Patience wearing thin

Malevous

I've played since beta, and the lack of communication from whatever is left of the development team is making me lose my last shred of faith left that Bioware will turn this game around. End game players are getting bored (even those like me who have tried to squeeze every last drop of content out), alt grinding is not rewarding after two or three identical experiences. Throwing a video out of what all is coming is not good enough. The developers give such general info in their unspecific responses that its laughable. Why in the world can they not patch actual content into the game? Why in the world are we not given any timetables apart from ONE new operation coming next month and maybe ONE new tier of gear. Where are the updates? What is making this game worth staying in? I have been SO patient and I am sorry..but I am thinking more and more that whatever "team" of developers that is actually working on the game nowadays is in way over their heads, has no idea when stuff is coming out, and are just trying to market shiny videos to keep people paying. Level cap..new planet/..blah blah blah say all you want about that but for all i know that could be 9 months away, who has said otherwise? Start talking to us developers. I'll stay, just please start actually communicating and not hiding behind the guise of "i can't be specific".

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the new content that has already been added since launch, and the fact that the pending content is actually being hyped and discussed, you don't get to be impatient yet.

Impatient is when you are told, three months prior to early launch, content originally intended for inclusion would be in, but as post-launch content. Then told very little else except why it was delayed three months after launch, and nothing since.

The rare "sorry guys, nothing new to tell you" we do occasionally receive comes by labyrinthine and oblique ways that do not show on the Developer Tracker. Since the changes with the Development Team since the Guild Summit, not to mention the prospective move to Free To Play, we do not know whether the promised content is still slated for inclusion.

In essence, we are back where we started in terms of what we know, except we know what we were told once upon a time. No one will tell us whether that is still true.

When the sort of content you describe is treated with such apparent disregard, then you can be impatient and frustrated. Instead, be grateful for what you have gotten and are assured of getting both in terms of content and information. You're being treated better than you know.

I've played since beta, and the lack of communication from whatever is left of the development team is making me lose my last shred of faith left that Bioware will turn this game around. End game players are getting bored (even those like me who have tried to squeeze every last drop of content out), alt grinding is not rewarding after two or three identical experiences. Throwing a video out of what all is coming is not good enough. The developers give such general info in their unspecific responses that its laughable. Why in the world can they not patch actual content into the game? Why in the world are we not given any timetables apart from ONE new operation coming next month and maybe ONE new tier of gear. Where are the updates? What is making this game worth staying in? I have been SO patient and I am sorry..but I am thinking more and more that whatever "team" of developers that is actually working on the game nowadays is in way over their heads, has no idea when stuff is coming out, and are just trying to market shiny videos to keep people paying. Level cap..new planet/..blah blah blah say all you want about that but for all i know that could be 9 months away, who has said otherwise? Start talking to us developers. I'll stay, just please start actually communicating and not hiding behind the guise of "i can't be specific".

I know how you feel. I actually like the game, but i have never ever felt so left out on whats going on beyond the developer fortress as i have in this game. I understand that as just a customer we shouldnt be given explicit details on stuff if it is not ready but this time in between patches is just horrid. So far we've only got a short video of what is coming but not as you say in detail or any announced date.

Ive played since december and when 1.2 hit and ranked was delayed, i gave them a chance. When my server was almost reduced to a ghosttown i stayed and tried keeping my guild active grapping as many ppl in as i could.

When ppl burnt on waiting for ranked warzones only getting wh hero piece slowly i also stayed.

When people left for D3 i also stayed.

Now, i have maxed my 3rd char in full gear and a few days back after even more ppl left for GW2, i sat for one minute and re-evaluated if i should make a 4th alt but i just couldn't find the will for it.

I have been loyal as long as i could, but this company has got A LOT to learn on how you keep your customers happy and being so silent or giving us 10 questions each week without any proper juice on them just makes you feel so left behind and basicly just that they dont care if you stay or not.

So i have unsubbed now and i can tell you, the feeling of moving on is good. Its like being in one of those relationships you just know wont work but dont have the strenght to end aswell. But enough is enough now. I am not gonna sit around waiting for any small updates or level just another alt just because that is the only thing to do atm.

