Why do you not play ranked PvP?

NathanielStarr

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) We play the same team over and over again. The team that wins ALWAYS wins and the other team stops queuing. No more rateds for that day.

2) Comp dependency means play the FOTM spec on the FOTM class or no one wants you.

3) Takes FOREVER to get a decently geared team together. Then you get smashed by a guild team and you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

5) Warzones are now speed based, but only for the first 30 seconds. Whoever caps the turret first keeps it. Nodes don't flip. Alderaan side turrets never flip, middle never gets capped, whoever caps side turret first wins by 5. Denova nodes never flip, whoever caps first keeps it. Voidstar doors are camped by engineer snipers/sabotage gunslingers and never get planted on. Voidstar tie break system = fail.

Rated teams use every exploit, trick, and FOTM tool in the box to win. That actually makes the game 10x less fun. I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?

^ This.

Roll into a match. Its almost ALWAYS:

2 or 3 PT/VGs, 2 or 3 Maras/Sents, Shadow/Sin Tank, Smash Jugg/Guard, Op/Scou Healer, Sage/Inq Healer.

It seems thats all the people on my server even WANT to run. This is frustrating. I understand the desire to build that "perfect" team but it sucks for those that have no real desire to play those classes. I think it just goes to show how "balanced" things are. Ive seen some really good DPS Commandos/Mercs, Snipers/Gunslingers, DPS Sages/Inqs but theyre routinely told "Nah. We will take another PT/VG." Solo queueing everyday because youre locked out due to your class selection sucks. BW needs to pay attention to their "metrics", put 2 and 2 together and realize that their "balance" needs a whole new look. Or perhaps BW has just redefined what that word means?

When I click on my PVP que icon I read the following:

Highest Earned: --

Wins: 0

Losses: 1

Total wins 276

Player Kills: 9679

Medals Earned: 4514

MVP Votes: 219

Valor: 74

So I "face stomped" ten thousand "bad" players? Not even one of them was good? So entering a ranked zone in my full set of augmented War Hero gear is a means to get easy WH comms? To spend on what? So I have L2P issues? Really? After almost 300 wins?

Believe me, after 10 thousand player kills, there is nothing I have not seen in a warzone. The arrogance of folks that want an exclusive club, when the difference between me and them is much less than the margin between me and a new player, disturbs me greatly. I am experienced and I am geared. I want to team up with and play against players that are experienced and geared.

Eliminate queing as an ops group for solo ques. Create a separate guild matchmaking que and let them wait for hours for an ops match. That is the proper venue for ops queing. Create an entry requirement for players that don't want to team up with complete noobs. Mitigate the technological advantage of teamspeak by using solo qued matches exclusively. If both sides don't have it, neither side should have it.

I don't care about rankings or ratings. I just want to regularly enter warzones where both sides are similarly skilled, similarly communicating, and similarly geared. I'll bet the "awesome" players will be solo queing just as much as me. They will have to if they want any consistent action. I welcome the challenge of facing them on a "level" playing field. I just might surprise them. Solo ques (with no ops queing) will force the so called "elites" to type their communication more often. Big deal.

No solo ques. That is why I don't que for rateds. In the meantime, I'll "team up" with fresh 50s in recruit gear and eventually move on to a different game when it becomes entirely tiresome.

For all of you solo que "normal warzone" folks, if you are not where I am at yet, you will get there eventually......and PVP will no longer be fun. To you folks at EA....this is one poor "business model".

How do you end up with less votes than wins? You must be that guy buried in the middle of the list that got carried by people who recruit gear.

Total wins 276

So I "face stomped" ten thousand "bad" players? Not even one of them was good? So entering a ranked zone in my full set of augmented War Hero gear is a means to get easy WH comms? To spend on what? So I have L2P issues? Really? After almost 300 wins?

that does seem pretty low, but i'm new-ish to pvp'ing.. >_>

wins: 0

Losses: 5 <- general chat pug vs. the best pvp group on our server, not really a surprise. they were the only other team in queue

total wins: 176

player kills: 7917

medals earned: 3724

mvp votes received: 330

Valor: Rank 66

i figured I'm mid-pack, but apparently not.

Oh I forgot. MVP votes are a quantifiable measure. A number that is scientific in nature. A number based on real statistics. A number not based on subjectivity. A number not based on bias. A number not based on opinion.

