1.4 Nerfing classes for PVP reasons, impacts PVE.../sigh

OrionSol

Did you read the thread or did you not see the bandwagon break down on your way in?

bro you think i read this whole thread? of course *********** not. i read the OP, like ppl are supposed to and expressed my unimportant opinion like everyone else on a forum.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro you think i read this whole thread? of course *********** not. i read the OP, like ppl are supposed to and expressed my unimportant opinion like everyone else on a forum.

But you didn't actually read the patch notes. End game pve hasn't been touched. At all. Like its completely pristine. Buffed even. Mercs/commandoes can now interrupt and sorcs/sages/mercs/commandoes have better survivability.

But you didn't actually read the patch notes. End game pve hasn't been touched. At all. Like its completely pristine. Buffed even. Mercs/commandoes can now interrupt and sorcs/sages/mercs/commandoes have better survivability.

what about the decrease in damage to HIB and ion pulse going from 10m to 4m melee range?

the fact is, **** gets changed around, because of pvp, that would otherwise be perfectly fine.

what about the decrease in damage to HIB and ion pulse going from 10m to 4m melee range?

the fact is, **** gets changed around, because of pvp, that would otherwise be perfectly fine.

Where are you seeing this? Can't seem to find it in the notes.

In terms of vanguards and powertechs, those are melee ACs. Yeah, melee. Not really a big deal pve wise since they already stand in melee range to do damage.

Where are you seeing this? Can't seem to find it in the notes.

In terms of vanguards and powertechs, those are melee ACs. Yeah, melee. Not really a big deal pve wise since they already stand in melee range to do damage.

I'm assuming he's referring to an older change (which obviously broke powertechs/vanguards, right?) and is just using this thread to grind an axe.

Decrease in damage to HiB?

Buddy I just re-read the patch notes from top-to-bottom and there's no mention of that.

That was my point. You had no idea of what was really going on and jump on the OP's bandwagon. Which was broken down before you even posted. Don't be so quick to agree with someone because they QQ.

OP is mad because he can't knockback twice. Instead now he can knockback, stun at 10m, and root a target(not effected by resolve). This is a buff to his class, but he's too quick to fight it because it's a change. He had 3 useable CC's per target instead of two.

If you're not going to at least read the first page, why post when it's on it's third?

Gemin;5119752] I know the Consulars are not going to be happy about the changes to Force Wave regarding PvE. Especially in Ops when they're pulling agro because the Vanguards can't gather enough mobs, etc.

I have a shadow and I rarely use Force Wave when I'm in a fp with my guild members.

So, I want to make sure I understand this correctly... The biggest gripe is that the AoE Knockback now is a cone instead of a 360 degree AoE?...

Seriously? This is the big gripe for PvE? Honestly, stop keyboard turning, use your mouse, rotate mash AoE key, knockback npc.... Why does this seem so complicated? A nerf implies a serious change in functionality.... I dont see how making this an AoE cone is that huge a deal. Come to think of it... Off the top of my head I cant recall any mmo I have played where anyone got a 360 degree AoE knockback until this game... People have managed just fine with using cone knockbacks. The mechanic isn't new. Additionally I would add, for PvE purposes directional knockback should be more important than 360 degree AoE knockback because you can control the direction the NPC's go thus limiting accidental pulls.

As for healing, if your used to getting plowed from the back by NPC's may I purpose facing towards the direction the npc's come from if your incapable of turning and pushing a button? You dont have to be facing someone to heal them... Just saying. Also you could idk... Use an ability that lowers your threat generation in combination with a guard bubble... Logic people.... Really.

Also I didnt read this whole thread but after reading the first couple pages of complaints regarding knockbacks it was hard to take it seriously. My biggest concern that no one seemed to address was the resolve changes... As if we need bigger stun wars... But thats PvP and god knows we shouldnt discuss that in an obvious PvE thread. :rolleyes:

Hi, will you marry me?

But it's not fine for pvp. There are thing I'd like to see for pvp but won't ever happen cos they're not fine for pve. Goes both ways. Deal with it, it's a marriage, that means compromises.

These changes actually got me excited a bit. After moths of being stale, change in itself is good lol.