Bioware if you ever read this, you have dissapointed me to the heart, you had every possibility to make me stay but the speed of your updates and shutting yourself inside your small little developers world doesn't make ppl feel connected to your game and i for one will not support this with my wallet anymore.

I will be checking out the new moba game called Smite, tried a few games already and i am having loads of fun with a game once again.

So i have unsubbed now and i can tell you, the feeling of moving on is good. Its like being in one of those relationships you just know wont work but dont have the strenght to end aswell. But enough is enough now.

Lol awesome analogy, this is how SWTOR definitely feels to me and im sure to lots of people too. You dont know when you might find the next "good" girl, but when you do,its definitely gonna be alot better then the last crappy relationship.

Why do not you speak for yourself? Stop saying "players....", say "I.....". I'm here since beta and still loving this game. My relationship with the Customer Care, lately, has been almost perfect: had 3 big problems, 2 have been solved and one in under investigation. I'm waiting for new content too, but everyday I have things to do with my 8 toons. Lost patience? Take a break. Wait for new patch to come out and then come back. Edited by NinjaApacHe

So i have unsubbed now and i can tell you, the feeling of moving on is good. Its like being in one of those relationships you just know wont work but dont have the strenght to end aswell. But enough is enough now. I am not gonna sit around waiting for any small updates or level just another alt just because that is the only thing to do atm.

Ahahahah, oh my God: this is a game not a relationship. I think you have something wrong. Go out and enjoy real life! :)

A relationship is something REALLY important not to compare to a game. I'm sure your next "love" will be the same in a while.

I would like to see a projected timeline. even if there aren't specific dates listed. . .at least give us a hint about whats being worked on

The devs have bosses, who tell them what to do. And the short answer is, the devs are under orders not to say anything specific, so no matter how many times people post this, they aren't going to get what they want. Buy stock in EA and when you own 51% of the company, you can change the policy.

Edited by Tolunart

Can someone please point me to an MMORPG that has released such a timetable for future development, outlining what components they'll be introducing into the game with a rough estimate of the times you should be able to expect those?

Or are we expecting BioWare to do what no other MMORPG company is doing?

Ahahahah, oh my God: this is a game not a relationship. I think you have something wrong. Go out and enjoy real life! :)

A relationship is something REALLY important not to compare to a game. I'm sure your next "love" will be the same in a while.

I believe what may have been ment by relationship is brand loyalty, which is very very important in the market place and very important to games and almost every company. Something they spend vast amount of money cultivating and can feel like a relationship.

How many people heard Bioware and Star Wars and were like Bioware is going to make a Star Wars MMO thats amazing. Whether thats because they are fans of Bioware (DA:O, ME or NWN etc), fans of Star Wars (EP IV - VI) or both (Kotor). This is born from a good experience in the past this brand name, that it maybe completely different people in charge of the project isn't as important as the name conjures up memoeries of playing through Dragon Age the first time.

Equally how many people are never going to trust SOE again after their handling of the NGE. Crazy I know the NGE is just a game and not something important but its how people felt. Same of course goes for nearly any product you find a supplier you trust you go back. Most people would purchase their online products from a well know store than creditcardscam.com.

So from a strong position of brand loyalty BW have managed to lose this with some customers over the handling of this game, I suspect DA:2 and ME:3 likely have some effect on this as well. Not that either of these games were bad they just weren't as good as the previous game. Likewise TOR hasn't lived up to the hype and then the handling of new content and dealing with the playerbase has been less than perfect.

Now if you came in knowing nothing about BW you may not feel that the Brand loyalty you have shown was unwarranted, but for others a 10 or so year love affair all the way back to Baldurs Gate is now over. Though whether BW stop existing when EA bought them out is another matter. Perhaps BW should just be remember upto DA: Awakening and ME2?

I feel the same, and gearing up the 3:rd, 4th so on character just doesnt cut it anymore. My problem is that I cant find a better alternative. Didnt get the feel for gw2.

Its just sad to see old friends people you seen around since start is leaving the game. Ill stretch my patience a little more, give it one more chance and hope that with the content to come, f2p etc it will be enjoyable again.

