• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weapon--

Knight: Dual Wield vs. solo wield/shield or focus

Trooper: Assault Cannon vs. Blaster Rifle

Shadow: Lightsaber vs. Saberstaff

Smuggler: Dual Wield vs. Single blaster and a shotgun

So.... part 1 nope not one thing

Armor-- Yes mostly shared, but with only three armor types it makes sense, you split it multiple ways beyond that it just hurts itemization

Skills-- A point one can argue, but I would say how these skills work for a given class and their overall value can be radically impacted. Take Cover for example-- it is a class defining GS aspect, but a rarely used tool for most scoundrels

Companions/Story-- This is a practicality issue, do you know what non-storyline content would be if they had to devote resources to building 16 instead of 8 storylines? This is a silly argument when most games have one linear narrative regardless of class.

You can argue until you are blue in the face, they are different classes and should not allow for AC to AC respecs and I am glad they have not yet caved on this one,.

^^

Quoted for truth..

/thread

really... cause having a few abilities that go past 10m makes them ranged? i figured having every major ability they use with exception of rail shot being 10m or less they were pretty much melee.

Then again i have common sense you seem to not.

I dont know if I would agree with the common sense statement.

Putting my vote in with those that wish for respec of advanced class. Would prefer it to be a credit sink item, but we all know they are looking for cash shop material, and this one is a prime candidate. Although I do not have a problem with Advanced Class being changed, I think there should be a 30 day cool down between any changes wishing to be made.

They may be looking for money.. They are not looking to destroy the game.. Nor are they looking to minimize the amount of content there is to play..

Allowing someone to swap their AC is essentially killing 50 levels of game play.. That is for a single swap.. Allowing this would dramatically reduce the content in the game..

The bottom line here is this.. People are only asking for this because they are to lazy to simply level another character up to 50 like they are supposed to.. Sure.. I have heard it all before.. You have a bunch of 50's.. You have 3 jobs and go to school so you don't have a lot of time.. Neither of which are reason for Bioware to break this game to accomodate you and your crunched time schedule..

Had people selected their AC at level 1 during character creation.. We wouldn't be having this discussion.. Bioware being somewhat innovative and allowing a short preview of the various classes have wrongfully given people the throught that the classes are interchangable.. They aren't..

The game specifically says on more than one occasion that our choice of AC would be a permanent one.. See that word there.. PERMANENT.. That means that your AC will never change.. Yes that is in the game..

There are counltess reasons that AC swapping should never be allowed.. But let's look at the reason it should be.. Well.. There is only one.. Yup.. Just one.. Laziness.. That is it.. There is no other logical reason to allow AC swapping.. It is of no benefit to the game.. It would enable this desire for instand gratification, which has no place in an MMO.. MMO's were meant to be challenging and time consuming.. That is why we play them.. If you don't want those things that most likely an MMO is not your cup of tea..

This topic is a dead horse.. It was a dead horse when it was discussed in the beta.. AC swapping is not going to happen.. It shouldn't happen.. There is no reason for it to happen.. It won't make the game better.. At least not for the people that actually want to play it..

Edited by MajikMyst