Monoth

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

Premades are destroying an endgame PvP.

Bioware does nothing about that.

Bioware doesn't even seem to give a damn.

I am a resident of RP/PvE server. I am getting premades in 5/7 unranked pops if i queue solo. Not so long ago, i queued for ranked while hunting for stat datacrons. No pop for 3.5 hours.

It is more than obvious: today, people are NOT looking for challenge.

They are just grinding commendations.

Normally, premade team has a target caller with everybody else keybinded to take the focus target's target when he (focus target = target caller) calls out for that. Tanks are swapping guard and healers are ready to top off whoever starts to go down.

With such pattern, playing nice only means that you will be destroyed first, and in notime. Playing stupid means that you will be destroyed in notime, but just a bit later.

And with frags flowing, their commendations are flowing.

Two most common advices are: get better (1) or go premade by yourself (2).

To get better, people need experience. When they are being focused down in notime, they are (logically) not getting experience.

To go premade, people need to be interested. To become interested, you need to feel the taste. To feel the taste, you need to go premade.

I think that going Premade vs Premade is the most interesting thing this game can ever bring to the player. Especially if that is, at least, 8v8. Because it is very dinamic, intense, exciting.

But you will not go premade if you hate PvP. And you do hate PvP when you are getting stomped by an op premades over and over and over. Which is why i am telling that PvP is broken.

How

can a PUG team sabotage

so comfortable,

so pleasurable (for premades :rak_03:),

so profitable

commendation safari?

There is only ~1~ way, both quick and effective.

If every PUG will leave this WZ,

WZ will COLLAPSE.

Fast win, but MUCH less comms for premades.

The only problem with a solution like that is to make everybody act this way when PUGs meet a Premades.

Also, there is always a situation when one PUG is better than another. And for the sake of getting fun and experience, we do not want to mistake a better PUG team for premades, of course.

And again, when PUG goes against premades, the PUG will always suck. Unless the premade is totally, awfully horrible. You have absolutely no chance to put the decent premade down as a PuG. All you can really do there is to let them fragfeast on your A/B body part.

When leaving, you will be told stuff about your, let's say, "Thy Strength of Spirit". :rak_01: Of course, premades do not want you to leave. They want you to stay so they can grind comms on your A/B bodypart.

When somebody else is telling you that, they guy obviously doesn't know the actual situation.

In both cases, there is no reason to listen this sht.

And done.

This is not about to give up.

This is about expressing protest

against douchebags who simply want to:

grind comms ez on US

against Bioware that ignores us.

Do not forget to turn on your sarcasm detector to understand the political agitation shape of this message correctly: as a joke.

And i am also curious if Bioware will pay enough attention at least to remove a message like that. Because it seems that they either don't know about this thread at all, or like this thread is, somehow, totally out of their "jurisdiction"...

Edited by AngelFive
mistyped

It doesn't take very long to get your full obroan set so what's your point? You can farm comms before lvl 55 on top of that. It would be great if they could remove the cap on comms since you can "dodge" it by buying/refunding pvp weapons though. But for those who prefer waiting at lvl 55 to farm comms, they can be competitive with ilvl 156 gear, like I said in my previous post. There's always Guild wars 2 if you hate grinding for your gear. Good premades (and players) in SWTOR usually win because they are good, not because they have better gear, BRO.

You <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> The point.

Not sure how I can better explain that what I posted wasn't even a about gear grind and was specifically prefaced by me saying it wasn't even part of this topic.

But off you go on a tirade about how gear is easy, etc. I'm just gonna stop, because you are unable to.

Good luck, and remember... take deep breaths.

Edited by SammuelSK

You <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> The point.

Not sure how I can better explain that what I posted wasn't even a about gear grind and was specifically prefaced by me saying it wasn't even part of this topic.

But off you go on a tirade about how gear is easy, etc. I'm just gonna stop, because you are unable to.

Good luck, and remember... take deep breaths.

I got what you meant but you don't understood mine. I can't help you there. Not only your point has no relevance with the topic (like you said) but it also has no relevance with SWTOR. Because I explain in details why your point is moot doesn't mean I didn't get it. You may want to reread your post or do you want me to quote it for you?

Edited by Darkshadz

That is a quick fix for the underlying problem. The pvp mechanics, gear and team building method are broken.

Lets put a team with no healers. Lets not let you build a pug team that is at least able to fill out a competive team. Lets give new players a 20% gap in statistics from the player with augmented wh and pit them against each other. Lets put a team whose collective rank is 16000 against a team who has 5 unranked players and 3 rank 1000 players.

Its a broken game that puts you in situations you cannot win 99% of the time with a mechanic that lets you get stuck in one spot until you die.

Not much has changed. Ranked matching is bad. It is setup with to steep a penalty to enter into competitive PVP and is preventing growth of PVP guilds and teams. The gear grind issue for pvp is just plain dumb. I don't understand why PVP gear is so expensive in time to acquire. I understand gating pve with gear. Its the entire point of replayability. I have this stupid gearing rules and non-transferable items. Make it easier to gear for PVP. You'll never keep it active if it takes so much effort to gear 1 toon. Especially with F2P. You want these folks to PVP or not? Its not very fun to play a wz when I roll my ALT with no pvp gear in because I have to trade all the comm's to gear my main. I roll in with 6 ungeared alts to grind comm's so my main can have armor. I cannot even get basic gear with expertise. I can get basic pve gear in like 4 hours of game time that is at least usable in story mode operations. In PVP its straight retarded how long it takes to gear 1 player in straight Oberon gear. Let alone the next teir. Then you have the cost to augment that gear. Its a fun game to pvp in. Its to bad no one wants to participate even in F2P mode since its way to costly in time and effort to enjoy.

