Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3

CourtneyWoods

Several people have pointed out that this is likely a preemptive move to initiate a real money microtransaction system, and is one of the reasons for the high credit cost (to make you more likely to eventually spend real money rather than in game credits for the perks). If this speculation turns out to be fact, is anyone interested in spending real money for legacy perks rather than the current in game credit costs?

Not a chance. The only reaction I would have is one of utter disgust that they let the game fail, while implementing the store and crap for 6 months, while pretending that it was "cool" and "fun" and anything but a freaking joke. Legacy has been the WORST thing they've wasted time on imo.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the cost for all of these perks is ridiculously high such as 100,000 credits each. Because i love the fact i MUST do dailies all the time to afford any of this crap.

Im getting torqued by the ridiculous money sink this is becoming. You had better find a way to create new content faster then this pace, or else 400k lost subscribers will tun into 400k players, if your lucky.

So when can I combine my legacy. I played on a dead server. I WAS FORCED DUE TO POPULATION ISSUES TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER ON A NEW SERVER.

The legacy penalizes me a "founder" for playing on the server that Bioware choose for my guild. The server died and I had multiple level 50s on it. Rather than sit on a dead server waiting for in some cases hours for a warzone I felt it safe to make a new character on a new server. After all Bioware would be providing free transfers and with the emphasis on the legacy system I am sure I will be able to combine them. The bioware team even expresses that if multiple legacys the higher legacy will be the one used. So I used this information from Bioware to justify creating a new character on a new server so I wouldn't have to cancel my subscription.

LET ME MERGE MY *INSERT BAD WORDS HERE* LEGACY'S. How dare you publish this article to rub it in my face. I am so angry at Bioware. I have been holding on barely for 4 MONTHS. Do you want my monthly subscription or not? If you do you better fix this f'ing problem.

Here is the best part. I open a ticket and explain all this. I get a response back saying to give me the name of the character and what server he is on.. and what server to transfer him to. I got so excited that Bioware for once was going to listen to their customers and FIX the GOD DAMNED PROBLEM. This is coming from a customer who has been VERY PATIENT. I am tired of patience. I need action on this item IMMEDIATELY.

Anyways. I digress. So I give this information to Bioware... I am so excited.. I wait a day. I get a response saying sorry this character is not eligible for transfer to this server. Please check such and such a post to see when this server list is updated.

Thanks but fork you Bioware. Why would you excite me like that just to say fork you to me. I don't deserve it as a customer who has been here since pre-release.

Resolve this issue for your customer. Show your customers that you are listening and you intend to make their game experience enjoyable.

I will sum up everything in one word = Ilum

So when can I combine my legacy. I played on a dead server. I WAS FORCED DUE TO POPULATION ISSUES TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER ON A NEW SERVER.

The legacy penalizes me a "founder" for playing on the server that Bioware choose for my guild. The server died and I had multiple level 50s on it. Rather than sit on a dead server waiting for in some cases hours for a warzone I felt it safe to make a new character on a new server. After all Bioware would be providing free transfers and with the emphasis on the legacy system I am sure I will be able to combine them. The bioware team even expresses that if multiple legacys the higher legacy will be the one used. So I used this information from Bioware to justify creating a new character on a new server so I wouldn't have to cancel my subscription.

LET ME MERGE MY *INSERT BAD WORDS HERE* LEGACY'S. How dare you publish this article to rub it in my face. I am so angry at Bioware. I have been holding on barely for 4 MONTHS. Do you want my monthly subscription or not? If you do you better fix this f'ing problem.

Here is the best part. I open a ticket and explain all this. I get a response back saying to give me the name of the character and what server he is on.. and what server to transfer him to. I got so excited that Bioware for once was going to listen to their customers and FIX the gosh darnED PROBLEM. This is coming from a customer who has been VERY PATIENT. I am tired of patience. I need action on this item IMMEDIATELY.

Anyways. I digress. So I give this information to Bioware... I am so excited.. I wait a day. I get a response saying sorry this character is not eligible for transfer to this server. Please check such and such a post to see when this server list is updated.

Thanks but fork you Bioware. Why would you excite me like that just to say fork you to me. I don't deserve it as a customer who has been here since pre-release.

Resolve this issue for your customer. Show your customers that you are listening and you intend to make their game experience enjoyable.

I will sum up everything in one word = Ilum

Actually what is even funnier is I was told to check the forums daily to look for updates on when these servers may be compatible transfers. Lol. Wow. Directed by customer service to check something daily which may or may never update to what I want. Thanks Bioware for having such communicational efficiency with your customer base.

