[1.3.5 Patch] BUG - Colonel Vorgath

I takes 2 days to fix a problem where there wasn't a problem in the first place.

2 nights of raiding gone. Thanks dev team.

So you'd prefer that they take 20 minutes to implement a fix they "hope" works? Wasn't the problem that they didn't to enough testing the first time around? You want them to take even less time for testing this time?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! We will be deploying a patch tomorrow morning to fix this issue and ensure that the Probe Droids will appear as intended. We appreciate your reports and understanding.

:ph_thank_you:

Did you grab 8 people from the office to verify the issue was fixed by running the encounter? I mean, you did test it this time, right? Not trying to be too hard on you, but if this doesn't go according to plan...

hhmmm, seems like this biggest issue(s) are in end game.

Here is an idea for a F2P model;

Pay to Play from levels 15 - 49

This is most of the content

This is a large amount of in-game time

Great story that will suck people in to the game

Pay to do the grind for Daily Comms

No new patching/programming required

Free to Play from levels 1 - 15

This is a small amount of in-game time

Great story that will suck people in to the game

Give people new to the game time to try it out to level 15

No new patching/programming required

Free to Play from level 50

This is the least amount of new content

This is a small amount of in-game time per day/week

Allows for a GF HM FP per day

Allows for a raid or two a week

Stops having raiders pay for F2P accounts

Some patching/programming required

Allow us the choice to pay for bugs and bug fixes

For those that want new content; look forward to 28 Aug as a whole new range of content will be coming out - story, servers, zones, gear, instances, raids, etc - on the famous F2P model. It will be called Guild Wars 2.

I am a big Star Wars fan, like most people playing SWTOR, I also very much dislike fantasy, also like most people playing SWTOR, but the issues are getting to be game-breakers. I ask BW to help keep me from leaving a game/galaxy I enjoy very much.

For those that want new content; look forward to 28 Aug as a whole new range of content will be coming out - story, servers, zones, gear, instances, raids, etc - on the famous F2P model. It will be called Guild Wars 2.

Great idea except that the story sucks, all of the gear is the same stat wise as soon as you hit level cap and the only thing you could consider a raid in that game are the zergfest "dynamic" events, everything else is ether PvWD, PvP or 5 man content. Its also not free to play since you have to pay a premium price for the box and server access.

Edited by The-Vortex

Great idea except that the story sucks, all of the gear is the same stat wise as soon as you hit level cap and the only thing you could consider a raid in that game are the zergfest "dynamic" events, everything else is ether PvWD, PvP or 5 man content. Its also not free to play since you have to pay a premium price for the box and server access.

The fact that gear is all the same stat wise is only a good thing.

Grow up man, they got something out in 48 hours.

We live in a results based society. Doing your best simply isn't good enough if people are paying you a lot of money to provide a service. None of this should have happened in the first place. The carelessness and general lack of competence by the developers at testing their own game is pathetic. Could this have gone worse? Yes. But that doesn't make it okay. And it doesn't make the people in this thread immature for being angry about it.

Edited by LKaras

I paid less for GW2 then I did for SWTOR.

Digital Delux was 79.99 same a swtor.

I bought the CE for swtor which with tax and delivery costed me 160 bucks.

I don't plan to spend another cent for GW2. So pound for pound GW2 is a better deal even if SWTOR was free to download.

Edited by ZORG

Did you grab 8 people from the office to verify the issue was fixed by running the encounter? I mean, you did test it this time, right? Not trying to be too hard on you, but if this doesn't go according to plan...

/Agree

I hope someone in QA got ***** slapped for this one!

The fact that gear is all the same stat wise is only a good thing.

I'm sceptical, without incremental stat increases you eventually lose a sense of progression once you hit max level and once you lose that sense of progression people start to get bored, once people get bored people quit. Now this may not be that big of an issue for arena net since guild wars 2 doesn't have a sub, but they need players to spend money on the cash shop, less players = less money from said shop. At the end of the day, the RPG genre at its core is about character development and progression, why should mmorpg's be different? I guess I'm just one of the few people that actually likes the "gear treadmill" as it gives me a reason to keep logging into the game once I've cleared a dungeon a couple of times.

But anyway, finally remembered what I came here to post: I just hope that this new fix has actually been properly tested for once. How an issue like this got through in the first place is beyond me. Do none of the developers or testers actually play the game?

I paid less for GW2 then I did for SWTOR.

Digital Delux was 79.99 same a swtor.

I bought the CE for swtor which with tax and delivery costed me 160 bucks.

I don't plan to spend another cent for GW2. So pound for pound GW2 is a better deal even if SWTOR was free to download.

You're charged for all content updates in ArenaNet games; so unless you will forever be happy for what you get on day 1, I wouldn't get ahead of yourself.

Hello everyone! We will be deploying a patch tomorrow morning to fix this issue and ensure that the Probe Droids will appear as intended. We appreciate your reports and understanding.

