Get rid of stuns in PvP

airocky

Just like the title says. Remove stuns. Sick of staring at my screen seeing my character flopping like a fish because hes been hit by 3 or more stuns in a row and all he can do is wait to die. You take out stuns and suddenly its your dps vs my dps and lets see who wins. Not saying my dps is the best ever but i would like a chance to find out if i could win instead of being squashed like a bug with no chance to fight back.

Good luck killing a healer then. It won't happen, he will dot you and heal and laugh at you while you "DPS" him.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I read original post and almost died laughing. Every class in the game has a stun and a way to escape a stun. Get rid of them entirely,craziness. You pvp your gonna get stun locked, its to be expected. Operatives can stun lock you 45 times in a row, but if you stand there and keep letting them do it, well...:confused:

Simply, ALL stuns/mez/roots should break on damage. That would truly make using them a matter of skill and timing

This sounds good. At least give it a try on the test server, please. Stun Wars is extremely annoying. Getting a good stun and admitting it was well played is fine. But chainstunning is just not good PvPing. In the contrary. It is a sign of bad PvPing imho, because it prevents proper fighting.

If you get chainstunned all the time, you not only get frustrated, but even worse: You do not get the chance to show your PvP skills. And the ones who stun cannot show theirs either. Putting someone out of fight and then killing a helpless victim has nothing to do with PvP to me. Stunning someone to e. g. win an objective is good though. It makes sense and shows a sense of game understanding. Therefore the above solution sounds just right to me.

This isn't Team Deathmatch dude, EVERY SINGLE Warzone is Objective Based, Stuns/CC is a HUGE part of obtaining those Objectives.

Like on Void Star (Offense), if I see someone planting on a door with my Gunslinger, I'll go camp out near the Defense Spawn point and wait for them to jump out, I'll toss my Flashbang (if available) and then use my Knockback Move. This gives the guy on the door an extra second or so, which makes all the difference.

This. And I wish more people id that instead of just staring at the capper....anyway if stuns did not exist voidstar would not be a viable WZ because getting past the first set of doors would be almost impossible.

You also arent putting in any other factors involved. Are you pre 50 or at 50? Is your gear up to date? usually when I see these types of complaints its actually something else the OP isnt aware of or just isnt mentioning in their rage.

Also if you are getting hit with three stuns its probably more than one person attacking you, I dont know anyone with chainable stuns so its probably three people attacking you. If they did not have stuns would you have survived anyway? If someone is killing you inside a stun you probably werent going to beat them anyway.

Just like the title says. Remove stuns. Sick of staring at my screen seeing my character flopping like a fish because hes been hit by 3 or more stuns in a row and all he can do is wait to die. You take out stuns and suddenly its your dps vs my dps and lets see who wins. Not saying my dps is the best ever but i would like a chance to find out if i could win instead of being squashed like a bug with no chance to fight back.

You cant be hit by 3 stuns in a row

less qq, more pewpew

You take out stuns and suddenly its your dps vs my dps and lets see who wins.

That would be a boring game. It's like chess, with just pawns.

The CC breaker skills do need to be on a 30 sec timer or have any damage break any CC immediately.

The resolve system is the worst programer attempt to rectify the overabundance of CC in the game. I played EQ pvp 5 years , DAOC pvp/rvr 5 years , EQ2 PVP 4 years , Age of Conan , Vanguard (worst mmo ever after Sony bought it) War hammer , Rift to name a few.

Easy fix. With no need to remove anything at all...keep all the CC . Easy step by step instructions .

1. ) Reprogram the resolve system to show what CC the character has been struck by with a timer.

2. Characters can not be hit by the same CC in a row for the same amount of time the CC that hit them takes to reload for the enemy player who CC'd.. SO a one minute CC timer hitting you means that after it wears off or is interrupted which either comes first ..you gain a 1 minute immunity to the same affect.

You can keep all the CC...but you shouldn't be able to be CC'd repeatedly and die WAAAAY before the crappy resolve timer percolates. This way you keep your CC ..person gets to fight a little before you can spam him again with it.

Other games use that system , it works.

The system in place does not work.

I seem to remember diminishing returns on CCs in WoW. That seems reasonable to me. It would force ppl to be more careful about using stuns. My only concern is that you might need to nerf WZ healing a bit (b/c CC is vital to dealing with healers).

Really? I read original post and almost died laughing. Every class in the game has a stun and a way to escape a stun. Get rid of them entirely,craziness. You pvp your gonna get stun locked, its to be expected. Operatives can stun lock you 45 times in a row, but if you stand there and keep letting them do it, well...:confused:

Not every class has a hard stun (stun during which you can keep dealing damage).

Well... the devs do need to fix the "chain stun" problem in this game. I wouldn't say take them all out, however honestly, they need to re-think the whole "resolve" system (as it is totally inequitable to some classes in this game).

