The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

charging marauders and railshotting powertechs are making people unsub bioware :)

Rikeryo

and this isn't even a troll attempt, it's the truth. marauders/sents, pt/vanguards and to some degree even dps guardians/juggs are EVERYWHERE, roflstomping everything. I guess it's time to get that bat out that killed sorc, merc and operative, right? Edited by Rikeryo

and this isn't even a troll attempt, it's the truth. marauders/sents, pt/vanguards and to some degree even dps guardians/juggs are EVERYWHERE, roflstomping everything. I guess it's time to get that bat out that killed sorc, merc and operative, right?

Couldn't you just comment in the 137 other nerf posts? Did you really need to start a new one?

My vote on this thread is very likely how I would vote on your game play. ;)

Edited by UGLYMRJ

and this isn't even a troll attempt, it's the truth. marauders/sents, pt/vanguards and to some degree even dps guardians/juggs are EVERYWHERE, roflstomping everything. I guess it's time to get that bat out that killed sorc and operative, right?

I understand your frustration - my main is a jugg and I hulksmash the crap out of stuff. However, I also have a sorc, a commando, and a scoundrel, and if I'm by myself - or I have no support, I die ultrafast. On the other hand, if I have guard, cross heals, and peels, I literally laugh at EVERYTHING that comes after me. An EXCELLENT mara may get me to 70% health if I only have guard on me, before I kill him myself. The rail shotting pt? Yeah, double dot him, then force speed around a corner, heal up, and when he gets los on, electrocute, then own him. The jugg who is about to smash? overload then feel sorry that his 6k smash hit me for nothing. But again, it all depends on having support and not rambo'ing stuff, because I will lose if I do that.

Key is that if you're by yourself or you have no support, you HAVE to lose. Because if you don't, when you do get support, NOTHING IN THIS GAME can kill you.

While I applaud the levity of your thread title, I just felt compelled to point out that it simply isn't true. Marauders/Sents and PTs/Vans aren't making peeps unsub simply because, at this point, everyone has rolled one. In fact, one might even say an argument could be made that these classes have saved the game. ;)

No it's Gunslingers casting AOEs on themselves :rolleyes:

Honestly this game is pretty balanced.

Was probably one of the funnier posts I've read in awhile, right next to the Exiles claiming to be the best PvP guild.

:p

saved implies that the game isn't in trouble. I think it is. and think the lack of new pve content coupled with the nebulous status of xserver pvp queues ARE killing the game.

/begin rant

on a less urgent note: can you please fix/buff the damn commandos in pvp? I've invested an awful lot in mine to be the last choice in every role simply because of my AC. i'm also tired of listening to ppl fail to interrupt bosses in pve while I'm the one lame duck with no interrupts. ***? is an interrupt going to make commandos op?

/end rant

While I applaud the levity of your thread title, I just felt compelled to point out that it simply isn't true. Marauders/Sents and PTs/Vans aren't making peeps unsub simply because, at this point, everyone has rolled one. In fact, one might even say an argument could be made that these classes have saved the game. ;)

sadly this may be even true. my intent was to just express my extreme frustration with the amount of those classes in every damn warzone.

and this isn't even a troll attempt, it's the truth. marauders/sents, pt/vanguards and to some degree even dps guardians/juggs are EVERYWHERE, roflstomping everything. I guess it's time to get that bat out that killed sorc, merc and operative, right?

I blame this problem on 1.2. Everything was more balanced then.

Couldn't you just comment in the 137 other nerf posts? Did you really need to start a new one?

My vote on this thread is very likely how I would vote on your game play. ;)

You obviously counted because clearly you need to make an effort to respond to every one given that you play both PT and Marauder feel the need to defend your overpowered class. I guess bad players need all the advantages they can get.

If you think anyone takes you seriously you're kidding yourself.

Edited by Gidoru

It's not maras/sents or PT's/Vanguards making people unsub....

It's the 4 repetitive warzones, the bugs still present from launch, the lag/stuttering they introduced with 1.3 and general boredom!!! In a nutshell :p

don't worry as long as teams of them are just charging and railshotting and not stunlocking they wont get nerfed.

honestly as someone who's two most geared chars are a sent and a vanguard my opinion is:

Sent's should probably have their group speed buff nerfed a bit so ranked groups don't feel it necessary to always run a combat sent. otherwise its just they have too many defensive cool downs with too short of cool downs so I suggest increasing cool down on GBTF to 3min base instead of 1min 30 sec. or maybe even take it away entirely.

Vanguards have far too easy of a time assisting and staying on targets combined with incredible burst. I suggest shorting max range on incendiary round, HiB and sticky grenade/assault plasique to 10m, also perhaps make it only their own dots allow for HiB so teams of Vanguards don't help each other as much. That may not even be enough, they may need some straight decreases in the damage of some of their abilities.

I consider both classes OP, sent mostly for 1v1 and for having silly survivability, Vanguard for having unstoppable damage that so easily assists and is so mobile that it just dominates rateds.

After two rounds of layoffs, server merges, and the executive producer leaving I wouldn't hold my breath on any significant changes coming to this game. This would include the balancing of marauder\sentinals and power tech\vanguards. If you really want to pvp, gou might as well roll either one now or just start working on your GW2 builds now.

Agreed, it's very much an accumulative problem and caused by the community. If people had been sticking to their original classes instead of rolling fotmers all the time there would have been diversity. No one would have had a problem with a total of 2-3 maras/pt'es in every game, it's when there's 5 and up it becomes a problem....and there are many warzones like that. It doesnt matter how good you are, you will at some point get focused by two players and when those two players always come from classes that will burn through you in seconds it'll get old real fast. I'm not even talking about a chance to fight 2 vs 1, only a chance to escape or do something back before you die. Edited by MidichIorian

You obviously counted because clearly you need to make an effort to respond to every one given that you play both PT and Marauder feel the need to defend your overpowered class. I guess bad players need all the advantages they can get.

the fact that you, a sniper, continue to complain about classes you are a hard counter to, undermines your credibility to the point that I think you should probably walk away now.

Don't get me wrong i do believe marauders and sents have a slight survivability advantage with the massive amounts of DPS they give out..

I don't believe its causing people to unsub. It really isn't that bad, I am a shadow and i take down marauders on a regular basis it depends on the player. Some marauders i come up against cut through me like a knife through hot butter.

As for Powertechs they are nothing special and i don't even play them or vanguard.

kinda of funny that you are qqing about him while you do the same thing and cry in every nerf PT thread also..