[1.3.5 Patch] BUG - Colonel Vorgath

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed. It only took them 1 hr 24 minutes to go from "investigating" to "bug confirmed."

This is why the QA testing is subpar, apparently. It takes them about 1 1/2 hours just to clear from T&Z to Colonel ;)

I do not understand why did they decide to fix something that wasn't broken, and by 'fixing' it they actually broke it.

They did have issues. If you started the channel shortly before the next square was defused, and did not get the next droid unstealthed before the square went green you would get yanked back to the tower

intermittantly you would teleport down in holo mode and be unable to move

even with the last patch where the probes were always supposed to aggro and engage when de-stealthed. if they were just outside 30 yards away from the edge of the closest green square they would still at times just sit there and stare at you.

If you never encountered them, consider yourself lucky.

Their patches have been pretty good overall. This is an exception. For a game where patches break everything, give EverQuest a try.

we will not remember the rollback to pre 1.2 the day after 1.2 ..

also we will not remember the months of "solutions" for the pylons in EV

i think its pretty crap that something that should make it reliable (no id why even, it was good for months), totaly broke it

this means there is 0.0 testing

Edited by jersyiii

This is why you never Raid on a patch day, does 10+ years of MMO history teach you nothing?

Agreed. Have not raided on patch day for 7 years.

BUT, this shows either the changes did not go through QA or their QA dept is incompetent. Either answer is bad news for keeping and growing players.

Looks like this patch also introduced some issues into the group finder. Keeps bugging out after joining a SM ops group continuously asking you if you want to travel even though your already inside the instance. Not game breaking but very annoying. Also after completing the operation everyone left the instance. Couple people bailed on group. 3 minutes later I left and ended up getting locked out out the group finder.

Ive said this a million times when other horrible patches like this have been put out and ill say it again. FIRE EVERY ONE OF YOUR TESTERS AND HIRE SOME COMPETENT PEOPLE. That is all.

EDIT: Didnt get my weekly comms from that run either. Though I dont think thats a new bug.

Edited by Fossman

I'm impressed. It only took them 1 hr 24 minutes to go from "investigating" to "bug confirmed."

This is why the QA testing is subpar, apparently. It takes them about 1 1/2 hours just to clear from T&Z to Colonel ;)

Haha. Even my guild can do that!

we will not remember the rollback to pre 1.2 the day after 1.2 ..

also we will not remember the months of "solutions" for the pylons in EV

i think its pretty crap that something that should make it reliable (no id why even, it was good for months), totaly broke it

this means there is 0.0 testing

/Agreed

1.3.5 •Using the probe launcher in Denova Minefield now reveals probes more consistently

•Group leaders are now notified if they cannot queue the group for a replacement due to group members being offline.

1.3.0a

•Ballistic and Knockback effects no longer occasionally de-sync the character's location, which could cause characters to not interact properly with the world (such as being able to be hit by melee attacks when the character appeared to be out of range).

No note, items already with augments had incorrect augment level. One of the major features of the patch.

•During the encounter with Firebrand and Stormcaller, the Shield Generators will no longer be susceptible to procs from Relics.

•After defeating Firebrand and Stormcaller, players now collect rewards from the Firebrand Battle Tank rather than a loot chest. - broke the chest AFTER F&S.

•A fix for some causes of players becoming stuck dead in Warzones has been implemented, though the issue may still rarely occur. - Ya. still happens. Didn't see a decrease in this.

•Kephess now uses the Gift of the Masters ability during 16-player Hard Mode. - This VERY important Ops fix only took 3 weeks. And then broke the ability in other ways.

That's just a small sampling of patch notes since the "Patch of Death" that either were totally wrong, or made the situation worse. This is only taken from obvious PvP instances or "progression" style Ops stuff. I don't know how many other group finder/quests/etc have similar situation.

This ISN'T including the numerous Soa, Pylons, missing person in Ops frames, etc bugs that have been in since day one and either were never fixed, fixed and made worse, claim to be fixed, etc. So pretty much every patch with more than 2 or 3 notes has something that is either 1) incorrect or 2) breaks what it is intended to fix even further. And when these things happen, it usually seems to take 3 or 4 weeks to 'fix' (matrix cubes, Kephess HM, etc.) Ya. Awesome. I'm feeling really good about the chances of this being fixed quickly. I'm sure rolling back the code to this AM would have been a HORRIBLE idea......

We saw the same problem today... And four of our guild said 'enough' and aren't returning. Off to GW2... They keep saying: "Everytime they mess with something to fix it, they break it even worse, don't test it and often break two other things to go along with it..."

And I have to agree. I want this game to succeed so badly but developers are forcing it to fail, especially for PVE'ers.

This is why you never Raid on a patch day, does 10+ years of MMO history teach you nothing?

the only issue with this is if no one raids on patch day how will we find the bugs, plus when ppl do start to raid say the day after patch the bugs will be found then, and take even longer to fix.. it would be a never ending circle.

The only way to not have bugs come out after patch is to keep the PTR up all the time with the patches going there first in the hope that the bugs they cant find will be found before patch day.

