Gimmick spammers I hate you.

Comfterbilly

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why waste a minute trying to focus down a tank with a healer when you can just pull him to the fire and have him dead in 2 second?

Just be prepared to pay for it - the path of least resistance has a way of backfiring. If your team is all gimmicks and immorto-heals to the point the game is ****ed, my secondary objective is to ruin your game experience as well, so be ready to spend the next fifteen minutes being knocked off your perch, stunned and interrupted by a pissed off hybrid jug wit an endless supply of medpacks. If you try and spend the whole game on your perch chances are I'll make sure you spend the whole game in the pit ;)

This is my favorite kind of QQ.

I love playing Huttball for this very reason. If I'm playing my Jugg and Push is available, someone is going into the fire. If on my PT and Grapple is ready, someone is going into the acid. More often than not, I'll even let you get a few shots in before I /laugh and send you on your way to insta-death. There's nothing better.

Wait...there is. Having the same player get pissy and seeking me out for some revenge. Guess where they're headed?

Re: Huttball

Gimmicks are cheap. You wanna stand up there and spam the fire trap? Time to stop confusing gimmicks with skill. Bring three healers so no one can die then spam the same tricks over and over? You're not playing Huttball you're playing "fire trap".

Maybe they should make a new warzone called fire trap where the whole objective is to see how many people you can pull into the fire. You can spam but you can't play Huttball.

Take away the immorto-heals and you lose 0-6. Take away the random extra healer in your que and you've got no game. Because you can spam all you want but you have no idea how to play the dynamic game of Huttball.

To me a game based on gimmicks is no game at all. A strategy based on gimmicks is no strategy at all. A win based on gimmicks is no win at all.

I hate spawning into your gimmick team and I hate seeing what crap you turn this game into from either side.

You ruin my game, I'll ruin your game. I'll pick out which one of you I hate the most and make your game a living hell. But you deserve worse.

CFTBLY.

So you have the Huttball annoucer on mute when waiting for the force shield to drop?

Try listening to him again. The only thing you can't do is kick the ball because Hutts don't have feet.

I agree with the no skill.

(Truth) I choked when I read your post, in fact Im still rollin here. Sorry man but I gotta laugh after how many times I get CC'ed with the same ol' crap over and over. I usually get one that does it, and I make it a point to take them out for the rest of the match. Dont let it ruin your game bro...

Theres always gonna be that one thing that drives you nuts in a MMO. But anything goes in Huttball :)

Interesting thread, I enjoy the posts from the vendetta gang who announce they are going to be "going after" the gimmick spammer for the rest of the game.

While I have sometimes reacted to what I felt was griefing in pvp, over the years my self control has improved. I mostly prefer to play well rather than be suckered into over reaction.

Edited by Elkirin

Some guys call the player standing up there pulling people in firetraps an unskilled player, others will call it a good defender if he is on their team :)

Everyone has been given the same utility, you can group up easily with up to 3 friends. Anyone not using the tools that are given to them is just a foolish player. If the guy that is standing up there is annoying you, deal with him I'd say instead of whining about it.

How anyone can think that an almost guaranteed kill every 45 seconds is either "just what the devs planned" or has anything to do with fairplay is beyond me... You win by using a cheap, three gcd one trick kill, gratualtions, this is obviously in the spirit of the game, after all, we are playing "abuse the rules".

How anyone can think that an almost guaranteed kill every 45 seconds is either "just what the devs planned" or has anything to do with fairplay is beyond me... You win by using a cheap, three gcd one trick kill, gratualtions, this is obviously in the spirit of the game, after all, we are playing "abuse the rules".

Doesn't sound entirely dissimilar to a pyro spec pyrotech rotation to be honest... :p

Re: Huttball

Gimmicks are cheap. You wanna stand up there and spam the fire trap? Time to stop confusing gimmicks with skill. Bring three healers so no one can die then spam the same tricks over and over? You're not playing Huttball you're playing "fire trap".

Maybe they should make a new warzone called fire trap where the whole objective is to see how many people you can pull into the fire. You can spam but you can't play Huttball.