We sure to appreciate it.

/signed the entire Bioware customer base except for about 150 fan boys who are interns you hired to write the supporting views on your stances... that is my only guess at this point!

I've got to agree with much of the criticism in this thread. Legacy is a great idea....that you just don't seem to be able to execute.

Let me explain one player's perspective (i.e., mine): I've got 3 alts, all Republic (including one 50). I've seen or will see most of your planetary, non-class quest content three times when I'm done with these characters. Sure, I enjoyed much of it the first time, maybe the second time, but now I'm sick of it, and will not roll any more Republic alts.

Solution! Legacy perks providing an XP bonus for my next Republic alt so that I can primarily level through the game on class-quests only! I can now play through the game on content that is brand new to me (i.e., class quests for classes I have not played). However, at the apparent costs for these perks and the amount of XP bonus I'll have to grind out content elsewhere in order to get enough money to do this, and when I do, the XP bonus still won't be enough to keep me from having to do a significant volume of non-class quests. Therefore, rather than do stale content a 4th time, I will move on to greener pastures.

I'm not nerdraging: without Legacy at all, I would be moving on anyway due to my inabiilty to stomache the repeat content. But with Legacy perks, you were so closing to incentivizing me to roll that 4th alt and continue to play this game. Do yourselves a favor and start listening to your customers regarding the Legacy system. Right now it's just a great idea that another game will implement successfully one day....

Cheers

Edited by MarvelZombie

Legacy Perks need to be free or under 100k. Somewhere in that range per perk.

I wont buy speeder II. You think I will buy email convenience for 1 million?

I find it an absolute nothing addition. I think that invested developer time in stuff that should just be free should be considered as a this is what my 14.99 a month bought me in development? I would think that would buy a new warzone or flashpoint a month. You could then start maybe retiring ones that are stale. I personally think Alderaan Civil War is the one to go first. Maybe you could do a new "huttball" type arena. Different traps. Different maze. Maybe you can kick the ball. Maybe a new HM flashpoint. How about adding vehicles you can use in a warzone? You know speeders and walkers. Maybe you could include protecting and destroying the enemies defensive and offensive lines. Even if I cannot man the turrets. How great would that be though. The HM where you get to use the turret against the mob might be my favorite part of the game because you engaged differently.

Development needs to advance the core games features. Not add in absolute pure credit syncs to have people re-level characters. More content please.

Things that you gave us:

You can check your ingame email anytime.

You can level faster how you like to level.

You can get from point a to point b faster.

You can fix your stuff without going to city.

You can sell your stuff instantly.

Those features are not what I expect out of my sub fees.

Those perks are nice but the price is too high, especially since it's for each character.

Yet another reason why my legacy perks remain untouched. These new features especially the ones that are not legacy wide! Will also remain untouched.

Delete legacy and focus on content thanks bioware. Legacy is fail and you are spending far too much time developing it.

Excuse me, but you do NOT speak for me, and I am part of the community....... I DO NOT WANT dual specs. I don't want to join a group to be told that i HAVE to respec to X just because I can. That is BS.

i agree

There is Pvp, hardmode instances, raids and minigames. But your problem seems to be that you consume so much content that I don't think BioWare can ever satisfy you.

agreed , i am having fun in the game. i wouldnt play it if it was pure MMO, than its just another everquest

Senior Game Designer, William Wallace talks about the new Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3: Allies:

Read More

I didn't know till buying all on my 50 that it was bound to that character only and not shared with all on server like the legacy stuff before it... This to me makes the legacy system seem crappy if it has to be bought for every single new character and makes it less when you have mostly 50s... Please change it to bound to legacy and not single character!

Just to put that figure in perspective; if I was to run every daily, every day, until I had the money, it would take me over two months.

That's not factoring in repair costs, mod extraction costs, respec costs, etc.

For something coined as "legacy", why does it have absolutely nothing to do with the legacy system?

I'd be more than happy to pay those prices for server wide unlocks. But character only unlocks, what a ******* joke!

If one runs all the space missions and complete the bonus space missions one can get over 100K every day.

If one runs all of the dailies on Ilum, Belsavis, and Corelia one can get around 250K.

That is about 350K per day of full dailies completed.

This is not counting grey junk item sales and green-quality items to sell.

I hope that in one month you can play more than ten days and on those days that you do play you can rack up all the dailies. Best of luck!

