Advance Class Respec

OHMYZOD

They won't because they will lose more if they do.. Breaking the game is not a good way to make money.. The advent of the cash shops doesn't mean they are going to change fundemental mechanics of the game..

You all can believe what you want.. Reducing the number of clssses by half will kill the game..

As I have said.. This issue has been discussed countless times.. It is a dead horse at this point.. It isn't going to happen.. Cash store or not.. Allowing AC respecs will truely kill the game.. They will lose money if they allow it..

It wont kill the game. And it would not reduce reduce the class in half unless you intend to pay 15$ each time.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true... But the game is run by the majority of players.. Not the cash shop.. Most people don't want it.. See thread above..

Sorry this game is now run by the 40% who quit, and if 40% want this as an option then make it so.

Hilto, was your assassin in the 90's valor wise? Prolly wouldnt be that fun grinding 2-3 more ppl though that would it? Especially if you had to see the same storyline all over again. But hey Advance CLASSES are different right? Same story but different... Same shared armors but different.... RIGHT.

Same shared armors? Some Ac's share armor type, but some don't. How can they be the same class if they do not even share the same armor type? Want another piece of evidence that they are different CLASSES? Try mousing over a character or doing a /who. Do you see any Bounty hunter-Mercenary or Bounty Hunter-Powertech? No, all you see is Mercenary or Powertech. Different CLASSES.

The tool is already in the game to allow you to play an entirely different class. You simply need to level it, and if you choose not to level another class, then you can play the class you already leveled.

If they let people buy class changes in the cash shop I will quit immediately.

No you won't. This is the most tired threat. Historically, people do not quit because of something that doesn't really affect them. Developers know this so your empty threat is probably not even worth a lol anymore.

No, they are not classes. You are specializing within your class. If they are classes why am I given the option to not choose at all? I can level from 1 to 50 without ever choosing an advanced spec.

But once you choose, your basic class no longer even appears if you do a /who or mouse over your character. Why would that be? OH, maybe because you just made the PERMANENT choice of your ACTUAL class, not the starter/basic one.

Every blood Elf in WOW shares the same story.. .

This isn't WoW. One of the biggest knocks against this game is that it's a 'WoW clone'. Differentiating this game from WoW should be a priority. You don't like AC respecs, then fine, if they are added don't use them.

I already have a high level of every AC or its mirror. There are some that I would switch for no other reason than to enjoy the different mechanics of the class. It's not about chasing FOTMs because I have all the FOTM and all the 'weak' classes.

I assume you feel the same about respecs? People want the ability to heal after playing dps without actually earning it. Remove the respec ability and make player grind out a new toon-it worked for Diablo II for years and people managed to play without whining about how respecs cost too much and dual spec should have been in at launch,

Changing one's talent spec and advanced spec are the same thing-I don't see how anyone could be for one and against the other.

Changing ones spec WITHIN a given AC is already in place, in game. The current system at least requires a player who wants to heal at endgame to choose and level as the appropriate AC even if they choose to level as DPS and then respec to heals. What they cannot do is level as vanguard and then change to commando at endgame.

This is the same system that exists in "that other game". You can respec, and now dual spec, within a given class, but you cannot change from a warrior to a paladin.

But once you choose, your basic class no longer even appears if you do a /who or mouse over your character. Why would that be? OH, maybe because you just made the PERMANENT choice of your ACTUAL class, not the starter/basic one.

That doesn't matter. They CAN change that. This is a computer program. Your AC is not an immutable choice. It is not permanent. All it takes is for the developers to change that and it changes.

The only relevant arguments are what positive or negative consequence would occur IF THEY ADDED this option. Although I would like this, I'll acknowledge that the FOTM shopping is a problem. But it's a problem that is easily combated by making the change meaningful and somewhat expensive.

They won't because they will lose more if they do.. Breaking the game is not a good way to make money.. The advent of the cash shops doesn't mean they are going to change fundemental mechanics of the game..