Take away the immorto-heals and you lose 0-6. Take away the random extra healer in your que and you've got no game. Because you can spam all you want but you have no idea how to play the dynamic game of Huttball.

To me a game based on gimmicks is no game at all. A strategy based on gimmicks is no strategy at all. A win based on gimmicks is no win at all.

I hate spawning into your gimmick team and I hate seeing what crap you turn this game into from either side.

You ruin my game, I'll ruin your game. I'll pick out which one of you I hate the most and make your game a living hell. But you deserve worse.

CFTBLY.

Fire trap is ok. some classes can live through it. some players can go ahead and get your pass.

you live like noob. you QQ like noob. you will die like noob.

On one hand you're complaining about immortal healers, on the other hand complaining about the fire.

Pulling people in the fire is one of the best ways to stop the "immortal healing" train from going off, those "gimmicks" help you counter their strategy.

If I'm sitting on the fire near your goal line, waiting for you to go for the green heal so I can pull you up and into the fire trap to score, or even if I'm waiting near the first fire to pull you when you try to get away with the ball, it's your problem if you don't know how to use LoS to stop that.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

It's not often that I lol at how ridiculous a post is, but pulling into a fire is cheap? Often in high level play a jugg/guardian will have 2 healers following him and people getting ahead of him for him to jump to. Most often the only way to stop this setup from scoring is to pull the guy who went ahead of him for the jump into the fire, or to eventually pull the jugg/guardian into the fire. If you try to kill his healers first, by the time they die he will have scored. If you try to kill him straight up, you won't kill him because of his healers. So what's left? Either stunning him in the fire or pulling him in the fire.

I can't count how many goals I've denied the other team by using well timed pulls and stuns. I can't count how many goals I've also scored by pulling the enemy ball handler into the fire pit that is nearest to THEIR goal line and then stunning them in that fire, and using a simple force speed to run to their goal line. So you see OP, the ones pulling others into the fire are not idiots or bads. The ones who denounce fire pulling and using the environment to gain an advantage are the ones that are truly bad.

"How about "I force push people into the fire trap because it's fun." You remember fun right? Of course not, because according to you, video games aren't about FUN, they're about SKILL for big tough manly men like YOU! RAAAGH! MANLY MAAAAN!

*sighs* Bads have ruined this game. You're really complaining about firetraps and being pulled into them? If you aren't a ballcarrier, being pulled into a firetrap is a dumb move on the pullers part usually.

That is not always the case. If I see a sorc/sage getting into position to pull the carrier ahead I will pull them into the fire or off the top platforms. Same goes for if the team has a jugg/guardian running the ball I will pull anyone up there that he can jump to. Now if there are multiple enemies ahead then yes I will save my pull for the ball carrier.

That is not always the case. If I see a sorc/sage getting into position to pull the carrier ahead I will pull them into the fire or off the top platforms. Same goes for if the team has a jugg/guardian running the ball I will pull anyone up there that he can jump to. Now if there are multiple enemies ahead then yes I will save my pull for the ball carrier.

Maybe you missed the "usually" part at the end there.

Maybe you missed the "usually" part at the end there.

Nope did not miss that. Usually implies something that is frequently done to which I responded that is not the case. In a normal match I may only pull the ball carrier once or twice with the majority of my time spent on defense is keeping the top clear of enemies.

Nope did not miss that. Usually implies something that is frequently done to which I responded that is not the case. In a normal match I may only pull the ball carrier once or twice with the majority of my time spent on defense is keeping the top clear of enemies.

Alright professor. Though I don't recall mentioning what Cycao did in the situation, but rather how it should be handled.

Edited by Derian

Did you read the OP? He was talking about people doing nothing BUT standing and pulling into the fire, and yes if you do that then you lack skill imo as its ineffective way to spend your time in Huttball, regardless of how many kills you get. So learn to read and save your indignation for a situation that deserves it.

Lol.. So you are telling that you/he are doing nothing but beholding the lone «pullers»?

Or how else can you tell that they «stand there all the game»?