World Event? Yes/No?

Skagerberg

I recall reading from some Dev or spokesperson that it would be in August.

I suspect if GW2 is launching later this month, they're holding that back until the GW2 launch to compete. Doesn't make much sense to blow your event early in the month so everyone can complete it, then go to the new game when it launches.

I suspect if GW2 is launching later this month, they're holding that back until the GW2 launch to compete. Doesn't make much sense to blow your event early in the month so everyone can complete it, then go to the new game when it launches.

So, that those players who are going to play GW2 miss it and have then just one more reason not to come back to SWTOR, sounds pretty stupid to me if they would do it that way.

So, that those players who are going to play GW2 miss it and have then just one more reason not to come back to SWTOR, sounds pretty stupid to me if they would do it that way.

You wont miss it if you come back to play it, if those people were going to play GW2 anyway they would have earned nothing by giving people the event early, instead, by releasing the event after the GW2 launch they can attract those who want to play the event as well as play GW2

I recall some dev saying that we will have content updates month after month :rolleyes:

Can't tell if serious....

You do know how smart a move it is to do it this way right? The point is to not let people go to GW2 in the first place and make people stay here longer / come back for this event. :rolleyes:

100%.

You wont see anything until the week the GW2 launches, and then nothing until just before MoP drops...pretty standard mmo model.

However that's all pretty wishful thinking, assuming well get new content in back to back months would be staggering in its own right...HK and a world event maybe...but a major content patch I cant see till after F2p conversion

Ahh, a choice that finally has a consequence. Play GW2 and miss the live event here, or play the live event here and miss the early access for GW2. Ironic isn't it - we potentially have a choice in this game that has a viable and actual consequence and people complain. Perhaps I should say, typical.

BJ

One of the SWTTOR writers posted something vague on twitter, but then backtracked and said he would never announce the start of an event on twitter, that it was a just a preview of things to come later. Edited by Agarwaenn

Just poking my head in, heard rumors of a World Event from the community. Which of course is super unreliable, an event that comes in after todays patch.

Wanted to know if there was any truth to it?

The patch was the 25 comms and the pet. Haven't noticed anything else.

I think you people are going to be in for a huge disappointment when you realize that people will not be coming back to this game.

Do you honestly think a person who's sub expires is going to pony up 15 dollars for a world event?

The sub pop in this game is going to continue to fall.

I think you people are going to be in for a huge disappointment when you realize that people will not be coming back to this game.

Do you honestly think a person who's sub expires is going to pony up 15 dollars for a world event?

The sub pop in this game is going to continue to fall.

My cousin and my gf both subbed up for the ragy event so id say yes people will, they dont keep there subs up constantly and just put 30 days in when required as they are currently in beta testing for another EA game.

I think to many are thinking that the people who have unsubbed will never come back.

Edited by Shingara

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.