Patch 1.4 Reviews - New PVP System Development.

EXPORTERS

Valor is going to play a big part down the road in PVP, you are just observing the beginning of RWZ.

RWZ is not individual stat obtained in PVP...just team ranking.

Here is BW official cross server examination before the release of 1.4.

The groups, 4 or 8 man will be done by valor rating and added into the system to generate a total from the total valor to equal a fair fight.

Examples:

WH geared player + WH gear modded out to maximize gear on WH player = Valor 85 - 100

WH geared player, not modded out on WH Player = Valor 70 - 85

How this system will work is by numbers, not gear...Valor will determine where you are in PVP with skill sets.

Anyone who is valor 100 as another example, is considered to be an optimal player with excellent gear and should know the in's and out's of other class abilities, so if you have 8 players who are valor 100, that would equal 800.

The total 800 is put into que, looking for a match on the cross servers for the same number or a bracket we will say for the range of valor 85 - 100.

This system will separate the boys from the girls for team matching without to much over powering groups.

1.4 will be the ball breakers on all class abilities in PVP where nerfs and buffs will come into play.

BW is aware of the so called FOTM club and this will be dissolved and resolved.

Class stacking will be no more with 4 maurders, 4 pyrotechs...etc. a spreadsheet will be developed so only again as an example, 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps can group for 4 man RWZ and 2 tanks, 2 healers and 4 dps for 8 mans.

The system when que, will already know what part you are playing since it will reflect your talent points.

On a final solution on hybrids...there is none, that will be taken away where they will force you to go 31 points in a tree where a 15% or 20% increase in bonus will force you to head that direction.

This is the only means to accurately balance out PVP in a raid scenario and valor system.

LFG (RWZ) will also be deployed by the valor system to making it fair among the cross server realm.

If you feel this system is unfair, please speak out.

Thank You.

Edited by EXPORTERS

Good thing my whole guild is jumping ship before 1.4 comes out :D Huge rebalancing should have been done during 1.3 so we had the whole preseason to adjust to it. Letting season 1 go live with massive changes to all classes is just another epic fail imo. Even if guild wars 2 is horrible itll still be better than this game by a long shot. Can't wait!

Valor is going to play a big part down the road in PVP, you are just observing the beginning of RWZ.

RWZ is not individual stat obtained in PVP...just team ranking.

Here is BW official cross server examination before the release of 1.4.

The groups, 4 or 8 man will be done by valor rating and added into the system to generate a total from the total valor to equal a fair fight.

Examples:

WH geared player + WH gear modded out to maximize gear on WH player = Valor 85 - 100

WH geared player, not modded out on WH Player = Valor 70 - 85

How this system will work is by numbers, not gear...Valor will determine where you are in PVP with skill sets.

Anyone who is valor 100 as another example, is considered to be an optimal player with excellent gear and should know the in's and out's of other class abilities, so if you have 8 players who are valor 100, that would equal 800.

The total 800 is put into que, looking for a match on the cross servers for the same number or a bracket we will say for the range of valor 85 - 100.

This system will separate the boys from the girls for team matching without to much over powering groups.

1.4 will be the ball breakers on all class abilities in PVP where nerfs and buffs will come into play.

BW is aware of the so called FOTM club and this will be dissolved and resolved.

Class stacking will be no more with 4 maurders, 4 pyrotechs...etc. a spreadsheet will be developed so only again as an example, 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps can group for 4 man RWZ and 2 tanks, 2 healers and 4 dps for 8 mans.

The system when que, will already know what part you are playing since it will reflect your talent points.

On a final solution on hybrids...there is none, that will be taken away where they will force you to go 31 points in a tree where a 15% or 20% increase in bonus will force you to head that direction.

This is the only means to accurately balance out PVP in a raid scenario and valor system.

LFG (RWZ) will also be deployed by the valor system to making it fair among the cross server realm.

Thank You.

the very least you could do is post a link...

Thank You.

The quoted reveals the post as his opinion and thus should be ignored, especially since Valor = time invested and any scrub can hit Valor 100 eventually. Not a good way to tier it and BW has already gone with the ELO system, which is an actual mathematical rating system as opposed to the arbitrary "Draw lines in the sand at this Valor level" that he is advocating.

Edited by Daiyukie

Good thing my whole guild is jumping ship before 1.4 comes out :D Huge rebalancing should have been done during 1.3 so we had the whole preseason to adjust to it. Letting season 1 go live with massive changes to all classes is just another epic fail imo. Even if guild wars 2 is horrible itll still be better than this game by a long shot. Can't wait!

