SO very frustrated with "waiting and waiting and waiting..."

Jaavik

Let me preface this by saying I've been a loyal paying customer since beta and have NEVER let my subscription lapse. If you review my posting history, you'll see that I have been accused of being a "blind fanboy" for defending this company over and over again through ALL of the hard times this game launch has had. I truly love this game, but like any MMO, the work that has been put into it is ALWAYS an issue when determining if the subscription fee is worth it to me. I, like many others on here, have been BEYOND patient waiting to be able to enjoy the game in the manner it is "SUPPOSED" to be enjoyed, and by that I am referring to your excellent idea of "Legacy". So once again, I am asking (even BEGGING) you to answer us with a definitive answer other than asking us to "be patient"...

How much longer is it going to take to allow us to transfer characters from different servers in order to "merge legacies"?

It's been asked OVER and OVER until we're blue in the face and we keep getting the "we're working on it, but we can't tell you how far along we are or how soon it will be available." rubber stamp answer if you bother to answer at all...

I'm trying SO hard to stay with the game with the "belief" that paid transfers are "just around the corner". But I'm starting to feel like a fool for believing it. My patience has just about run out and I'm now researching other games to go try out.

It's heartbreaking, because I WANT to love this game and to a point I really do, but the "customer service" issue has been absolutely awful. I don't care about "pets" and "new companions" and "new space combat missions" nearly as much as the incredible idea of "legacy" in this game. But because of the previous server population problem, many of us had to re-roll on DIFFERENT populated servers in order to continue paying your "subscription fee" and make it worth it to us. Now we have people to play with and many of us have made new friends on other servers that we want to continue to play with and the characters we put work into are trapped elsewhere.

Now that the initial transfers are done and your paying customers have populated servers to play on, WHY are you so much more focused in transferring the REMAINING characters nobody is playing (except for the few who refused to leave under the understanding that they WOULDN'T be forced to move) off of a dead origin server no one is playing on?

Why can't that take a back seat to allowing the paying customers to merge our legacies? Why do we have to BEG you to ALLOW us to PAY you to do this?

I'm through defending Bioware on this issue. I'm tired of paying my regular subscription fee to keep convincing myself that the game is GOING to be what I believed it was going to be if we just give the developers "a little more time".

I have just officially cancelled my subscription and there is 23 days left on it. If we can get a timetable for paid transfers within 23 days, i will consider re-subscribing. But I've finally determined that it isn't worth it to me to pay an measley $0.50 a day to be frustrated and inconvenienced.

It's absurd...

And before someone posts that same tired response of "Can I have your stuff?", the answer is NO. Once Bioware makes these transfers available (paid or unpaid), I will CONSIDER coming back, unless I find a game I enjoy more. I really like the game, but like any MMO, I want the work I put into it to MEAN something and if I have put enough time and work into characters on another game, there's no point in coming back...

Agree with OP. This silences is bull****. We've been waiting months for transfers and all they got is a one destination program with constant spam telling us to leave.

Im not leaving my second origin server, not without knowing what theyre planning to do regarding consolidating our characters and or extra char slots. Feel free to move them themselves, though the current destination is currently full. They can cram the Pet and BH comms. ... maybe then more stuff will come out their other hole so we can get come actual communication around here.

Edited by MasterKayote

i think you jinxed it very badly for us...think about it

nothing nothing nothing...1.3 and the millions bugs carnival

but 1.3 wasnt even close to the update size of 1.2

so logic and a little extrapolation still tell you this

1.4 and three million bugs edition XD coming to vent space near you

Yeah OP. I'd make a longer post but you're pretty much echoing what I've said for a few weeks now. I'm so sick of waiting. So very, very sick. If my characters aren't all on the same server by the time GW2 is out, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel.

I love the game. It's a great game, imo. I love playing it. But the principle of this is just becoming too much to ignore.

Let me preface this by saying I've been a loyal paying customer since beta and have NEVER let my subscription lapse. If you review my posting history, you'll see that I have been accused of being a "blind fanboy" for defending this company over and over again through ALL of the hard times this game launch has had. I truly love this game, but like any MMO, the work that has been put into it is ALWAYS an issue when determining if the subscription fee is worth it to me.

Even those that have been loyal customers and believe in you, are waking up BioWare. You'd be wise to do something about it and fast. Considering I'm looking forward to your investor report tomorrow on subs. And I'll look into your next quarter report to look at how fast a game with great potential, is bleeding subs.

I don't care about "pets" and "new companions" and "new space combat missions" nearly as much as the incredible idea of "legacy" in this game.

Meh, not many people do to begin with. :rolleyes:

I'm trying SO hard to stay with the game with the "belief" that paid transfers are "just around the corner". But I'm starting to feel like a fool for believing it. My patience has just about run out and I'm now researching other games to go try out.

Might I suggest looking into Guild Wars 2? I know it's been talked about to death. But you could always look into the game (and I really mean look into it, as some people might find the cash shop a deal breaker, but it's not Pay2Win) and try it out if BioWare doesnt solve your issue when the release hits. And it's Buy To Play, so no subscription, and you could just come back to SWTOR when you get bored of GW2 or BioWare solves your (and everyone else who is worried about paid transfers, which is a lot of people) issue.