You all can believe what you want.. Reducing the number of clssses by half will kill the game..

As I have said.. This issue has been discussed countless times.. It is a dead horse at this point.. It isn't going to happen.. Cash store or not.. Allowing AC respecs will truely kill the game.. They will lose money if they allow it..

You think arbitrarily breaking the game will stop a developer from adding it to the Cash Shop? I've seen it too many times that as much as I wish you were right I am going to have to say you're probably not on this one.

While I'm in favor of adding an advanced class respec to the cartel store I do think that there are perils to doing so.

The key issue is to price it in such a way that it doesn't get abused. AC respec could be a game killer if players could just pop out of one AC into the other as if it was dual spec. The Jedi Sentinel that comes into the flash point with you shouldn't be looking to roll on heavy armor and tanking gear for when he flips to guardian later on that evening.

And there's a good point to be made that once the player has decided to roll as one AC that decision should mean something. However, once the alignment color restrictions came off it started to look like BW wasn't of the same philosophy about choices.

The argument about whether AC's are separate classes or not is sort of besides the point. They both tree off of the same base class. They both have a shared spec tree and abilities. They're not the same class, but at the same time they're not totally different classes either, they're subclasses.

But there are people out there, myself included, that aren't really in love with the first choice they made on a character. And yes, I have leveled up other toons. But, I think it would be cool to be able to flip my first 50 from gunslinger to scoundral. After playing the game for 8 months I find I like the latter better.

I would recommend a system where the AC respec is relatively expensive and on a massive cool down, like months if not a year (EVE Online does something like this). This way people that are really unhappy with their character choice can do something about it without drastically altering the way the game is played.

Randal its called a choice, no one is REQUIRING you to make one. I want the ability CHOOSE something else, and many other people might keep playing if they had the choice.

But many, many more people will likely leave if BW allows it. I think you will find that MANY more people are adamantly against the ability to change class than for it. If it comes down to a choice for BW of losing 50k subs if they do not allow AC respecs, or losing 400k subs if they do allow it, which should they choose to do? No one playing=no one spending money at the cash shop.

Yes, actually I can lol. F2P game called Runes of Magic. Well to be honest you couldn't CHANGE your main class, but you COULD choose another class to add to your original class that was an original class. For example at level 1 you chose to be a Warrior. At level ten you can choose to become an assassin in addition to being a warrior. That being said, there were many, many classes to choose from therefor there were many combination of classes to make. Each combination had different skills to learn i.e a warrior/assassin is different from an assassin/warrior because the assassin was chosen first. It was a very interesting concept.

So yeah i think that counts.

Sorry, by your own admission, you never CHANGED classes, you just added a different one. Doesn't count in my book.

But many, many more people will likely leave if BW allows it. I think you will find that MANY more people are adamantly against the ability to change class than for it. If it comes down to a choice for BW of losing 50k subs if they do not allow AC respecs, or losing 400k subs if they do allow it, which should they choose to do? No one playing=no one spending money at the cash shop.

Half the people currently playing aren't going to quit over AC respec. You're kidding yourself. Like most of these things, I'll bet the number of people that would renew or quit based on this change is in the hundreds, not thousands.

Yes, because dropping a second saber and picking up a focus is such a big change. Sentinels and Guardians are totally different, man!

If MMOs of today suck feel free to play Everquest-the more intelligent people are still camping monsters for weeks on end.

BTW why would a roguish character and a caster share a storyline if they're so different? Please help this less intelligent person understand that. Why would they even branch from the same initial consular umbrella?

Have you plated both classes? Just because they share the same story does not mean they are played the same way. Assassin is more of rogue/melee class while sorc is more of a mage/ranged class. Oh, also if they are the same class, why can the sorc heal in ALL trees, but the assassin can't? Why can the assassin stealth, but the sorc can't?

That doesn't matter. They CAN change that. This is a computer program. Your AC is not an immutable choice. It is not permanent. All it takes is for the developers to change that and it changes.