GW2 is crap. You'll get bored of it quickly. If you dont.. your far too easily pleased

Stupid idea. After server's merge I got 2 exact shadows with 74+ ratings both on same server. I mean it - exact - since I rerolled before transfer. Having them 2 I just changed build of 1 of them. And I had to buy recrut gear to start from scratch.

Also, don't forget about cheated Valor on Ilum for old chars.

The quoted reveals the post as his opinion and thus should be ignored, especially since Valor = time invested and any scrub can hit Valor 100 eventually. Not a good way to tier it and BW has already gone with the ELO system, which is an actual mathematical rating system as opposed to the arbitrary "Draw lines in the sand at this Valor level" that he is advocating.

Did I quote something here?

The ELO system was a bad design by BW and inaccurate to generate a positive outcome from randomization.

The valor = time spent is just what you do to gain experience and gear to further your understanding of the games mechanics on each character played and fought in PVP. Your comments is selfish in many ways and shouldn't discourage suggestive ideas to assist BW on future patches.

Time spent is what BW is looking for, not hand outs. Valor group numbers is a simple concept to interpreted and generate to deploy a even group in PVP cross servers when 1.4 comes out.

You mentioned any scrub can hit 100 valor, well these scrubs have come along way to grind 100 and 99% of them are good players, since most scrubs can't get past 80, never mind 70 before throwing in the towel.

On another note, arena style game play 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 will not be in anytime put to thought until the matter of balancing is more hashed out in cross server execution.

The developers at BW have there own servers that are already in testing for cross servers and in a month, we should hear more on their results.

In the meantime, what was said in this post is a source from BW.

Thanks for reading

DAoC clone >>> than queing the same warzones day after day after day after....

uhhhhh Guild Wars 2 has only one 'warzone' type and there is currently like 2-3 maps for it. So....................apparently doing 1 warzone over and over again day after day >>> doing multiple different warzones day after day?

And before you say something about world pvp.

1. World pvp is not competitive it is a big zerg

2. I highly doubt there will be enough people doing world pvp during all hours of the day. More likely there might be a couple hour window in which world pvp happens, leaving you a whole lot of time to do what?

3. Honestly world pvp is fun. It is not so fun that you want the spend the next days weeks or even months doing it day after day.

The ELO system was a bad design by BW and inaccurate to generate a positive outcome from randomization.

The valor = time spent is just what you do to gain experience and gear to further your understanding of the games mechanics on each character played and fought in PVP. Your comments is selfish in many ways and shouldn't discourage suggestive ideas to assist BW on future patches.

Time spent is what BW is looking for, not hand outs. Valor group numbers is a simple concept to interpreted and generate to deploy a even group in PVP cross servers when 1.4 comes out.

You mentioned any scrub can hit 100 valor, well these scrubs have come along way to grind 100 and 99% of them are good players, since most scrubs can't get past 80, never mind 70 before throwing in the towel.

On another note, arena style game play 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 will not be in anytime put to thought until the matter of balancing is more hashed out in cross server execution.

The developers at BW have there own servers that are already in testing for cross servers and in a month, we should hear more on their results.

In the meantime, what was said in this post is a source from BW.

Thanks for reading

Link or it didn't happen.

Didn't read past this line, because you clearly didn't understand my post. "The quoted" = the part of your post I quoted, and "reveals the post to be his opinion" = not actual Bioware information, not official announcements, not anything but your own veiled opinion.

The way you present your post is misleading and pretending to be commenting on some kind of official information that you made up, therefore it should be ignored because it's got as much validity as anything else you can pull from your bunghole.

uhhhhh Guild Wars 2 has only one 'warzone' type and there is currently like 2-3 maps for it. So....................apparently doing 1 warzone over and over again day after day >>> doing multiple different warzones day after day?

2. I highly doubt there will be enough people doing world pvp during all hours of the day. More likely there might be a couple hour window in which world pvp happens, leaving you a whole lot of time to do what?

3. Honestly world pvp is fun. It is not so fun that you want the spend the next days weeks or even months doing it day after day.

good troll post, have fun with your fail mmo, f2p by december btw prob half of the current swtor players only bought this game to hold them over tell gw2 is released.

Edited by vwsupra

1. Only if you don't know how to do it. Coordinated world PvP is extremely competitive. It takes work, and lots of it, to coordinate 50+ people per team.

2. Only us old-school players.

3. Yes it is, just not to you. I hate the graphics and the storylines in GW2, and I'll still play it for actual open world PvP, until something better comes along.

i loled irl.

i loled irl.

Yeah that was good. Do not get me wrong some of them are good but I cant help but wonder how many of them used ilum to really boost their valor.

To me valor is a measure of time spent PvPing not a measure of skill.

Edited by cycao