My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

Here we are again.

Thats because it is supposed to be prohibitive!!

Driz

Why, explain why this is needed.

Explain why its healthy for a mmo community; to have people not willing to heal or tank, because they don't want to be locked into that roll forever.

Explain why its healthy for my friendships with guildies, to not be able to play with them. All because I can't afford to meet a requirement for group play when its needed.

Explain how my willingness to be flexible and able to play multiple rolls hurts your game play experience.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people are so anti-dual spec. Unless they can give a valid reason why it affects them on an individual level, I honestly think they are just making a big stink to quash everyone else's right to choose...

You're worse than those anti-abortion republicans, in that your beliefs aren't even germane to anything other than your smug sense of superiority.

This isn't about 'the individual level' but the game as a whole. It affects everyone. In an mmorpg there is no real 'individual' level. Dual spec is pure and simple laziness. Just not wanting to make a new character or to level a bit slower as healer, pure and simple laziness. Which is what people have come to expect from games, everything being easy that is. This because of that stupid WoW game that caters IMMENSELY to the lazy and 'casual' people. Well guess what? This isn't WoW, and WoW as a whole is a bad example anyway. Sure it has good features, but a lot of them aren't needed in the slightest and only make things more easy than needed.

If you want an easy game like that, then go play WoW.

The only reason for dual spec you have come up with is essentially it makes your life easier...you can have access to the full spectrum of your AC without having to work for it.

I dont consider that a valid reason as your personal wants are outweighed by the negative affect that dual spec would have on the community in general.

Driz

What negative effect?

How is freedom of choice a bad thing?

Edited by carnac_fett

Nah it really only takes 20 minutes and anyone decent can be passable at it right from the start since you already had most of the abilities anyway. It's just a talent spec, not a new class.

Don't blame or penalize me for your complete lack of skill.

youre way off on this. i guess you never tanked...in WoW or in ToR

Yeah man I'm just SWIMMING in credits. So for a night of endgame I have to spec heals, 35k. end of the night respeccing back so I can quest, it goes up to lets say 36k.

Hey man lets run a few flash points a day later. 38k

Next day want to quest and pvp 40k to go back to dps.

If I had to spend that amount in wow for my average activities for a week, I'd be at roughly 300k-500k "credits" just for a week of playing.

Are you kidding me? It goes like 35k -> 50k -> 125k. That's how it goes. It reaches 35k after you respec your character like hmmm... 4 times. Or something like that. I heaven't checked what's after the 50k level (actually it's 56.000 credits), as I'm not sure my 150.000 will be enough to respec back to my old tree.

Regards,

Kalantris

PLAY IT like your stupid and got forever to live.

PLAY IT HARDCORE!

spend 300hours for 1st char then 100hours just so you can have exact copy of a 2nd one(100hours mean skipping all video etc)

You endup with a commando-healer and a commando-dps

you spend 400hours while only 300hours was necessary with a system to switch spec.

100hours is still a hardcore solution, force you to manage different friend list etc

but hey, thats how hardcore player does it, and it represent 99.9% of the community and im the 0.01% i am bound to be wrong

You do realize that 400 hours is 16.6 days right?

A couple of weeks levelling and you are all set with both spec....

Two weeks too much effort for you? Really?

I think MMORPGs are not the game for you :)

Driz

The only reason for dual spec you have come up with is essentially it makes your life easier...you can have access to the full spectrum of your AC without having to work for it.

Another reason is that it is economically feasible. Also, some talents are blatantly PvP oriented. They serve no purpose in PvE, and to select them is a waste of points. I prefer PvP over PvE, but I must PvE for raids and endgame, etc. So you're telling me I should have to select one or the other...or pay a premium every time I want to PvP... or roll another exact same character to have on standby for PvP. lol.

I dont consider that a valid reason as your personal wants are outweighed by the negative affect that dual spec would have on the community in general.

These massive blow-backs, please...? Humor me.

Explain why its healthy for a mmo community; to have people not willing to heal or tank, because they don't want to be locked into that roll forever.

