A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]Visually, the game looks a bit long in the tooth. The periodic implementation of graphical improvements would be welcome: Strongly agree with this. Two years after the launch of the game, the archaic, early 2000's graphics engine stays the same.

My papercuts

• More companions, have a limited number of companions depending on choices and alignment, and improved influence: It was like this in the KOTOR series - if you was darksided, some companions like Jolee Bindo would not join you. Also, companions should have their own alignment, with your ability to turn SOME of them to the dark side or light side (KOTOR II)
  • Improved Open World PVP: Open World PVP is tasty, interesting and very tactical, also you can go solo and wreck havoc in enemy bases and this is really a thrilling experience... but it's not rewarding at all (achievements don't count). Commendations and therefore specific gear should be awarded for this activity. On the other hand, add ganking penalties. If a LVL50 starts hunting lows in tatooine, he gets penalties (like loss of valor points/ranks) or other penalties.
  • Play as a droid: I insist that having a droid or synthetic class would be amazing. Please consider it.
  • Full graphics engine revamp: Even the engine for KOTOR 2 was better than this.Seriously. Please make a full engine improvement. YOU ARE TOO FOCUSED ON THE PAID CONTENT, even though you still have a sub option.
  • Defect: Ability to defect to the other faction, conserving your original class. For example an Agent defects to Republic: Imperial Agent → SIS Operative.
  • More class factions for each class: For example Imperial Agent could have a strict Military Branch, the Imperial Reclamation Service and Imperial Intelligence (this last one is what we have right now).
  • More races: Abyssin (my favorite), Togruta and Kaleesh.
  • Thana Vesh, Lana Beniko and Theron Shan among others, as companions: I know this is difficult, but we want more companions and most people will agree with this. In short: more companions.
  • More Republic themed expansions: The Dread Masters, Cartel Empire, Revan, the Emperor... every story themed expansion is empire with the sole exception of Cartel in Makeb. Please make a Republic themed expansion already!
  • Kashyyyk, Dantooine, Malachor V, Onderon, ENDOR: You brought some of the planets back, but seriously...
  • Conquerable planets: Add conquest to the game. Add fortresses you have to siege and take them from the other faction. I think Endor would make an excellent choice for a conquest planet. When a faction conquers an outpost or a fortress, they get bonuses on that area or planet. And that fortress is filled with that faction's NPC's to guard it. The faction that has more fortresses in the planet is the dominant faction there. Actually I think you could extend this to some of the current planets like Tatooine, Hoth, Belsavis and Taris, for example.

This being said, I absolutely love the two new planets (Rishi and Yavin 4): not too big, not too small. I simply love them. Thanks Bioware.

Sorry, but these are by no means "papercuts" in the sense of this thread. Unless we decide to completely stray from the premise in the OP, those are little things like "enable masks under hoods" or "legacy wallet".

What you are suggesting, for instance a full graphics overhaul is probably the single most extensive thing they could ever do with the game. Similarly, new classes or defection, being things that would require an extraordinary amount of restructuring in the game are just not going to happen. No matter how much we would like them, this line of thinking isn't going anywhere.

That's a nice idea, except I would prefer credits being shared throughout Legacy.

Yeah, the design mock-up I put together was based on the current system of credit balances being specifically tied to the individual characters. If all characters were to share from a centralized pool of funds, the pretty green numbers for the credit balance could easily be moved to the bottom of the login frame and perhaps made a bit larger.

Honestly, although it sounds nice, I'm not sure I'm totally on-board with that idea, though. Story-wise, just because my Sith Sorcerer amassed a pile of wealth doesn't mean she is going to share it with her sister, the Jedi Sage. In fact, it seems to me that it makes more sense that the individual characters have their own balances. However, I might be more open to the idea if BW opened up the Legacy Storage feature to include a "Legacy Bank" similar to the Guild Bank (as has been suggested several times in a number of different topics) where each character could choose to contribute or not.

Great thread OP!

So many great points, issues, and suggestions. I will add a couple of mine, that I don't believe I saw mentioned/suggested, to support this thread. However, I apologize if it's previously been stated. SO MANY PAGES!

Peeve:

- Light sabers and stealth:

I think it would be nice if when stealthing, your lightsaber and hilt would be invisible. If you deploy the lightsaber, then stealth, it is then completely invisible. However, if your lightsaber is stowed and you invis, the hilt is clearly not invisible. I'm sure those of you who have the Cathar saber, or any other vibro-esk blade, have even more reason to agree :p. Also, when in stealth (and the hilt is not invisible) and you place your port location.. The saber deploys, making nose and causing a visual, which kinda defeats the point of being invisible as well. Again, if your saber is deployed already, then you stealth, then you place the port location, there is no saber sound effect and you are completely invisible, still.

- Long hair and Twi'lek lekku:

Would be pretty awesome if the lekku would rap around the neck (or some other fashion), as a scarf would when wearing an item that has a hood (picture SWG's Twi'lek customization options). Or at least add an appearance customization item to be purchased via CC, to accomplish this. The same for long hair options.

- Hats:

I'm sure many out there can agree that it's also kind of lame that your hair disappears or is covered up when wearing a hat. Example: the classic western style hat. When worn, It has a retro football (american) helmet appearance, but with a wide brim like a "cowboy" hat.

- NPC conversations that linger long after passing the NPC:

I saw that this was mentioned, but It's just so annoying that I feel it needs mentioned, again.. lol

Again, great thread OP!