Did I hear this right?

Uluain

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here we go this was a while ago so it may have changed and it is not official but it is close

Thank you. I do think though, That those who want SGRA do want more then "I think?" But thank you I had not seen that.

Edited by Taorus

Just say NO to SGR. This game has way too many issues to even consider something as worthless and silly as SGR.

same as space combat is worthless and class story is worthless and a new warzone is worthless and a new companion is worthless and new pets are worthless and new flashpoints are worthless and don't even let me get started on how worthless a new operation is...

gawd, it's all so WORTHLESS, all everyone wants is ... sitting in chairs. and don't forget chat bubbles!

no wait, it's way more important to fix all these game breaking bugs. bioware is losing subscribers left and right because of laggy huttball!

:rolleyes:

The thing is, with confirmation that Makeb is a paid mini-expansion, I for one hope SGRAs are NOT part of that - having to pay extra for SGRA is a bad (and frankly insulting) idea on so many levels.

Hopefully Bioware Austin will actually come out and tell us something now we now Makeb won't be free - for the sake of that reputation of inclusiveness Bioware Canada has deservedly won. It would be a shame for the company as a whole to lose that respect if 'pay-for-gay' is, in fact, their intention.

Just say NO to SGR. This game has way too many issues to even consider something as worthless and silly as SGR.

With out merit to you and certain others, it may be. But to many others it's a component long promised and core to enhancing their enjoyment of the game. The kicker is you don't have to follow those particular plot lines, so it should have no impact on your game play. Unless you feel sullied by the inclusion of SGR content?:eek: But that speaks more to your proclivities than anything else.

Yes. Because they should only put in content you want.:rolleyes:

No. But they shouldn't waste time on something that a small group, yet very vocal group, wants to be added. They need to fix the issues they have now, then they need to add content that really matters.

Same can be said for you. I have absolutely no problem with SGR but it should be the absolutely last thing on their list to get done.

The devs are not only working to add content that you alone like. Every once in a while there will be something add that makes no difference to you but does to others. Like for me when TFB was added I don't do end game PvE at all so that update was pretty much worthless to me but it made other players happy. I don't really care if SGR's are in the game but other people want them so I say go for it.

With out merit to you and certain others, it may be. But to many others it's a component long promised and core to enhancing their enjoyment of the game. The kicker is you don't have to follow those particular plot lines, so it should have no impact on your game play. Unless you feel sullied by the inclusion of SGR content?:eek: But that speaks more to your proclivities than anything else.

You are reading waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much into this and making wild assumptions about people you don't know over the internet.

Many of us already own the same games that you own, which already have SGR in them such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Sims. That argument that supposedly "speaks more to our proclivities" about us opposing SGRs in SW:TOR is pretty much shot down (not that it will stop you from using that rhetoric).

We just don't want SGR in SW:TOR. But by all means, continue making assumptions all you want about people with a different view and opinion.

The devs are not only working to add content that you alone like. Every once in a while there will be something add that makes no difference to you but does to others. Like for me when TFB was added I don't do end game PvE at all so that update was pretty much worthless to me but it made other players happy. I don't really care if SGR's are in the game but other people want them so I say go for it.

Yea because SGRs and adding a new endgame raid is completely comparable. Its not even close. The fact of the matter is that very very few people actually make a big deal about there being no SGR. Lets get things done like fixing bugs and adding new content in general before we spend hours of coding just to have the exact same romance lines said to our same gender character.

Also, SWTOR: Pay for Gay 2013. Should be their campaign slogan like the guy said before lol

Same can be said for you. I have absolutely no problem with SGR but it should be the absolutely last thing on their list to get done.

What's funny. I have no interest in SGRA. I just want to see that content....any content is not excluded. I just want to see BioWare stick to a promise that was made....No matter how big or small the focus group is.

Having gone through the "relationships" companion quests on quite a few characters, I laugh every time I see a thread like this. I laugh because they make such a huge deal out of so little and I also laugh because due to these cutscenes being so short and far between, it would likely take Bioware a weekend to add them in.

But yeah... seriously, comparing this to content like a WZ, where people get countless hours of enjoyment is silly. 5 minutes of kissing is not the same as an Op that you'll play for hours on end.

The fact of the matter is that very very few people actually make a big deal about there being no SGR.

Yeah no one cares about it that is why there is a 4100+ post thread over in the story and lore section about adding it to the game. Seems there is no interest in it whatsoever you are right. Again just because it is content you don't care for doesn't mean it is worthless content.

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

Yea because SGRs and adding a new endgame raid is completely comparable. Its not even close. The fact of the matter is that very very few people actually make a big deal about there being no SGR. Lets get things done like fixing bugs and adding new content in general before we spend hours of coding just to have the exact same romance lines said to our same gender character.

Also, SWTOR: Pay for Gay 2013. Should be their campaign slogan like the guy said before lol

Almost willing to bet. That the crowd that does "Endgame Content" and the crowd that wants SGRA is about the same size.