I'm not worried as all of mine are on one server. But I'll be playing GW2 when it releases, and come back/resub to SWTOR if it comes out with something of interest. Then again most/all/whats left of my guild is going too... so maybe not. :p

1.4 and three million bugs edition XD coming to vent space near you

Yoda voice: More bugs, this game need not.

All of this whining like children.

everything's fine.. right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wait, gotta breathe

I understand the frustration. Server transfers for the purpose of merging legacies is definitely not the only issue here. From Jedi Knight's desire for hood-down robes to mini-games to NM EC, it's always the rubber stamped "it will be coming just wait" response until we don't hear from them again.

What I find frustrating too is the "there's other priorities" response. At what point do in-game problems and requests from customers since the release of the game become priorities?

I'm with the OP....Bioware where is your response??:)

I can't help but wonder why they are putting effort into the HK "pet" and not fixing issues and bugs.

I want to point out, we do not know they are putting any effort into the HK pet.

At least some of the coding was already in the game at launch. We do not know what the final coding is like, so we can only speculate that there were changes to that code.

It is possible (let me take a moment to point out I am not claiming fact) they held back the HK as an "ace up their sleeve" to roll out in a desperate attempt to keep subscribers.

I bring this up, because that is how it looks to me. I am no expert, and I am not claiming mis-doings... But if the free 30 day game time for a level 50, and the trailer for the HK-51 droid were not meant as shinies/bribes to keep subscribers, it was bad timing to release them when they did. (The free game time was just before 3 month subs would run out, and the HK trailer just before 6 month subs would run out.)

What I find frustrating too is the "there's other priorities" response. At what point do in-game problems and requests from customers since the release of the game become priorities?

We're not customers, we're merely a replaceable $15/month... don't forget that

Might I suggest looking into Guild Wars 2? I know it's been talked about to death. But you could always look into the game (and I really mean look into it, as some people might find the cash shop a deal breaker, but it's not Pay2Win) and try it out if BioWare doesnt solve your issue when the release hits. And it's Buy To Play, so no subscription, and you could just come back to SWTOR when you get bored of GW2 or BioWare solves your (and everyone else who is worried about paid transfers, which is a lot of people) issue.

That's one of the more frustrating parts is that I'm not as big a "fantasy" fan as i am a "Sci-fi" fan, and above all that, I'm a Star wars fan more than anything. I really do like the game. As far as the mechanics of how it plays, etc. I know there are things that could be improved, but I can wait "patiently" for those.

To me, the ONE thing that makes this game stand out more than anything else (other than the Star wars IP) is the Legacy system. It's an awesome idea to encourage trying new characters and storylines throughout the game. It's the CORE of this game to me.

I've worked so hard on the 50s I started on a PvE server with my friend's guild. He lives in Australia and once those servers started up, most of our guild jumped ship (understandably - there is a 16 hour difference between us). Shortly after that, the subscriptions dropped INCREDIBLY and the remaining players were spread out over too many servers.

Everyone complained and was told "be patient... we're working on it" and it was suggested to "re-roll on a populated server" in order to continue enjoying the game. Now honestly, I don't know if that suggestion came from PLAYERS or the DEVELOPERS, but if it wasn't the devs, they should be HAPPY that we did, because it kept the subscriptions active for those of us who really LOVE the game.

Well as I was in a position to try new things, I ended up trying out a PvP server and really liked the danger of getting jumped by the opposing faction at any time. It made it even MORE fun. But after the transfers FINALLY became available (after waiting and waiting), the roll out was very limited because they wanted to control populations. Once again, i understood the issue and I was patient, being told that "this round"of transfers, etc. etc.", so i believed I just needed to be a little patient again and tough it out.

But we're STILL waiting and now I see that the newest focus is to move the 'EXTREMELY few" players from the origin servers and the inactive accounts over to the server that they were being told they WOULDN'T be forced to move to if they didn't want to. That is a CUSTOMER SERVICE issue where they were flat out LIED to. But it's MUCH fewer and less-important to the PAYING customers than fixing the issue with both the number of character slots and allowing us to transfer our scattered characters into a single legacy.

It's not like the technology isn't already being used...

I understand the frustration. Server transfers for the purpose of merging legacies is definitely not the only issue here. From Jedi Knight's desire for hood-down robes to mini-games to NM EC, it's always the rubber stamped "it will be coming just wait" response until we don't hear from them again.

And I've noticed the reduced interest in publishing answers to customer questions. It went from 10 a week to 10 every OTHER week, to 6 every other week, to telling us they are only going to respond to questions about current features rather than upcoming features, to posting the questions and answers "whenever they feel like it".

It's a fine game. It's a YOUNG game and it has plenty of room and possibilities to grow, but what is killing the game for me is the "limp responses" to their customers.

We're not customers, we're merely a replaceable $15/month... don't forget that

I DON'T want to believe that. I honestly don't.

