A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

This is actually more of a bug I guess, but in the stasis chamber republic H2 on Belsavis, your companion refuses to enter the area with the champion as if the force field was still up. This means you have to pull the champion back, annoyingly after he harpoons you back and slams you into the floor. But then his two adds will freak out and run into the walls on the sides. Gets on my nerves either way.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 1.2 the companions with lightsabers keep then out all the time instead of sheathing them when out of combat. This has created lighsaber blade artifacts in the cut scenes. This is visually distracting and very annoying.

Legacy

• Reward high legacy players with cosmetic/utility rewards that increases incentive to level up alts / do dailies / play the game in general - the thing you want to achieve. There's people that are completionists that you will incentivise to play your game more.

• Legacy storage: this is such a fundamental of an MMO for me and it curcumvents the tedious use of the mail system to transfer stuff across you and your alts.

• Legacy quests: small quests (with repeat value - in the form of random good rewards and giving the quests rewards that suit how well you did to complete it, like how many side-quests you completed) that strengthen your legacy bounds.

• Don't cap legacy at 50. Let people continue to use this as a way to warrant questing and logging into SWTOR. Again reward players that do invest in it.

Guilds

• Flesh out your guild system, one of the main things that keeps people playing is having an active community that supports the game. Just look at how other games do this it's not hard to find ways to improve it. It's so lacking in features at the moment it's almost laughable.

Content

• Don't invest in amount of content, invest in the replay-value of content at endgame. PvP is popular, add new warzones, add a Guild Wars 2 esque open world PvP with epic full scale battles that are over strategic points (resources, spawnpoints, whatever). Open world PvP that has PERSISTENT effects on the world around you, and that influence gameplay in a dramatic way so guilds have to be on their toes at all times. Key aspect in here is to reward teamplay and strategic choices, not only indivdual player skill.

PVP

• Three words: Cross. Server. Warzones. I can't stress enough how this would alleviate so much problems with ranked warzones.

Cheating

• Active team (as in in-game active) that punishes cheaters and interacts with community in game.

Edited by Winguardian

Not sure if it's just me, but black screens holding up the start of conversations with NPCs by a few seconds have started to occur pretty frequently. "Space bar ffs!" they tell me, but it's not my fault! :(

It's not just you. Worst part is, if you hit spacebar right as the black screen appears, the black screen gets stuck and you have to press esc and restart the conversation.

There are a lot of good suggestions here; I'll most likely repeat a few. I'll throw out some small things and then a larger one.

Small stuff (ow, it stings):

• "You're in an instance" errors when on your ship.
    Being on your ship shouldn't be an obstacle when trying to put together an op group.
  • LFG should put you back where it got you from.
    With the loading screens as slow as they are (and as many as there are) it is very inconvienent to have to travel back from wherever you got dumped post LFG.
  • The floating lightsabers in cutscenes.
    Occasionally in some very awkward positions.
  • Companions who can't put away their weapons.
    Suggestion: Give us a weapon on/off switch for them. Even if you can't fix the bug that causes them to have their weapons out outside of combat, then we could at least do it manually if it bugs us.
  • Post-group having to reset my UI because it has shifted my companion ability bar behind their portrait.
    We can shift our UI around but automated movements like that don't play nice.
  • RESETTING MY CAMERA.
    After every cut scene, every speeder ride, every scene change, every loading screen.... ..... .....
  • Companions never change canned responses.
    After I've maxed (and possibly married) a companion, shouldn't they say different stuff to me?
  • Skimpy gear (otherwise known as, I'd like some options please)
    Female versions of gear is often skimpier. I'd like two things done about this. 1) Give females the option to also wear a full-coverage version and 2) Give males the option of wearing skimpier gear.
  • Can't sit on chairs.
    You have chairs and benches and couches all over the place. You have sittable chairs on our ship bridges. You have a sit animation which we use when we sit on said sittable chairs on our ship bridge. Why is this not already in game?
  • Come hither sitting pose.
    Could we maybe have a pose that wasn't quite so....yeah.
  • Placement bugs.
    I can't count the number of times a mob has slid across the floor to a new spot once I've engaged it in combat. Not only is this incredibly annoying, immersion breaking, and just plain stupid looking, it also causes problems for pulling a mob if it's actually closer to another group than you thought.
  • Bosses out of phase bugs.
    A couple bosses, like Soa, seem to run around below the floor or out of phase of the instance to some players (myself included) on occasion. Every response to a bug ticket is we're forwarding this to the development team, but no fixes have worked.
  • More LI options.
    Females only have one heterosexual LI option. Most males only have one as well. More LIs so we have choice should be implemented, and people who want SGRAs should have them.

