Please make force leap count towards resolve.

Order-Sixty-Six

I'll express my frustration as I wish. I'm well within the TOS of these forums when stating that I feel there are far too many CCs. I'm not so sure you are when you tell me to quit though.

I'm not telling you anything. I'm just pointing out the obvious. You posted your opinion, they told you they didn't care. Your options are now:

1. Continue to pay and play a game that only makes you madder and madder the more you pay leading to a reduction in your quality of life and a lack of enjoyment from money spent. Further, continue to vent your frustration on the forums until such time that you do violate the TOS resulting in a bad, further agitating you.

2. Find a game that is either willing to listen to your opinion or already accommodates it.

I suppose there is a 3rd option:

3. Accept that BW's design is correct, you are wrong, and adjust your opinion accordingly which results in enjoyment of the game as is. Though to be fair, from your previous forays into this particular topic I highly doubt you are interested in any serious reconsideration of your position, which is fine, but it renders option 3 somewhat moot.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull! I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking for the players I DO know who have quit and/or expressed frustration over the crap ton of CCs in this freaking game. I didn't ask you to agree or not and my statement isn't up for debate or discussion. It's what "I" have observed and been witness to, not 'feelings'. If you've experienced something different, by all means post away.

I have never heard of anyone quitting for this reason, and unkind of agree with bioware - resolve and stuns aren't an issue - there is dps and control, some classes rely on control more than burst. There aren't even that many stuns and resolve does its job tbh.

My main is a tankassin (in tank gear), and I really love huttball. With the advent of 1.3, not only was I nerfed, but as the OP mentioned the lag due to snares/roots makes for a bit of a pushback, which has made carrying the ball, no longer any fun...

I do agree to some extent that SW/JK roots shouldn't apply when I am in the midst of using force shroud or force speed, but alas, I got used to it for the longest time.

What I do wish however, is that when a JK/SW jumps to you, that jumping to an opponent reduces their own resolve. Too many times their resolve is full, and they jump to an enemy and I can't pull them. I mean their jump is on a 15 second cool down. Sure they are meant to be a melee class, but then I'd also wish my force pull or force speed were on a 15 second cooldown too...

But mostly due to the lag issue (as well as to some extent the nerf) I have been alting.

Edited by MasterFeign

My main is a tankassin (in tank gear), and I really love huttball. With the advent of 1.3, not only was I nerfed, but as the OP mentioned the lag due to snares/roots makes for a bit of a pushback, which has made carrying the ball, no longer any fun...

I do agree to some extent that SW/JK roots shouldn't apply when I am in the midst of using force shroud or force speed, but alas, I got used to it for the longest time.

What I do wish however, is that when a JK/SW jumps to you, that jumping to an opponent reduces their own resolve. Too many times their resolve is full, and they jump to an enemy and I can't pull them. I mean their jump is on a 15 second cool down. Sure they are meant to be a melee class, but then I'd also wish my force pull or force speed were on a 15 second cooldown too...

But mostly due to the lag issue (as well as to some extent the nerf) I have been alting.

Nice to see another Shadow/Assassin Carrier feels my pain.

I've said repeatedly I don't want BW to make all roots count towards resolve, just ones that apply a 100% snare. As a Tank Shadow I get no such ability in my tree that grants me the luxury to 100% snare through full resolve, nor would I want one because it's unfair. If someone goes through the headache of achieving a full resolve bar - give them that 10 seconds for crying out loud. I can't tell you how many times I've died just to watch my full resolve bar fade in the respawn, it's really a pain in the *** to survive to that point sometimes.

It's a useless system if someone can circumvent full resolve with their cc's.

I would appreciate if the developers take what I'm saying into consideration as I am a paying customer. I don't see myself quitting over this, but it certainly makes me lose interest in this game.

How is it fair that JK/SW get to 100% prevent all movement through full resolve, but not any other class?

If gaurdians are wrecked by playing by the same rules as everyone else, then that's a different problem with their tree. I'm pretty confident in saying that a gaurded gaurdian/jug with 25k hp and BiS gear is immortal, so I think you may be exaggerating.