It's extremely disappointed that my legacy points aren't account wide. I joined a friend to play the other faction on some_other_server and all of those lovely perks go poof. No thanks. My frustration builds. We're talking about starting over on even terms and I'm excited by that...in another game.

From your standpoint, you're thinking "No good deed goes unpunished" from mine I'm thinking, "I've grinded this once, I won't do it again". They're all excited as their abilties unlock...and I don't blame them.

Edited by Lotharun
typ0

Legacy perks are fail. Not legacy wide... And old perks that should be free are still too expensive. No duel spec only a 'field respec'. Bioware is still aeons behind the mmo market. If i didnt love the star wars franchise so much id be gone.

My main gripe is there's only 2 ways to get them- grind dailies, or perhaps craft.

Out of my 2-3 hours a night I play, I really don't want to spend half to all of it doing dailies. I should be able to earn that money in warzones - or space missions, or raiding.

I'd have less of a problem paying for these "rewards" if I could do them in a manner I chose. Let's see a 150% increase in warzone payouts, and similar re-balancing of rewards that make sense for space missions, Fp and Raid success, etc.

The price on so many things is WAY too high, and I think Character Perks need to be available to all characters once you buy it. By making it unique to each character, you sort of completely took the "Legacy" out of it didn't you?

Nothing should be 1m credits, seriously, that's insane.

What is the point of creating a Legacy if the things you buy for it don't go to all characters!!?? The point of having a family tree is the skills and perk apply to all of them!!! I dropped a ton of credits thinking that it would effect all of my toons on my main, which is a total waste!!! Theres no way for those perks to benefit someone at the cap level?? so why make it per toon??

This was a serious oversight. If you make a system that is supposed to incorporate all of your characters, yet the things you unlock don't apply, you've completely destroyed the point of a legacy family tree! The "other" tab that is supposedly "global" has soo many things that should already be implemented, yet they are soooo expensive! I've not unlocked any of them (except the unarmed skills, b/c c'mon, it's fun to slug it out in a duel) b/c they aren't worth spending all the credits!!!

Pls pls pls pls make the character perks a global unlock!!! otherwise it defeats the purpose of having a legacy at all!

Edited by Kirran
spell check

I spent 1.5 million credits on a lot of different things that would help my low level characters (3, between 20 and 35), then noticed it was all character specific and not global.

So just imagine how well those credits were spent, like three full sets of experience boosts (area discovery, warzone and class quests), Companion affection bonuses (as I've already maxed them out) and how amazingly fast I'll get around being able to use a speeder at level 10. Thank goodness I didn't spend credits on the other speeder skills as my level 35 being able to use speeder 2 and then 3 within 5 levels was really tempting.

It's not really a legacy if whatever you do doesn't get passed on. I should have 2 of 3 item resets, I'm seriously tempted to write a ticket and get my credits back but will wait to see if this changes.

Edited by SaberBladeUK

having looked at it i can only point 2 things...

asside for 3 to 4 perks, all of them seems to be made to make the leveling of an alt easier (faster xp, faster companion love, faster access to speeder skills).

this is kinda ilogical with the 2 other specificity that are prices and the need to pay for every character.

the needs to pay for every character makes it really 8 times more expensive and it is as if you didn't benefit from the work of one character for the other... kinda kills the point of Legacy system.

and the price already asked makes it so that anyway a given character will already have no need for the perks once he get the credits to pay for it.

as a result if one wants to benefit from those perks... he has to spend credits he would normally need to spend on class skills and will end up slowling his progression.

in the current situation i do not see the use of those perks asside for getting dozens of complaints or ticket from people who spent hundreds credits for the speeder licences at lower level on characters already lvl 50 for exemple, or faster xp on a character who wont level up anymore anyway .

Jesus people, they're perks. They're incentive for people that have done most of the end game and have tons of credits lying around to level up some alts. If your highest character is level 40 and you're broke, the perks really aren't for you. Get to max level, run some dailies/use the GF for FPs and you'll easily have enough credits to buy perks for your next alt(s).

Why add Character Perks to be individual to something called Legacy? Isn't the point to a Legacy representing everyone involved? Chara Perks = biggest disappointment to Legacy system to date, which ironically is sad because it just started today.

Change it across all characters and it might be worth calling an update. Right now it's just a way to help punch those people who have multi 50s no reason to after waiting all this time for more legacy perks, to not want to make another character or characters. And seriously, all this time and you can't fix the codex yet?