Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

You're like the 2nd person to compare rape to premades. F*ck is wrong with you?

Yeah... gangrape is a bit more graphic of a comparison. That's a little bit messed up.

I was going with the IBJJF bracketing system to illustrate how skill is only one factor when you take Gender/Age/Weight/Rank into account. Meaning that skill matters the most when all else is equal. You even have to weigh in right there minutes before you fight. So you can avoid situations where some dude drops 20 pounds in two days, weighs in, then gets a double IV over night before he competes 2-3 weight classes down.

My point is that the more "Fair" the competition the more "Skill" actually matters. Skill isn't a factor in unfair competitions. Ever see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was bragging how awesome he was at karate? Then at the end of the episode we find out he's in a class full of 5 year olds? Yeah... Premades with bots versus PUG with no bots is like that.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... gangrape is a bit more graphic of a comparison. That's a little bit messed up.

I was going with the IBJJF bracketing system to illustrate how skill is only one factor when you take Gender/Age/Weight/Rank into account. Meaning that skill matters the most when all else is equal. You even have to weigh in right there minutes before you fight. So you can avoid situations where some dude drops 20 pounds in two days, weighs in, then gets a double IV over night before he competes 2-3 weight classes down.

My point is that the more "Fair" the competition the more "Skill" actually matters. Skill isn't a factor in unfair competitions. Ever see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was bragging how awesome he was at karate? Then at the end of the episode we find out he's in a class full of 5 year olds? Yeah... Premades with bots versus PUG with no bots is like that.

How many premades/guilds/players do you know that are using bot's in warzones? I don't know of any. And they also are not restricted too premades.

How many premades/guilds/players do you know that are using bot's in warzones? I don't know of any. And they also are not restricted too premades.

I would be surprised if they are using actual "bots" in the sense that they are completely AFK. But it's really transparent when you have an ability that gets interrupted almost before you even channel it. We all know which abilities respect the GCD and which ones don't. We all know which abilities need to be channeled, which ones you can cast while moving, etc. Again, this is really really basic stuff from a problem solving and coding perspective.

In business we look for root causes. Not, how do we fix the problem but how do we fix what's actually causing the problem. In this case the problem is that EA isn't adding any actual content. So people grind out their un-ranked gear. Then they grind out their ranked gear. Then what? Now you have this part of the population with all of this gear and experience and ability with nothing to do. Some of them probably enjoy competitive matches but we all know that some of them like to go and harass the PUGS. This isn't a secret.

It's like Halloween at SIU-C. In the 1980's Halloweens at SIU-C were crazy. The police were overrun more than a few times. The National Guard was called up more than once. So they flat out canceled Halloween for a number of years. They actually sent the entire student population home for "Fall Break". Like Spring Break but over Halloween. Like, the dorms would actually close and they would tell you to go home. So in the early nineties they decided they were going to have Halloween. However they had a plan to avoid all of the chaos. Their plan was to close all of the bars and send everyone home at 10pm. So what happened? Well at 10pm you had over 10,000 drunk college students pour out of the bars on Southern Illinois Avenue with nowhere to go and nothing to do. Yeah, cars were flipped over. All of the parking meters were smashed. Businesses were looted. People ended up in the hospital. The National Guard came in and tear gassed everyone to the stone ages.

Same thing here. A bunch of kids (probably drunk as well LOL) with shiny new gear and nothing to do with it.

Hyperbole aside, the analogy is correct.

I mean, the notion of playing poker with a stacked deck has already been used by someone else recently and saluted, by you in fact, so I don't see why you'd quibble over the meat of the matter which is the unfair advantage and notion that solo queueing players and PUG groups are usually cannon fodder for premades unless they too decide to gang up with a crew of ringers and try to do the same thing that's being done to them.

We can liken it to a flash mob then that shows up and steamrolls a 7/11 or a store at the mall. They outnumber the people there and they act with some sort of coordination and they don't care at all for the impact on anyone else.

You can liken it a well trained college or professional level athletic team donning street clothes and obliterating a group of amateurs in a pickup game.

There are many comparisons, all of which would be fine and all of which make the point we are trying to get across. Don't quibble over the word choice, just think of it however you think of an unfair confrontation in which someone gets defeated due to an imbalance in the fight to begin with. These matches, many of them, are essentially over before they begin. You can tell others reach the same conclusion when your teammates complain in chat about it and then rage quit.

