vs Pre-mades, and then if you can't fill a whole 8-man team with premades, slot in people who have already signified they'd be happy to be in a team with and against premades, despite queueing solo.

Trust me, I don't enjoy Pre-made vs PuG when playing on either side of that either.

That would be the intent of the checkbox idea I described. Match Up Pre-mades vs Pre-mades, and then if you can't fill a whole 8-man team with premades, slot in people who have already signified they'd be happy to be in a team with and against premades, despite queueing solo.

Trust me, I don't enjoy Pre-made vs PuG when playing on either side of that either.

There should be something that can be done in relation to this as finding 8 guys on in the guild to do ranked can be tough where 4's been doable..........winning or losing in a totally onesided affair does nothing for enjoyment only gear gain and when you have all the gear???.....i like this idea there must be something can be done..........on voidstar last week they went through all the doors so quick i could barely keep up, we were defending lol, then when we attacked we never even got close to taking down the first door. It doesn't matter and always make the best of pvp, i love it do what you can and all that, but closer and more interesting matchups is the key.........a mish mash of players on either side has always been best overall, is why pvping before top level always leaves you wanting more.

The people that are whining about the premades are REFUSING to improve their game play and/or get a group to play with.

You guys want Bioware to give fairer matchmaking somehow with all your suggestions can easily be abused by people who want to abuse the system.

I love it how people in recruit "give up" against a war hero because the gear ratio is too much. The funniest part of this whole deal is that I have seen recruit gear ppl tear it up in PvP by proper rotation, tactics and improving their current gear recruit with augments (I have seen Recruit Assassins and Juggs doing 300k in a PvP match and ripping apart War Hero Healers left right and center).

You guys can complain all you want, you can grab Bioware to fix your crappiness but at the end you will STILL complain. You guys while STILL whine and ask for nerfs, or buffs or some stupid ****.

Next thing you want Bioware to give you is an atomic bomb so that if you die everyone dies around you to make you feel better......

*Nods* I know right.

I was playing on my recruit/bm sniper yesterday, and I know some of my opponents were full WH. I didn't do great in terms of damage, but the utility and use of my abilities way made up for it. Flashbanged so my team could cap a node, Legshotted carriers on the fire, Defensive bubble for my team, worked as a point for an intercede, etc...

I'm glad they are getting rid of the gear gap in 1.6 just to level things, but really it is so annoying to see all these complaints from people who just refuse to step up. *sigh*

No, what is sad is that people can't recognize that ppl queuing solo are at a severe disadvantage when paired against 4 or 8-man pre-made groups. And that, on certain server/faction combinations (Harbinger, Republic), you have virtually NO chance of ever seeing a pre-made on your side.

I accept that my gear needs to get better, and my skills. And no, contrary to your hyperbole, I do not expect BW to give me a one-shot and win button. Hell, even as a PvE'er only PvPing for a couple of weeks (valor 35!), I have lost *plenty* of matches where I thought the PuG I was in did a great job and we were just slighting outmatched, but were still competitive. But getting 3-capped and spawn capped by an 8-man pre-made...what exactly am I supposed to learn from that? Really, tell me. So far, the only lesson I've learned is that I either need to dedicate ALL of my swtor time to PvP so I can hope to get into one of the uber-leet PvP guilds, or I need to change factions, or I need to accept that I will lose 90% of the time even when I get gear.

Other than that, I agree that deserters should be shot on sight IRL. Or banished. Or some equally horrible punishment doled out for screwing the rest of the team over.

Yeah! Stop saying solo queues suck and stop solo queuing! Soloe queuing is so much more fun when you don't do it! Also generalizations are awesome.

I agree! Stop suggesting ways to make the game more fair, and just accept the current mediocre system. After all, you'd hate the sort of abuse and exploits people can pull off from Cross-Server pvp. Or a better matchmaking system.

Really.

Just look at all of the reasons how they can be abused.

Lots of reasons.

I love how someone's one experience that in no way can be proven somehow means that it happens all the time. I also saw someone wearing no gear beat two Marauders wearing War Hero gear, and that means the system is fine as it is. True story.

In no way is this complaint ironic.

For that matter, I'm shocked! Shocked to see complaints on a forum!

I know, that's totally what happens all the time. First they ask for a fair pvp system (bunch of communists), and then the very next thing they'll do is ask for an iWin button.

Other than that, I agree that deserters should be shot on sight IRL. Or banished. Or some equally horrible punishment doled out for screwing the rest of the team over.

I'm amazed this game doesn't have a deserter debuff.

...though I'm actually sort of glad it currently doesn't for now, what with those inconvenient server disconnects.

Someone posted that they have no chance if getting a premade in the Republic side/ harbinger server. So I just wanted to point out a few guilds that are in that side and que daily Covenant, Supertroopers, Goof Troup if you are on the server you know these guys kill it ever time they are on. I have had teams do the rat race in quitting when they see one if there premades.

I will give it to you the Empire side does have more pvp people being one I can say it is probably because we are jerks.

So, the way to fix a blatantly unfair grouping system is to leave it be and not use it? If premades are causing frustration and killing the fun for pugs, should I make a premade as well as to stomp pugs to exacerbate the problem?

If so, then why the hell have we got a solo queue in the game? And don't tell me it is there to allow people to be lambs to be slaughtered by premades. Because it is an intended and fun design to match a pug group of 3 tanks and 5 dps against two carefully balanced, WH premade groups. When will people understand that if a group's composition is determined by a random number, then it goes against any sense of the word *fair* or *balanced* if you allow the other team to have predetermined roles.

It also seems to me that you're drawing false conclusions here, you're saying that if A is true, then B must be true as well. (I know you're smoking, so you must be cheating on me as well.) I don't see how exactly not wanting to improve someone's skills/gear is related to this. Or any of the other things you've listed, they're completely irrelevant.

I think we can all agree that no system is perfect and everything can be abused if you really want it to. But the fact that you can, doesn't mean that most people will. So if we get a toggle premades option and group separation, 1% of the people will synch and queue up together? Jeez, wow, i mean it must completely negate the fact that 99% of people would use the system as intended.

As for whining about other stuff:

DPS mercs/commandos are completely fine for ranked warzones, I mean you see them all the time! No, wait a second....

Bubble stun is awesome! It only takes one click and you can spend more time standing still than ever before. We all like it so much, right? Uh, no we don't.

Getting stunlocked and killed before getting a full resolve bar and watching it trickle down to nothing in the spawn area is insanely fun! The Resolve system in general doesn't have to be addressed at all.

Guess what as long as there are gamebreaking problems like that, people will complain about them. Why? Because it's what the PvP forums are for! There are some ridiculous threads out there, no doubt, but the majority are dealing with real issues, where real players are posting real ideas on how to solve the problems.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I love how premaders continue to justify an unfair system by blaming the victim. If you guys are really that good, why don't I see you in ranked? I only roll in premades because I know soloing is absolutely pointless. I'll be on the same weekly for a month. If I can't find a group I don't bother queuing because the experience won't even be remotely enjoyable. As a side effect, I find myself PvPing less and less as dedicated PvPers know better and leave this game and I have a harder time finding ppl to play with. Is this really how you want the trend to continue? The idiocy of these people is beyond me. I want everyone to have the opportunity to have fun. Not just the elite few. Sorry if that's a crime to the elitists.

No, what is sad is that people can't recognize that ppl queuing solo are at a severe disadvantage when paired against 4 or 8-man pre-made groups. And that, on certain server/faction combinations (Harbinger, Republic), you have virtually NO chance of ever seeing a pre-made on your side.

Seems you have a faction PVP-imbalance problem. A hacky solution is either

- The imp premades roll rep alts or

- reps roll imp for more even same-faction matches