There needs to be some kind of auto immunity to being chain stunned... bottom line. 3 stuns is still way too much.... even with a break free ability. This needs to be 2 stuns max and then instant immunity to stuns for at least 30 seconds.

Also the fact that some moves can build resolve while others don't also is pretty foul... I've seen people start a match and have a full resolve bar as soon as fighting starts... i'm like ***! How are they already full and nobody has done anything. If that is a bug/exploit, then that needs to be fixed as well.

We should also get rid of all offensive and defensive cd's, Mez's, snares, roots, dots, heals, knock backs, guard, taunts, dots, vanishes, gap closers, speed boosts, stealth, resources, and any other form of damage mitigation. We could also take away the light sabers give everyone guns and rename the game Modern Warfare 4.

and

So sick of dying.

Remove damage, please.

They both take the price home.

No, because the resolve has always been broken. The majority already know this. It's not a QQ thing. It's a well known fact. And yes, you can be hit with more than 2, even 3 or more back to back stuns. Will it ever be fixed? I've stopped waiting. I don't play these stunzones to win anymore anyway. I'm just in it for the comms and for the fun of it. The chain stuns is just something a lot of us have to deal with. It's frustrating, but like I said, I just get my comms and move on. Edited by Kailaurius

I can agree the resolve system can use some tweaking. I won't say it's broken, being as I do not completely know how it's supposed to work, I admit that, but making it simpler would be a great assist.

Say, it fills up a bar, like it does now, and once that bar fills to the top, it automatically breaks whatever CC is on the player and the player becames immune to CCs for however long the standard resolve immunity is without any action on the player's part.

For some this might be too simple, but at least the majority of people may be able to understand it. I dunno, I don't claim to be the master of PvP balance, but I think that's a good idea, no?

Edited by BioCharge

No, because the resolve has always been broken. The majority already know this. It's not a QQ thing. It's a well known fact. And yes, you can be hit with more than 2, even 3 or more back to back stuns. Will it ever be fixed? I've stopped waiting. I don't play these stunzones to win anymore anyway. I'm just in it for the comms and for the fun of it. The chain stuns is just something a lot of us have to deal with. It's frustrating, but like I said, I just get my comms and move on.

Lol, now that's funny.

LOL!!! This is the first MMO I've played that is a strictly gear-based pseudo PvP game. Up until SWTOR, I very much enjoyed UO, Asherson's Call, Darkfall, DAOC and had many years of fun playing them. Because I find SWTOR's PvP grossly lacking on so many levels does not mean I talk down the game. It simply means that I, like so many others who have already left this game, don't like one aspect of the game. Because I don't enjoy repetative cookie cutter PvE, or gear-based tightly controlled zergfest stunfest PvP, clearly this is not the game for me. I'm not the one that made this post, I simply agree with it. Perish the thought that SWTOR actually listen to the PvP community and make it a more attractive PvP game.

see, the difference to the games you mentioned is the following:

they were always clearly at least somewhat 'pvp-oriented', it was part of the game. hell, it was part of MMOs all around. that time has changed. for the better or worse we don't know. let's blame the 'general public' for developing a liking for 'that other game'.

you can 'lol' about it as much as you want. I also don't remember me saying that I am completely a fan, or did I? I'm simply saying this game is what they said it would be. a PVE game with PVP indeed thrown in as an 'after-thought'. they eventually realised 'uh-oh pvp player be angry' so they cater more to that crowd now (I'm sure they are still baffled over people wanting to lvl up just by doing warzones and wanting to get points for opvp)

This is one reason that shows classes are not mirrored. The stun length time and cooldowns on them are way different between pub and imp.

My imp character can throw stuns almost without pause and the stuns last a good while. My pub characters stuns cooldown is 10 years and stun length time is 5 seconds maybe.

Resolve should have a better affect on stuns then it presently does. Being stunlocked and killed over and over is not fun.

Edited by Metalmac

I can agree the resolve system can use some tweaking. I won't say it's broken, being as I do not completely know how it's supposed to work, I admit that, but making it simpler would be a great assist.

Say, it fills up a bar, like it does now, and once that bar fills to the top, it automatically breaks whatever CC is on the player and the player becames immune to CCs for however long the standard resolve immunity is without any action on the player's part.

For some this might be too simple, but at least the majority of people may be able to understand it. I dunno, I don't claim to be the master of PvP balance, but I think that's a good idea, no?

SERVER LAG is the problem here. The Resolve system is broken as by the time the Server updates you are dead.

What is supposed to happen is you are not stunlocked on that 3rd stun but immune and server lag prevents this.

Edited by Metalmac

SERVER LAG is the problem here. The Resolve system is broken as by the time the Server updates you are dead.

What is supposed to happen is you are not stunlocked on that 3rd stun but immune and server lag prevents this.

Conjecture stated as fact is invalid. Thank you, come again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.