Advance Class Respec

OHMYZOD

Hizoka, how is a Merc going to Powertech not within logic? The argument is not for Juggernaut to Gunslinger. Get with it.

one is a melee class the other is ranged... Thats like playing wow and saying you have a hunter you want to "respec" him into a warrior. Just like having a Mage and respecing into a rogue going from a consular to shadow.

If you knew anything about how the classes worked you would understand this. They share a story they are far from the same class.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also LOL at less intelligent. Why do you have to hate on the people in this? Mage/Sorc to Assassin? Why do assassins have any force lighting abilities then? Make sure in your response you have another well placed insult to someone. It will help your opinion shine like the polished turd it is.

just like why do Sorc have the ability to hit like a light saber. hell ever fantasy game i have ever played still allowed mages to swing a dagger, it didn't mean it was a good idea. Seriously, that is your argument?

Someone again with WoW garbage. Yah a Pyro specced Powetech is SOOOOOOO much different than a Pyro specced Merc LOL. Flame burst, carbonize, flame sweep vs. Powershot, Concussion missile, and fusion missile.

Man I need 80 plus more lvls to understand those Powertech abilities as opposed to the garabge ones I have atm.

They won't because they will lose more if they do.. Breaking the game is not a good way to make money.. The advent of the cash shops doesn't mean they are going to change fundemental mechanics of the game..

They are not going to lose people because of advanced class switiching, come on bro.

Can anyone name one successful MMO, F2P or subscription, that allows a complete CLASS change? Despite what anyone claims, your AC is your CLASS and to change AC's you would be changing CLASS.

Yes, actually I can lol. F2P game called Runes of Magic. Well to be honest you couldn't CHANGE your main class, but you COULD choose another class to add to your original class that was an original class. For example at level 1 you chose to be a Warrior. At level ten you can choose to become an assassin in addition to being a warrior. That being said, there were many, many classes to choose from therefor there were many combination of classes to make. Each combination had different skills to learn i.e a warrior/assassin is different from an assassin/warrior because the assassin was chosen first. It was a very interesting concept.

So yeah i think that counts.

going from a mage type character of a sorcerer/consular to a rogue type character of an assassin/shadow is more then a talent spec. Its actually funny you are not able to understand that, but hey you are why MMOs of today suck, they cater to the less intelligent.

Yes, because dropping a second saber and picking up a focus is such a big change. Sentinels and Guardians are totally different, man!

If MMOs of today suck feel free to play Everquest-the more intelligent people are still camping monsters for weeks on end.

BTW why would a roguish character and a caster share a storyline if they're so different? Please help this less intelligent person understand that. Why would they even branch from the same initial consular umbrella?

one is a melee class the other is ranged... Thats like playing wow and saying you have a hunter you want to "respec" him into a warrior. Just like having a Mage and respecing into a rogue going from a consular to shadow.

If you knew anything about how the classes worked you would understand this. They share a story they are far from the same class.

Really? Powertech has no ranged abilities? Must have missed that.

Really? Powertech has no ranged abilities? Must have missed that.

really... cause having a few abilities that go past 10m makes them ranged? i figured having every major ability they use with exception of rail shot being 10m or less they were pretty much melee.

Then again i have common sense you seem to not.

The only reason BioWare didn't want to do Advanced Class respecs is because their original endgame plan was alts. Leveling alts means people stay subbed longer.

Since subs are only part of the equation now, I can guarantee you Advanced Class respecs are back on the table. They'll probably only be available in the store, and maybe not at launch, since what companies do is introduce basic stuff when the f2p store opens and then gradually widen the window of what is acceptable, but they will be there eventually.

really... cause having a few abilities that go past 10m makes them ranged? i figured having every major ability they use with exception of rail shot being 10m or less they were pretty much melee.

Then again i have common sense you seem to not.

Yes, you're a regular yoda.

Let me guess-operatives are melee as well-despite having so many ranged attacks, especially ones that require the use of cover (which would be stupid for a stealthy melee class to even have-why hunker down and shoot at range when you're a melee class?)

I didn't know death from above was so nerfed-less than 10m? No explosive attacks greater than 10m?

LOL Hizoka at it again. Thanks for really showing true knowledge of the game in the thread. Powertechs are melee? Tell me how many melee moves they have as opposed to ranged. Rocket Punch, Retractable Blade(must spec into it), looking for more but cant quite place them... If you say flameburst/sweep is pffft. Dont go away mad bro, just go away.

Your AC is your CLASS. A mercenary is not a powertech. They are different classes. This is why you can respec within a given AC, but not switch AC's. Paying for a class change does not make it any less of a change in class.

