Advance Class Respec

OHMYZOD

Yah because this game is SOOOO complex how could anyone learn to tank/heal/dps after they respec? You guys keep bringing up the word PERMANENT CHOICE at lvl 10. After playing a character to valor lvl 60 plus at the point before they released their patch, I think anyone would figure that their character's performance was PERMANENT. Just because you rerolled doesnt mean someone who isnt interested in Alt-itis has to. Gimme the RESPEC

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With games like World of Warcraft offering dual spec and games that follow the F2P w/ cash shop model having respec kits in the shop, I do not see how Bioware/EA cannot offer it eventually. It is an item that will sell.

Dual spec and respeccing is NOT a class change. Can someone name one successful MMO which allows players to change CLASS?

Merc and powertech are seperate classes.. You are not switching within classes, you are switching classes..

Sorry.. Bioware has already ruled on this issue many times.. As far back as the beta even..

There will be no AC switching...

The reasons against this are countless and this issue has been discussed countless times..

Well sorry to inform YOU that F2P was also not an option when we tested and paid hundreds of dollars for this game nor was destroying certain classes by Nerfing them due to which countless people quit so the issue is very much back on the table.

I mean how many ppl with level 50 socerers as their only level 50 do you think won't just go F2P after they got screwed?

Just lol...

Yah because this game is SOOOO complex how could anyone learn to tank/heal/dps after they respec? You guys keep bringing up the word PERMANENT CHOICE at lvl 10. After playing a character to valor lvl 60 plus at the point before they released their patch, I think anyone would figure that their character's performance was PERMANENT. Just because you rerolled doesnt mean someone who isnt interested in Alt-itis has to. Gimme the RESPEC

We keep bringing up the PERMANENT CHOICE issue because you and everyone else were advised that the choice was PERMANENT. If you don't want to reroll, then you don't get to play another class and can continue playing the one you actually leveled.

Its not a change class guy, I am not saying Bounty Hunter to Juggernaut. Just a Merc to Powertech when desired. And like I said i'd pay for that particular type of Respec.

Your AC is your CLASS. A mercenary is not a powertech. They are different classes. This is why you can respec within a given AC, but not switch AC's. Paying for a class change does not make it any less of a change in class.

When people rolled a character on their original server and suffered bad luck with the population decrease they offered a server transfer, and eventually will offer PAID server transfers with the F2P model. I'll prolly reach valor 100 by Labor day, a nice incentive would be the option of respeccing WITHIN the class to keep fresh. Also guy, dont come in here like youre the MAN saying what is and what isnt. The post wasnt a request for approval from players, it was a REQUEST to the developers to implement something. You guys must love playing alone with people leaving in droves, but hey if you bring up something that might satisfy people to stay you fight it tooth and nail. Also if YOU dont want to do it, THEN DONT.

Can anyone name one successful MMO, F2P or subscription, that allows a complete CLASS change? Despite what anyone claims, your AC is your CLASS and to change AC's you would be changing CLASS.

EA may not care too much about what forum posters have to say. I'm betting, though, that EA is smart enough to know that even with the game F2P, there are some things which will drive even F2P people away, and if no one is playing, then no one is spending money in the cash shop. I think EA stands to lose more players and therefore more money in the cash shop by allowing players to change class.

Even EA wouldn't compare this to a "successful MMO" at this point. To be clear - I don't think they should do it. But this is EAs embarrassment and we had all best start thinking in terms of business.

The game is built for you to pay to make alts and enjoy immersive, different stories. Allowing AC changes for a fee won't hurt the design plan at all. Open it to level 35 and above characters for $10 per swap. Done deal.

This hurts no one in real terms and allows more freedom to those willing to pay for it.

When people rolled a character on their original server and suffered bad luck with the population decrease they offered a server transfer, and eventually will offer PAID server transfers with the F2P model. I'll prolly reach valor 100 by Labor day, a nice incentive would be the option of respeccing WITHIN the class to keep fresh. Also guy, dont come in here like youre the MAN saying what is and what isnt. The post wasnt a request for approval from players, it was a REQUEST to the developers to implement something. You guys must love playing alone with people leaving in droves, but hey if you bring up something that might satisfy people to stay you fight it tooth and nail. Also if YOU dont want to do it, THEN DONT.