Big stuff (I'm bleeding out here...)

End of story feels like the end of the story.

Suggestion: Please don't neglect story in your updates. Provide small things (like letters, small branching conversation quests with companions, exploration dailies that send us to odd little spots, class specific dailies, minigames, etc.) over time. Trickle them out on a regular basis so that we continue to see our story progress, even in little ways, while waiting for the next Act to begin. Otherwise, like intermission, we will get out of our chairs and go do something else.

As for unused commendations, I want to add I'd like to see a line disappear when the total for that currency is 0, as the list is somewhat cumbersome.

more on the same if the currency tab could remember what i collapsed would be great, as a pvp player myself i find boring to have to collapse the planet commendation list each time i check my pvp commendation count

Develope more content that rewards the community. something to fight for. Whether world pvp controlled sectors or guild ships. something you can give the community and say "here ya go, have fun see what you can do" rather than the rinse and repeat ops, fp's and wz's. The feel like they contribute to nothing other than gear. The world wont change even if i complete LI HM 20 or 30 times, win in huttball 50 times. Let us control something, take away the chains

Neat thread. My 'cuts' are below. Most have probably been mentioned, but oh well.

1. Equipment having TWO looks depending on which faction is wearing it. Why are you limiting the number of styles a person can wear based on faction? Maybe my bounty hunter is and EX- Havoc member. Maybe my smuggler digs wearing Imperial outfits. Limiting the options seems silly.

1b. Along with the above, why not offer us a choice of symbols for armor instead of branding them with the Havoc logo or what-not. Heck, let us choose the symbols from a preset group.

2. MORE COLORS!!111!! :D I happen to like orange, but I like purple a LOT more and blue even more so. Why are all high level gear choices stuck with one color palette?

3. Hyperbole Wars. My guild recently 'heard' my half hour comedy routine/monologue on the subject, but seriously, can you fix the overuse of hyperbole on things? (Some examples below)

= I can fly across the galaxy for fewer credits than it costs to take a speeder a couple of miles

= NPCs constantly offer me a reward of 'riches' and 'every penny' etc. and these end up being a commendation and a handful of credits.

= I recently finished an Empire quest on Belsavis where I was promised 'Technology not seen since the fall of the Infinite Empire". This reward turned out to be...a choice of commendation, mystery box, or armor mod that was worse than the mod given for the heroic I'd finished earlier.:rolleyes: Apparently no one has seen these because they're laughably bad.

4. Inability to take a shuttle to my ship yet I can call a shuttle to pick me up from the sewer system on Coruscant or the deep prison depths of Belsavis without a problem. We even have priority transports to several locations now, but not our own ship?

5. Lack of branching story lines. If there is an option to save or let die an NPC, this choice should have REAL consequences to your story. Right now they don't, but wouldn't it be cool if these became optional companions? Would this entice most people to take the 'Save' option? Possibly, so the 'let die' option needs to have some benefit as well(or the save has some big negatives).

Some Harder Ideas

- Can we have Empire Troopers and Smugglers and Republic SIS Agents and Bounty Hunters? Anyone who has done the class quests knows that there are all of these exist.

- Can we have robotic 'races'?

- Can we have the option to kick companions or at the very least have a conversation path that shows us to be the ones in charge?(I'm looking at you Vadge and your "I'm leaving on your ship with or without you" comment to my ruthless bounty hunter)

- Can you make some of the NPCs that could die or live based on choices be optional companions instead? Some of these are SO much more interesting than the companions we have.

I don't know if this would qualify as "small" or not, but a colorblind mode would be really helpful for people like me (red-green colorblind). TBH I didn't really have any problems until the Chevin event with the matching lights, but a colorblind mode would be really helpful!

PS- Can't tell the difference between the yellow and green sabers :D But that's not something I'd expect to be fixed.

Thank you!

One thing that really annoys me is that my characters on the character selection screen aren't always in the same place. I've got 8 characters that I play. As I log in and out of various characters their order on the character select screen basically becomes random, with the exception that the last character I played is at the top of the list. I'd really like to be able to organize them myself, or at least by level, or alphabetically, or something.

My second annoyance is ever since the server transfers, the servers are (expectedly) laggier than before. When posting items on the GTN, if I select to post an item, but right click an item in my inventory before the first item completely lists, I'm unable to list any more items until I log out and back in. I don't know if this is a bug, or just an unintended effect of playing on a busier server, but I'd like to see some upgrades to the GTN to fix this, as well as give more options for searching for items and listing items to make my life a little easier.