Um last i checked they are both a Bounty Hunter. That's the class. Advanced class means this is the option of which a Bounty Hunter can travel. Switching AC is not game breaking. It's only game breaking to you. Just cause you can't wrap your head around that and your buddy says there's an article about it (OMG an article) that makes your point valid over someone else point. Don't think so.

Um last i checked they are both a Bounty Hunter. That's the class. Advanced class means this is the option of which a Bounty Hunter can travel. Switching AC is not game breaking. It's only game breaking to you. Just cause you can't wrap your head around that and your buddy says there's an article about it (OMG an article) that makes your point valid over someone else point. Don't think so.

Last I checked, the devs disagree and think that different ACs are different classes. That is pretty aparent when an Inquis is range dps / healer in one tree and stealth melee dps / tank in another.

I really really hate cash shops, and im not for a adv class respec.

But i actualy wouldnt mind a cash shop respec and i would probably use it once to respec the extra guardian i have from having to reroll to a server with people on it before the server merges happened.

But i would also like to point out that it took the geniuses that run this game months to figure out server merges and a group finder with gear and spec checks still baffles them, Not to mention they cant even figure out dual specs, so i would not hold my breath on them figuring out how to do adv class respec anytime soon.

Edited by Mallorik

Last I checked, the devs disagree and think that different ACs are different classes. That is pretty aparent when an Inquis is range dps / healer in one tree and stealth melee dps / tank in another.

And knights have 2 sabers in 'class' and one saber in the other, What a massive change!

Bounty Hunters can get a retractable blade or the ability to 'shoot' their allies with kolto blasts. You would think that would be determined by gear, but nope. Apparently mercs just can't afford to get a blade installed in their armor, just like gunslingers carry two blasters but for some reason never think about getting a stealth belt.

Odd that only 1 of the 4 classes fits your idea and the others have differences that in-game make no sense (although how a sage somehow learns to manage his Force connection 5-6 times better than a shadow, as well as throw debris 3 times farther is beyond me).

They aren't classes-if they were I would be forced to start as one. They are specializations-aka specs. Hell I can play to 50 without ever choosing a 'class' in that sense.

This discussion is as old as the hills at this point..

For those that claim the AC's are not their own class.. You are entitled to your opinions and that is all they are.. Opinions..

Bioware is the only body with the autority to make any declarations about his game.. It has already been previously stated countless times that they view the AC's as seperate classes.. Like it or not that is the way it is.. Sorry.. You can disagree all you want, but that isn't going to change anything..

Reguardless of spec, a guardian has little in common with a Sentinel.. That is just fact.. Again you can claim otherwise, but you would be wrong..

Sage and Shadow are also very different reguardless of spec..

Like it or not, there are 16 classes in this game.. Cutting the number of classes in half is not a good idea.. Cash shop or not..

The issue here strictly laziness.. To lazy to level another character.. There simply is no logical and reasonable reason to allow AC switching.. It cuts down on the number of choices we as players have.. It cuts down on replay value..

AC switching is simply not going to happen.. Sorry.. Like it or not.. Your opinion or not.. AC switching is not going to happen.. That is simply fact.. Bioware does not want it and has already stated as much.. Most players do not want it...

Edited by MajikMyst

And knights have 2 sabers in 'class' and one saber in the other, What a massive change!.

Both a warlock and mage can use casting staves or daggers.. What a massive change yet they are considered different classes.. Not to mention wear the exact same gear, use the same casting mechanics, use the same stats, and can even be the same race.. Total copies of eachother except for talent trees.. Both of them do share a fire tree.. One called destruction and the other fire.. Both are ranged caster DPS.. Care to argue they are the same class??

Guardians wear Heavy armor, Sentinels wear medium.. One class can tank the other can not.. Many of their talents and skills are different.. Guardians can force push, Sentinels can't.. There is less in common with a guardian and a sentinel, than with a mage and warlock... Yet nobody questions a mage and warlok being different classes.. Strange..

Have a nice day..

Edited by MajikMyst

I'd love this! When I played Galaxies I'd repec my profession on a weekly basis, added more fun and content to my experience, plus it would be a money sink for Bioware (Buying new gear and items for new class)

Mage and warlock mechanics are completely different, especially with the soul shard system revamp introduced in Cataclysm.

Mechanics are what make a class a class. Not what weapons they can use, or armor they wear, or group roles they can fill, or abilities they have. Arcane mages and fire mages use almost none of the same spells, but they're still mages. Prot paladins and holy paladins may fill different group roles, use completely different spells and even prioritize different stats, but they're still both paladins.

I'd wager there's more differences between feral and balance druids than there are between the different ACs of the same class in this game.

Edited by leathfuil