I've been knocked back, and rooted, with a full resolve bar. It's not just Sents/Juggs

I would like Every root/snare added to the Resolve table. Lets take a look at 7-6-12 's Community Q&A:

Taitsuo: Would you guys consider adding root effects to the Resolve bar? At the moment, 3 well-coordinated Gunslingers could permaroot someone (5secs duration, 15 secs cooldown). With ranked warzones, that could mean a lot…

Austin: Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player. It's meant to limit the effectiveness of chain stuns, sleeps, and knockbacks. However, it is not meant to impact the ranged and melee (kiting and anti-kiting) balance of the game. This was a very deliberate measure taken to separate these two different aspects of control. I won't say that we won't limit the "chainability" of roots in the future, but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about. Of course, we will be keeping an eye on how ranked warzone teams use the tools they have.[/Quote]

Lets take a closer look at the VERY first sentence from Austin:

" Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player."

So how WHY do snares/roots add Resolve? Or apparently having been snared/rooted back to back to back, not taking CONTROL away from me i.e. they PLAYER? Now I am not going to claim I know how to balance the game around kiting/anti-kiting, but when you give one or more classes a knock back to help generate range between the "melee" yet you give melee, such as guardian/jugg, the ability to 1 force leap, 2 force push (which resets force jump), 3 Force jump again, then 4 zelous leap if you are that spec, how do you even begin to claim its balanced?

It must be ok because we can spec into an improved knock back that lowers the cool down i guess, I mean we dont have the ability to add a point elsewhere that resets the CD but its enough so its balanced.

To go a step further : "This was a very deliberate measure taken to separate these two different aspects of control."

Sure stuns/mezz take away "full" control, however I believe EVERY class has in some form the abiity to slow/root a player, maybe not both, but they all the ability. So again why is there no DR? or limit to how many DEBUFFS you can have on you at one time?

Furthermore :"I won't say that we won't limit the "chainability" of roots in the future, but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about."

Well YOU NEED to limit them. The amount of abilities? Are you fricken kidding me? As a Merc Healer, I have 2. 1 is the CC breaker every class has at like level 10, the second is the ability "cure" which IF speced into removes 2 mental/tech effects, which may or may not be roots/snares as it goes for the OLDEST duration debuffs, Now in the pyro tree you can i guess get a different version of the "bubble" which removes all roots/snares, but does not make you immune right after they are all cleansed. I am not aware of how many all the other classes have, but YOU are not worried about it. So its ok.

In opinion people like this should not be able to respond with such little knowledge of game mechanics. But w/e.

I am not aware of how many all the other classes have, but YOU are not worried about it. So its ok.

In opinion people like this should not be able to respond with such little knowledge of game mechanics. But w/e.

Bolded the irony.

How is it fair that JK/SW get to 100% prevent all movement through full resolve, but not any other class?

If gaurdians are wrecked by playing by the same rules as everyone else, then that's a different problem with their tree. I'm pretty confident in saying that a gaurded gaurdian/jug with 25k hp and BiS gear is immortal, so I think you may be exaggerating.

You realize that snipers have a 5 sec. root that can be used through resolve right? And it can have as a little as a 12 sec. cd. Also...your story shows me that you don't understand shadows. You don't have immunity to physic, roots, snares during force speeds duration, activating force speed removes these effects.

Its like the Degauss spec in the assault vanguard trees. You should have tried walking over the fire if you had full resolve, waited for snare, then force sped out of snare and past fire. Also, resiliency is nice for that as well.

Honestly, tanks shadows are super easy to play huttball with. Please stop raging and spewing inaccuracies because you don't understand how to play your class. :rolleyes:

This quote shows just how out of freaking touch you are...

No matter what your metrics are telling you about Resolve, they don't record or track player frustration. THAT is where your resolve system is broken. But, you're not concerned with it huh?! Really?! O M G you're out of touch.

you sound like a child, that spilled his milk.......

No. Bad idea. Was grateful when they took this out. All of the classes get their little perks, this is ours.

Now, personally, I'm not sure I want every leaper on my team to be making ball carriers insta-immune to CCs by jumping to them constantly. I think I'd find that far more annoying. It probably should not count toward building resolve. HOWEVER, if a player already has full resolve, I don't think they should be rooted in place for 3 seconds by the effect. I have to agree with the OP that it's a tad bit ridiculous that this negates full resolve, force speed (with spec), and force shroud as well.

Edited by Legendari

Heh, you mean along with 45 second CD stealth that doesn't prevent incoming heals, 20% dmg reduction for half of every minute, and 1min 15s CD invincibility (with spec), right?

