Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Enough is enough!

Wraiven

After sifting through 6 pages of BS from people without a clue, somebody finally posted a proper response to the topic. Nothing more to see here, thank you.

I know I am on a PvP server....to be killed in open world is to be expected. But here lately, more and more Republics are camping the Poisonous Strat area and pulling mobs into people who are trying to get their dailies finished. It's not that they just happen to be there, it's the fact that they will sit and camp there for hours on end.

Where is the line drawn between fair PvP play and grieving players?

I'm sure there are Imperial players who are doing the same thing to the Republics, which IMO is not right either. I just want to know, is this legal play or is this a bannable offense?

There was one guy, who has not been around for a long time who sat there 24/7. I guess he was banned because I have not seen him in over a week now. But now that he's gone, there have been others to take his place. Not sure what kind of kicks they are getting out of it, you get nothing out of it. There seems to be no point to this.

Anyone who plays on Prophecy of the Five know exactly what and who I am referring to.

Edited by Wraiven

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfer to a PvE server.

Why? I love the PvP server I am on. I just hate that the NPCs will actually aggro on to us if a player runs into them. You can hit the player trying to grief you, then he will speed run in to two or three Elite mobs...causing those mobs to aggro on you. That is just a borked mechanic if you ask me.

LOL so many things wrong with your post, the biggest being thinking your being griefed on a pvp server, I HIGHLY suggest you transfer if you actually believe that.

You know, if it were not for the fact that EVERY PvPer on our server that I have seen in chat talk about this feels the same way, I would agree with you. Even in PvP there are certain things you just don't do. Exploiting a game mechanic is one of them.

That would be like me telling you, on your PvE server, that if you don't like your PvE server mates Power Leveling and playing like noobs cause they don't know their class, then you should re-roll on a PvP server. When a mechanic is being exploited, it's grieving.

Not sure how anyone could argue with that and hold a straight face while actually expecting anyone with common sense and a bit of intelligence to take you seriously.

Edited by Wraiven

I get how you feel, but you've actually been lucky so far.

Despite how everyone seems to have fond memories of Ajunta Pall (R.I.P) I remember that I couldn't do my class missions on Voss because Pubs kept camping the NEUTRAL med center and using AoEs that pulled me into combat. [bW, what were you thinking?!?].

They seemed to camp the med center on a rotation of 5 50s every 8 hours so 15 50s on 3 shifts. I assume that they were no-life losers based on this behaviour.

Interfering with the Illum +2 Heroic? That's annoying but there are Belsavis and BH district Heroics.

I know I am on a PvP server....to be killed in open world is to be expected. But here lately, more and more Republics are camping the Poisonous Strat area and pulling mobs into people who are trying to get their dailies finished. It's not that they just happen to be there, it's the fact that they will sit and camp there for hours on end.

I'm sure there are Imperial players who are doing the same thing to the Republics, which IMO is not right either. I just want to know, is this legal play or is this a bannable offense?

There was one guy, who has not been around for a long time who sat there 24/7. I guess he was banned because I have not seen him in over a week now. But now that he's gone, there have been others to take his place. Not sure what kind of kicks they are getting out of it, you get nothing out of it. There seems to be no point to this.

Anyone who plays on Prophecy of the Five know exactly what and who I am referring to.

I don't know what lines Bioware has put up when comparing PvP and griefing but this isn't exactly anything new. You are on a PvP server and stuff like this will be a daily occurance. The warnings are there about joining a PvP server and the choice was yours. This isn't anything special either considering on just about any other MMO, people will do the same things. The difference is that those people make friends and groups and kill the ******es that are camping instead of coming to the forums to cry.

i saw someone in another thread talking about doing whatever he can to prevent the other faction from progressing. whether it's not people from getting datacrons, to stopping them from killing world bosses and even doing dailies. everything he does to stop the opposing faction from progressing is in essence making his faction stronger.

in a pvp server i say anything goes. especially in an MMO like this where open world pvp is so forgiving. there's no such thing as grieving when you can teleport away and lose nothing from dying.

you really should join a pve server though

You guys are honestly taking me for somebody who regrets being on a PvP server. If what is going on is not considered grieving, then so be it. But considering the fact that there is one individual who has been doing this every single day since I have been on this server, no longer hangs out here and is no longer heard about, I am curious if it is because this individual has been banned for doing so.

People are attempting to make me out to be crying here, when in fact, I just want to know, is this grieving, or is it not. I do not mean your interpretation, I want to know the Dev's interpretation of whether or not this is grieving. If this is in fact fair play, then so be it. Until I know for sure, I feel that it was necessary to post about this on the forums....not "crying" as you so put it.

So easy to call it crying I guess. It's the interwebs favorite derogatory trolling word. It baits so many...not gonna work here.