Excuse my ignorance but let us compare medal to kill ratio. Not that much difference huh?

The only thing my stats should tell you is that there is no place for tank gear or ion shield spec in PVP. I have changed to Eliminator gear and assault spec. Wanna duel?

Edited by Sungas

Excuse my ignorance but let us compare medal to kill ratio. Not that much difference huh?

hmm.. while our medal to kill ratio is the same, our win to medal ratio is not.

your win:medal ratio: 16.4

mine win:medal ratio: 21.2

i'm not sure why there'd be a 5 medal difference (pretty big IMO) unless the people on your server just hates you.

The only thing my stats should tell you is that there is no place for tank gear or ion shield spec in PVP. I have changed to Eliminator gear and assault spec. Wanna duel?
my BM/WH gear vs. your full WH gear? sure. are you on harbinger?

fwiw, i pvp'd as a tank when i first started pvp'ing (~3-4 weeks ago, post 1.3), and i got considerably more mvp votes as a tank than I did as a dps.

Edited by oredith

fwiw, i pvp'd as a tank when i first started pvp'ing (~3-4 weeks ago, post 1.3), and i got considerably more mvp votes as a tank than I did as a dps.

Probably because any healer that isn't a complete jerkass will always give you their vote provided you guarded them. So that's a guarenteed 1 every match. Not bashing you at all, I love tanks/peelers :)

Edited by Chikun

Probably because any healer that isn't a complete jerkass will always give you their vote provided you guarded them. So that's a guarenteed 1 every match. Not bashing you at all, I love tanks/peelers :)

yup, i basically spent the entire time CC/peeling for the healers when i was pvp'ing as a tank.

i'd actually run away from the healer, into our own kill box, pull the attacker in, stun him, and then charge to the next guy, carbonize, then taunt, and use AOE taunts in the main scrim.

i also juggled my guard around on whoever was taking damage too, instead of just keeping it on the healer.

it was actually pretty fun, just not as much as melting faces as a pyro.. :p

The #1 reason is its hard to put a good team together. The #2 reason is that its hard to hold a team together through losses. It can get easier tho... If you are good and cant seem to find good ranked games, My advice is make friends, always que unranked w/ a premade, when you do solo q, try to group w/ the best players from the game afterwards. Pretty soon you'll be getting invited to ranks or know enough people to organize them yourself. If you are good enough to on average finish in say the top quarter of unranked, it really shouldn't be that hard.

yup, i basically spent the entire time CC/peeling for the healers when i was pvp'ing as a tank.

i'd actually run away from the healer, into our own kill box, pull the attacker in, stun him, and then charge to the next guy, carbonize, then taunt, and use AOE taunts in the main scrim.

i also juggled my guard around on whoever was taking damage too, instead of just keeping it on the healer.

it was actually pretty fun, just not as much as melting faces as a pyro.. :p

Screw healers begging for guard. I taunt maras that are on top of them and then melt their health down to Mara God Mode. Then it is up to the healer to save himself. I'm not going to waste time firing bullets at a brick wall. I went the guard route and it is a thankless, boring, worthless, job. Just read the posts on this page for proof. I save many more healers in assault spec. Many, many more.

Edited by Sungas

Total wins 276

Funny when I click mine it says

Highest Earned 2366

wins: 243

Losses: 10

Total Wins: 1043

Player Kills: 23081

Medals Earned: 15679

Mvp Votes: 1653

Valor: 98

So I "face stomped" ten thousand "bad" players? Not even one of them was good?

Most of them was proberly horrible ye, and I guess then one's who werent stomped you.

So entering a ranked zone in my full set of augmented War Hero gear is a means to get easy WH comms?

No, its an option to play vs competent players, and play competetive games.

So I have L2P issues? Really? After almost 300 wins?

Havent seen you play, but considering your not in a good team, and your writing posts the way you do, then I would say theres a good chance of that.

Believe me, after 10 thousand player kills, there is nothing I have not seen in a warzone.

I somehow doubt that.

The arrogance of folks that want an exclusive club, when the difference between me and them is much less than the margin between me and a new player, disturbs me greatly. I am experienced and I am geared. I want to team up with and play against players that are experienced and geared.

