FULL AUTO AND MORTAR VOLLEY: Blatantly Broken

Potfish

I know this is really the wrong place for this, but as an imperial player I really have to point out, we have our issues too.

Jedi Sage - Salvation hits for an initial heal (accounting for almost half the total healing amount of the ability) then ticks.l

Sith Sorcerer - Revivification (the "mirror" ability) does not receive the initial heal, only the ticks.

Cooldown time for Telekinetic Throw is actually shorter than cooldown time for it's imperial counter part Force Lightning.

Those are just a couple examples I'm personally familiar with, and a couple of the more sever imbalances.

I only bring this up in response to the poster a few pages back who insisted they put much more thought/effort into the Empire side over the republic. There's fubard issues all over the place. Hopefully they'll all get worked out with upcoming patches, and hopefully most of the more severe ones, sooner than later.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will they fix these major delays?

Try using Volley in PvP and you will never hit any one because they have three seconds to move out of the way. It's ridiculous how broken the Trooper channeling skills are, especially compared to the BH. I have a 50 BH and any delay wasn't very noticeable. On the Trooper, it's smacking you in the face hard how bad it is.

I would actually welcome an increased delay on the BH version, to bring it in line with the Trooper version. It is very good as an area-denial ability, as such one ought to have ample opportunity to get out of its way. If they were to do instant or near-instant damage they would be too powerful as a PvP ability.

... On a side note, I've just recently started playing a Vanguard to see what the Republic story is like, and I've noticed the same delay on the activation and animation of Mortar. Full Auto I hadn't noticed, tbh, but after reading this thread I'll be keeping an eye out for it in the future.

I can work around MV's delay, it's annoying that it's not fixed yet and it is more difficult to use in PVP situations than the BH version. It does in-the-end still fire the volley.

That Full Auto still fails to work is much more annoying. Not only does it put FA on CD, eats a GCD, and a proc (if spec'd), it applies ZERO damage to the enemy. I'll admit it's rare so I can understand it wasn't on the top of BW's bug list, but when they can fix things like emotes on speeders it seems priorities are backwards.

I realize some bugs are easier to fix than others, however, that is where COMMUNICATION with your player base comes in. Tell us what the two or three bugs they are working on for classes, or even per-class.

I get so tired of hearing this argument. If no one ever complained or reported errors or bugs, and everyone just **** and played the game, serious flaws in the game would go unnoticed by the devs and would never be fixed.

The more people who complain about a bug, the more likely it will get attention and get fixed.

Now I'll be the first to agree with you if this was about someone's opinion of balance between classes. But it's clearly not. The BH and the Trooper are mirrors of each other. One side has a broken ability, which is clearly highlighted by the example of the unbroken ability of the other class. This is not opinion. It is fact backed up by evidence.

- - - - - - -

On a side note, I've just recently started playing a Vanguard to see what the Republic story is like, and I've noticed the same delay on the activation and animation of Mortar. Full Auto I hadn't noticed, tbh, but after reading this thread I'll be keeping an eye out for it in the future.

shout up your self this skill have been broken since the game launched

Edited by troppersir

UL starts doing damage much earlier than FA, and the damage ticks do less each but tick more often. (which doesn't even make sense, considering the trooper's weapons should always have a higher "rate of fire" over the BH's pistol(s).)

In ToR pistols are supposed to have a higher rate of fire (and less damage per tick) than rifles. It's been that way since the start.

Hypothetically, the Assault Cannon should have a higher rate of fire than both, but full auto is shared between rifle and AC, and so it has to be the same.

The issue is, the classes weren't originally intended to be perfect mirrors. That change was made quite late in the development cycle.

FA, Pulse cannon and Mortar Volley animations look awful for vanguard anyways :D

FA often looks like someone did a bad Rambo impression and they based the animation on it. Bring it up to the shoulder or something while you're fixing the lost tic from taking so much as a paper cut in damage.