Thanks.

Kudos to the OP. I like this, and appreciate the ideas/criticism remaining constructive.

I've read the first couple pages, but don't have the time to invest to look at everything. So, i would add the following: Sorry if this was posted already.

I maxed affection for and married Kira because I did like her character in game. When in a cantina or fleet (or similar non-combat situation) can she stand closer than 10 meters to my character? Always the separation! Incidental touches reflect real life between two companions. I'm not talking full on XXX rated shows, but what your closest friend/significant other would do on occasion. You know, a quick touch of the hand, a caress. Maybe i'm getting too much into the RP aspect.

Papercuts with this game for me are mostly companion related. Hopefully they can get love from the devs too, including matching outfits.

BTW, love the post/ totally agree with companions bending backwards in order to keep eyes on character.

My papercut is crew skill related. Having to relog, board/exit ship, or otherwise trigger a major load screen event in order to refresh the crew skill mission list is tedious and annoying. If it's not feasible to include all the missions at once (and there are only, what, around 5-18 per tier?), at least just put a "refresh" button on the mission list.

Removing the need to refresh would be even better. If I want to send 5 companions on gift missions, give me a list of gift missions to use. If I only want to do LS/DS diplomacy missions, only present those. If I want to do T1 underworld metal missions, give me the two metal missions and populate the rest randomly. In short, let me choose the kind of mission I'm looking for - because I'm always looking for a specific mission type.

On a related note, scavenging, bioanalysis, and archeology missions are super annoying due to the 2-3 material types for most tiers as the RNG invariably gives me less of what I need. (Treasure hunting gemstone missions also suffer this to a lesser extent.) Give me missions for specific materials, not just categories.

Wonderful thread!

Here are a couple of things for the list that come to mind (sorry if some are there already):

• Option to toggle on Chat Bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote as detailed in this thread.
  • Ability to sit on all chairs in the game (really, just have an intern go through all chairs in the game and add the sittable property to it - it's easy to do, just takes one person dedicated to it to work on it a couple of days)
  • Animated /liedown emote
  • Fix looping emotes so they no longer loop from start to finish all over again but remain in position (/ponder, for example, shouldn't keep moving the hand up to the chin and back down again but instead keep the hand on the chin, scratching until you move like it was in beta - all looping emotes are affected).
  • Add an appropriate character animation to all available emotes that don't have one yet
  • Add more animated emotes
  • Add sounds to more emotes where appropriate
  • Add Unify color toggles to keybinds
  • Hood up/down toggle with a keybind
  • "Face Merchants" (Barber shop/image design) that allows you to basically re-enter character creation and change your characters look and possibly even species, gender, etc..
  • Add an option to enable the automatical rotation of the minimap so up on it always points to where the player (=camera, not the character) is looking.
  • Add mouse mode toggle (instead of holding down the right mouse button to rotate the camera, click a button/key to get into free camera/mouselook mode and click it again to get back into the regular mouse "steering" mode).
  • Dye option for chestpieces
  • Fix of the humongous butts when wearing various Robes/Chestpieces
  • Allow to manually invite players into group finder groups that are left shorthanded
  • Removal or at least a serious reduction in modification extraction costs
  • Serious reduction in repair costs
  • Serious reduction of costs of legacy perks (especially the per-character ones, but also the legacy-wide ones)
  • An appearance tab/Cosmetic outfit slots
  • Open up a non-enemy infested version of instanced areas to be entered without having the quest needed to enter
  • Add an optional surname for each character that is non-unique and independent of the legacy name.
  • More character slots per server
  • Ability to change the advanced class.
  • Ability to freely change character names (possibly limited by once ever three months per character like it was in SWG)
  • Ability to freely change the Legacy name
  • Make your Legacy family tree viewable by other players and add Star Warsy options like Master/Padawan, etc. to it.
  • Change notification sounds for /tells and /whispers to be more distinct and audible (similar to the incoming holocom transmission sound you get when questing)
  • Make it that every single /whisper and /tell produces the notification sound, not just every once in a while
  • Fix the bugs with Background Audio when tasked out while using exclusive Full Screen mode so that all sounds are played properly, especially notification sounds for Group Finder queue popups, Warzone Queue Popups, /whisper, /tell, etc.
  • Change all AOE attacks to be "smart", so they don't hit PVE targets that are taken out of the fight via a long crowd control effect (CC).
  • Tweak companion AI to be smarter and move out of enemy AOE attack circles immediately or change them to not take damage from AOE attacks.
  • Change ALT+F4 to no longer quit the game immediately, but have a confirmation box "Do you really want to Quit? Yes No") pop up instead.
  • Add looping, ambient music.
  • Allow to use your alts as companions (looking like your alts and equipped like they are now and be able to choose a companion archetype for them for skills and role).
  • Decrease the cooldown on the big travel skills like Emergency Fleet Pass, Trevel to Black Hole, and others that share the ridiculously long cooldown to 1 hour.
  • Increase the maximum time for an item sale in the Galactic Trade Network to at least a week, but more ideally to 30 days.
  • Remove the need for a deposit when selling items on the Galactic Trade Network.