I...salute it actually. In a game where world pvp is non existant and ganking happens like once while you lvl 1-50, that's kinda smart.

Working as intended.

People are attempting to make me out to be crying here, when in fact, I just want to know, is this grieving, or is it not. I do not mean your interpretation, I want to know the Dev's interpretation of whether or not this is grieving. If this is in fact fair play, then so be it. Until I know for sure, I feel that it was necessary to post about this on the forums....not "crying" as you so put it.

It's griefing alright. No doubt there.

Edited by VukMarkov

OP if you want advice ...

there is hardly anything that BW will do about that aggro thing. And with encouters like this in open world, you just bring more ppl than they have and crush them. That's the law of the open world pvp. Or you can make your own group to camp their H2 on Ilum....

Hi!

I am not playing on an PvP server but if I were playing there and in your situation (yes, I think it _is_ griefing what they are doing), I would not wait for Mods to solve the problem but instead build a task force of your faction, identify the griefer's, seek them out on their lurking spot and give them what they ask for. :)

And as soon as someone reports that they are doing their thing on another spot, same procedure there. I'd assume that after they get their heads handed to them for the 7 or 8 time they might reconsider their habit...

Just my 2 credits, Niko

OP if you want advice ...

there is hardly anything that BW will do about that aggro thing. And with encouters like this in open world, you just bring more ppl than they have and crush them. That's the law of the open world pvp. Or you can make your own group to camp their H2 on Ilum....

Yeah, soon as we discover the camper, we immediately grab our guild mates and mow them (the mobs and the players) down so that they can not use the mobs to help them. Problem is, no matter how many times you kill this particular player (now plural "players") they just keep coming back.

Here are the draw backs of what is happening here;

1: The players are NEVER the one's who kill you. It is always the NPC's who kill you. So Armor damage occurs, which costs money.

2: This mechanic I believe was intended due to there being an actual PvP zone within the map. I'm just not so sure if the mechanic was intended for a PvE area of the map. IMO, if you chose to fight a player, you do so at your own risk. Not sure what the Devs were thinking when allowing players to pull mobs in to you that you were nowhere near to begin with.

These players who are grieving, will first order their companions to attack you. Which in turn puts the player in to Battle Mode. Once this happens, the player who is now in Battle Mode will run to any and all NPC's he can possibly find. What this does is send the NPC's into aggro mode, which will be directed at the player who is unaware that that anything is happening at all, or even unaware the player was even there.

next thing you know, you have not one, not two, but several mobs running at you. Well, three to four Elite mobs make quick work of even the best geared players. The grieving player never once has to face you. he/she let's the NPC's do all the dirty work. If you do by chance find this player who is causing all the trouble, he simply vanishes and waits to strike again.

Now I am not sure what the Dev's consider to be grieving, but if I had to guess, this is pushing it really close to being an issue that can get a player banned.

Edited by Wraiven

Whats the problem? Its a PVP server and generally that means people like to PVP for fun.

I play both factions and camp both daily areas, Belsavis when i am on my rep toon i hang out in the cave or whatever it is on that quest you kill 2 republic elites (officers) the BH well ya i force push dudes into radioactive waste all the time, Ilum the turret and get the ammo cases quest area is fun pew pew .. I even kill my own guild mates cause its fun. Just looking for a fight cause i like world PVP and thats why i rolled on a PVP server. If i kill enough people generally it will bring a fight and thats what i actually want.

Ill tell the truth it does get boring and I rarely do it these days as the expertise stat tends to make it very one sided but I do love it when the PVP guys show up to do their daily grind as ill never figure out why all these PVPers rolled on a PVP server and get mad although that is the funny part of it. You care? I don't even care it doesn't cost anything to PVP in this game as I don't loose my ship or get looted on death so its a big whatever.

Ill even confess> Once i was on my sent and killed a guy many times over and over who was in my guild on imp side and logged out of my rep toon and logged on with my jugg and he was still mad and asked to go help kill this Sent that kept on killing him I said sure lets go and I was just laughing non stop as he raged on vent over this D-bag Sent that was killing him over and over and well that was actually me... So yes I like to PVP so much i even went to hunt myself down...actually it was the taste of his tears that was like candy I couldn't get enough tbh lol.

Everything about OP and people who think like that or agree with that are whats wrong with the MMO world imo.. TY yet again Blizzard nice hack job on playing a major part in creating these special PooPoo Bears...

In short its a PVP server................... Duuuurrrrrrr!!!!

Edited by Razot

This is what we call payback for the Imps who do this in our Ilum heroic. All the time. Every day.

Why? I love the PvP server I am on. I just hate that the NPCs will actually aggro on to us if a player runs into them. You can hit the player trying to grief you, then he will speed run in to two or three Elite mobs...causing those mobs to aggro on you. That is just a borked mechanic if you ask me.

our choices have consequences

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.