Yeah no one cares about it that is why there is a 4100+ post thread over in the story and lore section about adding it to the game. Seems there is no interest in it whatsoever you are right. Again just because it is content you don't care for doesn't mean it is worthless content.

Uh, it's the same 10-20 people....... 10-20 in a game that houses hundreds of thousands...

Almost willing to bet. That the crowd that does "Endgame Content" and the crowd that wants SGRA is about the same size.

I call BS and ask that you prove it. And again, "Endgame Content" = hours and hours of play. SGR = less than 1 hour across all 8 classes.... these two things are in no way equal.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Threads like this one are really pretty useless. There's like 10 people who want SGRAs, 20 who are neutral and the usual three suspects against them.

Just put them in, done. Content was promised long time ago and the naysayers can either stop crying finally or unsub and leave (unlikely, since it's their only pawn and they're never gonna do it for such a silly reason anyway).

So, I hope Makeb will bring some release here for the SGRA peeps like me. Surely looking forward to some content that will finally reinspire my initial love for the game.

Take my money, Bioware, pretty please. Deal? :rolleyes:

But yeah... seriously, comparing this to content like a WZ, where people get countless hours of enjoyment is silly. 5 minutes of kissing is not the same as an Op that you'll play for hours on end.

Thing is, I don't freaking care about WZs. You go play your content and I'm gonna play mine. And if you think SGRAs are about virtual kissing, you've clearly spent too much time on the internets, but never in the relevant sections.

Edited by Lent_San

Uh, it's the same 10-20 people....... 10-20 in a game that houses hundreds of thousands...

You need to get your eyes checked at any rate for any 1 person on the forum wanting something added there are countless more that didn't post that want the same thing no matter what the content is. Also it isn't like SGR is taking up all there dev time. If it is part of Makeb it is a very small piece of a much bigger content release so please stop pushing back on other players enjoyment. As said before the game doesn't revolve around you.

Thing is, I don't freaking care about WZs. You go play your content and I'm gonna play mine. And if you think SGRAs are about virtual kissing, you've clearly spent too much time on the internets, but never in the relevant sections.

Who cares what you want? Who cares what I want? That's not the point. The point is, you try to rank SGR up there with a WZ or Op, which is ludicrous. Your content is 5 minutes per character, it's solo only and it's also not repeatable. Can you say the same thing about a WZ? This would be like me saying that I want a ship droid story line and then posting each week about how the ship droid story line needs to be added ASAP and that it's just as important as them making new content that will appeal to a much, MUCH broader audience.

Also, regardless of what you think, SGRA (and all other relationships) in THIS game is only about a virtual kiss or two. There is absolutely NOTHING more to it. Having a relationship means that you'll get a few additional conversations with that companion and it leads to either a kiss or a blacked out screen. If you're going to argue for this to be added, you should at least research a little with what you're missing out on, because you seem to be clueless.

And if you're referring to something more personal, well, this IS just a video game. Not intended to be taken too seriously.

Edited by Galbatorrix

All that isn't worthless as it is HUGE content that affects everyone -- or at least a large majority of the player-base. SGR is not near that scale of content. SGR is a complete, ignorant, waste of time and resources. They shouldn't try to appease such a small, yet vocal, group of folks.

You are getting your apples mixed up with my oranges.

You mean like hood toggles or chat bubbles. It's worthless feature that shouldn't be bothered with. Except I don't care if they make it, because there are lots of different people; not everything is built for me. Just like not everything is built for you.

Just in my defence. The last time the topic was mentioned according to the search function was back in July. I'd say it was a fair topic to make.

Second, my opinion on the matter is irrelevant. A man speaking on behalf of the whole TOR team (since he was the leader of it back in March) promised the fans they'd add them before the end of 2012. Especially if you make those promises to try and stop people from cancelling their subscriptions you should keep them. They said at an official guild summit they were committed to adding those, thus, they should deliver on that. Otherwise it could well be considered false advertising.

Who cares what you want? Who cares what I want? That's not the point. The point is, you try to rank SGR up there with a WZ or Op, which is ludicrous. Your content is 5 minutes per character, it's solo only and it's also not repeatable. Can you say the same thing about a WZ? This would be like me saying that I want a ship droid story line and then posting each week about how the ship droid story line needs to be added ASAP and that it's just as important as them making new content that will appeal to a much, MUCH broader audience.

Also, regardless of what you thing, SGRA in THIS game is only about a virtual kiss or two. There is absolutely NOTHING more to it. Having a relationship means that you'll get a few additional conversations with that companion and it leads to either a kiss or a blacked out screen. If you're going to argue for this to be added, you should at least research a little with what you're missing out on, because you seem to be clueless.

And if you're referring to something more personal, well, this IS just a video game. Not intended to be taken too seriously.

So in the last four months.

New Op - http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.4.0/terror-beyond

New Warzone - http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.0/ancient-hypergate

Why can't these people get what they want?