If thats the case, then why havent you been drafted yet ? considering how small the server comunity's are, good ppl tend to find each other rather easily.

Eliminate queing as an ops group for solo ques. Create a separate guild matchmaking que and let them wait for hours for an ops match. That is the proper venue for ops queing. Create an entry requirement for players that don't want to team up with complete noobs. Mitigate the technological advantage of teamspeak by using solo qued matches exclusively. If both sides don't have it, neither side should have it.

the Guild MM queue your talking about is called rwz, the 4 man queue posibility for normal wz's are fine as they are, if you dont even know 3 ppl who would like to play with you in normals, well wonder where the problem lies then. As for not wanting to queue with noobs, go ranked or get friends for normals.

I don't care about rankings or ratings. I just want to regularly enter warzones where both sides are similarly skilled, similarly communicating, and similarly geared. I'll bet the "awesome" players will be solo queing just as much as me. They will have to if they want any consistent action. I welcome the challenge of facing them on a "level" playing field. I just might surprise them. Solo ques (with no ops queing) will force the so called "elites" to type their communication more often. Big deal.

Get some friends if you want awesome ppl to queue with, I have no issue queueing alone when I am bored, playing with recruit geared players. To most of us it sounds like you just want good ppl to carry you, but ofc. your whole post steams of negativity, wich might just make it sound like that.

No solo ques. That is why I don't que for rateds. In the meantime, I'll "team up" with fresh 50s in recruit gear and eventually move on to a different game when it becomes entirely tiresome.

What do you think will happen when you face a fully geared and coordinated team in rwz when you solo queue for it? As for moving on to another game, that goes for alot of ppl, with alot of different reasons, for me personaly its the lack of competition in this game, ppl in general are just bad, wich makes it so that most servers might only have 1 or 2 good teams, wich makes it exceptionaly boring.

But thats not what your asking, your asking to make normal wz's give rwz marks, while only beeing open for ppl with X gear lvl, or valor rank. Most ppl who are not completely dense, knows that it has nothing to do with a persons ability to pvp.

I cant count the times I've seen a person in recruit gear be 10x as valuable than a full wh scrub farming some random place on the map.

Arrogant, self important, twit.

The game was designed around a few folks like you?

Free to play was unstoppable I suppose.

. If you are "all that", why SWTOR?

I just gotta know.

I'll give you some advice. Move to South Korea.

After fully augmenting WH gear, I find the Ettenmoors more entertaining than playing the same 4 objective based war zones over and over and over and over and over.......pvp in this game sucks.

Yet, before this game, I thought the PvP in lotro sucked...holy crap was I wrong! I completely agree...the Ettenmoors were 1000x's better than 4 warzones.

out of curiosity, what wz/battleground ISN'T objective based? do you want arenas?

what strikes me as funny is that the elite grp on my server keeps begging people to Q for rated in fleet, encouraging pugs. yet when a pug is dumb enough to Q, they just get spawn camped and 3 capped. the pugs learn nothing about strategy from their betters that way. it's utter humiliation and frustration. why on earth would they queue up for that?

what bugs me is that no middle of the road teams queue anymore. there are/were a handful of imp and rep guilds that could field solid teams. they couldn't compete with the top imp and rep teams w/o luck or bad matchups, but they were there in week one. now the Q is dry. it's the stomper or the stomped. my guild recently lost a guardian (unsubbed). now we're not running rwz's cuz we can't put together a competitive comp.

so...meh. need a much bigger pool of teams and a matching system that works (or ppl will just stop Qing as they have now)

Arrogant, self important, twit.

pot, meet kettle.

If you write a QQ post like that, basicly self proclaiming your own awesomeness, be preparede for ppl to take you down a notch. As allways the problem in games like this are that most ppl think they are alot better than they are, and the reason they lose are everybody else's fault.

The game was designed around a few folks like you?

That would be flattering, if they designed a whole game around me.

Free to play was unstoppable I suppose.

Since they are not correcting what needs to be corrected, then ye, really got nothing to do with this thread though.

. If you are "all that", why SWTOR?

Got tired of WoW, 8 Seasons of Arena and gladiator was enough for me, waiting for GW2, need something to do meanwhile, lightsabers are cool and stuff.