• Allow items in the Galactic Trade Network to be filtered/searched for by Attributes.
  • Drastically increase the maximum character limit for in-game customer service and bug report tickets (currently it's set too small to even describe a bug and add detailed reproduction steps).
  • Add a decoration system for your ship so you can freely decorate it with any items and freely move and rotate them on an X,Y,Z axis like the decoration system in Star Wars Galaxies.
  • Add a new first person space portion as a full multiplayer space combat simulator (with both co-op and PVP support) like the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: Balance of Power or SWG: Jump to Lightspeed.
  • Add a Quest maker to create your own quests/instances to share with your friends and others.
  • Fix the game crashes when running multiple modern video cards in CrossfireX (AMD) and SLI (Nvidia) mode while in exclusive Full Screen Mode and tasking in and out of the game as well as quitting the game.
  • Remove the framerate cap or allow people to freely choose it via slider from 30FPS up to 200FPS (so it can be used with 3D displays).
  • Add a Bounty Hunting Contract System (hunt NPCs and other players for credits and other rewards)
  • Add a Smuggling Contract system (smuggle contraband for NPCs and other players for credits and other rewards)
  • Give people an option to buy a lifetime subscription (full paid account access forever for a one time payment of up to $200).
Edited by Glzmo

Thank you for doing this. One can only hope that Bioware will act. They've already shown they're listening (and by getting a Bioware response, I'm sure much more attention will be brought to this worthwhile thread, which can only be a good thing..), but let's hope some action comes of it.

My contributions, which I've aired several times elsewhere, but here seems good too:

The game is more work than play:

• Credit sinks (training, repairs, augment fees, mod removal fees) are constantly forcing me to re-run "end-game" content (dailies) just to keep going, wasting my time on actual fun content (FPs, Ops etc). I don't care for credits or for expensive 'high end' items, I just don't want to have to play the same content over and over again to finance the (few) fun parts of the game.
  • Non-stop gear upgrade progression - there is very little skill involved in the game, once a combat rotation is worked out; it's all about gearing up and getting the next piece. Really not fun! Where is the exploration, the character development, the skill in playing a character other than memorizing the same rotations for almost all fights?
  • Item binding means that loot from Operations or Flashpoints is sometimes useless (Jedi Knight items for a Jedi Consular, who doesn't even have Knight Companions to use them??). Why not at least make it Bind to Legacy so I can give it to my alt, or their companions? Yes there are some farming/ninja-looting mechanisms to work out, but that shouldn't be hard to do?
  • Time sinks - the best 150,000 credits I ever spent in the game was for the Black Hole Priority Pass. That says something about how much wasted time there is per hour of actual play. Lose the space stations, lose the artificial timesinks and make speeder upgrades something worthwhile. Legacy speeder at level 10 was a step in the right direction, but a very small step. Also, FASTER SPEEDERS! I should not be able to force run faster than a speeder.

Other issues that sap the fun from playing the game:

