Legacy Perks in Game Update 1.3

CourtneyWoods

We all know deep down inside that this "legacy" is just a precursor to the microtransaction store :o

Been saving up for the gtn to allow everyone access from aboard their ship?

Running low on funds, or haven't quite saved up enough yet?

Don't worry, this weekend and this weekend only for only $8.99 You, and all of your characters

can now enjoy trading aboard your own ships!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware has always made Legacy sound like an awesome addition to the game, but so far I have found it to be very disappointing.

Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed the game..very much. But at this time the game isn't bringing enough excitement. Development is slow and I just have no desire to start a new character to see how it goes with the new legacy perks. Therefore:( - I have canceled my 2 subs (mine and my sons), but will be back hopefully by the end of the year when the game has hopefully improved - Legacy and other items.

I believe that what Bioware is wanting Legacy to be will get there.......just needs time.

I for one will NOT be contributing to the "Individual Character Perks" of the legacy System the only ones I would have considered would be a repair bot, mailbox or personal/guild cargo hold access device that could be used on my Ops characters. But to consider spending hundreds of thousands of credits for a legacy perk, I would want that perk to be a LEGACY PERK, applied to ALL CHARACTERS within the legacy family tree.

BIOWARE What were you thinking when you added INDIVIDUAL LEGACY PERKS that contradicts everything about a legacy or heritage. The idea of the legacy system was to have the contributions of the individual characters in the legacy would be passed along to the future members of the legacy line

Totally agree... I don't understand this kind of decisions really... maybe they just dont care about our feedback or what the community thinks... I heard in one interview "legacy system was a big success" ... yeah right lol

Totally agree... I don't understand this kind of decisions really... maybe they just dont care about our feedback or what the community thinks... I heard in one interview "legacy system was a big success" ... yeah right lol

It's lame overall, but if you broke it out, the math on at least the +1% crit crafting success tiers shows they're definitely a good value for heavy crafters, at least judged in terms of credit costs. Adding +3% chance to every crafted item will pay off over time just because it's a one-time cost that constantly pays benefits down the road. A crit-crafting success on say, augments will double the production at half the time and resources spent, and produce other gear worth tens of thousands in additional credits. So if you crafted every day with plans on playing the GTN it'd pay for itself within a month.

I can't really justify the other legacy costs except as pure credit sinks for people that are grinding dailies with their 50s and have to spend it on their alts.

Are they fun or exciting? I don't think so. The percentage-boosters especially strike me as lazy programming - that's probably why you find the mail or repair droids so much more exciting. Compared to +a few percentage here or there, summoning an actual in-game item is game-changing and fun.

My biggest disappointment was the field re-spec droid was character specific? Ouch.

Edited by jgelling

You're quite right ... sadly not everyone is a heavy crafter or spent much time in the GTN.

My biggest disappointment was the field re-spec droid was character specific? Ouch.

OMG I didn't know that :S #failagain

Edited by RobertoThePot

You're quite right ... sadly not everyone is a heavy crafter or spent much time in the GTN.

OMG I didn't know that :S #failagain

Yeah, if it were up to me re-spec'ing would be free and instant, let alone the idea of it as a 200k character-specific legacy perk with the same time/cost hassle and a long cool-down(?). And someone was trying to tell me that's the same thing as putting dual spec in the game??

I just realized unlocking Character Perks is not for all characters on my account!

I just spent million on my main level 50 so I can go level an alt only to feel completely gutted when I started an alt and looked at my Legacy Tab to discover I would need to spend millions more for the perks!

This is a scam BW, money sink I get but this is going too far!

Even Blizzard or ArenaNet would not have done it like this!

• 2 weeks later...
Isnt the point of legacy suppose to be its a perk for all your characters isnt that why we are working so hard to get our legacy up so we can keep making characters to have fun with so why do i have to spend money each time i want to have those perks why spend millions of credits per character legacy is just a complete waste of time

I just realized unlocking Character Perks is not for all characters on my account!

I just spent million on my main level 50 so I can go level an alt only to feel completely gutted when I started an alt and looked at my Legacy Tab to discover I would need to spend millions more for the perks!

This is a scam BW, money sink I get but this is going too far!

Even Blizzard or ArenaNet would not have done it like this!

I'd suggest you to submit a ticket, maybe the CSR can help you.

• 3 weeks later...
I feel like the Legacy system hit a Great Depression in terms of inflation skyrocketing just for some measly experience bonus. Lower the credit prices so those who don't make 1 million credits every day can actually use the things BioWare has generously granted us. The Legacy levels are okay with me. As long as you quest, PvP, & FPs/OPs, leveling won't be too ridiculous. On the other hand, achieving those prices is a turn off for the Legacy system for me.