Add a "free' augment slot to the darn Recruit gear

Sendai_S

It's not that I want it to be free, but the issue is now this: it costs a buttload of cash and materials and time to get and install these augment slots ourselves. Recruit gear is throwaway gear. But we can't compete with all the augmented up the wazoo War Heros that are out there now. Expertise doesn't help at all when they also have the insane stats to go with it.

Truthfully the expertise effect in any given warzone imho needs to be sliding scale as well so that the team with greater experitse advatange doesn't completely steamroll the other team. Imho, that's no fun on either side. When I've been on such teams, I feel HORRIBLE that we just completely crush them. At the same time I want a challenge to feel like I actually deserved my win. And I've been on the other end as well, it's jsut heart crunching to get totally steamrolled.

So my suggestions are as follows.

1) Add a free augment slot to recruit gear. We're all replacing it anyway, we'll have to ADD a real augment slot to the battle master gear anyway when we get it and then pay to remove our augment from the recruit gear anyway. It already has built in cost problems. To compete - we HAVE to put augment slots on the recruit gear. Do you REALLY think that the valor 91 DPS jugg that's staring at you from accross the voidstar room doesn't have an augment slot on every possible gear piece he can put one in? Alternatively, allow us to buy a MUCH cheaper (say 5k each - that would cost us about 70k for all 14 augment slots we need to install) augment kit specifically for recruit gear. For reference: the current cost of ONE mk6 kit on my server's GTN before I logged off tonight was 220k.

2) Apply a sliding scale to the warzone participants expertise range. Allow the higher level guys to be higher but tweak it so they're not hitting the fresh 50s or casual PVPers for 5k+ all the time. Yes, I saw these numbers. Anyone saying they aren't seeing it is lying.

2)

Come on people this one is important for the PVPers - you want a fair fight or do you want to walk all over recruits and scare them into never coming back because they'll jsut believe they'll never have a chance?

This is an RPG. How well your character does is primarily dependant on your characters stats and equipment.

Anybody (foolish enough) to be engaging in PvP should learn fast that there will almost always be somebody who will wipe the floor with you simply because they have better gear/levels from playing longer. This is merely assisting in that learning curve.

If you actually want player skill based PvP, here's a hint: Don't try to get it in an actual RPG. You'll simply frustrate yourself, as it simply won't be what you're looking for. The two concepts are simply too diametrically opposed.

So what you are really saying is that you want the gear that you did nothing for, to be as good as the gear that someone worked hard and put time and money into.

Wouldn’t you prefer to just have a button you could press at the beginning of a match that just makes your team win?

So what you are really saying is that you want the gear that you did nothing for, to be as good as the gear that someone worked hard and put time and money into.

Wouldn’t you prefer to just have a button you could press at the beginning of a match that just makes your team win?

Yup. Basically that's it.

A gear that comes with free augments, whereas other people need to work hard, earn credits, spend 200k per kit, another 100~300k for augments themselves... right. That's "fair". :rolleyes:

Sorry OP. That's not how PvP works.

Any advantage, any spec/stat/item you think you need/want - you work for it, down to the last penny. Spending time and effort to get better gear, to better prepare yourself for competition, is like the "Rite of passage" of PvP. You don't instantly get what you want - you earn it.

Edited by kweassa

Alrighty how's about this for an alternative-- Allow you to extract the augment kit much in the way you do mods/enhancements.

You still have some outlay, it isn't the freebie you describe, but then you can justify picking up the augment kit right away since that kit will be applied to additional pieces, basically-- The price per item means you would end up spending roughly the same to move your augment kits over to BM gear as it would have cost to originally buy the recruit set.

Honestly, if you can't be somewhat competetive in recruit gear. It's not the fault of the game. It's that you are bad. You need to adjust your playstyle to suit the conditions. This isn't 10-49 where you have been blasting lowbies. You are the lowbie again, and you should honestly be able to stack full BM in a week. If you can't compete once you get BM, then just unsub.

Honestly, if you can't be somewhat competetive in recruit gear. It's not the fault of the game. It's that you are bad. You need to adjust your playstyle to suit the conditions. This isn't 10-49 where you have been blasting lowbies. You are the lowbie again, and you should honestly be able to stack full BM in a week. If you can't compete once you get BM, then just unsub.

You sir have a cookie, I fully agree.

Come on people this one is important for the PVPers - you want a fair fight or do you want to walk all over recruits and scare them into never coming back because they'll jsut believe they'll never have a chance?

