Game is Boring, Sorry

Shockazilla

For me, game is just boring. I got level 50, all professions to 400, and 4 other toons in mid-40s, (2 more in 30s), and it is just dull.

The plot-lines are very linear, some intriguing, but ultimately not very engaging or exciting, sometimes even lame. I think I get more enjoyment out of single player like Force Unleashed II or the future Star Wars 1313 and other games as well as pen 'n paper SW games.

Also, the worlds are very limited, just a big 3D box. There's no exploring regions, continents, so it doesn't feel like a world. The game is just limited to these boxed worlds and space station mostly, with some instances and operations, oh, and an embedded space pilot game.

There's NO real 3D, such as aerial combat or vehicles. We're in a space, but yet, everything is grounded. This just seems absurd for any space oriented MMO. Gone is the opportunity to pilot or acquire vehicles, fight with vehicles, etc. In space, it would be very cool to build ships that were not generic brand, travel across hyperspace tunnels, maybe have occasional random encounters (pirates, etc.), and fight it out.

And I might dare say, that there's not much originality in the theme, except some borrowed bits from KOTR like the assassin droid and Revan. SWTOR looks essentially like Clone Troopers vs. Imperials, and fudge it a little (occasional dressing like space cowboys, etc.). There are so many opportunities to explore new and different eras with different cultures, but instead we relive a Imperial or Clone Troopers Republic style world.

Edited by Shockazilla
Spelling Mistakes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why do you seriously think that people care about what you as 1 person think about that game?

Just go back to that other game and let us enjoy this game wich is far superior to that other game. Go back to Stormwind and do nothing....ops, spoiled it.

For me, game is just boring. I got level 50, all professions to 400, and 4 other toons in mid-40s, (2 more in 30s), and it is just dull.

The plot-lines are very linear, some intriguing, but ultimately not very engaging or exciting, sometimes even lame. I think I get more enjoyment out of single player like Force Unleashed II or the future Star Wars 1313 and other games as well as pen 'n paper SW games.

Also, the worlds are very limited, just a big 3D box. There's no exploring regions, continents, so it doesn't feel like a world. The game is just limited to these boxed worlds and space station mostly, with some instances and operations, oh, and an embedded space pilot game.

There's NO real 3D, such as aerial combat or vehicles. We're in a space, but yet, everything is grounded. This just seems absurd for any space oriented MMO. Gone is the opportunity to pilot or acquire vehicles, fight with vehicles, etc. In space, it would be very cool to build ships that were not generic brand, travel across hyperspace tunnels, maybe have occasional random encounters (pirates, etc.), and fight it out.

And I might dare say, that there's not much originality in the theme, except some borrowed bits from KOTR like the assassin droid and Revan. SWTOR looks essentially like Clone Troopers vs. Imperials, and fudge it a little (occasional dressing like space cowboys, etc.). There are so many opportunities to explore new and different eras with different cultures, but instead we relive a Imperial or Clone Troopers Republic style world.

I know what you're saying. So much potential... it's frustrating.

Sounds like you need a break. Cancel your sub for awhile and hopefully come back once, hopefully, there is some good new content to explore.

So you got to 50.

Next is your journey with the next 7 stories :)

You should also press "x" of the crew skills you have and try a new set of skills. You will find some are better than others. There are 8 full blown stories in here. Some with different ish endings.

This doesn't say the game is boring.

This says you are bored with the game.

There's a difference.

Edited by Skoobie

game was fun for me for about the first two months. Then i got bored also. So I cancelled , last February.

Frankly I am surprised anyone is playing , what do you guys do each day ? or ever once a week that you may log in.

Let me rephrase that , Why do players still log in?

game was fun for me for about the first two months. Then i got bored also. So I cancelled , last February.

Frankly I am surprised anyone is playing , what do you guys do each day ? or ever once a week that you may log in.

Let me rephrase that , Why do players still log in?

I still log in because I still have fun.

So let me ask you, why do people who claim they long ago unsubed still come to the forums?

I still log in because I still have fun.

So let me ask you, why do people who claim they long ago unsubed still come to the forums?

I unsubbed long ago , fact

I come here out of morbid curiousity , same thing you do when you look at a car accident on the highway.

P.S. if you dont already understand how and why many of us who unsubbed can still post here ,just give up trying to figure it out and dont question us. You will not be able to understand how we can still post here , just drop it.

Edited by Blavatsky

why does it bother you that they do? its very close to the point where there are MORE ppl who have QUIT swtor than there are still playing it....

the question is, will anyone still post on these forums then?

It doesn't bother me, we were asked a question, I asked one back.

Care to actually prove your statement?

I unsubbed long ago , fact

I come here out of morbid curiousity , same thing you do when you look at a car accident on the highway.

P.S. if you dont already understand how and why many of us who unsubbed can still post here ,just give up trying to figure it out and dont question us. You will not be able to understand how we can still post here , just drop it.

It's not a question of being able to post, it's a question of why people who claim they don't like the game still follow it.

I think you all actually like the game, and come back to check up on it.

Edited by Skoobie

The last thing this game needs is a community filled with people whom's best advice for people with complaints about the game is to leave. Don't know why we haven't figured this one out yet. Half of an mmo is the community. If the game blows but has a great community, people would tend to stick it out. Just sayin..