Rate yourself and be honest, How do you play an MMO ??

Nippon

Thats soccer.

Football starts this weekend. :cool:

Football refers to a number of sports that involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot to score a goal. The most popular of these sports worldwide is Association Football, more commonly known as just "football" or "soccer". Unqualified, the word football applies to whichever form of football is the most popular in the regional context in which the word appears, including association football, as well as American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union[1] and other related games. These variations of Football are known as Football codes.

A game known as "football" was played in Scotland as early as the 15th century: it was prohibited by the Football Act 1424 and although the law fell into disuse it was not repealed until 1906. There is evidence for schoolboys playing a "football" ball game in Aberdeen in 1633 (some references cite 1636) which is notable as an early allusion to what some have considered to be passing the ball. The word "pass" in the most recent translation is derived from "huc percute" (strike it here) and later "repercute pilam" (strike the ball again) in the original Latin. It is not certain that the ball was being struck between members of the same team.

In 1869, the first game played in the United States under rules based on the FA code occurred, between Princeton and Rutgers. This is also often considered to be the first U.S. game of college football, in the sense of a game between colleges (although the eventual form of American football would come from rugby, not association football).

Effectively making Football as known throughout the world, what you call soccer

And American football as known throughout the world as Padded Rugby...

:)

Just saying.

Keep them coming guys...:D

Edited by Nippon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Starts up his typing fingures and lets the noobness begin!*

Captains log star date who gives a damn.

To start of were I should begin to my long tale was quite simple really.

As a child I would always dream about Star Wars and be like.

Girlll... It would be awsome to acually live it in real life.

On those hot summer and warmy nights feeling the breese in my face.

Looking up at the stars saying what if... what if...

In some particular time warp universe this is all happening right now.

And we are only seeing a fraction of what its like to have these games.

I mean it would be awsome to have a light saber and go out there in the galaxy.

Saving people from the Sith or the Imperials and slashing shiz up like crazy.

But then it all comes back to "I sure hope I never get something severed."

Say like an arm or my head that would be freaky yo.

Then all of a sudden ever since SWGs came out I was like my god!

We can finally live our fantasies after all untill it got the can and then here we are in Swtor.

To tell you ppl the truth I never knew how to rate myself in mmos as my brain compacity probally couldint take it.

As a matter of fact the only real logical explanation to ever think about was this.

What if I was a noob. Not saying that in a rude way but still. Could it be that I myself no longer care how pro or leet people make others out to be? Or maybe I just stop caring what I call myself and realise all my life no matter how hard you try to enjoy something so fantastic as this wonderful game there will always be those to conquer you in every single way known to man.

Of course as I'm still learning everything there is to know about all of this shiz as time goes on.

However I do enjoy spending my times on the fleet 24/7 rping like crazy and just chilling out with the comon folk if I were to ever get into raids and get super duper cool gear one day which I probally wont but that will be ballin.

One can only dream and hope. And when that time comes for me to ever start up raiding and shiz I will say ladies here I come get ready for the man with the plan!

*Ends star date log and goes back skipping through the fields of Tatooine singing shalalalalalala*

Edited by JoanThom

League 4ish until this past March when I found a great group and a great guild. I used to group with lots of people for heroics and occasionally FPs back in December, but my friends list eventually became busy with their own guilds and I was completely solo from about lvl 35-50.

Once I found a guild and a group to run with...well, by your chart, I'm Champion bordering on Premiere. Got to full Columi from 50 greens in 2 days, was at full Rakata within 3 weeks. Flew through EV and KP HMs 2-shotting everything the first weekend we tried, and hit a wall with Denova. It took us 2 weekends (4 days, 2 hrs each day) to get it all down and we moved straight to hard mode. Haven't cleared it yet, mainly because over the last several months, we've had a portion of the group trickle off due to real life stuff and Final Fantasy, of all things. Finally back to a stable group last weekend, got through 2nd boss in half Black Hole gear.

So, put it another way--I'm willing to be xtreeeme if I'm with great people and the time isn't over-the-top. But I like the story too.

Well its a mix of all of them except Premiership. I don't really care to be first or to min max. I have very little interest in grinding Ops and don't want to run them 3 to 4 times a week. I'm in no rush to get Ops gear although I will get the gear eventually.

On the flip side. If I'm working through a class quest, I'm a soloist. I want to run the content by myself. Don't feel the need to group even for tougher bosses or the end of Chapters. I'll even try to solo Heroics if possible and actually enjoy doing that as I have to get creative sometimes to clear them.

And yet, I love running HMs and Ops. And yes, some are on farm status. I'll pug or run them with guildies and focus on improving my gear and my skills as I progress.

In addition to that, I don't mind running low level fps to help guildies out and gain social points. I find that chatting and hanging out with no objective in mind lead to some great off the cuff mini "events" of my own. Datacron hunts, World Bosses, PvP, and some interesting exploring (sneaking into an Imp bases, looting chests in Imp territory, etc.)

I really don't have a favorite mode. It all depends on what I'm doing that day. I'd say... If I had to pick one... maybe somewhere between League 1 and Championship. But it still doesn't seem to describe how I play.

Championship = Casual but borderline Die Hard, Want good Gear and to compete in End Game but will wait longer to get it, still a frequent player, Like good gear. Min Max eventually. Serious but want fun as well, Love group content.

That's what describes me best I think. I play a lot and want to min/max my gear, but I'm not concerned with being the first to clear content.

I would classify myself as Championship. I want to complete all of the hardest content in the game and enjoy doing so. Timing of it (world or server firsts) doesn't matter to me as long as I have the personal and guild accomplishment of having completed the content.

I don't particularly "like" min/maxing, but I do it anyway to ensure that the above can be achieved.

I don't care about PvP at all. I play it occasionally for a break, but I am seriously casual about it.

I am not sure.

Will likely min/max eventually for PvP gear, but probably not the endgame PvE stuff.

Casual gamer. On somewhat regularly at times, but no set schedule.

Play solo mostly, but can be cohersed into joining a group to help others run a quest. Likely nothing too serious as I won't be PvE geared.

League 1 = Happy with Getting End Game done, Like End Game gear but will settle for second rate, Not to fussed about having the best stuff. But like Endgame, will take a back seat. Casual, fun, serious if I have to be.

That would be the closest one.

I move at the pace of my guild. I "fill in" what the guild needs. Hence I aaalways end up rolling support characters (heals/tanks) and is always left with empty pockets providing the guild with my obsessive-compulsive altoholic crafting.

:jawa_angel:

Premiership = Die hard Raider, Have to Min Max Everything 2 weeks after new gear is released, Finish new OPS Flash-points on farm asap, Top rated in PVP. All the Best stuff. Serious gaming, Organised Raid teams.

Championship = Casual but borderline Die Hard, Want good Gear and to compete in End Game but will wait longer to get it, still a frequent player, Like good gear. Min Max eventually. Serious but want fun as well, Love group content.

League 1 = Happy with Getting End Game done, Like End Game gear but will settle for second rate, Not to fussed about having the best stuff. But like Endgame, will take a back seat. Casual, fun, serious if I have to be.

League 2 = Not bothered by End Game, will do Top level content as long as its easy going. Not fussed about OPS or Gear. Will just solo everything if i can, if i need a group, not bothered.

League 3 = Happy to just chat in Guild chat, General Chat, Like RPing and taking it totally easy, happy to just mull through the game. No interest in End Game at all.

League 4 = Complete Soloist, No interest in groups, no interest in Raid or Group content, Like the Game but want to get everything on my own. Dont feel i should have to group with anybody.

Just wanna get some feelers for the type of gamer's that are left in the community, I am imagining most Premiership players are long gone by now...

Id rate myself as....

Championship.

I think I have evolved over the years an years of MMO play into some new catagory, Veteran maybe?

I started WoW in the days of Attunements (still have my drakefire amulet), Earned PVP gear (still have a full set of Grandmarshall I earned at 60), When 40 man raiding was normal (yes i raided 40 man Naxx and BWL, MC) I was all into the hardcore scene spending weeks grindig rep just for the ability to enter a raid. I learned every possible thing about my class, did the whole spreadsheets of what gear combo/ rotation worked best on what type of fight..yada yada yada..