Good luck where ever you end up, will miss see you in wz. o/

// Vibess - Nightmare Lands

Can someone please point me to an MMORPG that has released such a timetable for future development, outlining what components they'll be introducing into the game with a rough estimate of the times you should be able to expect those?

Or are we expecting BioWare to do what no other MMORPG company is doing?

Love the fact you put in the RPG!

The game you are asking the name of is swtor. They have said that the first year of updates was already planned out, and they have said they would be rolling stuff out on a monthly basis.

Yes, we all know they were naive to think they could do that, and due to them having to put stuff in that should have been in at launch the rollout of content has been delayed somewhat, but if you have all these grand plans, and you tell thousands of mmo players it's gonna happen, expect some negative feedback when it doesn't happen!

Again, they've been very naive. They dared to say they would be different, do things differently, so yes, some people are expecting them to do things differently from other mmorpg companies.

Hehe, well i was just putting it the best way i knew how it feels :p

Girls come and go but gaming is 4 life! Nah but i think a lot of ppl like myself had great hopes and faith in biowares final product after so many years of development and it is just disheartening to see now how the developers are handling things leaving us players in the dark, taking long silence breaks where nothing is updated. As OP said, next great things they talk about could still be months away and i for one have done every content there is many times and i simply just can justify for myself anymore spending more money and time on this dead girlfrie....GAME :D

I shall miss the lightsabers alot, but time to move on.

... Instead, be grateful for what you have gotten and are assured of getting both in terms of content and information. You're being treated better than you know.

I believe the gratefulness is expressed enough through her monthly subscription. You can ask for politeness from paying customers, but not for gratefulness as you're already receiving that in a monetary form.

Edited by Darth_Haderach

seriously? this again? how long did it take for WoW to go from Vanilla to BC? And each expansion past that has been slightly over two years in production. Why does everyone seem to think SWTOR should be releasing one before it's even a year old?

I would like to see a projected timeline. even if there aren't specific dates listed. . .at least give us a hint about whats being worked on

Yup Id like to see a time line for upcoming stuff as well

When if F2P (Fall is just more general nonsense, we all know they have a date so share it)

When does HK release? Does it really require a 50 from both factions (per account) to obtain (Im sure those people playing now would like a heads up on this. Doesnt effect me personally but not everyone has the number of 50s I do)

When does new planet release

What else is planed?

I dont think EA needs to do what a different thread suggested, sell us on the games future and why we should stay. But this code of silence is beyond annoying.

They did mention recently about 5 or 6 content updates with rough estimates when we should expect them. Just because you ignored that doesn't mean BW isn't talking what's to come. Unles you want to have solid dates, then you'll have to ask Santa.

Do you not know what an analogy is?

seriously? this again? how long did it take for WoW to go from Vanilla to BC? And each expansion past that has been slightly over two years in production. Why does everyone seem to think SWTOR should be releasing one before it's even a year old?

WoW had many, many major patches between launch and the release of TBC. Also, it's 2012, not 2007.

Funny thing is i played wow aswell from beta till wrath. And i can tell you that in Vanilla wow, i did not go through content as fast as ive done in this game. Do you remember the time it took to get your dungeon set in vanilla wow? Many runs, and when you finally got your last piece, what a bliss :) And then you were ready to step into molten core and after that BWL. I dont even remember making an alt before end of vanilla because i was so busy doing stuff on my main. In this game, it just feels lot faster to level and alot less to do once at 50.

But i am not blaiming bw for this, it is clear they want to focus mainly on the story questing mode, but after a few runs through the same content over and over (very linear path, not like wow where you could choose to level in a different zone if you wanted) you just burn out. That and the silence from bioware where they keep so limited info to us just frustrates me aswell. At times like these where many loyal gamers from start is just basicly waiting for new content, changes, ilum news etc. you should not keep that silent. But yea as i said, i finally decided to cancel my frustration.

I wondered how long it would take before the --- hey look WoW this and WoW that... you forget this game was'nt planned, designed and released in a day its had many years to get to where it is today.. a sub-par game with as much direction as a donkey with only 2 left legs.. yep its going round in circles administering band aids to cover all the self harm it keeps doing to itself rather than implementing viable content which hooks players in and draws others back.