Now, personally, I'm not sure I want every marauder or sentinel on my team to be making ball carriers insta-immune to CCs by jumping to them constantly. I think I'd find that far more annoying. It probably should not count toward building resolve. HOWEVER, if a player already has full resolve, I don't think they should be rooted in place for 3 seconds by the effect. I have to agree with the OP that it's a tad bit ridiculous that this negates full resolve, force speed (with spec), and force shroud as well.

Dude STOP ragging on marauders. Like the post you were replying to said EVERY CLASS gets their own little perk. and the marauder's little perk is dominating PVP at such a level blight wizards from rift would look at them and go "dude, that's OP". You can't take that away from them!

It really pisses me off when im full resolve, right next to the line and get chain Force Leaped to.

But at the same time, Guaridans atleast need that immoblize.

I personally would like them to take away the interupt and maybe immoblize for Marauders that spec into no min distance leap.

Adding root to resolve is a terrible idea, think carefully what you are asking for.

Very much indeed so! I mean a sniper has to stay in one spot to do their thing. If you have a dotting sage/sorcerer that likes to LOS, and didn't have that root... well the results would be less than satisfactory.

Also in my experience as a rage jugg, the root/snare is necessary to let off the big AoE smash, simply because the latency and not so instant damage can easily be negated.

No matter what your metrics are telling you about Resolve, they don't record or track player frustration. THAT is where your resolve system is broken. But, you're not concerned with it huh?! Really?! O M G you're out of touch.

There is a metric that records player frustration, the number of subs. We all know how that metric is doing.

Main problem with that is that Snipers and Gunslingers would lose leg shot's capability to keep a melee off you. It is a very handy tool to use when an enemies resolve is full due to your teams stupidity as well. Even if a target's resolve is full you can still root them on a trap.

I could understand some of the frustration about roots and snares if some classes lacked the ability to snare or root others but every damn AC has the ability to snare, knockback, root, stun or mez in some fashion. So yes people can control your movement but you can control theirs on an equal lvl most of the time.

But almost every AC also has equal chance to break roots and snares when speced.

Mercs - Cure and degaues when speced

PT - Degaues or hydrolic overrides when speced

Mara - Force camo when speced

Jug - Unsure havnt played it enough?

Assassin - force speed when speced and resiliance to be immune to many control effects

Sorc - Cure

Ops - Evasion + dont know if they have a cure of their own

Sniper - No tools to break roots or slows but the vast majority of the time they dont need to because of their need to be stationary to be in cover and be immune to force leap

So if you are struggling with being rooted or snared you have tools to help break those effects or be immune to those effects for a period of time. Plus you have teammates that can cure your root or snare depending on type.

So stop complaining about roots and snares and learn when to use your trinket and root/snare breakers when they matter most.

And if worst comes to worst you can always root, snare or stun them in return so stop the qq and do some more pewpew.

/thread

Reference - Today , 04:12 PM | #54 -- Your post 06:10 PM | #56

Formatting paragraphs of text, almost two hours; totally legit.

They can alter the time they posted something at will. They did it constantly in the beta forums to put dev responses on the first page of a thread. It's certainly possible.

As to the thread, putting roots on resolve would help knights/warriors far more than it would hurt them. Be careful what you ask for.

They can alter the time they posted something at will. They did it constantly in the beta forums to put dev responses on the first page of a thread. It's certainly possible.

As to the thread, putting roots on resolve would help knights/warriors far more than it would hurt them. Be careful what you ask for.

I'd love to see a focus guardian hitting much without cc immunity or a root on their leap.

Just take away the root on force leap. Why they get a gap closer, damage, buff, and root in the same move is beyond me.

Because, without it, how are we supposed to hit anything? The leap consumes a GCD. If you are running around and I leap to you, is the game supposed to read your mind and calculate where where you are going to turn to next, then place me there?

Obviously, it places me at where you were when I pressed the leap button. As part of that, you are rooted so that I can actually hit you when I land.

As for making the root not work on targets with full resolve, talk about nerfing us leapers. You would essentially make any player with full resolve that isn't already within 4 m of us totally immune to 90% of our attacks for 20 seconds at a time, unless you are kind enough to sit still.

It's a gap closer. It is hardly fair if you get to change the gap a micro second after we close it.

Okay I'm not one of those guys that yells marauder/sents are OP, but can we please talk about force leap here.

Force Leap does the following...

-Jump to a target (okay with this).

Correct.

-Hit 1300+ damage (okay with this too).
Maybe if you're relatively squishy and it crits.

-Build Focus (fine as well).
Or rage, but yes, you're right it does this.