If you want to talk about people leaving in droves, just allow people to change their class. If you don't think allowing people to change their class will drive players away, then please point out one single successful MMo that allows people to change their class.

Is my request that the developers not allow changing class any less valid than your request? What if the vast majority of players request that the developers not allow changing class?

I sympathize with you regarding the effort you put into your current class, but if you wish to play a different class, the option already exists. You simply have to level it.

Even EA wouldn't compare this to a "successful MMO" at this point. To be clear - I don't think they should do it. But this is EAs embarrassment and we had all best start thinking in terms of business.

The game is built for you to pay to make alts and enjoy immersive, different stories. Allowing AC changes for a fee won't hurt the design plan at all. Open it to level 35 and above characters for $10 per swap. Done deal.

This hurts no one in real terms and allows more freedom to those willing to pay for it.

Opening it to 35 and over simply makes it easier for those that want to level as the easier AC and then switch to more desired for endgame. No thanks.

If you want to talk about people leaving in droves, just allow people to change their class. If you don't think allowing people to change their class will drive players away, then please point out one single successful MMo that allows people to change their class.

Is my request that the developers not allow changing class any less valid than your request? What if the vast majority of players request that the developers not allow changing class?

I sympathize with you regarding the effort you put into your current class, but if you wish to play a different class, the option already exists. You simply have to level it.

The WoW dual spec that allows you to play your Pally as tank in one battle then swap to heals for another is precisely the same thing at no cost and usable repeatedly. Rift also does the same thing with the multi soul system.

I'm constantly amazed by the attitudes of the "entitled" players on these forums. The ones who feel their desires are more important than the desires of others. When you chose your AC, you were advised that the choice was PERMANENT. Now, you want to play different class, but do not want to do the work required to level it. So, those players who do not want do not want to see an option to change AC's in the game are just supposed to bend over and let you have your way?

I think that the vast majority of posters on this issue are against AC respec. I know that the forums represent a minority, but I'm betting that most players are against players being able to pay for a class change. I know I would not want to have a tank who leveled as a sentinel because DPS was easier, but then at 50 paid to switch to guardian so he could tank, despite never having learned to tank while leveling.

So what if he leveled as a dps guardian and never learned to tank? Is that magically better somehow?

I agree with this post. My main was an assassin...one of the classes that have seen a small nerf or two. No biggie for me. I just went and leveled up two more characters. Now i have a nice choice of 3 50's i can pick from to do my bidding.

We keep bringing up the PERMANENT CHOICE issue because you and everyone else were advised that the choice was PERMANENT. If you don't want to reroll, then you don't get to play another class and can continue playing the one you actually leveled.

So conversation choices should be permanent too right? No hitting Esc to max out affection?

Your AC is your CLASS. A mercenary is not a powertech. They are different classes. This is why you can respec within a given AC, but not switch AC's. Paying for a class change does not make it any less of a change in class.

Then why can I play a bounty hunter to 50 and never choose either? They are not classes, they are specializations-specs.

So let me get this right. Someone suggests something, and you are protesting that it not be allowed? Explain to me how this affects you? You're telling me that if a patch came out and essentially ruined your man, that you wouldnt partake in a respec if given the option... free or paid? Seriously get off the High Horse. Again people that dont want this either already wasted tons of time and effort rerolling and are embarrassed, or dont wanna deal with people who fixed their gimped class and now challenge their FOTM superiority.

Hilto, was your assassin in the 90's valor wise? Prolly wouldnt be that fun grinding 2-3 more ppl though that would it? Especially if you had to see the same storyline all over again. But hey Advance CLASSES are different right? Same story but different... Same shared armors but different.... RIGHT.

Not looking for anything other than a switch with in the class, Merc to Powertech. And no I wanna roll Advance Prototype or Shields so I can Jetpack around, not FOTM.

so wait your already a powertech and you want to switch to a different spec within the powertech trees...

if so theres a guy called the skill mentor on both fleets...

I give it 6 months before you can buy this in the cashshop. 12 months before you can change any class to any other class in the cashshop. :(

How long before you can change races and gender for your current character. Ooo, I vote at the same time as these other items.