Explain why its healthy for my friendships with guildies, to not be able to play with them. All because I can't afford to meet a requirement for group play when its needed.

Explain how my willingness to be flexible and able to play multiple rolls hurts your game play experience.

what he said.

especially this : Explain why its healthy for my friendships with guildies, to not be able to play with them. All because I can't afford to meet a requirement for group play when its needed.

All i would have to tell them is... hey guys wait for me, ill be back in 100hours to heal ya since i got a healing tree but i cant change it now so i can join you 3.

Are you kidding me? It goes like 35k -> 50k -> 125k. That's how it goes. It reaches 35k after you respec your character like hmmm... 4 times. Or something like that. I heaven't checked what's after the 50k level (actually it's 56.000 credits), as I'm not sure my 150.000 will be enough to respec back to my old tree.

Regards,

Kalantris

I had no idea how much it jumps up, I was just saying it as an example.

Yea, I'm starting to dislike some parts of this community already. WITHOUT dual spec.

Willingness to be flexible? Don't kid yourself. You just want it so you can level/quest/etc as dps and not have to bother with actually devoting to being a healer or a tank. You want to be able to have it easy in both solo and flashpoints.

You can't afford to meet a requirement for group play with your friends? Well you should have discussed whom would pick what role before hand then, instead of just going in blindly.

Driz

I am looking at your join date and confused by your ignorance on this topic.

It has been stated several times on these boards by BW developers that Dual-Spec is a feature they (BW) want to implement soon after launch as a result of player feedback during beta testing.

Edited by G-Seven

Willingness to be flexible? Don't kid yourself. You just want it so you can level/quest/etc as dps and not have to bother with actually devoting to being a healer or a tank. You want to be able to have it easy in both solo and flashpoints.

You can't afford to meet a requirement for group play with your friends? Well you should have discussed whom would pick what role before hand then, instead of just going in blindly.

QFE...

They dont like it when you point it out but the emboldened part is the truth of the matter imo.

I think self entitlement is the phrase I am looking for :)

Driz

I am looking at your join date and confused by your ignorance on this topic.

It has been stated several times on these boards by BW developers that Dual-Spec is a feature they (BW) want to implement soon after launch as a result of player feedback during beta testing.

I'm looking at your post and confused by your ignorance to the fact that he just wants to make himself feel like an uber warrior who doesn't need that extra boost that everyone else wants so he can tell himself that he is better then them. ;)

Driz

I would think you're a troll, but maybe you're just an ex-SWG player. You might be stuck in a Orwellian paradigm where "fun" equals "not fun". Grinding 100+ hours of the story you've already played through is not fun. Not being able to respec because of prohibitive costs is not fun. Wake up and smell the rotten corpse of an MMO you have wasted years of your life on, and move on to a brighter world. Dual-spec is an easy way to keep the game fresh and entertaining, and you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Edited by Aesthym

Dual spec'ing just shows the limitations and failures of an MMO; groups are not regular. When you want to play, your buddies are off doing something else. When you try to join a PUG they all want healers or tanks. Seriously... who wants to join a PUG and spend all night dying because one guys is drunk, another is twelve (or acts it), and the last is AFK most of the time?

The next best thing is trying to solo, but if you have spent your time trying to be the best *group* resource, then soloing may be incredibly difficult. And if you spend your time being self sufficient so you can solo effectively, then finding a group probably won't be easy as you aren't specialized as a healer or tank.

That isn't to say that healers or tanks can't solo, especially at lower levels, but it comes down to efficiency. And to provide a challenge to the majority there are only two scenarios; solo content geared toward self sufficient DPSrs, and group content that requires a tank and healer.

I'm still waiting for some other idea to pop up, but this seems to be the state of the tech today. It is still fun though, but you have to chose your role and be comfy with playing alts when your chosen role isn't available. It works.

Pretty BS in my opinion Healers are not very common. You think you'd want to do more to promote playing healers, not limiting it. Next time I get the chance to get the credits and respec i am never going to ever heal again until they give me some sort of dual spec.

Remember what happened when this point was made in wow? Talent trees stopped existing, just be happy.