• 8 months later...
i read somewhere that the "matchmaking" does try to match premade vs premade, but gives cross-faction a higher priority, ie it matches cross faction pug vs premade before same faction premade vs premade. If that is true they should really change that as it would help without hurting anyone.

Also, a question on cross server queues, would that be worldwide? Don't you think there'd be lag issues? If it's continental only, or even east / west coast sepparated i'm not sure if it's the ultimate solution it's made out to be here...

hello darkness my old friend...

this is the only thread on the internet where i have been active for several years :-)

I check forums maybe once every 2 weeks these days. perhaps less.

I stay subscribed to this thread for LOLs.

The whiners do have a point -- getting stomped 4+ times in a row is not enjoyable for them. This is not surprising.

When I played in chess tournaments years ago, they did not pair 1200 rated players with 2000 rated players for obvious reasons -- they don't want those 1200 n00bs (and even terribads) to quit playing. If you want a vibrant community you need to make a welcoming space for n00bs and bads.

Other than urging the complainers to form 4-man premades and get in voice there is probably not much left to do. For various reasons BW feels they can not improve match making (e.g. player pool too small to slice further).

So, folks who are getting stomped by premades -- get in voice and form 4-man premades. You will still get stomped but not quite so often. And when you do get stomped, you can stop taking the WZ seriously and joke with your buddies in chat. Really, everything goes better with voice chat.

Maybe someday BW will add challenge matches, then bad premades can make their own match with another known bad premade and they can have a fun competive match. Ha, who am I kidding ... BW add a quality of life change to PvP? "Nevermore" quoth the raven.

Premades teams are a legitimate part of this game.

With a bunch of good players, any team could win some time ago.

Problem is, that now healers are overpowered, so mixed groups dont usually have a chance anymore.

Edited by leonlotus

With a bunch of good players, any team could win some time ago.

Problem is, that now healers are overpowered, so mixed groups dont usually have a chance anymore.

Maybe people should put out more deeps instead?

Fortunately so is leaving the warzone every time you run into them. :)

1) Quesh Ball? Lets just pre-quit this terrible warzone.

2) Backfill? Life is too short - insta-quit.

3) Behind 2-0 in HB within a few minutes of play because the other team is either a premade, or your own team is utterly terrible? Quit.

4) Getting obviously stomped by a premade with no chance of turning the tides? Quit.

3) Behind 2-0 in HB within a few minutes of play because the other team is either a premade, or your own team is utterly terrible? Quit.

4) Getting obviously stomped by a premade with no chance of turning the tides? Quit.

youre never going to get laid with that attitude :)

What? I resub and within a week this stupid thread gets necro'd? :rak_02:

*giggles* sorry man, can't help it . . . these days we get by with a smile:D

Welcome back by the way . . .

Edited by t-darko

Let me be clear with you: I am SOLO player. And the main reason i play this game, is because i love its PvP.

So yes, i am very frustrated too. Arenas now are more boring than it ever was, for any solo.

The reason is that before, it was not uncommon for solos, to break a premade team. You just had to enter with some good players at your side. And skill could make a difference against those who only counted on formation. So, i laughed many times against premades.

NOW its not the same. And the problem is the new BALANCE. After 3.1 the entire game became heavily PvE oriented. Thats ruinning PvP, because its making some formations NOW, almost invincible, for a mixed party to go against.

So, dont loose your time. BW wont do a thing agaist a bunch o friends going together in an MMO. But you could add your voice to another cause: the class BALANCE problem.

Edited by leonlotus

Replying to LeonLotus who dropped the latest comment on here, I posted a Thread about Pub PVP on the Harbinger Server being completely farmed now the last two weeks and wondering what has changed. I am a solo PVP player with a full 174 set and have managed to win against pre-mades with good players on our side. But now even that has not been happening. I also have a strong suspicion that Sorcs (the counterpart to Sages, which I play) are not correctly mirrored in that, Sorcs seem to do more DPS than Sages. I look at the Scoreboard at the end of each match and Sorcs do more damage than me. I am also seeing the big DPS classes on the Empire side dominating the top half of the scoreboard with the Republic being in the bottom half. The farming of pubs the last two weeks has been annoying as hell and I don't know why the losses are now so often and so lopsided.

Replying to LeonLotus who dropped the latest comment on here, I posted a Thread about Pub PVP on the Harbinger Server being completely farmed now the last two weeks and wondering what has changed. I am a solo PVP player with a full 174 set and have managed to win against pre-mades with good players on our side. But now even that has not been happening. I also have a strong suspicion that Sorcs (the counterpart to Sages, which I play) are not correctly mirrored in that, Sorcs seem to do more DPS than Sages. I look at the Scoreboard at the end of each match and Sorcs do more damage than me. I am also seeing the big DPS classes on the Empire side dominating the top half of the scoreboard with the Republic being in the bottom half. The farming of pubs the last two weeks has been annoying as hell and I don't know why the losses are now so often and so lopsided.

Honestly I havent notice a difference between sage and sorc and I play both. Might be the path and/or utility choices however. Are you seeing the same names in wz's that you saw 3 weeks ago? Remember with 12x going on you may end up with a lot of new faces coming in.

Why are you posting again about the same thing... Everyone who reads the forums and is interested, probably already read your thread... We all gave feed back as too why it is happening... What more do you want?

Edited by Icykill_