My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

Woah woah so respeccing between talent trees is going too far now? I understand not being able to switch between advance classes, but saying you can't switch between talent trees is ridiculous. The people who are saying "roll a different character" are beyond stupid. I agree that it should be expensive to respec, but to prohibit it all together is absurd.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing about this game is hardcore, (not that I want to be). When you die you have to wait a few seconds to res in place with no penalty. Why people would want a hardcore [anti-]respec system in a game like this is beyond me.

Could you really even tell if someone else respecced 5 times or 500 times by playing with or against them? Hmm they seem oddly effective.. they must be a RESPECCER!

Completely absurd.

i will say i am amazed at the fact you need to respec that often and my advice is MAKE UP YOUR MIND

when you play a character and you have a certain play style go with it EXCLAMATION POINT PERIOD

healers play really well in the game for leveling.. DPS i have seen can do well <i am not so good at it as i am used to healing and have done so since EQ1 before any XPACs) and tank players have told me they have no issues

if you have to wait for a healer you will have to wait i guess or you could be the healer and then make an alt for other things and classes.

duel spec was only a recent addition and though i can prove it hurt WoW it sure didn't help retain subs.

rift build idea was flawed since there were only a few classes <i can't remember how many as for some reason the trauma of it has wiped it from memory> but you could have all souls and multiple builds so you have one character of each class IF you can stomach the repeat of the same content again (and i mean all content if you stay in the same faction)

LOTRO is that way...Look how great that game is going.:rolleyes:

...you don't spend real money for respec in that game. In fact its impossible to spend real money to win. Actually look at what the hybrid f2p system they use actually is first :p (and its doing pretty well, actually)

Yes because if i plan it out right my bounty hunter will be soooo good at healing and dpsing at the same time. There aren't different talent trees to be good at a certain thing, its there so you can be kinda good at one and kinda good at another. And yes if i want to tank and heal for my bounty hunter i should be required the tedious action of re-leveling the same class through the same class content to tank with a bounty hunter.

Yes lets introduce no dual specing and go back to do the days of vanilla wow and not adjust to the innovations that have been introduced and expanded upon in that mmo and others to elimate the tedious action of releveling the same class over and over if you truly want to experience that class or spend an extra amount of time getting a large amount of credits to respec.

The ui in this game needs improvement. They already said working on it plus its not a game breaker for me. Content seems fun with flashpoints. Operations sound fun and warzones are fun. I already have a level 10 jedi and a level 10 bounty hunter and will level them up to 50 and probably do a smuggler too but if they keep it so i have to level up a bh or jedi or smug again to play a different advance class after getting to 50 and wanting to do different things with the same class than that is horrible and if you dont think so than obviously you dont want to do different things or you enjoy tedious mechanics to extend your subscription time. When really content should extend subsciption time not tedious mechanics.

Edited by Arzhanin
Quoted removed content

Woah woah so respeccing between talent trees is going too far now? I understand not being able to switch between advance classes, but saying you can't switch between talent trees is ridiculous. The people who are saying "roll a different character" are beyond stupid. I agree that it should be expensive to respec, but to prohibit it all together is absurd.

i agree sometimes you have o respec but the OP is quoting a VERY large cost which means he is flip flopping every couple of seconds it seems.

also IF they change a class/build they need to gove a free respc to "fix" anything that maybe not as useful anymore or if something else is more useful

Advanced Class is to SWTOR as Spec is to WoW.

How do so few people see this? ACs for each class have more in common with each other than not, sharing at least 50% of the same abilities and the same exact storyline to top it off. I'm not saying this is bad or anything, but it should be noted that respeccing in this game is already much less of a drastic shift of role than in most others. Hard to take dual spec haters seriously.

so all this talk about dual specs and respecs and the comparisons to WoW's dual spec systems ect ect I didnt see anyone mention this.

My main is a gunslinger...that's my class. so *IF* I get to dual spec....I get to dps/dps? cause last I checked....there is no heals in the gunslinger trees....I get to have dps boosts to my sharpshooter, or with saboteur, or with dirty fighting...doesn't seem reasonable to me. and if I respec a dozen times, just to see whats a better dps route, either with throwables, or with pistols....honestly, its half a dozen of one, 6 of another.

Now I can get behind reduced costs say if I screw up, and put a point on a skill, that in retrospect if I had used only 1 point, instead of 3...I could have an increase in over all damage by putting those 2 points elsewhere....yea I would love that it doesn't cost my left nut to pay for changing 2 points in a tree.

My suggestion....instead of a reset....make it a buy back...if I only want to reset 3 points, to move somewhere else....charge me for those three points...not all 50...(assuming i was resetting a full tree).....

As for dual spec....

1) like is stated above....dual spec doesn't work for all classes

2) I hated carrying 2-3 full sets of gear in WoW so I could heal instances, and Tank/Dps quests...I would hate to do it here too.....

3) I pay to play Star Wars: the Old Republic....not WoW with blasters and starships. Just cause WoW has a dual class/spec system....doesnt mean EVERY MMO should. every MMO should be its own game.

Just my 2 cents....

They're insulting talent trees becuase in Pandaria they're getting rid of them, and going with a system that's even more simplified, so of course they'd claim it was old.

Actually the talent system is just plain old. It was old when Blizz borrowed it, and it's gotten older still the 7 years they used it, tried in vain to balance, and make it have compelling game play choices.

Since you seem defensive, you should be asking yourself to what does this old system add to game play?

so all this talk about dual specs and respecs and the comparisons to WoW's dual spec systems ect ect I didnt see anyone mention this.

