Playing healer is fun because...

heechJunzi

i love playing tank because when i have a dps that keeps charging forth and pulling mobs and gets me killed, i vote to kick him and i tell my team they can find another tank if they dont vote to kick.

they always vote to kick.

ive only had to do this twice.

Playing a healer is fun because people know better than to make their healer mad at them or you'll let them die.

If the healer thinks he is going to teach me the tank a lesson by not healing me I'm going to just vanish and let the healer die. One of the perks being an assassin tank.

If the healer thinks he is going to teach me the tank a lesson by not healing me I'm going to just vanish and let the healer die. One of the perks being an assassin tank.

I've let tanks die because they talked how great they were at tanking, yet couldn't hold agro on more than one or two mobs at a time and then complained that it was my fault I got agro when they never bothered to hit more than one or two mobs, nor used their agro gaining skills. Next set of mobs. I just watched them die w/o tossing a single heal on them.

A tank that won't tank isn't worth wasting my time with.

*edit* admittedly this is a rare occurrence. I've only had to do that twice in this game, though I did it plenty of times in EQ 1.

Edited by Saitada

So, most people in this thread play healer(tank) to feel better/more important than other roles, and think it gives them mandate to act like holes? Oh my...

Funny, no?

And the most fun part is they would be doing nothing without dps...so yeah, EVERY role is as much important so no reason to be an ***.

So, most people in this thread play healer(tank) to feel better/more important than other roles, and think it gives them mandate to act like holes? Oh my...

no. its about respect. i was literally in a FP last night, and we had a dps pulling the mobs, rushing ahead, i asked him politely to not do it any more. then we get to a point where i ask everyone to wait for the pat, he rushed in anyway and i ended up dying.

so i voted to kick.

my team mates i guess didnt think it was a big deal so i said, you know what? you guys can find another tank to run this **** fest.

they quickly saw the light of day and kicked that other player.

its about respect. and when a dps is getting the tank killed when having had already been asked to be courteous, then its him or me, and trust me, its gonna be him.

i think we can all agree.

no. its about respect. i was literally in a FP last night, and we had a dps pulling the mobs, rushing ahead, i asked him politely to not do it any more. then we get to a point where i ask everyone to wait for the pat, he rushed in anyway and i ended up dying.

so i voted to kick.

my team mates i guess didnt think it was a big deal so i said, you know what? you guys can find another tank to run this **** fest.

they quickly saw the light of day and kicked that other player.

its about respect. and when a dps is getting the tank killed when having had already been asked to be courteous, then its him or me, and trust me, its gonna be him.

i think we can all agree.

id let you go since he/she (dps) maybe mentally challenged but imposing your will on the group sucks. kaliyo wont whine and will do just fine.

Edited by vojinsa

id let you go since he/she (dps) maybe mentally challenged but imposing your will on the group sucks. kaliyo wont whine and will do just fine.

this guy. . .

so you would rather have a dps running amuck causing anarchy in a flashpoint over the assumption that he/she may or may not be mentally challenged and thus, "they cant help it?" just so you can prove a point to the tank that "you dont need em anyway?"

grow up.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a healer is fun because...

I've been playing a healer for so long I either start experimenting or playing epic for cinematic purposes, all while topping up my team. If I forget about someone, they'll complain because they're so used to being topped up. Then I go "Shut up and look at you health bar! Your fine!" as I heal them from low to full in a matter of seconds.

It's all about the experience, play for fun :)

As an awesome healer I simply put an ultimatum whenever I see some dps dribbler with 15k hp in LI HM - "kick Mr. Recruit Gear or I leave, your choice". Works everytime in my favour ^^ I can pretty much troll everyone, pull whole packs (however, I do heal everything that creeps & crawls, I'm just being aggressive), and turn tanks into my servants. Being healer is awesome, I approve of the holiness of the trinity system ... never rerolling a dps ... ever :rak_03:

Not that awesome if you can't make up for the recruit geared dpses share of dps as a healer. Why should you bother though? :rak_02:

..i can "train" idiot DPS from going in first by waiting to heal them. tanks go in first...the getmost of tne healing. if a dps strike out too mjch on his own.....he's on his own.

