Resilience issues

TheBigGregski

Shadow complaining about their iwin button being bugged,

It's definitely not an "Iwin" button. Yes it's really convenient, but we are only immune to force/tech attacks, and we still can be snared/rooted, hacked into pieces by warriors, pierced by auto fire and HIB, etc.

And yes, it's bugged so we are complaining. As we should.

I will open another ticket maybe this time someone from BW notices. In any case, resilience is broken at the moment on the shadow/assassin and NOT working as intended. We are getting pushed/pulled/stunned and even knocked back while having this skill on. I just finished a wz where I had three stacks of harnessed, i used resilience with telekinetic throw, the sorc used force wave, and knocked me back. :eek:.Could it be that when we use the skill and glow accordingly its effects do not apply in some cases? Edited by Leafy_Bug

This is a known issue and has been in the game for as long as I can remember. 1.3 totally broke the talent and its not gotten much better if at all since 1.4. Basically bioware messed the netcode up when they tried to resolve the issue of teleporting stunned players. The result produced a plethora of side issue including the shroud bug. Don't expect it to ever be fixed. Once Bioware changes something they NEVER revert said changes.

Hey this is a random guess as to the cause of your problems, but here goes.

Could it be possible that on the occasions where you have been cc'd while Resilience was up, you were being cc'd by a target who had over 100% accuracy?

The tooltip says your resistance chance is increased by 100%

(http://www.torhead.com/ability/dEsVsc4/resilience)

The swtor character sheet says that accuracy over 100% reduces a targets resistance.

http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual/how-to-play/character-sheet

Is it possible you are ending up with a net of 95% resistance for example, and just getting unlucky?

I have limited experience with your class, but its just a thought I had.

NOT the topic. Please troll somewhere else.

Not everyone is a troll.

As for people asking whether abilities are tech/force or not, just take a look - both at the ability description and the colour of the fly-text.

The accuracy issues is not a viable explanation because people have had it over 100 % for months. In 1.2 i was never pulled in the fire by anyone and stunned in it with resilience on.As the previous poster said, the skill has been messed up so badly in 1.3 that more and more people notice. I have a guildie who reported a jugg smash go through it :eek:. He said that a jugg leaps to him on novare coast, my guildie used resilience, jugg smashed with 4 stacks of singularity 5k on my guildie while his shadow was glowing gold.

Now smash is a force attack and you can make it have over 9000 crit with 100000 accuracy, resilience, when working, allows you to take no damage from it. So to summarize, resilience has failed to work in the following situations :

1. Pulled by mercs and assassins in the fire.

2. Force pushed away by juggs and guardians.

3. Stunned by mercs, inquisitors and scoundrels.

4. Knocked back by overload.

5. Jugg Smash / Force Sweep goes through it.

No, Grapple is not any kind of attack. It has no type at all. Yes, resilience stops it, but Force Shroud will not, as Grapple is neither a Force nor Tech attack.

Regarding Grapple if I look at TORHead, I read this : SpellType=>Tech.

My BH isn't lvl 22 yet so I can't verify it in game yet.

Edited by Altheran

No, Grapple is not any kind of attack. It has no type at all. Yes, resilience stops it, but Force Shroud will not, as Grapple is neither a Force nor Tech attack.

Umm, they are the same thing. Resilience: the Shadow version of Force Shroud. Both makes you immune to Grapple/Harpoon in theory.

Hey this is a random guess as to the cause of your problems, but here goes.

Could it be possible that on the occasions where you have been cc'd while Resilience was up, you were being cc'd by a target who had over 100% accuracy?

The tooltip says your resistance chance is increased by 100%

(http://www.torhead.com/ability/dEsVsc4/resilience)

The swtor character sheet says that accuracy over 100% reduces a targets resistance.

http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual/how-to-play/character-sheet

Is it possible you are ending up with a net of 95% resistance for example, and just getting unlucky?

I have limited experience with your class, but its just a thought I had.

I've thought about it, but no, i'm absolutely certain accuracy is not the issue. The last toon to stun me during resilience was a min/maxed healer scoundrel, and they DON'T have any accu on their gear :p

Plus, this issue happens also in PvE. And i'm talking about worker trash mobs in HM EC !!

I've thought about it, but no, i'm absolutely certain accuracy is not the issue. The last toon to stun me during resilience was a min/maxed healer scoundrel, and they DON'T have any accu on their gear :p

Plus, this issue happens also in PvE. And i'm talking about worker trash mobs in HM EC !!