Yeah no, I'm sorry but if you compare anything in a video game too gang ****** someone I automatically assume you're a *********** ******* and I will treat you as such.

Well lets see...

I guess I am just a bad players to get beat in so many warzones? Hrm....

Also undergeared? Really? Why do people still use this term?

What logic? That bad players get beat by good players? Or that premades win 100% of their games and always faced under geared and uncoordinated pugs?

So you contradict yourself, you make baseless accusations, and you resort to cussing. Well done. :rolleyes:

Edited by Brimmer

Again, NOBODY believes this. Like I mean nobody believes it. Even the other people trying to make other people believe it don't believe it.

I could care less if I lose. I could care less if I'm the worst PvP player in the world. Nobody has an issue with that. The issue is when you have team after team after team of "Allies" with 4 kills each and then team after team after team of "Enemies" with 40 kills each.

Everyone knows you're going into the PUG Q with a premade team. Everyone knows that your cheating. Everyone knows that this has nothing to do with skill. Nobody believes otherwise.

http://www.twitch.tv/therealatro/c/2570267

Video evidence of me beating a premade with a PUG. "No one believes it". If you can't supply any supporting evidence, then please don't insult me by calling me a liar. I will provide as much proof as needed.

Well lets see...

So you contradict yourself, you make baseless accusations, and you restore to cussing. Well done. :rolleyes:

How am I contradicting myself and making baseless accusations? You just quoted something in the other thread you started. There is no gear gap anymore but if you go back in this thread, say 6 months you'll probably see a gear gap brought up several times by people wanting premades removed from the normal queue. And I resort...resort to cussing but mainly due to the fact that I cannot handle someone bent out of shape because they keep losing in this game and make a comparison to rape (which has happened a few times in this thread).

Edited by cycao

How am I contradicting myself and making baseless accusations? You just quoted something in the other thread you started. There is no gear gap anymore but if you go back in this thread, say 6 months you'll probably see a gear gap brought up several times by people wanting premades removed from the normal queue. And I resort...resort to cussing but mainly due to the fact that I cannot handle someone bent out of shape because they keep losing in this game and make a comparison to rape (which has happened a few times in this thread).

LMAO, I remember when that guy did that

http://www.twitch.tv/therealatro/c/2570267

Video evidence of me beating a premade with a PUG. "No one believes it". If you can't supply any supporting evidence, then please don't insult me by calling me a liar. I will provide as much proof as needed.

I also have videos of Renato Tavares who is 5'2" 140lbs and over 40 years old consistently submitting people half his age and twice his size. Does that mean we should do away with age and weight divisions in MMA and BJJ and Boxing and Judo?

RENATO TAVARES

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/renato-tavares

Edited by Anzel

[/color]

I didn't start the thread.

If you can't handle free speech the internet is the wrong place for you.

Well that's just simple stereotyping.

my bad thought you started that other thread.

and why did you just highlight my previous qoutes typically when someone asks a how or why they expect an answer or rebuttal.

and free speech is fine doesn't make you right in giving the example.

It's also not stereotyping. That would be that all African Americans like grape soda or that all Asians cant drive but are good with math. saying someone is an idiot for making that kind of comparison to which I imply he's an idiot or moron or ******* is stating my opinion.

It's also not stereotyping. That would be that all African Americans like grape soda or that all Asians cant drive but are good with math. saying someone is an idiot for making that kind of comparison to which I imply he's an idiot or moron or ******* is stating my opinion.

Have you ever taken math beyond Differential Calculus? I mean come on...

I also have videos of Renato Tavares who is 5'2" 140lbs and over 40 years old consistently submitting people half his age and twice his size. Does that mean we should do away with age and weight divisions in MMA and BJJ and Boxing and Judo?

RENATO TAVARES

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/renato-tavares

What a torturous analogy. 5'2 140 is like 5'10 180. By your logic he should only fight clones of himself.

I would be surprised if they are using actual "bots" in the sense that they are completely AFK. But it's really transparent when you have an ability that gets interrupted almost before you even channel it.