My main is a gunslinger...that's my class. so *IF* I get to dual spec....I get to dps/dps? cause last I checked....there is no heals in the gunslinger trees....I get to have dps boosts to my sharpshooter, or with saboteur, or with dirty fighting...doesn't seem reasonable to me. and if I respec a dozen times, just to see whats a better dps route, either with throwables, or with pistols....honestly, its half a dozen of one, 6 of another.

Now I can get behind reduced costs say if I screw up, and put a point on a skill, that in retrospect if I had used only 1 point, instead of 3...I could have an increase in over all damage by putting those 2 points elsewhere....yea I would love that it doesn't cost my left nut to pay for changing 2 points in a tree.

My suggestion....instead of a reset....make it a buy back...if I only want to reset 3 points, to move somewhere else....charge me for those three points...not all 50...(assuming i was resetting a full tree).....

As for dual spec....

1) like is stated above....dual spec doesn't work for all classes

2) I hated carrying 2-3 full sets of gear in WoW so I could heal instances, and Tank/Dps quests...I would hate to do it here too.....

3) I pay to play Star Wars: the Old Republic....not WoW with blasters and starships. Just cause WoW has a dual class/spec system....doesnt mean EVERY MMO should. every MMO should be its own game.

Just my 2 cents....

Easy. One spec with pvp utility abilities, one without. :D Hell, I ran a hunter in wow that was two different pve dps specs because they played differently.

Yes because if i plan it out right my bounty hunter will be soooo good at healing and dpsing at the same time. There aren't different talent trees to be good at a certain thing, its there so you can be kinda good at one and kinda good at another. And yes if i want to tank and heal for my bounty hunter i should be required the tedious action of re-leveling the same class through the same class content to tank with a bounty hunter.

Yes lets introduce no dual specing and go back to do the days of vanilla wow and not adjust to the innovations that have been introduced and expanded upon in that mmo and others to elimate the tedious action of releveling the same class over and over if you truly want to experience that class or spend an extra amount of time getting a large amount of credits to respec.

The ui in this game needs improvement. They already said working on it plus its not a game breaker for me. Content seems fun with flashpoints. Operations sound fun and warzones are fun. I already have a level 10 jedi and a level 10 bounty hunter and will level them up to 50 and probably do a smuggler too but if they keep it so i have to level up a bh or jedi or smug again to play a different advance class after getting to 50 and wanting to do different things with the same class than that is horrible and if you dont think so than obviously you dont want to do different things or you enjoy tedious mechanics to extend your subscription time. When really content should extend subsciption time not tedious mechanics.

FYI duel spec came out in wrath of the lich kink and the was were the game steadly declined

not saying it was all because of JUST duel specs but this added to the issues making leveling a new character unnecessary (i started a NEW character after cataclysm and think i could could on one hand the number of players met in vanilla WoW after only a month of play due to no need to make another character)

without other players the game is an offline game for grinding and you should have to pay a monthly ..

Advanced Class is to SWTOR as Spec is to WoW.

How do so few people see this? ACs for each class have more in common with each other than not, sharing at least 50% of the same abilities and the same exact storyline to top it off. I'm not saying this is bad or anything, but it should be noted that respeccing in this game is already much less of a drastic shift of role than in most others. Hard to take dual spec haters seriously.

actually advance spec is almost like setting you class as before this you have VERY general powers then suddenly you find your destiny.

if you allow duel spec you can't have them rechoosing advanced class as well as that just get silly.

Respec costs are fine. Create another character. That's why there are multiple characters slots.

Respec costs are fine for those who don't respec. Respec costs are simply retarded for those who must use them constantly."Reroll another character" is not a solution, it's an inconvenience and a flaw in game design.

Just give us dual speccing already. Everything the people who asked for dual speccing warned about already came to pass in less than a week, what more bloody proof is needed?

Actually the talent system is just plain old. It was old when Blizz borrowed it, and it's gotten older still the 7 years they used it, tried in vain to balance, and make it have compelling game play choices.

Since you seem defensive, you should be asking yourself to what does this old system add to game play?

I wasn't being defensive, just stating why Blizzard is all of a sudden talking badly about talent trees.

I shouldn't have said "old", because yes, the system is old. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad or invalid. Questing is old, xp is old, hotkey combat is old, ect...

The RPG genre itself is old as dirt.

I just don't think Blizzard's word on this subject should be taken with high regard.

Edited by Jaku

My god you're right! Every time I want to change two skill points I should reroll! Who cares if I've already invested 48 hours into my character! Just roll a new one! Play a Story Based MMO again so I can see if 5% more endurance works better that 4% more crit rate!

YAH!

Well said.

Hey all,

We've had to go through and clean up a few posts in this thread.

As a gentle reminder, while we understand you may feel strongly about something and disagree with others while doing so, please be constructive in your criticisms. Rude comments and insults are not allowed.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

actually advance spec is almost like setting you class as before this you have VERY general powers then suddenly you find your destiny.

if you allow duel spec you can't have them rechoosing advanced class as well as that just get silly.

Going from general to specific. Got it. Kind of like this other game called WoW where the same choice happens at level 10, but afterwards you have freedom to explore the rest of the base class.

Yeah, apples and oranges.

The flaws of the Holy Trinity once again rear their ugly head

Outdated annoying system.

Games like Champions Online and EVE broke the trinity mold, and respecs (in CO's case) and multiple specs (in EVE's case) still exist and are the way to go.

This doesn't have anything to do with a trinity system.

Going from general to specific. Got it. Kind of like this other game called WoW where the same choice happens at level 10, but afterwards you have freedom to explore the rest of the base class.

Yeah, apples and oranges.

Eh, not really. Yes you share a tree, armor type, and base abilities, but there can be just as much diversity in an AC as there is in one WoW class.

Sure, there isn't a AC in TOR that can do all three roles, like a Druid or Paladin, but I think that's the way Bioware intended it to be.