Dacce

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR

All #SWTOR servers are once again available! Thank you for your patience.

Oh what a HORRIBLE Extended maintenance.

:rolleyes:

Ps. At least all EU are UP

Edited by Kauhu

You are paying a monthly fee to play this game, that is correct, and you will be able to play during this month. If you took the time to read the ToS you would find that they are not breaking these terms, and the contract you accepted, and therefore your complaints are illegitimate. I'm sorry that you will not get to play before you go to work, but it is just one of many forms of entertainment available to us.

Also, "during my timezone", I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this, but I think you mean "during the day in my timezone." They start the server maintenance every week at night time to cater to those awake during the day. They also let it be known that the maintenance may or may not be extended. Due to a patch of sizable amount being released, it is safe to assume there will be a delay.

I mean i would like to be able to play at 4pm. Why they cant patch EU servers during US Daytime, and US servers during EU daytime is beyond me, it would be easier, and you wouldnt have to worry about having the servers up ontime.

Everyone who is saying "It's just extended downtime, calm down" and similar things seem to be missing the point. People are annoyed at the CONSTANT and CONTINUED failure of Bioware. They keep proving incompetent, so any one fail that comes after other fails is going to be magnified in severity of outcry.

So,

why is it that you rush a patch out earlier than you should, then spend an extra 3 hours + trying to get it to work?

Can you explain that one to us please Bioware?

Oh noes, three whole hours! Did you die during that time due to the extra long wait? I bet you died.

Best response in the thread so far.

I have to admit, one of the perks to big patches like this is coming onto the forums and watching all the flaming whiners piss and moan. People act like Bioware has the only game where maintenance has been extended past projected times.

This is exactly why I even clicked on this thread. So far this thread delivers.

Everyone who is saying "It's just extended downtime, calm down" and similar things seem to be missing the point. People are annoyed at the CONSTANT and CONTINUED failure of Bioware. They keep proving incompetent, so any one fail that comes after other fails is going to be magnified in severity of outcry.

No, YOU'RE the one missing the point. The point is that extended maintenance is NOT a failure or a sign of incompetence.

And now that the servers are up, let the REAL whining and QQing begin. I'm off to grab a soda and I'll be sure to check this forum every so often while here at work to see what ridiculous QQ about the patch there is.

The game patches in content and fixes. The forums patch in whining. It's a win win. A TWO-FER.

Edited by YanksfanJP

SWTOR's policy specifically prohibits many people from posting comments to this thread making references to trolls, trolling, or other forms of adverse commentary. In no way am I specifically calling anyone a troll, of course. After all, I could be violating policy if I did.

In order that my comments remain pertinent to this conversation, I would ask any of the posters here a simple question - what titles do you have from your time on the PTS? I am also curious to know how familiar these same posters are with the changes in 1.3. Also, is there some level of understanding present regarding the unique challenges of such a large game patch amongt the negative-posters?

^^ this

also, remember when a certain game charged money for additional content on top of the subscription?

seriously folks calm down. If you're not at work find something to do, clean your habitat or something. No big deal.

No, YOU'RE the one missing the point. The point is that extended maintenance is NOT a failure or a sign of incompetence.

Your right, at least the first time they do it.

How many times has it been now...

3, 4+ plus removing ranked warzones from 1.2 because they realized it didnt work, not to mention the rubbish armor designs, the epic loading screens (and my comp runs with all graphics on high seamlessly), even with all settigns on low. The lack of open world pvp, the failure of ilum. need i go on?

this is most definitely incompetence

I have to admit, one of the perks to big patches like this is coming onto the forums and watching all the flaming whiners piss and moan. People act like Bioware has the only game where maintenance has been extended past projected times.

It's more about communication, communication breakdown is the biggest issue socially. The issue people are having with BioWare is that they post information in a pacifist manner, most Dev comments are vague and clouded with clauses from the policies to deflect players. "Maintenance may be extended" Well the pope may take a dump and it just may sprout legs and become a super hero. Just because something could happen doesn't mean it should be assumed it will, even still when the maintenance is extended there's practically no information on it. Servers were supposed to be up at 6am CDT, I got on to download the patch and didn't see an update til 9am CDT.

Just to put the cherry on top of this, why is it that BioWare updates their twitter page before the forums? Does that seem entirely illogical to anyone else that a company would post information about their own product on another company's website before updating their own? I hate Twitter, I've never bothered to use it so why is it that if I want to know what's going on I can't use this site? That's in though, it's just all illogical. I'm sure though if BW were posting it's game update comments on a site that wasn't as popular as Twitter you'd all be upset then.

Edited by SeismicShock

Your right, at least the first time they do it.

How many times has it been now...

3, 4+ plus removing ranked warzones from 1.2 because they realized it didnt work, not to mention the rubbish armor designs, the epic loading screens (and my comp runs with all graphics on high seamlessly), even with all settigns on low. The lack of open world pvp, the failure of ilum. need i go on?

this is most definitely incompetence

I'm still stuck in a loading screen in game.

It's more about communication, communication breakdown is the biggest issue socially. The issue people are having with BioWare is that they post information in a pacifist manner, most Dev comments are vague and clouded with clauses from the policies to deflect players. "Maintenance may be extended" Well the pope may take a dump and it just may sprout legs and become a super hero. Just because something could happen doesn't mean it should be assumed it will, even still when the maintenance is extended there's practically no information on it. Servers were supposed to be up at 6am CDT, I got on to download the patch and didn't see an update til 9am CDT. Just to put the cherry on top of this, why is it that BioWare updates their twitter page before the forums? Does that seem entirely illogical to anyone else that a company would post information about their own product on another company's website before updating their own? I hate Twitter, I've never bothered to use it so why is it that if I want to know what's going on I can't use this site? That's in though, it's just all illogical. I'm sure though if BW were posting it's game update comments on a site that wasn't as popular as Twitter you'd all be upset then.

OMG... imagine that BioWare is just like NCSOFT, Blizzard or Trion... all 3 of those companies post updates on Twitter BEFORE posting anything official on their website. OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL!

Bioware, I'm angry. Do you know what I had to do thanks to extended maintenance? I logged in to World of Warcraft. I had to actually play my Warlock because it was too weird not having companions! It was so awful. (Also, I didn't realize it until now, but WoW has such cartoony graphics - my Blood Elf looked ridiculous just by running around!).

On the plus side, I now has 1.3, so... all's well that ends well!

I'm still stuck in a loading screen in game.

See my point?

There has been NO EFFORT to give even a ray of hope to the community on these problems, communication is lacking at best. The developers simply tell you "its coming soon" "its planned" "watch the swtor website".

How long are we expected to wait before the issues we have are fixed, this patch is just going to bring more issues that will mean more patches, and more downtime, and more complaining and less subscribers.

There is definitely a time and place for competition but here it really is uneccessary. We are after all a community of gamers. Let's girn and bear it and help each other chuckle and see the humor not fire barbs at each other. I game to focus on something other then day to day stress and believe me as a seasoned Electrical Engineer I ahve seen much more of that than I care to think about. Also being an officer in the Navy aboard Nuclear Submarines running a nuclear reactor there is enough of that. Here let's ease the the stress for everybody not add to it there will be enough of that from elsewhere.