Advance Class Respec

OHMYZOD

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they let people buy class changes in the cash shop I will quit immediately.

What you are asking for is the same thing as if you were a holy priest, and instead of respeccing to shadow you paid a fee and got to be a warlock instead.

What you are asking for is the same thing as if you were a holy priest, and instead of respeccing to shadow you paid a fee and got to be a warlock instead.

They are not classes-classes are you pick when creating the character, not the optional specialization after the first planet is completed.

Nuff said. I'll even pay for one with the F2P model coming out. And no on the reroll garbage.... i'm lvl 93 valor.

you play more then alot with that valor... you can re-roll. Advanced Class respecs are for the whiny little kids that want to be handed everything rather then actually earning it.

you were handed PvP loot by just showing up. actually go out an EARN something.

Merc and powertech are seperate classes.. You are not switching within classes, you are switching classes..

Sorry.. Bioware has already ruled on this issue many times.. As far back as the beta even..

There will be no AC switching...

The reasons against this are countless and this issue has been discussed countless times..

MajikMyst speaks the truth here.

you play more then alot with that valor... you can re-roll. Advanced Class respecs are for the whiny little kids that want to be handed everything rather then actually earning it.

you were handed PvP loot by just showing up. actually go out an EARN something.

I assume you feel the same about respecs? People want the ability to heal after playing dps without actually earning it. Remove the respec ability and make player grind out a new toon-it worked for Diablo II for years and people managed to play without whining about how respecs cost too much and dual spec should have been in at launch,

Changing one's talent spec and advanced spec are the same thing-I don't see how anyone could be for one and against the other.

No, they are not classes. You are specializing within your class. If they are classes why am I given the option to not choose at all? I can level from 1 to 50 without ever choosing an advanced spec.

You are parsing words in an attempt to justify your position. ADVANCED CLASSES are in fact a binding class choice, non-reversible decision by a player at level 10 (or whenever they chose after level 10). But once chosen, it's done, over, finished, not subject to change.

The question has been asked and answered with certainty by Bioware. NO ADVANCED CLASS RESPECs.

End of story.

What part of permanent did you not understand when choosing your AC.

If you want a single player game, quit this and go play one. Its moronic to want to change an mmo into one and then complain that it feels like a single player rpg.

MMO = time sink. You will burn out, you will come back later and so on. Just because you made a bad decision does not require eaware to change their game mechanics.

Was the server you picked a binding choice as well? Glad it didnt turn out to be or I guess youd be playing with yourself moreso than normal. Oh and to the earn something guy, I guess the 2 different War hero sets I have (Healing, and Dps) were just handed out by logging in. I guess Social X I have just appeared by buying collectors edition. Love the high and mighty tuff guy brigade on here gonna tell me what for cuz I wanna keep playing the game... but in a different way. But hey you must have 10 alts all at lvl 20 and that makes you much more accomplished than me LOL.

People above were asking what MMO ever let you respec entirely to a different class even. DC Universe Online let you completely discard your character at whatever level and respec into Hard Light (Green Lantern Powerset) AND go damage or control etc... There was talk of Lightning and Earth doing this but it didnt happen. Even City of Heroes/Villains eventually let you switch ENTIRE factions. After all at lvl 10 when we all played this game on day 1, we knew that approximately 70 lvls later how our characters would be hosed. So why not make it permanent, just like the devs that said this have quit or been fired... coincidentally 1-2 weeks before F2P was announced.

BW has said many things. Then they lost roughly a million subs in 6 months. The folks who made those decisions have quit or been sacked.

With f2p and a cash shop there is no valid argument against this. "I don't like it because I had to xxx" is an opinion, not an argument. Name calling is not an argument. AC changes within the same storyline make sense, will make money and don't hurt you if you choose not to use them.

Changing AC is nothing like priest to warlock. SWG allowed what you are suggesting, but you were only allowed one toon per server per account so the nerf bat was vicious indeed.

Changing your profession, after all happens all the time in reality.

And you have been Xantos, with a really fantastic and hugely needed LEGACY TREE. People with altitis have been well rewarded with all the Legacy stuff. I agree with the comment of it being just a matter of time before this is introduced. The company WILL make profit from it if its a paid feature.

Also LOL at less intelligent. Why do you have to hate on the people in this? Mage/Sorc to Assassin? Why do assassins have any force lighting abilities then? Make sure in your response you have another well placed insult to someone. It will help your opinion shine like the polished turd it is.