Did I hear this right?

Uluain

Who cares what you want? Who cares what I want? That's not the point. The point is, you try to rank SGR up there with a WZ or Op, which is ludicrous. Your content is 5 minutes per character, it's solo only and it's also not repeatable. Can you say the same thing about a WZ? This would be like me saying that I want a ship droid story line and then posting each week about how the ship droid story line needs to be added ASAP and that it's just as important as them making new content that will appeal to a much, MUCH broader audience.

Also, regardless of what you think, SGRA (and all other relationships) in THIS game is only about a virtual kiss or two. There is absolutely NOTHING more to it. Having a relationship means that you'll get a few additional conversations with that companion and it leads to either a kiss or a blacked out screen. If you're going to argue for this to be added, you should at least research a little with what you're missing out on, because you seem to be clueless.

And if you're referring to something more personal, well, this IS just a video game. Not intended to be taken too seriously.

You do realize that Bioware has cultivated that audience with their past games and has a good reputation for including romances, including LGBT ones. It's part of the reason that Bioware is so well loved, they created a niche that no one knew existed.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in my defence. The last time the topic was mentioned according to the search function was back in July. I'd say it was a fair topic to make.

Second, my opinion on the matter is irrelevant. A man speaking on behalf of the whole TOR team (since he was the leader of it back in March) promised the fans they'd add them before the end of 2012. Especially if you make those promises to try and stop people from cancelling their subscriptions you should keep them. They said at an official guild summit they were committed to adding those, thus, they should deliver on that. Otherwise it could well be considered false advertising.

Makeb was supposed to be here in 2012 too. Some times, things don't work out the way they wish they did.

I really don't see SGRA's being implemented. Their abundance of silence speaks volumes.

Which is pathetic considering Bioware's past history. I'm starting to think it's just an issue of Bioware Austin; Bioware Edmonton continues to include LGBT romances treated equally to the other romances. This may be because they have the influence of David Gaider, an excellent writer.

You do realize that Bioware has cultivated that audience with their past games and has a good reputation for including romances, including LGBT ones. It's part of the reason that Bioware is so well loved, they created a niche that no one knew existed.

And with that said, Bioware already stated that SGR were coming. So, you will get what you want eventually. Is that good enough? Apparently not. Bioware's past and their word for the future was not good enough to stop SGR players from contacting LGBT activists groups in an attempt to strong arm Bioware into giving them an ETA.... again, ludicrous....

Which again, doesn't and SHOULDN'T matter what so ever to a gaming company's attempt at making new content for a broad audience. Do YOU get it?

You have no idea what that BROAD audience consists of. You're claiming you're part of the majority demographic but don't have any proof for that, since I'm sure they're not handing you any of their fanbase analysis data.

You're simply making assumptions based on your personal preferences. That's kind of non-scientific, you should know.

So, way back in the spring we were promised that we were getting same gender romance arcs in 2012 still. With barely 13 days left in the year it seems like this is a promise they aren't keeping.

Add that to a rather HUGE list of things they promised to deliver yet failed.

Also, that would be the most useless thing to spend resources on, given how simplistic those romances really are. It's like a couple of voiced over lines and a couple of emails. And that's it. Simply, it's not worth their time.

You have no idea what that BROAD audience consists of. You're claiming you're part of the majority demographic but don't have any proof for that, since I'm sure they're not handing you any of their fanbase analysis data.

You're simply making assumptions based on your personal preferences. That's kind of non-scientific, you should know.

Go log in and ask in gen chat which are more important. SGR or new WZ/FPs/Ops. Let me know how that turns out.

Which is pathetic considering Bioware's past history. I'm starting to think it's just an issue of Bioware Austin; Bioware Edmonton continues to include LGBT romances treated equally to the other romances. This may be because they have the influence of David Gaider, an excellent writer.

The big issue I think wrt SGRA in this game and the silence is the voice budget probably hurts their ability to do it in the interim/short-term, it may need to be attached to a largely item to be fiscally viable, especially with the title having the perception of not performing as well as anticipated. Now, there is a very good question as to why it was left off with the initial game, I suspect it may have been not wanting a repeat of the 'Mass Effect' media 'scandal'.

Add that to a rather HUGE list of things they promised to deliver yet failed.

Also, that would be the most useless thing to spend resources on, given how simplistic those romances really are. It's like a couple of voiced over lines and a couple of emails. And that's it. Simply, it's not worth their time.

You its kinda funny/sad. I support you and your desire for AMD Crossfire support, same way I support these folks and the desire for SGRA's. Issue's are only small to those not asking about them.

I guess demographic analysis doesn't ring a bell? It's a marketing tool, simple as that. And I'm sure if SGRs are so unwanted and boring for that BROAD audience (as you claim), there isn't really any point in including them in any BW game.... oh, wait.

Show me the study that states adding SGR to those games directly correlated to improved sales over the previous versions. I'll wait.....

I don't honestly care if they add SGR to the game. I seriously don't. But the lengths you people go on the forums is ridiculous. Heck, I don't do WZs either as I hate PVP, but I'm more than willing to admit that working on that content for the thousands who do is more important than me getting ship droid conversations. I'll also never contact a ship droid activist group about my wants. I promise.

I don't honestly care if they add SGR to the game. I seriously don't. But the lengths you people go on the forums is ridiculous.

It's ridiculous if people keep posting negative stuff to threads on topics they claim they don't care about.

You don't see me doing that.

I'm not into spoiling other people's fun and have no interest in claiming their wishes are invalid.

Why would I do that?

It's ridiculous if people keep posting negative stuff to threads on topics they claim they don't care about.

You don't see me doing that.

I'm not into spoiling other people's fun and have no interest in claiming their wishes are invalid.

Why would I do that?

I agree, I don't care about crossfire AMD problems. I won't post on those topics to say "I don't care", even if it's true. I understand your problem, and agree you need to find a solution, even if I don't care at all, since I don't have any crossfire.

That's called "respect" and "tolerance". You should try it someday.

I agree, I don't care about crossfire AMD problems. I won't post on those topics to say "I don't care", even if it's true. I understand your problem, and agree you need to find a solution, even if I don't care at all, since I don't have any crossfire.

That's called "respect" and "tolerance". You should try it someday.

There is a slight difference between something that WAS working before, and now is not, a.k.a a rather serious BUG, crippling rather high end rigs and a discussion as to which content / additions to the game should be prioritized.

You need to get your eyes checked at any rate for any 1 person on the forum wanting something added there are countless more that didn't post that want the same thing no matter what the content is. Also it isn't like SGR is taking up all there dev time. If it is part of Makeb it is a very small piece of a much bigger content release so please stop pushing back on other players enjoyment. As said before the game doesn't revolve around you.

Thank you for such a kind post. And I agree, I do not PvP very often but am happy for my guildies who do that they got Ancient Hypergate which they enjoy. Different people want different things, as always.

This, to me, would qualify as expansion worthy (as previous statements indicate this will be new companions, not just redone lines from old ones), and I would pre-order it and stop complaining about false promises (as they delivered a true expansion, not just a content update renamed).

Edit: Okay, merging a topic about the new 'expansion' into a mildly related topic is completely inappropriate, mods!

Edited by Prettyevilish

Agreed.

I want SGRs I also want those outfits that were in the promos but not in game. :( as well as more FPs and WZs. Wanting one thing does NOT stop you from wanting others.

The black Vendetta gear q.q

It'd also be nice to have more engaging Operations mechanics wise, particularly from a healer's point of view (and not The Game That Shall Not Be Named's "come, heal this dragon a bit" crap). Actual puzzles, perhaps?

And yeah, whatever PvP'ers want as well.