I've been playing my shadow quite a bit, and I have yet to encounter this problem. Mind providing a video showing Resilience not working when it should?

Resilience doesn't buff defense rating or dodge so it isn't checked against accuracy. All force/tech attacks land but they are resisted. There is even a fly text that says resisted. But, I'm willing to concede that a nab developer made that mistake when developing 1.4 and now we get the erratic behavior from resilience/force shroud. Also It happened to me to be force pushed while resilience was active but I don't have a video to show you :p. Edited by LenrocNewDawn

I've been playing my shadow quite a bit, and I have yet to encounter this problem. Mind providing a video showing Resilience not working when it should?

http://www.twitch.tv/rogean/b/334667910

2:40 The knockback I understand could have gone through due to latency to the server, but the spike happened while I was glowing gold, and should not have gone through. (Spike is a force attack, Resilience regularly blocks it but it got through due to the bug).

6:35 Knocked back by Sniper's Cover Pulse, well after resilience was activated.

http://www.twitch.tv/rogean/b/334689192

6:19:25 Spiked clearly during Resilience

6:40:40 Cover Pulse during Resilience again. It's close to the end of the buff, however server latency should only affect the beginning.. the server sends out updates about buffs and abilities in systematic order, so if their cover pulse went off after resilience, the server would have told me resilience wore off before I got hit with the KB.

Edited by Rogean

http://www.twitch.tv/rogean/b/334667910

2:40 The knockback I understand could have gone through due to latency to the server, but the spike happened while I was glowing gold, and should not have gone through. (Spike is a force attack, Resilience regularly blocks it but it got through due to the bug).

6:35 Knocked back by Sniper's Cover Pulse, well after resilience was activated.

http://www.twitch.tv/rogean/b/334689192

6:19:25 Spiked clearly during Resilience

6:40:40 Cover Pulse during Resilience again. It's close to the end of the buff, however server latency should only affect the beginning.. the server sends out updates about buffs and abilities in systematic order, so if their cover pulse went off after resilience, the server would have told me resilience wore off before I got hit with the KB.

Are you sure it wasn't the other sniper's channel knockback? The single target one that knocks you back if you get too close. The others are definitely times where Resilience should've worked. You've sended a ticket and submitted these two videos right?

Are you sure it wasn't the other sniper's channel knockback?

They could have been talented into the Ambush knockback, I see that now. It's hard to hear if he did activate Cover Pulse at that time. Ambush is weapons damage so it would go through resilience.

So even scratching that one off the list, there's still plenty of other examples.

Resilience doesn't buff defense rating or dodge so it isn't checked against accuracy. All force/tech attacks land but they are resisted. There is even a fly text that says resisted. But, I'm willing to concede that a nab developer made that mistake when developing 1.4 and now we get the erratic behavior from resilience/force shroud. Also It happened to me to be force pushed while resilience was active but I don't have a video to show you :p.

100% puts yours at 100%, ACCURACY still is in effect, A sorc with 120% accuracy still has a chance to hit you. It's working fine as intended. Resist chance is normally 0 so has no effect. Buffs that increase resist chance still allow accuracy to take effect, it's rare but happens. I've always been able to *very rarely* hurt a shadow with a force attack with resilience up. The chance is so damn low since you don't normally have accuracy on a Sorc that you don't notice.

Edited by Lithy

100% puts yours at 100%, ACCURACY still is in effect, A sorc with 120% accuracy still has a chance to hit you. It's working fine as intended.

Except there are already confirmed cases of it happening by attackers that do not have any accuracy on their gear, so this is not the case.

Except there are already confirmed cases of it happening by attackers that do not have any accuracy on their gear, so this is not the case.

Some classes like guardians can get accuracy from talents, this may be the case.

Edited by Lithy

100% puts yours at 100%, ACCURACY still is in effect, A sorc with 120% accuracy still has a chance to hit you. It's working fine as intended. Resist chance is normally 0 so has no effect. Buffs that increase resist chance still allow accuracy to take effect, it's rare but happens. I've always been able to *very rarely* hurt a shadow with a force attack with resilience up. The chance is so damn low since you don't normally have accuracy on a Sorc that you don't notice.

OK, from the begining. It doesn't matter if you have your accuracy at 200%. Your hits will hit/land fine but they should be resisted. As I said before accuracy isn't checked against resilience. What is checked against it is the attack type and since attack types can't be expressed in procents ( an attack is or it is not a force/tech attack) 100% resistence means no attack of that type should be producing effects. Hope I made myself clear now.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn