Rate yourself and be honest, How do you play an MMO ??

Nippon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a mix of Championship, League 1, League 2, League 3 and League 4.

I love to RP. I love to do group content. I love to try stuff solo. I love to raid, but not in the extremely hardcore raid groups; I care nothing for server/world firsts. I believe in casual raiding: raiding is not the meaning of the game, but for the three hours or so two nights a week when we are raiding, you are expected to be on the ball, paying attention and doing your best. Same with flashpoints; I'm all about having fun, but when you're on the group's time, respect it and make sure the fun doesn't interfere with the goal of the group.

Really, I identify with all of your classifications (with the exception of the first) in some way.

League 1, I do use the LFG tool quite a lot but I use it for fun as much as for gear. I take my role serious but dont mind if people watch cut scenes or want to do bonus missions. I do some occasional ops and lots of heroics.

Im not after the best gear in the game, I just want it to be good enough to do my part in a party or be competitive in PvP.

I occasionally threaten to kick people (for instance when a tank refuses to attack a mob first) and might have some snappy remarks in such a situation but I rarely actually kick people (unless someone is purposely disruptive).

4 pages so far and the general consensus is on Championship, League 1 with a bit of League 4.......

Keep them coming....

And please do as others and choose more than One League if that is your gaming desire, lets try and get a good solid knowledge of what people expect in the game, and what they like to play.

Between Championship and League 1.

I'm the one who puts blue augments in my gear instead of purple because it's so much cheaper, and I don't think those extra 2 points of power are worth 90K more. I also cut corners on my gear, for example, having some dps pieces in my healing set because I don't want two separate sets if it will hardly make a difference. I also think most of the legacy perks are waaay too expensive to be worth it, so most I haven't bought.

But I still want to be able to do all the content. I also like numbers and enjoy parsing my dps.

I do like to gear my companions and try to solo group content to test myself. I find it fun and rewarding, but ultimately I'm into grouping with others. I like both PVP and PVE. I also like dueling when I can get it. I guess you could say I'm a very well-rounded player.

Edited by Stenrik

League 3.5

Mainly solo, but accept to group with guildmates (when i have a guild) but never ask to group. I do a lot of PvP which can be considered as a group content, even if I queue solo 95% of the time (the remaining 5% are the guild grouping asks)

Edited by Altheran

League 1 or 2

I run 4-5 Group Finder HM Flashpoints per week, but have only run EV/KP about 3 times each. I have not even touched the other Operations...

I hesitate to run the advanced Ops because I both want to make sure my gear is nearly all BH (so I don't get any complaints) and that I have at least a 3 hour time block where I will not be interrupted (in case it takes a few PUG party wipes to finish :) I will get there some day...

League 4. Easily.

Been subbed since December 13 & have never grouped with anyone.

I enjoy playing my MMOs as persistent online single-player games.

Yeah I started off somewhere between Premiership and Championship, but since my guild quit and I found myself on a dead server I basically just started playing it like an Elder Scrolls single player game..... and it's ok as that.

Even when they merged servers I'm still doing more or less the same thing (although largely because I know there's nothing really to progress at L50 in PvE or PvP).

League 1, I enjoy raiding too but i dont have to run Nightmare mode every week. Im happy when I can say I've been there, I've seen it. And I have to say I love pvp untill it stays non-gear based so pre-50 here is gd example because skill and tactic thinking rly means a difference instead of 4 hits WH - recruit kill. And I have BM/WH geared main :p

Between Premiership and Championship

I focus on endgame. I raid 2-3 times a week. I min-max. I pvp and am generally good at it. I want to be the best. However, I'm also quite lazy and only really play for fun. So, my existing gear is all min-maxed, but its not best in slot because I can't be bothered to do my daily group finder all the time as its dull. I have 6 warhero pieces, but since 1.3 my interest in pvp has waned so I've stopped doing it as much. I've cleared 3/4 of EC HM, but we only have 1 progression raid a week.

I'd say League 1 is probably closest. I want to do End Game stuff and get gear (Guild isn't big enough and there's no recruiting going on). I know I'm not the best but I'm very good overall. I do prefer the Guild Wars style though where you don't have to grind for gear and you just do stuff for possibly a cool weapon skin, achievement, or just for fun

I have 21 PCs. I do different things with different PCs. I guess I have one wanna be "championship" (but not there yet), some number of league 1s and 2s, and a bunch of league 4s. When transfers started I had 17 PCs for one target server. Not gonna fit in 8 slots. So now I have a bunch of 4s on super-dead servers, with crafters of each type and they supply items for each other.

I was thinking to try another kind of solo at some point soon. No support from alts and wear nothing but grey gear. Just to see how far I could get. Has anyone done that? Can we have a new category for that called "Lunatic"?