Sorcs and sages are gonna be op again tho, with the reduced sprint that breaks cc and grants immunity to boot. My guardian dps no likey. :p

Edited by aeterno

So, I want to make sure I understand this correctly... The biggest gripe is that the AoE Knockback now is a cone instead of a 360 degree AoE?...

Seriously? This is the big gripe for PvE? Honestly, stop keyboard turning, use your mouse, rotate mash AoE key, knockback npc.... Why does this seem so complicated? A nerf implies a serious change in functionality.... I dont see how making this an AoE cone is that huge a deal. Come to think of it... Off the top of my head I cant recall any mmo I have played where anyone got a 360 degree AoE knockback until this game... People have managed just fine with using cone knockbacks. The mechanic isn't new. Additionally I would add, for PvE purposes directional knockback should be more important than 360 degree AoE knockback because you can control the direction the NPC's go thus limiting accidental pulls.

As for healing, if your used to getting plowed from the back by NPC's may I purpose facing towards the direction the npc's come from if your incapable of turning and pushing a button? You dont have to be facing someone to heal them... Just saying. Also you could idk... Use an ability that lowers your threat generation in combination with a guard bubble... Logic people.... Really.

Also I didnt read this whole thread but after reading the first couple pages of complaints regarding knockbacks it was hard to take it seriously. My biggest concern that no one seemed to address was the resolve changes... As if we need bigger stun wars... But thats PvP and god knows we shouldnt discuss that in an obvious PvE thread. :rolleyes:

Lag means that 180 turn is now a random number and you might not be facing the right direction. Why should we have to change our playstyle to suit a needless nerf?

That was my point. You had no idea of what was really going on and jump on the OP's bandwagon. Which was broken down before you even posted. Don't be so quick to agree with someone because they QQ.

OP is mad because he can't knockback twice. Instead now he can knockback, stun at 10m, and root a target(not effected by resolve). This is a buff to his class, but he's too quick to fight it because it's a change. He had 3 useable CC's per target instead of two.

If you're not going to at least read the first page, why post when it's on it's third?

Hey twit. Just because someone agrees with my viewpoint on this, doesn't make them a mindless drone.

The fact of the matter is, THESE changes, which are nerfs, are being made to the game... because of the pvp QQers'.

So now, those of us who dont complain about the way game is, because we were fine with it, are getting screwed.

AOE Forcewave to COE forcewave is a huge nerf, both in pve and pvp. NO ONE was asking for it, NO ONE wants it, except a few, crybaby pvpers.

that... and the fact the NUMBER ONE PROBLEM in pvp is never ending CC stuns until you die by Operatives.

Hell, the easiest way to fix this would be to make you more and more immune to damage the more you are CC'd. So, if someone CC's you, you get a temporary buff to reduce incoming damage. The more you are CC'd, the more it stacks.

Then there is no need to go breaking things like Forcewave.

Isn't it interesting how PvP follows natural selection and players apply thought to their environment?

PvP is a team sport and balanced that way, not solo. It's also a tactics activity and it's rock/paper/scissors. Get yourself a stealther buddy to watch your back and stunlock the stunlocker. ;)

FYI what you just said is a pretty big cop out to say the least,but hey you are stealther gotta defend your class right?:rolleyes:

for instance...

"Overload and Force Wave have been redesigned. These abilities now knock back all targets within a 15-meter 120-degree cone in front of you. Furthermore, these abilities now knock back all potential targets instantly; they no longer wait for an animation note at the end of the ability animation."

This is more commonly used by Sages to get those NPC's "off you BACK" not the ones in front of you per sei.

Hell, in pvp, this is used by sages to get Operatives off from CC'ing from behind until you die.

Now? Nerfed.

It is mind blowing why bioware redoing basic skill that is learnt in early game and is vital... unbelievable. So PvP is more important than pve, do i have to remind that this skill is at level 3 trainable?

I think it is time for Bioware to change skills for pvp and pve. There are already some skills that cant be used at all in pvp.

Yes, that would be nice.

PvP is a bad focus for MMOs. PvE should be prioritised.

I find your signature funny with this remark. You should throw "intolerant" up there too.

You guys are fools for thinking these are "PvP" changes. They are also PvE. The Commando interrupt is 80+% PvE. It will certainly help us in PvP, but it's a MUST HAVE for PvE...so much so that guys I group with routinely swap toons just for the interrupt.