-Interrupt (well I guess that's fine too).
It's a very spotty interrupt. I've activated it only to see abilities finish due to their activation times ending before I arrived (without being mercs/commandos healers in bubbles or anyone using any other uninterruptable ability, mind you) or targets have activated timers that have begun after I hit my charge and before I land that are still activating as if I simply walked up to them.

-100% chance to hit a critical with force sweep (everyone should have a proc ability like this so that's acceptable).
Must be Rage/Focus specced.

-Can be spec'd to have no minimum range (well that's a little much seeing as my force pull can't do that, but okay).
Pretty sure Juggs/Guardians can't do this, only Annihilation/Watchman specced Marauders/Sents. However, rage/focus specs (for both Juggs/Guardians and Maras/Sents) can pick up an additional gap closer that has 0-10m range, also interrupts, and causes a 1s root, but it COSTS 3 rage. This ability will aslo ignore cover (snipers beware!), and it will also make their next smash/sweep an auto-crit - not to mention it usually gets talented to increase their movement speed by 40% for 5s following it.

And my favorite

-Immobilizes the target for up to 3 seconds through full resolve with a potential 13 second cooldown. .

Charge/Leap base root duration is 2 seconds. You would have to talent it further for it to become a full 3s root - the talent is available in the bottom row of the middle tree for jugg/guardians, and the 2nd row of the middle tree for maras/sents - by the way, maras/sents rarely take it.

Okay so I'm a tank in huttball. I get the ball. Their team is dumb and fills my resolve to full before a fire pit, my force speed is up and the fire pit just went down. So I'm like totally getting across this pit with Full Resolve, Full HP, and 150% speed for the 2 seconds I need to get to the other side. Right?.
Not exactly.

So let's do this. I activate force speed, I'm going, I'm going, BAM. Force Leap. Wait, my resolve is full... why can't I move? My force speed is interruptable? My root cleansing ability of force speed didn't work? What happened? The story ends with me being toasted..
Yes, you're a tankassin, your force speed REMOVES roots/slows, it doesn't grant immunity to them like Hydraulic Overrides does for AP PT's. You should've:

a.) popped deflection as you approached the fire pit - (+50% dodge - and charge/leap/leg shot/etc. DOES miss)

b.) IF you did get rooted while on the fire trap even with deflection active, THEN you pop force speed (and hope that any additional rooters miss you until you're out - which you likely will since it's much harder to perfectly time a root on someone that force speeds from already on the trap compared to someone that hits it just before the trap).

Not only this, but given the server lag since 1.3... FORCE LEAP IS BASICALLY A PULL NOW. Twice have I made it across the fire pit only to be pulled back in within seconds because their force leap lagged when I was over the firepit (or they could have prequed this .5 seconds ago while I was still crossing and have it root me there. .
Leap isn't equivalent to a pull and you know it. You'll find it's very common for those that charge to you over a fire pit so as to burn you also happen to get toasted - pulls/grapples don't usually suffer this fate.

Please take into consideration the number of marauders/sents on any given team, and that this can be chained by multiple maras/sents.

What if they took into account every single class/spec to cause diminishing returns? What then?

Multiple healers? Heal values reduced.

Multiple passive speed bonus talented class? Everyone's speed reduced.

Multiple Tankassins? CC fills more resolve than normal (including pull), defensive paramters decreased, offensive paramters decreased, shroud lasts half as long on twice the cooldown, force speed no longer breaks roots/slows and goes back to 30s cooldown, self-healing values cut in half, guarding players causes the tank to take full damage, taunts can only be used once per fight (now that would be a good idea for pvp - if they restricted it to DPS specced classes and left them as-is for tank-specced classes). - How would you like that?

Yes, I grossly exaggerated some issues, but I don't think you realise how important roots are for many classes/specs. If you're getting chain-charged/leaped to in hutt-ball, you can still pass the ball. Not to mention that if your teammates were smart, they would be CC'ing or rooting warriors/knights as you pass fire traps (to completely bypass your issue) - and if they don't do that, you could at least try saving your defense chance ability (which works nicely for this exact reason, btw).

What I recently discovered, and I'm not so keen on, is that it takes 3 pulls to fill resolve. Yes, from empty resolve, I was pulled from the endzone ledge into the pit, leaped to an ally, pulled again, leaped to an enemy (his own fault, to be sure), and then I noticed I still did not have full resolve. I quickly passed and rightly so, because I was stunned a second later.