Since me and my friend have 2-maned all the HM FP's except LI on a pair of sentinals (got to Project Savrak, just didnt' have enough time that night to get the perfect alignment of smokestack burns cause we totally were rockin' him on the ground phases), I'm ussually prepared to go out "on my own" from time to time... If I think it'll be funny to anhilate half a dozen mobs while waiting for a tank to put it in gear :).

I have a raid geared healer and tank too, so I know what you mean though. When you're a healer and people sincerely piss you off... accidents... happen :eek:... :D

Since me and my friend have 2-maned all the HM FP's except LI on a pair of sentinals (got to Project Savrak, just didnt' have enough time that night to get the perfect alignment of smokestack burns cause we totally were rockin' him on the ground phases), I'm ussually prepared to go out "on my own" from time to time... If I think it'll be funny to anhilate half a dozen mobs while waiting for a tank to put it in gear :).

I have a raid geared healer and tank too, so I know what you mean though. When you're a healer and people sincerely piss you off... accidents... happen :eek:... :D

The lack of any kind of death penalty whatsoever (minus a few credits) kinda puts a real damper on this though...

yeah, gl having your companion heal your group in a hm. What it really comes down to is who is more expendable and in pretty much 100% of cases it's the dps. Heals and tanks are allowed to be "jerks" because without them you could sit in a long queue while they have already gotten instantly put into a new one while laughing at you.

this guy. . .

so you would rather have a dps running amuck causing anarchy in a flashpoint over the assumption that he/she may or may not be mentally challenged and thus, "they cant help it?" just so you can prove a point to the tank that "you dont need em anyway?"

grow up.

hit a nerve?

yeah, gl having your companion heal your group in a hm. What it really comes down to is who is more expendable and in pretty much 100% of cases it's the dps. Heals and tanks are allowed to be "jerks" because without them you could sit in a long queue while they have already gotten instantly put into a new one while laughing at you.

ill let this pass since you dont have a clue whats going on but ill give you a hint.

the post had kaliyo in it.

im sure you can figure it out.

I've had people practically hurrass me to death on both tanking and healing. Tanks and healers are always the first two to be blamed for a fight gone wrong. DPS jumps in before tank, he complains that you didn't hold agro. Tank takes 3 groups of guys at once, complains you didn't heal. Just today, I was doing a FP where the tank and one of the DPSes died fighting a boss. The other DPS and I fought the guy for 5+ minutes while the DPS just layed there, not reviving. The Tank revived and came back and watched us. Then, the DPS that I killed the guy with complained that I "wasn't healing him." As if he could have survived a boss for 5 minutes by himself. I felt proud of myself.

I would agree with all of those against forced spacebar. Life is short, but it shouldn't be so rushed that you threaten to leave just because somebody is watching the conversations. Learn patients, and get over yourself.

As an awesome healer I simply put an ultimatum whenever I see some dps dribbler with 15k hp in LI HM - "kick Mr. Recruit Gear or I leave, your choice". Works everytime in my favour ^^ I can pretty much troll everyone, pull whole packs (however, I do heal everything that creeps & crawls, I'm just being aggressive), and turn tanks into my servants. Being healer is awesome, I approve of the holiness of the trinity system ... never rerolling a dps ... ever :rak_03:

LMAO!!! That is BRILLIANT!!! You are the master of MMOs my friend and have no equal.

I understand the sentiment of this thread - but healers are not rare in this game, not by a long shot. Being a healer is not a free pass to act like a jerk. And acting like one doesn't encourage bad players to straighten up.

The rarest commondity in this game is players who..

1) realize that the DR destroys most of the performance gains from gear higher than BM & Columi.

2) realize that gear is not dififcult to acquire in this game at all, and good gear a good player does not make.

3) understand how to use their AoE damage without breaking CC.

4) understand how to, and enjoy playing with a team.

5) enjoy playing the game the most when other people are having fun.

6) understand that if the experience isn't fun - there isn't any point to having it, no matter how fast you zerg through it.

All that being said - I do not have a lot of patience for impatient people. And if you have a problem with Healers/Tanks/Dps I highly suggest you roll one yourself. You'll learn something, and become a better player.