Rolling Republic

Whitewalkers

I have a 50 smuggler, trooper and jedi knight, and the jedi knight has the best story IMO. I also find it the most fun to play but that is just my playstyle.

Eeeew....I couldn't stand the Knight story. Not saying you're wrong, it just never hooked me and I didn't find myself ever hanging on 'the story'.

Trooper

I concur. Nothing in this game looks more awesome than a group of Troopers rolling through content. Though, those who are not good enough for Havoc Squad often go on to become very good Smugglers and Jedi. ;)

Edited by TheBBP

Best story in the game is the Imperial Agent.

But in terms of Republic, I've only done Knight and Consular so far. Consular is fun if you nerdgasm over subtle things and feeling like a Jedi. If you're more into action and epic proportions, I heard rave reviews of the trooper story from my guildies when we were all leveling. The Knight is interesting, but I haven't "hung" onto the story and played until 2AM just to see what happens next like I have other classes.

If your going republic well then here is my input.

My sources: I have played every class story to the end.

Jedi Knight: Best republic story hands down. Saving the galaxy is in your hands.

Smuggler: Fun story but not epic, your pretty much a treasure hunter no big twists kinda dull. The only thing the story line has going for it is the fun conversations and choices that all involve [Lie] or [Flirt]

Trooper: Meh boring, same old military tale nothing special. Extremely dull.

Counselor: Yuck just Yuck no need to explain.

If your going for Story and not so much play style I would roll a Jedi Knight/Sentinel for the Republic. Hands down best story and the only EPIC story the Pubs have.

If your going republic well then here is my input.

My sources: I have played every class story to the end.

Jedi Knight: Best republic story hands down. Saving the galaxy is in your hands.

Smuggler: Fun story but not epic, your pretty much a treasure hunter no big twists kinda dull. The only thing the story line has going for it is the fun conversations and choices that all involve [Lie] or [Flirt]

Trooper: Meh boring, same old military tale nothing special. Extremely dull.

If your going for Story and not so much play style I would roll a Jedi Knight/Sentinel for the Republic. Hands down best story and the only EPIC story the Pubs have.

This guy washed out of Havoc Squad training during processing.

This guy washed out of Havoc Squad training during processing.

Lol, don't get me wrong it's a good story if your into military type of stories but if you want star wars epic story then a Jedi knight.

I'm just not into much of the military type of thing, I hate taking orders haha.

I really want to try to put my personality into the toon so I just don't want to make chosses on funny or not . I guess I'm looking for a complex story that make you sit back and think. Thanks for all the post.

If that's the case

Republic: Jedi Knight

Empire: Imperial Agent

I really want to try to put my personality into the toon so I just don't want to make chosses on funny or not . I guess I'm looking for a complex story that make you sit back and think. Thanks for all the post.

I have seen all 4 of the Republic stories, and I can tell you that late in the Trooper story, you have to make a devastating decision on the fate of one of the characters that you meet early on and grow to know. I won't spoil it, but IMHO, in all that I have experienced in the game, no choice that I have had to make was so gut-wrenching. I was stunned with how well it was crafted.

Plus troopers are just awesome ;)

So much this. :)

With the jedi I felt really constrained on some of the choices, you know because of their code of ethics. I realize its not critical or anything, but I always felt like I should be living up to those standards. The smuggler was a lot more fun, but I never could get over

having to share my starship with that Risha(?), or having to participate in her treasure hunt, or what was with that big freaky lizard she had onboard?!

That and the opportunity to use a really big gun as a healer sold me on trooper, at least for now... ;)

Indeed. Yuck. It's all "thinky" and deals with situations that aren't solved by explosions. You can only appreciate the story if you use your brain and its totally out of character for a Consular to work with various groups to resolve problems. Consulars should just kill everyone with fire and bombs, because that is what cool characters do.

[ end heavy sarcasm ]

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the above joke is far too close to the thinking of a lot of people who expressed similar displeasure with the Consular story line.

Just pick one and roll. I found them all to be fun in their own ways. I agree that Consulars suck if you like to just blow things up, the Jedi Knights suck when it comes want to be snide and sarcastic, the Trooper sucks as far as some serious thought provoking issues and the Smuggler really is lacking a bit in grand epic scale department. But they each have their own strengths as well.

Indeed. Yuck. It's all "thinky" and deals with situations that aren't solved by explosions. You can only appreciate the story if you use your brain and its totally out of character for a Consular to work with various groups to resolve problems. Consulars should just kill everyone with fire and bombs, because that is what cool characters do.

[ end heavy sarcasm ]

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the above joke is far too close to the thinking of a lot of people who expressed similar displeasure with the Consular story line.

Honestly when I say yuck just yuck, I mean the depth of the story.

The actions of the story I found more entertaining than blowing stuff up and explosions. It was one of the few force using stories where you are using the force in the story lines (pick up giant boulders, open doors, etc.) which I loved more than blowing something up.

However the depth of the story is what was lacking. It honestly felt like I was playing a sister story of the sith inquisitor. Instead of being a ghost buster I was pulling sickness from peoples minds. It just wasn't thrilling or put you on the edge of your seat if that makes sense.

Honestly when I say yuck just yuck, I mean the depth of the story.

The actions of the story I found more entertaining than blowing stuff up and explosions. It was one of the few force using stories where you are using the force in the story lines (pick up giant boulders, open doors, etc.) which I loved more than blowing something up.

However the depth of the story is what was lacking. It honestly felt like I was playing a sister story of the sith inquisitor. Instead of being a ghost buster I was pulling sickness from peoples minds. It just wasn't thrilling or put you on the edge of your seat if that makes sense.

Just wait until you get into chapter 2, that's when things REALY get good!

The council makes you a Jedi master, then send you on an assignment as a glorified *****kisser (er, diplomat) for the republic to secure trade routes...

actually did the same thing when I created my vanguard. I said to myself- forget light or dark sides just answer how I would genuinely answer this if it were really me in real life under these circumstances. I disabled LS and DS too. Turns out I'm partially evil lol :(

Edited by Black-Cell
Typo

I'm going to turn off LS & DS and just go with how I feel about the situation on the decision that I make. I don't care about end game or PvP or what class is or got nerf. This is just about story and being entertained. So what should I be?

Most epic - Jedi Knight (light)

Most laughable - Smuggler (with some thinking on replies)

All stories in game are entertaining, some even taunt you to try them in 2 or 3 variants - light/dark/gray

But repeating side quests could begin to annoy...