The only relevant arguments are what positive or negative consequence would occur IF THEY ADDED this option. Although I would like this, I'll acknowledge that the FOTM shopping is a problem. But it's a problem that is easily combated by making the change meaningful and somewhat expensive.

Making the change MEANINGFUL? What is more MEANINGFUL than keeping the choice of an AC PERMANENT choice and not allowing AC changes? That also has the advantage that no one can complain about the cost being too high.

Half the people currently playing aren't going to quit over AC respec. You're kidding yourself. Like most of these things, I'll bet the number of people that would renew or quit based on this change is in the hundreds, not thousands.

I know there are an awful lot of people who are adamantly against the class changing. Some are against it due to the "I'm no longer the FOTM and I'm too lazy to reroll, let me change to the FOTM" philosophy. Some are against it because they have had so many bad experiences with tanks or healers who never learned to perform that role because they chose to level by easy mode DPS.

Why do you think that despite the number of threads on the forums for "that other game" clamoring for the ability to change class, even if they had to pay to do it, that "that other game" still doesn't allow class changes. They do allow race changes, faction changes and sex changes, but NO class changes. Why not, if there are so few people who would quit playing over such a small issue?

Class change will most likely exist in the future as a form of cash shop consumable.

There are already many MMO out there doing this but not limited to class only. There are name changed/sex/look changes. Yes it doesnt exist in WoW, wow dont run off cash shops.

If they release AC change token today, trust me they will instantly make a lot of $ just from all the commandos mercenaries, sages and sorcs.

Edited by warultima

I have never, ever seen a thread on the WoW forums asking for the ability to change classes. Stop making stuff up.

Also, whoever exposed MMO players to the word "entitled"... I hope they feel bad about what they've done.

Do a search about class change on those forums. I just searched for "class change" on the WoW forums, and there were 12,733 results.

As far as the "entitled" word goes, all you need to do is look almost anywhere and see what is being handed to people. If people do not have to put forth any effort in RL, why should I expect them to do so in a game?

Class change will most likely exist in the future as a form of cash shop consumable.

There are already many MMO out there doing this but not limited to class only. There are name changed/sex/look changes. Yes it doesnt exist in WoW, wow dont run off cash shops.

If they release AC change token today, trust me they will instantly make a lot of $ just from all the commandos mercenaries, sages and sorcs.

I'm not aware of ANY MMO that allows CLASS changes. Please enlighten me as to which ones do.

I absolutely 100% disagree with you. Changing AC vs spec as it is currently is absolutely no different. Each spec has its own unique play in the game even though some would say that a sorc is a sorc or a mara is a mara, They are 100% different within the class AC itself. Example a sorc is a healer or a dps and each is a very different class even with the same AC. I will also use mara yes they are all dps all three of them but they differ in how that dps is delivered and what they give back to the group as a whole, one offers healing the other offers nice dps buffs.

Yes there are skills that are mixed between each of the sub classes in an AC but they are all vastly different.

SO

I say if someone wants to drop the credits on a AC change so be it, let them do as they wish. If they want to be a merc and they are a powertech let them. If they want to be a guardian and want to switch to mara let them.

All of this at a cost and I suggest a time penalty, of say 4 weeks before you can respec again for AC. If BW and EA dont want it to be in game credits when F2P hits, add it to the cash store. It would be a cash cow for them.

QUOTE=MajikMyst;4977226]Merc and powertech are seperate classes.. You are not switching within classes, you are switching classes..

Sorry.. Bioware has already ruled on this issue many times.. As far back as the beta even..

There will be no AC switching...

The reasons against this are countless and this issue has been discussed countless times..

I hope not.

It would be nice if --just for once-- people actually noticed that the game said your choice would be permanent, and actually tried to deal with that as if they were mature adults, rather than insisting that the world adapt to their petty desires.

Think of it as a life-lesson moment. A chance to practice being an adult.

I like your style.