Extended Maintenance

Dacce

Because bioware are sloppy and don't have a clue it's 2012 not 1988 look at there entire patching methods even NCSoft patch there games with updates on the fly if i wanted to play games with methods like this i would have kept playing games on my Amiga.

Well WoW doesn't so what's your point?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To pass the time, we should make a list of the buzzwords and phrases that the kiddies use when they get their knickers in a twist at BioWare. I'll start.

Unplayable

Nerf bat killed my class

I'll (ask dad to) cancel my subscription

Clearly the Devs only play <--Insert Republic/Imperial here-->!!

Unsubbing, except I paid for 36 months, so I'm going to post until it runs out!!

Sent/Marauder <--Insert QQ-->!!

I don't mind having to wait for maintenance. However bioware had so many **** ups in the past that it would really be nice to their PA to have managed to make this patch smoothly. As some have pointed out already it seems that bioware has no clue what they are doing sometimes.

Because bioware are sloppy and don't have a clue it's 2012 not 1988 look at there entire patching methods even NCSoft patch there games with updates on the fly if i wanted to play games with methods like this i would have kept playing games on my Amiga.

Because Bioware are sloppy and don't have a clue it's 2012 not 1988. Look at their entire patching methods. Even NCSoft patch their games with updates on the fly. If I wanted to play games with methods like this I would have kept playing games on my Amiga.

D minus.

I can't fathom why people are panicking over a short delay. Let them take the time they need to get it done right, and go get some fresh air in the mean time.

had fresh air this morning when the servers were SUPPOSED to be down. Came back, want to play, have work soon.

They should patch EU servers at opposite times, im PAYING to play the game in my time, therefore as a PAYING customer, i expect the game to be online during my timezone.

Sure i dont mind maintenance, when they say it will be 4 HOURS , its now coming on 8 hours, so that is 8 hours of my PAID FOR gametime i have lost, working up-to at least 1 days worth per month.

If bioware actually had competent people in there staff, and better communication, this would not happen

had fresh air this morning when the servers were SUPPOSED to be down. Came back, want to play, have work soon.

They should patch EU servers at opposite times, im PAYING to play the game in my time, therefore as a PAYING customer, i expect the game to be online during my timezone.

Sure i dont mind maintenance, when they say it will be 4 HOURS , its now coming on 8 hours, so that is 8 hours of my PAID FOR gametime i have lost, working up-to at least 1 days worth per month.

If bioware actually had competent people in there staff, and better communication, this would not happen

Without region locking server blocks there is little to no point of doing the mats at different times as people would just play on different regions depending on mat. Of course i wouldnt mind them alternating between the 3 regions so the mats hit in the night respectivly for each zone on a rotating basis.

Oh noes, three whole hours! Did you die during that time due to the extra long wait? I bet you died.

I don't think the OP is worried about the time, just Bioware's inability to patch the servers without making a total hash of things.

While I'm a big supporter of the game, you can guarantee an emergency patch will follow any update. I laughed at the 4 hour maintenance window last night as I knew the result, why couldn't Bioware give themselves a proper window to implement a major patch in the first place....

I wanna play just as bad as anyone else, very excited for 1.3. But i also want it to work right, so extended maintenance is no big deal to me...

Is anyone naive enough to think that the longer it takes them to apply a patch the greater the chance it will work "right". The fact they're 4 hours over the original estimate and are now not even bothering to give an estimate shows they've messed up as per usual... is all.... :rolleyes:

Extended maintenance happens quite alot on many games, thats why doing maintenance for example EU server in EU timezone is worst idea ever ie best if you want to loose more customers whos paying for something that isnt working

And yes ive unsubbed you can check my account

Edited by DiabloPL

I pretty sure that they will be happy to refund you the 20 cents you have lost!