Transparent for what? Fast reaction? Anticipation? Luck because you were chain casting and he wanted to interrupt the last cast but got the next one instead?

We all know which abilities respect the GCD and which ones don't. We all know which abilities need to be channeled, which ones you can cast while moving, etc.

I'm not sure you do. Again, video or even combat logs please.

my bad thought you started that other thread.

and why did you just highlight my previous qoutes typically when someone asks a how or why they expect an answer or rebuttal.

and free speech is fine doesn't make you right in giving the example.

Regardless of your childish mockery, I have no reason to do anything other than pull up your past statements, since you are your own worst enemy.

Pulling up another one of your statements....

There is no gear gap anymore but if you go back in this thread, say 6 months you'll probably see a gear gap brought up several times by people wanting premades removed from the normal queue. And I resort...resort to cussing but mainly due to the fact that I cannot handle someone bent out of shape because they keep losing in this game and make a comparison to rape (which has happened a few times in this thread).

So if a few people say and do a certain thing, and another person agrees with that person you categorize them as being the same?

What a torturous analogy. 5'2 140 is like 5'10 180. By your logic he should only fight clones of himself.

Ummmm he's 5'2" 140 something. I've seen him at many a competition. He consistently ranks in the top 10 even though he is over 40 and outweighed by 50 to (sometimes) 100 pounds.

By my logic he should fight people who are his gender, age, weight, rank. This isn't really that hard. There are dozens of competitions every year. IBJJF, KOZEN, NAGA, etc. Nobody is expected to fight clones, they are just bracketed fairly. Not sure why that's a bigger deal here than IRL LOL.

Regardless of your childish mockery, I have no reason to do anything other than pull up your past statements, since you are your own worst enemy.

Pulling up another one of your statements....

So if a few people say and do a certain thing, and another person agrees with that person you categorize them as being the same?

How am I my own worst enemy? Whatever that quote you posted was from someone doing the "fixed" on something too which (and could be wrong it has been deleted by a mod) saying something like I'm bad and yadda yadda yadda group up, yadda yadda stomp pugs, yadda yadda gear gap. The gear gap beng something I had previously mentioned a few times in the past few days in various posts in a completely satirical manner since there is basically no gear gap anymore.

and

ster·e·o·type

ˈsterēəˌtīp,ˈsti(ə)r-/Submit

noun

a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

So I wasn't stereotyping anyone as you had previously implied.

And simply put yes, I would place people based off of actions and opinions as well as how they chose to convey them.

I'll await you re-pasting that same quote with another section highlighted but with a different color.

Transparent for what? Fast reaction? Anticipation? Luck because you were chain casting and he wanted to interrupt the last cast but got the next one instead?

I'm not sure you do. Again, video or even combat logs please.

I think you're confused. This isn't a debate. People are cheating. Period.

I'll await you re-pasting that same quote with another section highlighted but with a different color.

All you're doing is proving my statements. You sound as silly as Anakin thinking that the world is black and white.

"Grrrr! If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Just because somebody agrees with a statement someone makes, doesn't mean you can simply categorize them as being a clone of them. It's called individuality, people are rarely the same. So categorizing them makes you sound like a tool.

I think I'm just going to add you to ignore. You're wasting my time.

Edited by Brimmer

All you're doing is proving my statements. You sound as silly as Anakin thinking that the world is black and white.

"Grrrr! If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Just because somebody agrees with a statement someone makes, doesn't mean you can simply categorize them as being a clone of them. It's called individuality, people are rarely the same. So categorizing them makes you sound like a tool.

I think I'm just going to add you to ignore. You're wasting my time.

I thought you were talking about that clown who compared premades and getting stomped to being raped and myself saying it's been made a comparison a few times since that part was highlighted.

Hang on, lemme fetch my big clown red nose and enormous shoes.

The analogy only keeps being brought up because there are some similarities. Those conquered have no real chance to fight off their attackers because they went into it planning on having an unfair advantage in order to exploit that differential.

Edited by Jarvus

Hang on, lemme fetch my big clown red nose and enormous shoes.

The analogy only keeps being brought up because there are some similarities. Those conquered have no real chance to fight off their attackers because they went into it planning on having an unfair advantage in order to exploit that differential.

Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.