I am sure the rest of the community would appreciate knowning when the fix will be going in so we can arrange our OP's teams. gets difficult to run all OPs when some of them require Alts to be in. I am sure those BH coms we got will not make up for having lost a whole week of raiding.

Made my day! :)

HAHAHA

ONLY ONE END GAME RAID AND YOU BREAK IT LEAVING YOUR PLAYER BASE WITH NOTHING AT ALL TO DO.

This is why you are going FTP. This is why you are losing your job. This is why you are the joke of the industry. MMOs have failed before, but no MMO has ever DESERVED to fail as much as SW:TOR.

Edited by lexiekaboom

this just reinforces everyone's suspicions that you do in fact bioware, DO NOT TEST YOUR CONTENT AT ALL!!!!

because if you truly did actually test it, a bug THIS obvsious should not slip through. same with the matrix cube bug -.-:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Edited by Dampeer

So, doesn't look like emergency maintenance tonight, which means it's tomorrow night at the earliest (no way they delete EU prime time), which also means the two busiest raid nights have been completely lost. This is really an unmitigated disaster, as everyone who runs operations knows about this now, or will tomorrow. PTS up for every patch going forward. I will test it. For free.

How did this happened?. I mean...NONE of your QA teams tried to run the instance?, not even once?. Are you so blindly confident that you don't test the fixes you apply and just push them live?.

C'mon guys...I can understand one of those weird bugs that only happen when the stars align, but this?...this is a mistake people gets fired for.

It just worries me that you would do something like this. It shows the disregard you have for your paying customers and the quality of your product.

Anyone running this instance, just 1 time, would have noticed this bug. You don't have to do miracles to see it.

HAHAHA

ONLY ONE END GAME RAID AND YOU BREAK IT LEAVING YOUR PLAYER BASE WITH NOTHING AT ALL TO DO.

This is why you are going FTP. This is why you are losing your job. This is why you are the joke of the industry. MMOs have failed before, but no MMO has ever DESERVED to fail as much as SW:TOR.

lol EC is not the only end game raid. there is also eternity vault and karraga's palace. aboth with 3 diffiiculties.

and onto the issue at hand. i have never had any problems with probes so its beyond me why bioware decided to fix something that was not broken to begin with. sure they may have been some issues but if e could role back the patchh that broke it we would take it. they altered somethnig that didnt need it and they break it completely. and so far looks like there wont even be a patch tomorrow to fix it which is a shame because after having to stop story mode at this bug looks like tomorrows hm run wont be happening.

put it simply if it working dont fix it. if u need to fix it test it. if u aint testing it. dont deploy it. this is why subs are dropping rapidly. and i have been a big defender of this game since launch and its issues but after 6-7 months u really should have learnt this stuff and hard defend such things which shouldnt really happen after this time.ill continue subbing coz i love the game but your loyal fans and people who really love this game can only take so much of this stuff before they say. its not worth it even for F2P.

p.s please bioware by urselfs out of ea before they do to you wot they have done to alot of good companys. RUIN THEM. then dissolve them. since ea brought u quality has been decreasing ME2 ME3 dragon age 2 and now this. i dont blame bioware for this i blame ea for the obviously rushed release date jsut so they could make money earlier before its ready.

please please please sort it out asap and learn from your mistakes before u have no subscribers. would hate to see wot excluding the bugs and they mistakes/**** ups is generally a good game dont wanna see it die but more of these kind of things and sadly it will people can only tolerate this stuff so much before they have had enough

The rate they are going, I think they would probally take out that boss altogether, hahahahaha... I just don't understand, they expect people to pay for these contents? What are thing smoking? They never listen to players, they don't know what we want and they expect to gain more players with F2P business model? Get your stuff together BW then the players would be happy to come back to your game. Right now, your game is BROKEN.

And I would say that this is the one end game raid that we still have that poses a bit of a challenge, and also the one ops that drops gear that people that can do it needs.

The rate they are going, I think they would probally take out that boss altogether, hahahahaha... I just don't understand, they expect people to pay for these contents? What are thing smoking? They never listen to players, they don't know what we want and they expect to gain more players with F2P business model? Get your stuff together BW then the players would be happy to come back to your game. Right now, your game is BROKEN.

And I would say that this is the one end game raid that we still have that poses a bit of a challenge, and also the one ops that drops gear that people that can do it needs.

and that is the problem

and that is the problem

From what ive read online in some articles they basically blame the players for the state the game is in now.

Mainly: http://blogs.bettor.com/Anonymous-Bioware-Insider-blames-fans-for-SWTOR-Video-Games-Update-a173317

If you have not read that article I would suggest giving it a read. Pretty funny really. The game would be doing better if they actually TESTED patches before releasing them. Or if the dev team was more active within the community. Or for that matter if any of the devs actually played the freaking game :rolleyes:

Edited by Fossman

How did this happened?. I mean...NONE of your QA teams tried to run the instance?, not even once?. Are you so blindly confident that you don't test the fixes you apply and just push them live?.

Option 1: they have laid off so many that BW doesn't have 8 people to get an internal group together to test it. So they had to push it to live and hope for the best. When the bug was reported, the one QA guy left had to join some random PuG group to confirm the bug existed.

Option 2: QA is incompetent and SHOULD be laid off.