When 40 mans and attunements went away and suddenly everyone was epic'ed out, I gave up raiding on the hardcore level, burned through the BC content got my warglaives, and focused on alts. During wrath content had again "dumbed down" and finished all that content about 6 months before cata dropped, so i suspended my wow account because nothing left to do. Cata dropped and I played that, but again it had beed dumbed down so even my grandma could play it ( and she is 90 lol) I stopped raiding completely about the time the LFR patch dropped because people who "learned to raid" in LFR refused to learn fight mechanics, not to mention the raids in Cata were horribly designed. I cancled my wow account once again.

I tried other games, Diablo 3 should have been a console game not a psuedo MMO.(hated it). Tried final fantasy, meh just not me. Bought Swtor about 4 months ago and I like it so far, yes there are some problems with it, but i really like the story element cut scenes, and the instanced story areas.. Im pretty much a lone wolf now, and am enjoying the story of SWTOR, and not being on tight schedules of one of a progression raiding guild like in wow. Gaming is fun again and not like a job.

so what kid of gamer would i rate myself?.... A long winded Veteran who has come full circle.

I dislike the implication that Roleplay automatically equates to ultra-casual, apathetic-to-content play. I don't know whether the scale given in the original post intended to come across as a judgement of relative merit, but it reads that way.

I know some RPers who are pretty hard-core about gear & endgame. But I know far, far more gung-ho gear-maxers who are dismissive of Roleplay entirely - odd in what is marketed as an RPG. What does that say about our community? To my thinking, nothing good.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a mixture of League 3 and Championship.

I love exploring the solo stuff doing ALL the quests and codex etc. But when it comes to op's i'm die hard, my raid group has cleared NIM EV and KP and now we clearing EC Story one shotting everything next week we doing HM EC so yeah when it comes to raids i'm hardcore.

Started as league 2 , with my operative healer, until most of my guildies went to play Diablo 3 or GW2 and also had to switch server as Hydian way was dead...

So now I ended up league 4 : mostly enjoying the story on my various alts and not really wanting to do operations or even a flashpoint.

I guess 5 years of semi hardcore raiding as healer in WoW have drained me and I can't handle the stress anymore :eek:

Edited by kalistea

League 3 fits me most closely. I'm a completionist by nature so I like to do every heroic mission or flashpoint as it comes along, even if it means going a bit out of my comfort zone and finding a PuG. I'm not too shy to look for people to join me. And I'll join up with groups if they are doing a quest I need too.

As for the social aspect, I like chatting with my guildmates or helping people out in the general chat if need be. Sometimes I'm a bit more antisocial. Just depends on my mood.

I'm definitely more casual and laidback overall when it comes to this game. I''m here for the story and the content. I'm here to have fun basically.

Would like to be League 1, but currently closer to League 3. Hoping to join a guild and get back into raiding once FTP hits and everything calms down. Already had one guild die on me, not wanting that to happen again. So currently guildless leveling alts with the husband, waiting and seeing how FTP will change things before jumping back into end game.

Used to be League 2, I'd say, but solidly League 1 currently, edging toward Championship (although that term is waaay too generous for my abilities, lol).

I'd say probably somewhere between League 1 and 2. I definitely want to get to the End Game (or End of Story) with all my characters and I enjoy doing group stuff along the way (HEROICS, AREAs) and play primarily with other people, but I'm not really into Ops or Flashpoints and I'm content to have at least one solo character to toodle along with as stress relief.

None of the above.

Love winning ( or die trying) at PvP in any format available, Love doing HMs because they have the word Hard in them. Happy to do every FP/raid and happy to pass on all rolls contested by anyone in the group in every game I have ever played, regardless of their real need for the gear. I Have gear only because it is collected while doing pvp, HMs, FPs etc.

Totally disinterested in Gear as a motivator, play between 6-12 hours a day to pass the time. If I wanted/needed or was driven by gear, I would be in the game that is best designed to meet that addiction.

I think I am in the lawn bowls league.

I love seeing other people in the world who are like me. 1 in a million seems like sometimes. I've only gone up to Columi and BH gear cuz I really don't care much about raids, never have the time for them anyhow. PVP is fun too, but I usually just play the game to have fun fartin around on the fleet and doin whatever seems like fun for the day.