• Poorly managed server system means I have two legacies split across populated servers and am increasingly annoyed at being limited in play options.
  • Boring crafting system that is generic, time-consuming and unrewarding. It's little more than a credit sink and there is almost no point in being a crafter in this game.
  • No cross-faction interaction or even chat - this could be so much more fun with a more open Republic/Empire environment.
  • Poor customer service who spend more time and effort pretending to be a Galactic Service Droid than solving player issues.
  • Very linear gameplay which does not suit MMO play - the entire play experience can be mapped on one straight line, with zero branches or divergent experiences. Good stories aside, it's very repetitive to play multiple characters. Planets are also linear and progression means you almost never return to old planets. Suggestion: throw some randomly spawning wandering level 30/40/50 bosses with good loot around that encourage people to revisit old planets and drive around. I know if random Gharjs spawned somewhere in Hoth, I'd drive around to find him...
  • Linear quests that makes me feel like a mouse in a maze. Everything is prescribed, plotted, scripted and set out, from gear progression to credit sinks to spec roles and rotation... there is almost zero room for creativity (want to be a rifle-wielding commando? NO. Single saber shadow? NO. Play through a world your own way? NO. Play a class your own way? NO. Go back to a previously-visited planet for appropriate-level content? NO. Create your own storyline and go any direction other than up a level? NO. Do anything with looted BOP schems that are for crafting skills other than mine? NO. Beat a FP/Op boss using tactics other than the exact choreography the fight demands? NO. Get better gear other than grinding WZ, Ops and Dailies? NO. In fact, progress in the game without grinding gear? NO. In fact, do anything in the game except get better gear? NO. etc...). Please just give us some room to spread our wings... this is supposed to be a MMO environment after all!
  • Boring quests/planets - I grind them because I have to, and I never return because there's no reason to.
  • Limited PvP options - four Warzones, two of which are not fun, and all four are artificial environments with set tactics and little skill. No open-world PvP to speak of. No events (how about plop a base on Tatooine and have everyone duke it out for 4 hours, with commendations/loot/rewards at the end of it!).
  • Level-based system is imbalanced and artificial. Skill trees and player skill should be more important than level numbers. I have no desire to return to old planets because they are 'out-of-level', but during the leveling phase I just want to get out of there and move to the next level.
  • Space. So much work needs to be done there...
  • Lack of macros - please please allow some simple macros, or even minimize repeated actions - I am getting RSI just from playing this game. Suggestions: class buffs are automatically active and apply to all members of a group; repeat missions for companions; option for 'constant abilities' auto-refresh (e.g. shield buff on Jedi Shadow, Shoot First + Flechette Round combo on Scoundrel)

Other reasons I have fallen out of love with the game:

• It is more fantasy than science fiction and it really does not feel 'Star Warsy'. Feeble references and lightsabers aside, the longer I play, the more I see this is clearly closer to WoW than KotOR. Why can't the world boss on Hoth be a Wampa? Would Gargath have been so hard to design that way? What's with the ridiculously-designed gear costumes... can't I just wear simple black like Luke does? Must I always have a cape and wide-brimmed hat? Why do I pay 100k per item (pulling out mods) just to look like Han Solo?
  • For a MMO, SWTOR really makes social gaming difficult and unrewarding (see also above points on cross-faction play). Dual-spec, cross-level play (e.g. Level 50 'down-bolstered' to Level 20 to play with friends), bigger guild limits for alts would all help!
  • General AI that is incredibly dumb, does not adapt and just reinforces that having the right gear and applying a set rotation will win a fight (very low player skill). Bosses are choreographed fights ("fight mechanics") which once figured out, pose no challenge. How about bosses that adapt to your tactics and try new things, unpredictable things?
  • Ugly ugly ugly clothing that does not look Star Wars at all, does not give variance across classes and does not let users customize their appearance.

Quality of Life issues:

• Hats on Miraluka. Known issue, but I will reiterate it here. As a Miraluka with a Formal Hat, I was outraged and devastated that it didn't show up. What happens when I get Karagga's Hat??
  • Respawning within instances and speeders in Ops and FP zones. If we wipe on Soa, I don't want to have to load the fleet, load EV, speeder to the pylons, then run all the way in again...
  • Stun chains in PvP are just horrible and tedious... I spend more time stunned than I do playing!
  • Mentioned before, but Commandos with rifles? Please...? Shadows with single sabers? Please...? Bounty Hunters with rifles? Please...?
  • Lag spikes (graphics or server side...?) when things/people load (not my machine, I run full settings 50fps), e.g. start of Huttball, running to South at start of Novare.
  • Not accessing mail from anywhere (but Holocommunicators work...?)
  • Not having a quicktravel 'go to ship' option (I really miss that from KotOR!)
  • Character barbers and model customization would be nice
  • Companion customization (hide head slot, unify colors) would be nice
  • Some hubs other than fleet. Coruscant or Dromuund Kaas would be good.
  • Group Finder not bringing you back to where you were before you shuttled
  • PUG ranked warzones would be nice. Also an expertise cap on normal 50 warzones (so full augmented War Hero gear does not go up against full recruit gear), with War Hero players wanting to get the most out of their gear expected to play in ranked warzones
  • Mentioned before... but dual spec!
  • Mods that are useless to me, or bonuses that are useless to me. Accuracy on a Force Survivor gear?? Or as a Gunnery Commando, I prefer Combat Tech gear for stats, but it gives Vanguard set bonuses? Can I just spend my warzone comms on mods and enhancements (similar to planetary comms) and choose for myself?
  • Two day max posting on GTN... why?? One week postings would be nice.
  • Choosing which warzone you want (or don't want) to play when you queue up
  • Add some minigames!
  • Chat bubbles
  • The whole /r thing mentioned by OP
  • Really awkward ship layouts that just become big time sinks - no way a smuggler would have that much open space in their freighter... what's with the enormous corridors??
  • Space stations at planets. Seriously, lose them. Most transparent time sink ever.
  • Corellia. Whole planet is unenjoyable, tedious to navigate and not very interesting. I've done my class quest and a couple of side quests for one character, my second 50 I did just the class quests, and my third 50 I finished class quests at Belsavis. Now full Columi and I don't think I'll bother finishing class quests ever.
  • More to come as I think of them

