Not a peep about the lag?

Theology

Yeah since the last patch (the biggie, not the patches to fix what the patch broke :rolleyes:), I'm getting very nasty lag in Flashpoints. I never got lag in Flashpoints before now.

And while I did get lag in WZs, that was months ago and I hadn't been having much trouble...until that patch.

What on earth did you guys "patch" to make lag happen?:confused:

The Lag Spikes are intermittent. I run Netflix on a laptop next to my main rig, and it never cuts out even when the game is spiking, so it's NOT my connection, and I assume anyone elses either. This is on Bioware's IT's dept, and anyone who says anything else is lying.

We couldn't get nightmare pilgrim down the other-night because of the lag Ea-ware claims isn't server side but is our computers.

I love how 16 computers from all over the world can simultaneously slow down; that then you can spam to general in EC and find out it wasn't 16 but closer to 100. I agree though, theres no way its Biowares' machines, its just that the internet everywhere spiked for a few seconds, right?

The Lag Spikes are intermittent. I run Netflix on a laptop next to my main rig, and it never cuts out even when the game is spiking, so it's NOT my connection, and I assume anyone elses either. This is on Bioware's IT's dept, and anyone who says anything else is lying.

Yea I can run other games fine and no lag spikes at all but SWTOR has huge lag spikes in Operations.

The entire group gets them, yet not a peep from BioWare on this problem.

This was one of the reasons alot of guildies left this game. Banging our heads against the wall trying to down a boss in a raid while fighting through lag.

Best part is like another poster said already.....its your computer thats lagging not anything on our end.

12 days until launch.

Edited by kiddynomite

I had some lag in a CW warzone this afternoon. I never have lag issues in the game so this was new to me. The next two WZs, both Novare,I suffered zero lag. If it's intermittent like that it could be driving BW nuts trying to pinpoint the problem.

You must have missed this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5006855#edit5006855

We have seen an increase in reports of lag spikes happening for groups as a whole during Operations and Flashpoints since 1.3 was released and it's been a top priority to identify the causes and resolve them. We have already identified a few optimizations and are looking at implementing them after they're fully tested, but unfortunately I can't provide a specific patch when they'll be ready to go in at this time.

Edited by Blisst_uNF

So once again, we get the, "Coming Soon™". I'm sorry, since I left for a break and came back, I missed 1.3 and all the server merges. I come back to get into PvP, but it's not doable with absolutely abysmal lag. I'm not saying I'm some godly pro but: I hardly ever lose in a 1 vs 1 to cap a node, but when I do, it's because of lag spikes.

Soon may mean tonight, Thursday, next week, next month, next year, next decade, century, millennium, or just before the world ends. Until then, the most I will do in game is probably sit my *** on fleet and talk to guildies.

So once again, we get the, "Coming Soon™". I'm sorry, since I left for a break and came back, I missed 1.3 and all the server merges. I come back to get into PvP, but it's not doable with absolutely abysmal lag. I'm not saying I'm some godly pro but: I hardly ever lose in a 1 vs 1 to cap a node, but when I do, it's because of lag spikes.

Soon may mean tonight, Thursday, next week, next month, next year, next decade, century, millennium, or just before the world ends. Until then, the most I will do in game is probably sit my *** on fleet and talk to guildies.

Ya the coming soon is kind of a bummer, but since latency issues affect pretty much ALL of the game we can probably safely assume that it's a high-priority issue. Also I seem to recall a post that indicated there were a number of separate issues that were contributing factors that have been identified and have fixes OTW as their test cycles complete. If you poke through the past 3-5 pages of the dev tracker, or past few QnA's I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

Ya the coming soon is kind of a bummer, but since latency issues affect pretty much ALL of the game we can probably safely assume that it's a high-priority issue. Also I seem to recall a post that indicated there were a number of separate issues that were contributing factors that have been identified and have fixes OTW as their test cycles complete. If you poke through the past 3-5 pages of the dev tracker, or past few QnA's I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

I'll look around the dev tracker, thanks for that. But unless it's something that can be put into the cash shop and EA can charge moeny for it, I dont assume its a high priority.