You know if I judged 50 pvP by my recruit geared PT vs my mianly WH geared operative your right I'ld probably quit. On the other hand I'm not about to spring the cash for augments on recruit gear it's rotating out too fast.

Why?

If Recruit gear is too weak to let people compete in Warzones then instead of free Augment slots BW should just cut out the hassle and increase the stats on the gear (y'know, +12 End +18 Primary per piece.) If it isn't too weak then no change is necessary.

I'd actually not have an issue with improving the quality of Recruit gear but free augment slots isn't the way to do it.

This is only important to selfish people.

Bioware already gave you free Recruit gear or a free 320k credits. Quit whining for more.

You know if I judged 50 pvP by my recruit geared PT vs my mianly WH geared operative your right I'ld probably quit. On the other hand I'm not about to spring the cash for augments on recruit gear it's rotating out too fast.

This is exactly what I was trying to say. The game just isn't fun in recruit gear, and it's not that I can't deal with it and still be semi-effective, but more than I don't take enjoyment from beating up undergeared players, but in winning matches, so I am hyped that ranked is here, haven't lost yet.

However, I worry about the future of Star Wars because I had a rude awakening about how inaccessible pvp is in the game. For example, why have the War Hero gear cost ranked coms if you pretty much have to have it before you should even try to participate in ranked matches? Not like I need them anymore, 'cept to work on my off set now I guess.

Does everyone wish that PvP be so equal that no one gets the upper hand?

Recruit gear is where you start, go into a WZ and piggy back off your teams mates to get medals, earn enough for your BM gear (By the way you WILL die, alot) you're set, although if you are still not doing well then you should stop trying to cap/hold cap 1v3 xD.

If everyone were the same then PvP wouldnt be fun tbh, having to work hard to get something is kinda like the government raising the minimum wage because people are to retarded to work hard for what they want.

Suck it up.

You miss my key point, if you can't compete to some degree in recruit gear for the minimal time it takes to gear full BM. Then you have the MMO player mentality that is pathetic. You're the kind of person that complains you only get handed a million dollars instead of 2 million.

Last week we saw eye to eye, I was saying the same stuff. This week, I'd rather take the fairer fights and not have the mass exodus of people running away to other games that present more fun because they're not facing such a huge disparity. Losing those whiners is leading to dev team lay offs, which means less new content, less often. I don't think that kicking around the "new lowbies" is more fun in the long run than having more game to have fun with would be, and the first step in that dirrection would be opening up pvp to the pve crowd too. Why do you deserve such a large edge over a raider decked in his nightmare drops? Because you sat on a node watching netflix to farm medals and get gear for a while. I wouldn't mind seeing 8M raid teams que up after raid and see where they stand. Why do you?

You can continue to try to troll me or focus it all at me, and if and when I fall off the top of the boards, I might start caring. I still doubt it though.

Why do you deserve such a large edge over a raider decked in his nightmare drops? Because you sat on a node watching netflix to farm medals and get gear for a while. I wouldn't mind seeing 8M raid teams que up after raid and see where they stand. Why do you?

Why should a raider deserve an edge for sitting around watching Even Stevens episodes while being carried through content?

/shrug

Why should a raider deserve an edge for sitting around watching Even Stevens episodes while being carried through content?

/shrug

lol I guess they shouldn't, but you worried that you couldn't take them without the expertise crutch? They don't have the same experience in warzones as a hardcore pvper, shouldn't that be advantage enough? For that matter, I don't know that any of us are talking about the people that get carried through anything. I mean if you need to be carried in pve, what chance to do you stand in the first place?

For the record, I never advocated that they should receive an advantage just that they should have a shot.

Edited by magicMOJO

lol I guess they shouldn't, but you worried that you couldn't take them without the expertise crutch? They don't have the same experience in warzones as a hardcore pvper, shouldn't that be advantage enough? For that matter, I don't know that any of us are talking about the people that get carried through anything. I mean if you need to be carried in pve, what chance to do you stand in the first place?

For the record, I never advocated that they should receive an advantage just that they should have a shot.

Eh, I don't honestly care. Real PvPers won't be wearing Recruit gear long enough to want an augment slot in it, and they usually don't make credits hand over fist in a manner that socketing 14 slots and then pulling them out in a week seems like a great idea.

As for the one-liner, I was just tossing a reversal out there. I hate arguments that don't hold water. : P

They can have all the augment slots in the world. That still doesn't mean that I think that asking for both FREE Recruit gear or refunds for Recruit gear, and now asking for Augment slots on top of it is a bit selfish.