frustrated with queues

DarthMetier

Thanks to the free transfer service to the super-servers, my guild and all my toons transferred over to prophecy of the five a couple of weeks ago. But I have one major gripe, I despise having to wait in a queue because the server is full. I typically can't play until after I put my kids to bed between 8-9 PM and when I go to log into the game, I have to wait to play...sometimes as long as 20-30 minutes according to the queue. I feel that since I am a paying cutsomer, the server needs to be expanded so that the limited time I get to play the game isn't taken up with waiting to get in. I never had to deal with this issue on my previous server, just on the new super-server. Anyone else delaing with these kinds of issues?

QQ, go back to your "Better" server since you obviously think that one is better.

Real life occurs all the time, don't let a video game control you over it.

Your "Old" server maybe had 200-500 people max on it, the NEW server your on has about.. 2000 or more? What are you complaining about? these queues haven't been here since release, it should bring a smile to everyones face. Its simple, go do something else for 20 minutes while you wait. The queues don't even last that long, usually it takes less than 10 minutes to get in.

Edited by PunisherAS

QQ, go back to your "Better" server since you obviously think that one is better.

Real life occurs all the time, don't let a video game control you over it.

He can't "go back". The server transfers were one way.

Thanks to the free transfer service to the super-servers, my guild and all my toons transferred over to prophecy of the five a couple of weeks ago. But I have one major gripe, I despise having to wait in a queue because the server is full. I typically can't play until after I put my kids to bed between 8-9 PM and when I go to log into the game, I have to wait to play...sometimes as long as 20-30 minutes according to the queue. I feel that since I am a paying cutsomer, the server needs to be expanded so that the limited time I get to play the game isn't taken up with waiting to get in. I never had to deal with this issue on my previous server, just on the new super-server. Anyone else delaing with these kinds of issues?

Why don't YOU try something genius.... Log in and THEN put your kids to sleep... By the time you return to your PC you will be sitting on your character screen....

This is why we have problems in our world... Hardly anyone can be logical and problem solvers anymore instead like YOU said, they just gripe

Edited by sciphadeias

Greetings folks!

We've had to remove several posts from this thread because the discussion had degenerated into personal attacks and gone off-topic. As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Please remember that if you are replying to a post that has been removed due to a forum violation, your post will be deleted as well, as part of the clean-up.

Thank you!

Edited by LexiCazam

It seams strange but I`m really happy when I see a queue. I transferred my character from a dead server and queue is refreshment for my eyes. Beater an hour of queue than an hour, if your lucky, of waiting to form a flashpoint group.

Logging into the game 20 minutes before you intend to start playing is hard.

This is why we have problems in our world... Hardly anyone can be logical and problem solvers anymore instead like YOU said, they just gripe

This

Edited by YanksfanJP

Complaints over ques are why they opened all those servers to beging with. It was obviously the wrong choice then. You said you cant play until you put your kids to sleep. Is it not possible to just log in before hand and then put them to sleep... by the time you come back the que would probably be over.

Hop on the computer and log in roughly 15 minutes before you put the kids to bed? By the time you are done and able to play, you should be sitting at character select.

It seams strange but I`m really happy when I see a queue. I transferred my character from a dead server and queue is refreshment for my eyes. Beater an hour of queue than an hour, if your lucky, of waiting to form a flashpoint group.

Agree :D

Why don't YOU try something genius.... Log in and THEN put your kids to sleep... By the time you return to your PC you will be sitting on your character screen....

You know, it's idiots like you that ruin the fun for everyone else, don't you think I thought of that "genius"?! You don't know a damn thing about me, I am a problem solver and quite logical, i was just voicing a frustration. Sorry my thoughts weren't up to your "genius" level snuff, this is after all a "general" forum isn't it?

I have a friend who is also unable to log in until 2100-2200 and he is very frustrated with the queue. He is dropping the game 'cause he cannot get on to game with his friends. I typically log on around 1900 and experiance no queue.

your friend can't wait 5 mins?

I understand not liking the wait, but I'd gladly take a 20 minute queue to be on a high pop server (my only free xfer option involves switching data centers and having big lag spikes in PvP).

I'm not sure if this would work but maybe you could quickly fire up the game and join the queue, timing it so you can walk away for a bit and tuck your kids in or whatever, then the character select screen will be waiting for you when you're ready to play?

You know, it's idiots like you that ruin the fun for everyone else, don't you think I thought of that "genius"?! You don't know a damn thing about me, I am a problem solver and quite logical, i was just voicing a frustration. Sorry my thoughts weren't up to your "genius" level snuff, this is after all a "general" forum isn't it?

So, assuming you have already thought about logging in before the children are put to bed, have you tried it and, if so, why did it not work for you? I'm just curious. I play on Ebon Hawk and, when I see I have a queue, I do something else until it pops. If I think I may have a queue, I try logging in before I intend on sitting down and playing. This works well, for me, so I'm wondering why it doesn't for you.

I'm looking at queues for over an hour at ToFN. Now I log into the game before dinner, have a relaxed dinner and coffee, and by the time I sit at my desk, I'm either logged in or have to wait for just a couple of minutes. Easy ;)

Not really.

I am a paying customer at amusement parks, too, but I still have to sometimes wait in line to ride the roller coaster.

The queues don't seem to be that long, usually. And when I've had a queue, it's usually half the stated time OR LESS before I actually get in. I understand your frustration, but I think as the excitement of new patch + server xfers wears off, things will even out a bit.

A lot of people seem to be bashing the OP for "poor problem-solving skills". While they could indeed use a work-around of logging in 20 mins before they play, this kind of misses the point.

However, when the game went live many of us has queues of nearly two hours to get in-game. These queues eventually subsided and it is my belief that this will be the case with these queues.

@OP: If you are still having to wait 20 mins to get into the game in a week or so, then you may have a legitimate concern. Until then, patience is a virtue :)