Year 1 is not about standing still and seeing what unfolds it should be about all guns blazing to move the game on, attracting players, hooking them in and evolving the game ready for the next installment of exitemnt... sadly SWTOR has failed to hook, its failed to immerse, its failed to deliver on time, it failed to communicate effectively and it fails to even fix the issues that are dragging in further down the sinkhole.

Bury your head in the sand if you like... sure WoW wasn't built in a day nor any other MMO but any half-decent MMO doesn't allow itself to stand still and stagnate, but SWTOR has and the players have responded in the only way that really makes a difference, with their wallets and purse... and even now they are unwilling to communicate what really is going to happen with future content, heck they have backpeddled on pretty much every "we hear ya" statement or "this is coming soon"... heck even the level cap rise is in question as is what the Makeb "expansion" will actually be including now that F2P is coming "soon"

So your damn right SWTOR should of been releasing content before its a year old otherwise.. look what happens - this is 2012 not 2007 as another poster has correctly pointed out.. the competition has moved on... what BW released wasn't even 2007 standards it was about as fun and feature packed as something released in 2002 and they knew it was lacking and unpolished but 2011 christmas sales simply had to be met or it was likely gunna have a double barrel pointed between its eyes, never to see the stars!

Edited by Bloodstealer

Do you not know what an analogy is?

WoW had many, many major patches between launch and the release of TBC. Also, it's 2012, not 2007.

Ok I posted the WoW patch timeline yesterday. Wow launched with FAR less content than TOR did. Community expectations of content updates are unrealistic.

Ok So I was prepared to post WoW's patch schedule in order to show how we are being unrealistic. Well here it is.

1.1 Launch November 7, 2004

1.2 December 18, 2004 - New dungeon and the Gurubashi Arena

1.3 March 7, 2005 - New dungeon and 2 world bosses

1.4 April 8, 2005 - Major PvP revamp

1.5 June 7, 2005 - Battlegrounds introduced

1.6 July 12, 2005 - Blackwing Lair 40 man raid and Darkmoon Faire

1.7 September 13, 2005 - Zul'Gurub 20 man raid and Arathi Basin BG

1.8 Octobr 10, 2005 - World Dragon bosses and Silithis zone revamp

1.9 January 3, 2006 - 40 man and 20 man raids for Ahn'Quiraj

Thats the schedule for the first 14 months of WoW. Now that being said WoW launched with 1 40 man raid, one 10 man dungeon and 5 - 6 5 man dungeons. It took 9 months to introduce a second raid.

The biggest issue is people chew through content at a much higher rate now. TOR launched with more content but is slower at the update pacing. Looks to me to be 6 in one hand and half a dozen in the other.

Source

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patches/1.x

An the reason game developers don't do this is they have learned the hard way how unreasonable gaming "communities" can be when plans (inevitably) change.

Ok I posted the WoW patch timeline yesterday. Wow launched with FAR less content than TOR did. Community expectations of content updates are unrealistic.

One difference however is, WoW launched with a larger game world which also was more alive and things to do than TOR had at launch. I can remember when TBC came out, there was still some places in Vanilla I had not been to yet. Sure fishing and underwater environments, night/day cycles mean nothing to some. But for many, those are small, but important additions to a game world to give it life.

Considering the new content that has already been added since launch, and the fact that the pending content is actually being hyped and discussed, you don't get to be impatient yet.

Impatient is when you are told, three months prior to early launch, content originally intended for inclusion would be in, but as post-launch content. Then told very little else except why it was delayed three months after launch, and nothing since.

The rare "sorry guys, nothing new to tell you" we do occasionally receive comes by labyrinthine and oblique ways that do not show on the Developer Tracker. Since the changes with the Development Team since the Guild Summit, not to mention the prospective move to Free To Play, we do not know whether the promised content is still slated for inclusion.

In essence, we are back where we started in terms of what we know, except we know what we were told once upon a time. No one will tell us whether that is still true.

When the sort of content you describe is treated with such apparent disregard, then you can be impatient and frustrated. Instead, be grateful for what you have gotten and are assured of getting both in terms of content and information. You're being treated better than you know.

I agree

Edited by Blacktailstalker