"We will not be pushing Team Ranked Warzones to the live game..."

SliggXx

Hi there SligXx, thank you for your post. As with many things, some of our blogs are written well ahead of their publishing date and this blog is one of them. When Gabe wrote this, it was just before we opened up PTS for testing. Since then, we have had many copied characters test our Ranked Warzones. I can see why the quote would stand out, but again, this was written a few weeks ago. Hopefully that clears up any confusion!

you could just say they will be in the next update. add them to the release video. then not include it. not like you haven't false advertised before

You actually want Team Ranked Warzones now? Can someone that plays on PTS confirm that the "camera twitch" is gone? That the camera zoom back out when you've been close to a wall, to its position u have set it to? A tab targeting system that actually works? This is just very basic things that should work before Ranked Warzones.

And yet, you aren't really denying it. So, there does appear to be a chance of Ranked Warzones being pushed out of 1.3 still.

They also didn't deny the world wouldn't come to an end today, so there's always that possibility, too...

I think we deserve to know BW, and I can understand if you don't want to answer the hard questions... but if a meteor shower were to strike your pvp development studios- would there be a delay in ranked WZ release?

How about a solar flare taking out all electronic devices for three weeks?

Nah, first off it's Austin.

Next, there were plenty of people to test the lfg tool, even w/o the titles.

Keep in mind that 99% of the players in this game queue SOLO and will NEVER queue as a group EVER. Except for with 1-2 rl friends.

The RWZ event this past weekend was a total bug filled flop with a tiny turnout. I don't see much interest except for a tiny vocal minority. Plus the design is badly flawed.

^

This, so continue to hold your breath for 1.3

This. No one in this thread has any right to complain if they're not on PTS being a part of the solution.

Where is the button I press, or the npc I go to, to magically make my level 1 character on PTS into a level 50?

Oh wait, there isn't one.

Everyone on this thread HAS A RIGHT to complain, because BW has NOT given us ANY WAY WHATSOEVER to test Ranked Warzones (restricted to level 50s).

/ownage

Where is the button I press, or the npc I go to, to magically make my level 1 character on PTS into a level 50?

Oh wait, there isn't one.

Everyone on this thread HAS A RIGHT to complain, because BW has NOT given us ANY WAY WHATSOEVER to test Ranked Warzones (restricted to level 50s).

/ownage

There were character copies to the pts a few weeks back. May still be active. Probably still active.

Hi there SligXx, thank you for your post. As with many things, some of our blogs are written well ahead of their publishing date and this blog is one of them. When Gabe wrote this, it was just before we opened up PTS for testing. Since then, we have had many copied characters test our Ranked Warzones. I can see why the quote would stand out, but again, this was written a few weeks ago. Hopefully that clears up any confusion!

No, it doesn't clear up anything. Either confirm or deny that ranked warzones will be released with 1.3 and that will "clear up any confusion." We can see right through your statements that address the topic but really say nothing.

Then why didnt you edit the blog or just not release it? Oh wait thats right you just dont care.

I was there for a few hours on Saturday, I managed to get a pug spot in a guild team that used voice comms to co-ordinate and played 3 games (won them too because they were very good). But that was 3 games in about 4 hours.

I think the timing of the test was quite "unlucky", given that it was the first weekend following the server mergers (sorry, "free transfers") and many people were busy checking out their new home, re-creating guilds, finding what their old friends were now called, and so on. The previous weekend, PTS had been fairly active, with 100-150 people on the fleet, and from the general chat there it's clear a lot of people found it a lot more fun to play on PTS using Group Finder than soloing on their home servers.

If Bioware want a large number of "warm bodies" to test the RWZ, they should announce that a unique title will be granted to anyone that completes 10 warzones during certain hours on a weekend. Unlike in-game items, titles seem to be pretty easy to create, and while a significant number of those that turn up for such an event won't provide a lot of valuable feedback, their presence should at least allow those that DO provide feedback to experience the process and thereby help find any remaining problems.

Edited by Ancaglon

That was by invitation only, if I recall.

It was NOT by invitation only. For at least a week before 1.3 was made available on the PTS, there was a SWTOR website main page article with instructions on how to fill out a form to get your character copied to the PTS. I don't believe there were any restrictions and both of my level 50 characters were copied. There were some people that filled out the form that didn't get copied, but Bioware make some adjustments and ran the process again (and my two level 50 characters got copied again).

If you (and seven of your friends) were at all interested in Team Ranked Warzone testing, Bioware made every effort to include you in the process.

That was by invitation only, if I recall.

Then you don't recall. The 1.2 PTR character copy was by invititation only, the 1.3 char copy was not. All you had to do was click a link, sign up, and they manually copied you. Yay for reading and knowing what you're talking about! Then again *reads some responses in threads* Nevermind, you are fitting right in. :rolleyes:

No one in this thread has a right to complain because so very few of you were able to read, click the link, sign up, download the PTR, and test. So, when it releases, whether it is now or later, and it is buggier than a mofo, you have only yourselves to blame. Also, for the person who said that no one wanted to go play a beta because of blah blah internal testing...

I have no clue what mmo experience you have, but it must be nothing because EVERY mmo has PTR testing of major content patches and it is the responsibility of the players (not the devs) to test it, break it, and help make it better there instead of on live. Why? Because a small group of developers can't be expected to be omniscient and magically know where every bug is in this patch. They have good ideas but that's it. We help them. That's called cooperative learning. We agree to help one another learn how to make this patch as best as it can be.

As far as the ambiguous nature of the dev blogs goes..yeah they are ambiguous. But that is hardly analogous to outright lying. With all the chicken littles on these boards, I would do a bunch of double speak as well every time I said anything. Safer that way.

Edited by Adnon

Given how well the character transfer process has gone, I certianly hope that the next major PTS (i.e. after 1.3) will include a web driven, do it yourself, character copy process to the PTS. At the very least, the fill out a form process used by 1.3 could be automated behind the scenes.

I also really like the idea of a live title for those that put the effort forth to test RWZ on the PTS!

Look, BW has asked player to come over and try to break ranked WZ on PTS. They have tested but want some fresh eyes on it and make sure it's ready. They want it for 1.3 but don't want it to launch if it's not ready. Most people are right, PTS is dead right now so I guess 1.3 is ready to go. I don't think they should hold it up for Ranked WZ, more so if people don't even bother to test it.

If you don't want to test it, fine but don't complain that it's not in 1.3. If you want ranked WZ for 1.3 then you should spend a hour a day to try and break it. If it's good to go, tell BW it's ready.

To be very clear: our intention has always been to include Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.3 and that has still not changed. We have removed that line from the blog to prevent any further confusion. With that being said, I see no reason for this thread to continue so I will be closing it.