One last thing I will add, though I hate to compare SWTOR to SWG (I long ago accepted they were two fundamentally different games):

It basically boils down to the tagline that ships on the box of the two games. SWTOR says "Choose Your Path". SWG said "Experience the greatest [star Wars] saga ever told - yours". The difference is plain; in SWTOR you pick a path, you go down it and that's that. It's a pre-fabricated story and you choose one, with everything else pretty much the same. SWG gave you your own saga, your own story and your own experience. No two players had the same SWG experience. Now I'm not saying SWTOR should be as sandbox as that, but it's worth mentioning, because SWG really was onto something, even if it delivered it in a broken broken fashion.

Thanks again for creating the thread and here's to hoping for action. Now back to the game :p

Edited by snowyv

Just two small notes, sorry if they've been covered but the page list is getting there -

-Training saber cuts through my twi'lek's lekku and is really frustrating to see right at the start. It doesn't help first impressions.

-Sets of Mandalorian armour. I would love to be able to wear more styles of Mandalorian armour on all my characters, even the Force wielders. It looks really bad *** with a lightsaber.

Add an option to automatically rotate the minimap so up on it always points to where the player is looking.

THIS!! I spent half an hour trying to find that option in preferences when I started the game. Before I'd even killed a single Kor'lath (sp?) slug I was googling how to do this... then bitterly disappointed. To this day still irked by it. Good spot!

Edited by snowyv

oh, and /hug, /snog and /high5 emotes are needed. I feel socially retarded without them :(

This^^ plus /fiddle and /poke.

My main issue's are the horrific looking armour for most classes - namely the SW/SI stuff. Which leads on to my next one... I'd give anything to be able to RE some of the loot in this game to get an orange shell of the same appearance. I'd also cheerfully sell my soul for the Toth (imp sec key vendor) outfit).

Bum-flaps - can we please get some midriff-less armour that hasn't got a daft piece of cloth handing off the back end? (preferably in red/black/maroon)

Next - some semblance of a social proffession? Been a recruiter for my guild for many years and this is by far the hardest game to recruit in, yeah there is spamming in fleet - but I've always opted for quality over quantity and that's usually come from random conversations idling that haven't been interrupted by a WZ or Group finder going pop.

And finally - costs - whether it be legacy or mod removal - I'm only playing my 50's these days to grind planet comms for my lower chars as the thought of grindin dailies for cash to move mods about/buy legacy perks takes all the fun out of the game.

Edited by Forgettableone

I'd like to just have to pay one time to pull an armoring (or other modification) out of a piece of gear.

The main quality of life improvement I'd like to see is having the abilty to easily play in any gear set that I have collected. If my guild wants to do a "Voss Commando" night, we should be able to just swap all our operation mods into a set of Voss social gear and play together.

Under the current system, a "theme night" is too expensive to be practical, other than just a costume set on the fleet.

My suggestion is to either tie the modification removal cost to the modification, or to the gear and only charge us one time for removal. The cheaper way would be to tie it to the modification so it would be a one time cost for an armoring and then that armoring would be usable in an infinite amount of armor for free. The more expensive (but still fair) way, would be to tie the removal cost to a slot on a piece of gear, and once you've paid that removal cost, the gear would never charge you for removing a modification from that slot again.

Here's my paper cut that I think of every time I use a taxi:

When the taxi vehicle is a two-seater, I'd love to see my companion riding shotgun instead of just having an empty seat there.

It would be sweet to be rollin deep with Khem Val in the two-seater hooptie.