Why do you not play ranked PvP?

NathanielStarr

Ranked WZ must be only for premades - any premades - 2, 3, 4, 8.

Regular WZ must be only for solo queue.

Wanna team play - go to ranked for competitive team play with equal chances of voice communications of all players.

Wanna random PUG fight - go to regular WZ with equal chances of no voice comms.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why i not play ranked?

- I'm in a small guild, so it takes time to get the full 8 team together at the first place, a lot of guildies are

in ops or hm flashpoints.

- No crossfaction ingame chat function. When we finally managed to get a group together, it became a looooong wait

in uncertainty IF there was actually other teams queing for ranked. Which of course meant one or two ppl decided

to leave, and just queue solo.

- We did however get into a couple of matches, and we got rolled of course. We sorta suspected that beforehand, realize we need some serious training, but given the first two points, i have sorta given up on ranked for the moment. And no, i don't think gear was the issue , more a lack of coordination and practice.

So, conclusion?

For my part, i would like for the queue window to show how many other teams are currently in queue for ranked,

and their rating. Would also like to see a global crossfaction chat channel.

(EDIT) For my own part, i could probaly join a more active pvp guild.

I know we can go to a planet that allows for cross-faction meeting, but thing is, planets tends to have long

(re)load times, and no pvp vendors and quest box. Ilum load times isn't too bad though.

Edited by Kattla

I never thought ranked was a big deal to begin with. I never made a big stink about it not being released in 1.2. Ranked Solo queue would be nice. I don't have the kind of dedication to this game anymore to have a full team of 8.

<3 u.

1)

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

This

This is it number 1. I don't have 8 people to que with. If we could que solo or 2-4 people I would do it. If more people could que solo then their would.be more varied skilled/geared people in ranked and you wouldn't have to face the sametop geared team over and over.

Uhh how about this; your random set of buddies that have never been repeatedly facerolled by a team thats been premade for 3+ months and only logs in for pvp.... are going to be crying over vent ; when the only thing vent should be used for is conveying information to help you win:)

Ive done about 15 ranked WZ on various chars. Always the same deal.

Becausei didnt train with those very same people every day and develop tactics with them, and have the "magic" class makeup for a premade... I was facerolled 100% by teams that did.

Gets old fast.

TL;DR - I got rolled by ppl who are better, with better coordination.

With that said, a working matchmaking system would be nice, by since the population are as small as it is, there are no way for them to make a functional system, could maybe be fixed once x-server queues arrive, if they are arrive in time, wich they most likely wont.

These premades don't need gear and losing is not fun so they don't queue ranked anymore.

That leaves hardcore pvp'ers sitting in long queues and finally getting matched with random trade pug. The match is not fun for either of them so after few loses and getting 20-30 ranked comms the pugs stop queuing.

Pretty much this. To bad bioware dont understand this.I want to play hardcore but not easy with so few people wanting to play so gearing up for me is damd hard, and dont feel like grinding the normal WZ,also my favoritre class in not wanted in rated, talking about Commando. :mad:

Edited by Lord_Karsk

This is it number 1. I don't have 8 people to que with. If we could que solo or 2-4 people I would do it. If more people could que solo then their would.be more varied skilled/geared people in ranked and you wouldn't have to face the sametop geared team over and over.

Then what would be the difference between ranked and normal warzones?

All these no solo queue whining boils down to "I want ranked comms faster but I'm too lazy to find a team"

All these no solo queue whining boils down to "I want ranked comms faster but I'm too lazy to find a team"

Assumptions, assumptions. My main is totally geared, but I prefer to PUG. A solo ranked queue would give me a challenging, unknown fight but on even terms.

Assumptions, assumptions. My main is totally geared, but I prefer to PUG. A solo ranked queue would give me a challenging, unknown fight but on even terms.

As long as it's pug vs pug maybe. Pug vs team it's not gonna be an unknown fight.

Because the game isn't balanced. People can disagree all they want- but people WERE playing and the WZ queues were running like crazy before 1.2- then they just die out right after. I'm sure people are going to try to disagree- but no game goes from steady to sinking that suddenly for any reason other than a massive **** up.

The denial of biodrones who are still, to this day, trying to say that there is nothing wrong is to be expected really- it's forum goers, you will have your people who will defend the game until it's under 1000 subs and still be saying the reason it failed is because the people who left were morons- and still be telling anyone who talks bad about the game to quit. What shouldn't have happened though is for BW to develop that exact same philosophy of trying to pretend nothing's wrong, and refusing to fix anything because that would only prove they did something wrong.

Yes- admitting you messed up is always going to look bad- but when the problems are this obvious you can't cover it up by covering your eyes- and telling people you know what's wrong and how you intend to fix it will go a long way.

I find it hard though to believe such terrible choices could possibly be made by any intelligent dev team. Yet, almost every mmo that has adopted a free to play model has grown considerably more profitable soon after. I can't help but wonder if they used the subs/box sales to get a quick, large payback from their game- but always intended it to be f2p and are using the current state of the game- which was planned to tank- as an excuse to go f2p.

The only way to get people to start playing and getting the rankings rolling with brackets is to INCREASE THE GAINS FOR WINS AND LOSSES.