Whenever I saw someone say that before, I would be debating it pretty hard. But I don't have the energy anymore. I can't make excuses for them anymore. And when the frustration and irritation and inconvenience has made it NOT WORTH a mere $0.50 a day to put up with it and enjoy the game, then something is INCREDIBLY WRONG!

Sorry, I have a hard time generating sympathy for the "re-roll on [iNSERT HIGH-POP SERVER NAME HERE]" crowd, when we knew for some time they were working on free transfers.

You obviously weren't playing 3-6 months ago when some servers had an average fleet population of 12 during peak hours. It was either rerolling on [iNSERT HIGH-POP SERVER NAME HERE] while BW picked their noses staring at their upside-down population growth charts, or discontinue your subscription.

There are a lot of folks who rerolled. There are multiple threads made each day on this topic.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED NOW.

Typical BW, they are too slow to react, mismanaged, and clueless.

You obviously weren't playing 3-6 months ago when some servers had an average fleet population of 12 during peak hours. It was either rerolling on [iNSERT HIGH-POP SERVER NAME HERE] while BW picked their noses staring at their upside-down population growth charts, or discontinue your subscription.

There are a lot of folks who rerolled. There are multiple threads made each day on this topic.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED NOW.

Typical BW, they are too slow to react, mismanaged, and clueless.

I WAS playing, every day since early access. I was on Sword of Ajunta Pall, and it was a bad place to be Republic. I played through the queues that were an indirect cause of the server population problem. I played while guildies re-rolled to Fatman or to the Imperial side. There are many reasons why I didn't re-roll, and one of them is because BioWare told us free transfers were coming, and they came exactly when they told us they would.

They have said paid transfers are coming. If you had had some patience back THEN, you wouldn't be need so much of it NOW.

I hated the "REROLL TO FATMAN" movement that got started here on the forums, and have no sympathy for those that couldn't wait.

That's one of the more frustrating parts is that I'm not as big a "fantasy" fan as i am a "Sci-fi" fan, and above all that, I'm a Star wars fan more than anything. I really do like the game. As far as the mechanics of how it plays, etc. I know there are things that could be improved, but I can wait "patiently" for those.

I understand your point of view. You like fantasy(and some people are just plain tired of it) but not as much as sci-fi, and Star Wars tops all of those. I'm not huge on Star Wars, but I can watch the movies and enjoy it. And this was the first game to keep my interest long enough to reach end game. For me, I'm a bit different. I'm not huge on SW, but that doesnt mean I want this game to fail. I've enjoyed my time here. But if my money is better spent else where, and I enjoy the game more, I will take my money else where.

I am a huge anime fan. So Japanese style character design draws me in. I played FFXI off and on for years. I was highly anticipating FFXIV when it released, and what a huge let down that was to me. So I dont think I'm not empathic when it comes to how you feel.

At some tipping point we may become irreplaceable to them. Perhaps we have already hit that point. Time will tell.

I'm already looking forward to the release of subscription numbers for SWTOR tomorrow at the EA investors call (July 31st). If its pretty low, and with GW2 and Kung Fu Panda Expansion (WoW:MoP) on the horizon, plus SWTOR's three/six month subs running out in August, I'm really looking to see how that turns out for them as well.

I dont want SWTOR fail. But... I'll stop right there, before I become hateful. I've read through so many topics (the forums are more fun atm), to see: many people are worried about transfers, many are worried about bugs that are still in since launch, many are bored with endgame (PvP and PvE), many are worried about BioWare's silence on all of the previous matters, and others I'm sure I'm not aware of.

Edited by Katsuragisama

Sorry, I have a hard time generating sympathy for the "re-roll on [iNSERT HIGH-POP SERVER NAME HERE]" crowd, when we knew for some time they were working on free transfers.

So HERE were the choices:

1. Unsubscribe until Bioware makes the "free transfers" available (while not making it clear how the transfers will work)
  2. Re-roll on a populated server to keep the subscription active and actually be able to play the game with other people
  3. Just pay a $14.99 monthly subscription fee for a one player game

Now one choice works for me, but NOT for Bioware. One choice works for Bioware and NOT for me. And One choice works for BOTH of us. I don't subscribe to this game as a "favor" to Bioware. It needs to be mutually beneficial and any business with a basic knowledge of customer service knows this. Maybe they should consider to possibility of working WITH the subscribers when we need it since we worked with them when THEY needed it.

You aren't adding anything to the conversation by acting like we knew WHEN the transfers were going to be available and exactly HOW they were going to work. It NOT like when the problem was happening, they just immediately gave us a "date of implementation" and followed through. They told us "it's coming" over and over. From OUR viewpoint, we were waiting in the dark JUST LIKE we are waiting now.

It awesome for you if you were satisfied to pay a subscription for a "one player game" rather than a "Mass Multuiplayer Online Role Playing Game". But I would ASSUME you aren't trying to say that you are in the "majority viewpoint" for that...

And you gotta love someone who just hops on here so he can tell everyone how "impatient" they are being... You have GOT to be kidding me with that...

Yeesh...

Edited by Jaavik