While I am happy to see a patch coming outside of the normal maintenance window, at some point, it would also be nice if someone at BW could actually say "we're sorry" for patching the live server with such an obvious problem. Remember, this is the ONLY operation that matters to a large percentage of your (remaining) players.

It wasn't reported as a "bug" in the patch notes, the patch notes read in a way that they were trying to make things easier for those that were having trouble with it. Who cares if you can access the button at that time?, it doesn't mean you have to press it. Does the fact that I can walk on a red square before it turns green mean that it is a "bug" that I get blown up?

Like I have stated in many of my prior posts, Bioware has been "dumbing down" mechanics for those that could not accomplish what others seem to have no problem with.

Are you even going to deny that this is the only trend we can associate with this company at the present time? Did you not read all of the previous patch notes that reduced the difficulty of ALL hard mode flashpoints in previous patches.

I have cleared that instance dozens of times. I am not the first, nor have I claim to clearing the most, I am sure. Keep trying to convince yourself that it was a justified complaint, because the evidence to the contrary is staggering.

I have never seen any of these supposed bugs you claim in your post. I guess there is an extreme off chance that I was lucky. I am leaning toward you complaining about things that are avoidable if you have timing and communication with your group.

I did not comment to you in regards to any statement other than your reply to me. You are the one who decided to start calling people names and generally being uncivil. I agree they have been dumbing down the instances, for better or worse. I myself like a challenge, but with groupfinder there are days it is nice some parts are now easier due to whom you get in the Lotto.

The patch notes said using the probe launcher reveals the probes more reliably. Nothing to indicate easier, faster, etc. Reads to me like they were trying to fix a bug, even though they failed. I can understand if you have never seen a bug type problem where it could be interpreted differently.

For the three items I listed in my original post, only the first one could -maybe- be considered a mechanic fail. The reason I pool it in as a bug is because the reaction that occurs acts out like it is not the intended program flow to my observation as a programmer. I could be 100% wrong, only the Devs know for sure and I doubt they will ever tell us.

The other two are 100% bug land. If you have never had them happen, cheers. My group has had them happen a few times each over the course of 40-50 probe summons in our 10 or 11 kills of the minesweeper boss.

Given they chose to react to the issue, I can only guess they have gotten a fair amount of tickets on the subject.

What understanding? I cannot see any understanding nor you deserve any. Get your QA back to work.

There's no need for that kind of rudeness. It's one thing to be angry but quite another to be obtuse.

Edited by JamieM

There's no need for that kind of rudeness. It's one thing to be angry but quite another to be obtuse.

Well in my opinion hypocrisy is rude and disrespectful so please don't lecture me how to be polite. When people obviously don't understand this incompetence (lack of basic content testing) and don't approve shifting priorities to free-to-play legacy content why pretend it's different.

So I stand by what i said. They deserve no understanding and the QA should get back to work.

Edited by vandana_

Well in my opinion hypocrisy is rude and disrespectful so please don't lecture me how to be polite. When people obviously don't understand this incompetence (lack of basic content testing) and shifting priorities to free-to-play legacy content why pretend it's different.

So I stand by what i said. They deserve no understanding and the QA should get back to work.

Ordering people who don't even work for you back to work isn't just rude, it's ridiculous. Plus it achieves nothing but contempt. Keep adopting that attitude in life and see how far it gets you.

Ordering people who don't even work for you back to work isn't just rude, it's ridiculous. Plus it achieves nothing but contempt. Keep adopting that attitude in life and see how far it gets you.

A business' purpose is to make money from its customers. In a sense that means Bioware works for its customers including me. And as a customer I refuse to be treated with this level of hypocrisy.

What really matters here is that proper Quality Testing is ensured. We can keep talking of how to be nice to each other in life while bugged content is released. If Bioware is even remotely professional I'm sure they won't cry over me being rude but get this QA team going.

Nothing shuts up "haters" better than quality work and professional approach.

Edited by vandana_

A business' purpose is to make money from its customers. In a sense that means Bioware works for its customers including me. And as a customer I refuse to be treated with this level of hypocrisy.

What really matters here is that proper Quality Testing is ensured. We can keep talking of how to be nice to each other in life while bugged content is released. If Bioware is even remotely professional I'm sure they won't cry over me being rude but get this QA team going.

Nothing shuts up "haters" better than quality work and professional approach.

No it doesn't. EA and Bioware most certainly do not work for you, not in any sense. You need to get that mentality out of your head. They may give the impression that they do this for the fans and the old BioWare may have done so, but now that they are part of EA this is not the case. They work for their shareholders by putting out a product that customers are willing to pay for. All I'm saying is there are ways and means of complaining. One such way is just cancelling your sub and telling EA why you are doing so. Another less impactful way is making a post here. But being rude just for the sake of it, without any form of clout behind you, will not do anything except make you look stupid.

Edited by JamieM

But being rude just for the sake of it, without any form of clout behind you, will not do anything except make you look stupid.

Well, I can see I managed to hurt your feelings since you can't help lecturing me. So I'm sorry.

Edited by vandana_