Take the team ratings into account when dishing out the coms. If I dish out a beatdown against a team who has a ranking lower than mine, they should get a participation prize that is more than what they would have gotten in a normal warzone. Like 5x more, to be honest.

It should be impossible to get more coms in normies than in ranked. People should want to go into ranked just to lose and get coms anyway. That is the only way to increase the population.

I haven't played ranked because guildies have been on holidays, pugging it seems pointless outside of possibly getting a few more ranked comms.

Another reason is that the kind of teams you run into are just really not fun to play against. Really any wz with more than one pyro just puts me in a bad humour. They're just a really boring spec to fight against its basically who can tunnel damage faster and get lucky with rng crits. Theres no real tactics to know against them because most of the standard counters (kiting, dispelling) just dont slow them down really.

I kind of expect when they get nerfed some other lame boring spec will get stacked in rwz's.

I just dont need the gear and standard wz's have a better spread of specs and more interesting encounters in general.

It seemed that everyone was disappointed when ranked matches were left out of 1.2, but now that they are here with 1.3 there does not seem to be too many of them happening at least not on my server (Bergeren Colony).

The reason I don't participate in them is because I cannot find people that want to, their reasons vary, so I wanted to ask the general PvP populace.

Why aren't you playing ranked PvP matches?

If you are I don't really want to know, but it seems like few are.

The real reason is that Bioware has no real match making so generally it's the pug/not very good teams getting spawn camped by the top 1-2 teams on the server 3 matches in a row until they give up discouraged.

If they made WH gear available only by playing ranked the bracket would be alive but they can't do it because there would be even more QQ from lazy/ bad players about gear holding them back.

Having better gear and winning a fight with a 30% HP/damage benefit doesn't make you good. It's called a crutch - something disabled people need to get around.

Edited by dcgregorya

Because gear isnt equal. And with it i cba farming gear JUST TO START pvping. Why should i farm for days just to be able to even start doing pvp? Besides its hard to get a good 8man team and there is nothing more frustrating than losing to bad players on my team. Its realy hard to find very good players in one team that would also accept someonw who isnt full augmented wh. Also:

-No solo queue

-Unable to prevent me from queueing with specific people similar to when i ignore somoene it prevents me from grouping in group finder.

-no cross-server and as such terrible queues and matchups

-no voice comunication

-no chat bubbles (yes, this matters alot)

-no class balance, cant play my sorc healer without getting stomped and noone heals snipers.

i could go on

Edited by celldoom

1) We play the same team over and over again. The team that wins ALWAYS wins and the other team stops queuing. No more rateds for that day.

2) Comp dependency means play the FOTM spec on the FOTM class or no one wants you.

3) Takes FOREVER to get a decently geared team together. Then you get smashed by a guild team and you wonder why you bothered in the first place.

4) No solo ranked queues. This was a SERIOUS mistake.

5) Warzones are now speed based, but only for the first 30 seconds. Whoever caps the turret first keeps it. Nodes don't flip. Alderaan side turrets never flip, middle never gets capped, whoever caps side turret first wins by 5. Denova nodes never flip, whoever caps first keeps it. Voidstar doors are camped by engineer snipers/sabotage gunslingers and never get planted on. Voidstar tie break system = fail.

Rated teams use every exploit, trick, and FOTM tool in the box to win. That actually makes the game 10x less fun. I can't play what I want. I can't play how I want. I can't even play with whom I want. Why bother playing?

That! I think that kind of ruined the game tbh :( It's a shame that such a great idea for an MMORPG got ruined ;( I wish someone else made this game.

When I click on my PVP que icon I read the following:

Highest Earned: --

Wins: 0

Losses: 1

Total wins 276

Player Kills: 9679

Medals Earned: 4514

MVP Votes: 219

Valor: 74

So I "face stomped" ten thousand "bad" players? Not even one of them was good? So entering a ranked zone in my full set of augmented War Hero gear is a means to get easy WH comms? To spend on what? So I have L2P issues? Really? After almost 300 wins?

Believe me, after 10 thousand player kills, there is nothing I have not seen in a warzone. The arrogance of folks that want an exclusive club, when the difference between me and them is much less than the margin between me and a new player, disturbs me greatly. I am experienced and I am geared. I want to team up with and play against players that are experienced and geared.

Eliminate queing as an ops group for solo ques. Create a separate guild matchmaking que and let them wait for hours for an ops match. That is the proper venue for ops queing. Create an entry requirement for players that don't want to team up with complete noobs. Mitigate the technological advantage of teamspeak by using solo qued matches exclusively. If both sides don't have it, neither side should have it.

I don't care about rankings or ratings. I just want to regularly enter warzones where both sides are similarly skilled, similarly communicating, and similarly geared. I'll bet the "awesome" players will be solo queing just as much as me. They will have to if they want any consistent action. I welcome the challenge of facing them on a "level" playing field. I just might surprise them. Solo ques (with no ops queing) will force the so called "elites" to type their communication more often. Big deal.

No solo ques. That is why I don't que for rateds. In the meantime, I'll "team up" with fresh 50s in recruit gear and eventually move on to a different game when it becomes entirely tiresome.

For all of you solo que "normal warzone" folks, if you are not where I am at yet, you will get there eventually......and PVP will no longer be fun. To you folks at EA....this is one poor "business model".

Edited by Sungas