Mortar Volley is...well, constipated and badly animated and suffers from the horrid delay between targeting and impact. At the least, give people less warning time with the glowing circle-o-doom before the first tic impacts. As it is, you want to disrupt a cap, your quick option is only Explosive Round, and that skill is horrid (but not innately broken, just poor resource use).

Pulse cannon I actually like. The one flaw is that the animation extends slightly further than damage does.

I haven't tested since the patch today, but my experience prior to the patch has been the following:

Mortar Volley : Cast time is way off to the animation so you'll sit there a lot longer than you need to waiting for the damage to tick. I seen another post of someone stating the damage will still tick if you move after the cast timer has finished but I haven't tested myself.

Full Auto : This has been working a lot like Mortar Volley since they claimed to fix channel delay back in 1.1.1 :(. The cast bar will go right until the end then go off. Sometimes it won't even go off at all and I'll just sit there doing nothing for 10 seconds.

I haven't tested since the patch today, but my experience prior to the patch has been the following:

Mortar Volley : Cast time is way off to the animation so you'll sit there a lot longer than you need to waiting for the damage to tick. I seen another post of someone stating the damage will still tick if you move after the cast timer has finished but I haven't tested myself.

Full Auto : This has been working a lot like Mortar Volley since they claimed to fix channel delay back in 1.1.1 :(. The cast bar will go right until the end then go off. Sometimes it won't even go off at all and I'll just sit there doing nothing for 10 seconds.

I can confirm that the problems still exist in the new patch. There was some patch notes stating that ability animations now properly match up with the cast bar, but there is zero change in Mortar Volley or Full Auto. The bar is ~2/3 finished before the first damage tick even occurs, and at least 1 tick of damage occurs after the bar is finished. It's a big problem.

Greetings,

The problem with these two abilities is their cast times. The Trooper spends so much time going through a casting animation instead of actually using the abilities whereas the Bounty Hunter does not.

For example, Mortar Volley is supposed to launch three shells over three seconds. Instead, the Trooper spends the first two seconds going through an animation and the final second launching two shells. The third shell launches after the channel time has already expired. The Bounty Hunter does not have this problem, so obviously he has an advantage especially in PvP because enemies have an additional 2-3 seconds to move from Mortar Volley as opposed to Death from Above.

In addition, Full Auto will only deal damage twice (as opposed to three times) if the Trooper suffers from pushback. This would be fine except the Bounty Hunter's Unload is not vulnerable to pushback and will always deal its full damage. Full Auto must also be channeled for at least 1.4 seconds before it begins doing any damage, whilst Unload must only be channeled for at least .8 seconds.

The following video demonstrates these imbalances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZJfjVGkao

This should be addressed because the Bounty Hunter and Trooper are supposed to be mirrored and on even ground. The way it is now, the Bounty Hunter is simply better than the Trooper. BioWare, please take note and consider fixing these problems.

Thank you,

Potfish/Turtlemilk

No-one is going to disagree but did you really need to make a new thread for it? I don't have either a trooper or a BH and I know about this ability delay because it has been posted so much. A quicl search would have given you thousands of threads on it. Bioware has even acknowledged the issue and has said they're working on a fix. So why was it you created this thread?

No-one is going to disagree but did you really need to make a new thread for it? I don't have either a trooper or a BH and I know about this ability delay because it has been posted so much. A quicl search would have given you thousands of threads on it. Bioware has even acknowledged the issue and has said they're working on a fix. So why was it you created this thread?

Because it's still not fixed.

This is just a bump for justice, It's getting irritating, and no, its not game breakingly hard to deal with it's just something that should have a quick fix, to put us where we should be. It's one of the bigger and more obvious class imbalances between the mirrors, and honestly I dont camp the forums enough to know if there is any other major mirror difference, but anywho, please keep this visible and please fix it.

I'm no programmer but here goes.

<insert problem description here>

/horse

/horse = dead

/beat; horse(dead)

Perhaps because, when the post was made in the middle of December, there weren't so many threads on it? I might be wrong, as I wasn't playing then.

Edited by FromAbove