I just gotta know.

And I am kind enough to answer.

I'll give you some advice. Move to South Korea.

The only real reason to move to South Korea would be to go pro in the SC2 scene, and playing casual master lvl sc2, is no where near enough to justify that, I simply do not have the time, or will to go pro in sc2.

I finally got enough decent people together to run RWZs on Friday night and no one from the pub side was queuing. We played Stoic like 6 times in a row and it's entirely your fault for not taking your own advice to queue for ranked, Pistols.

This is my new reason for not playing ranked. (just to stay on topic)

Meh i am waiting untill i have all my WH gear and its fully augmented. However in my opinion there really is not any WZ at the moment that is based upon skill which a ranked WZ should be about.

Example:

Hutt ball is more about how many maras or jugs the team has to spam hop to victory.

voidstar is more about howmany spam AOE players you have on the team to keep them from capping a node.

cival war is about howmany bust dps fotoms you have to spam kill em before they can fly back to the node.

novare is about more burst dps and somewhat simular to the cival war strategy.

what they need is a more skill based WZ that relys more on skill and cunning vrs how many fotoms / classes the team has and relys on all classes and abilities.

perhaps this:

A raid type of WZ where objectives must be met to move onto a new area, make this area large and have the feeling of open world pvp. at the end of the wz the team that won the most objectives can fight a boss that drops class specific gear and comms.

this would be more about skill and team work not about what team has the most of one class.

I finally got enough decent people together to run RWZs on Friday night and no one from the pub side was queuing. We played Stoic like 6 times in a row and it's entirely your fault for not taking your own advice to queue for ranked, Pistols.

This is my new reason for not playing ranked. (just to stay on topic)

Yeah Friday night was a total bust for us, Saturday night wasn't much better either. :(

We've been pretty much gathering new players into the fold with a lot of regulars unsubbing. Sucks.

if the FOTM class system is not fixed and the winning decided on

class-spec-gear-skill in that order, pvp and hence ranked pvp will first be monopolized by the FOTM classes and eventually consume itself and die out...

its not the ranked system that is the ONLY broken thing... and fixing ONLY that will not solve anything...

regards

I do play rwz but about to stop because there is no point after you got full WH , to grind for coms so rating for epeen gear is what you do. Once someone disconnects, uses exploit or lags or bugs there is no grace period to let them back in and youve lost. When you lose to a stupid reason like that you get pissed because it means you lost 10-20 rating, wich youve earned over several wins because you only gain between 3-7 rating per win. (the lack of a working matchmaking system where you lose less rating when playing higher rated people, or win more when playing them, DUE to the lack of team variety, DUE to the lack of crossrealm ques or generally players doing rated.)

This also makes people really nervous to play their mains with a team that has the "wrong setup" (jug tank in huttball, undergeared people, too many sorcs/sages, no cookiecutter specs, marauder with speedbuffs etc etc)

Wich means unless you have a good setup it doesnt happen and you lose and people become more upset and on and on and on.

TL : DR; its all kinds of messed up.

Edited by Dasgruberg

The toon i pvp with has the war hero gear from doing PuG, pvp has no other real impact and i could careless about ranked.

When i want to pvp i just que up solo and i spend the tokens on my companions hoping that one day i can use them in open world pvp, but til then i just sit on fleet all the time.

/sigh

Just played like 8 matches in the middle of the day today.

Two coordinated pug teams, and we added new players from fleet as people dropped. And we traded good players for bad if the games were unbalanced. So, just about every game was close... And pops were almost instant after every round.

This is what people need to start doing on your own servers, reclaim rwz for the common (amateur) man. Set up your own "solo queues". Coordinate two teams and queue up together. Do our own matchmaking by playing against teams of our own caliber and gear level.

Edited by heechJunzi

I'm only level 49 with my pvp char, and I can tell you why I have no interest in playing ranked...

People take the game too seriously. I've been cursed out. I've seen other teammates get cursed out. And I've seen idiots keep typing FFS all the darn time and insulting the whole team. I can imagine how bad they would be if it actually counted for real.

Nothing makes you feel worse than people raking you over the coals for losing. Sometimes it's your fault, and sometimes it's not either way, I don't want any part of it. I'd rather just play for fun and ignore sore loser loudmouths.