Should this game have taken place in the future?

AhsokaTanorules

If this game becomes popular enough to spawn several expansions would it have made more sense to have it take place maybe after Return of the Jedi or even during the time of Cade Skywalker?

I figured inparticular if they really want to avoid potentially trampling canon ((which i have already seen people on this board whine about)) and perhaps even expand into new planets or even new galaxies.

If this game becomes popular enough to spawn several expansions would it have made more sense to have it take place maybe after Return of the Jedi or even during the time of Cade Skywalker?

I figured inparticular if they really want to avoid potentially trampling canon ((which i have already seen people on this board whine about)) and perhaps even expand into new planets or even new galaxies.

This is kotor 3 not star wars 7 sorry.

The point of this time period with nothing already known is so they can create anything.

Edited by Chanez

What I would like to see though is a Next generation Expansion pack. Something like the kid of the two Sith, kid of the Mando and Agent, Knight and Trooper, Consular and Smuggler. I even have names for their classes:

Alchemist (because who doesn't want to create Sithspawn????) Advance class - beast master (combat) and Spellcaster (who actually casts Sith spells.)

Mandolorian - Haven't decided on advance classes yet... End is becoming Mandalore though!

Diplomat - sounds stupid, but would be very story driven, aka. great dialogue and lots of romances. Advance classes Arbitrator and Negotiator

Elemental- advance classes are Weapons master and Loremaster You have a lot of elemental abilities and end up as Grand master

I'd ove to see this as an expansion. Then we could have a quest where a DS Jedi/ a Sith of opposite alignment would fight their parents in a Luke/Vader type battle...

They have about 3,000 years to toy with, so running into canon isn't really going to happen.

:rolleyes:

More like 500- 100ish.

Still LOTS of room.

That being said I work to work with Darth Nihil, he is pretty boss as are the most of the one Sith

Edited by Ausstig

Basically, they are so far before any of the characters parents were even born they have enough room to basically do whatever they want besides blow up Alderaan early.

This could be spoiler:

In the empire quests, one character even foreshadows the blowing up Alderaan, by saying he'd rather see alderaan blown out into space then taken over by the empire. Probably one of my fave quotes in the game by a non-companion npc.

Placing this game in ROTJ's era or after would limit it and put even more restrictions on it via the lore. This time period is relatively untouched in lore and allows for BW to generate and create lore and gives them freedom.

We still have quite some time before Darth Ruin shows up and begins forming his Empire, and BW can fit plenty of expansions into this era.

New planets aren't a problem nor is expanding upon obscure planets in the SWU, as we have seen with Makeb,Lehon and Voss. I'm not a SWU or EU expert, but I was under the impression that most of the SWU takes place in a set amount of known galaxies; so I'm not sure how that applies. Aren't the Vong the only ones in lore that came from a truly foreign area of space?

The Vong and the Ssi-ruvi.

Their first appearance on a large scale isn't for thousands of years. I can't however rule out travel to unknown regions and galaxies due to the forthcoming patches and expansions and the role of the Hypergates in them.

For all we know the Hypergates are far more extensive than previously thought and perhaps we rediscover one long thought lost that transports us someplace new.

Could happen easily enough, all the ships and armour look more or less the same as they do thousands of years later. Just rename Satele Shan to Satele Skywalker, and replace the Mandalore with the walking corpse of Boba Fett. Edited by Rahak

For right now anything after 137 ABY is open ended. This time period is open, but also closed. The Sith empire can not destroy the republic or the Jedi order and in around 600 years there is no more Sith empire when a Jedi falls to the dark side.

Having a Star Wars MMO take place 1000 or more years after the battle of Yavin would make the game open ended. There could even be Skywalkers still around considering the number of women Cade slept with in the recent comic book series. I love the fact that there is a rift between the Sith and the imperials which would make for truly interesting story.

What I would like to see though is a Next generation Expansion pack. Something like the kid of the two Sith, kid of the Mando and Agent, Knight and Trooper, Consular and Smuggler. I even have names for their classes:

Alchemist (because who doesn't want to create Sithspawn????) Advance class - beast master (combat) and Spellcaster (who actually casts Sith spells.)

Mandolorian - Haven't decided on advance classes yet... End is becoming Mandalore though!

Diplomat - sounds stupid, but would be very story driven, aka. great dialogue and lots of romances. Advance classes Arbitrator and Negotiator

Elemental- advance classes are Weapons master and Loremaster You have a lot of elemental abilities and end up as Grand master

I'd ove to see this as an expansion. Then we could have a quest where a DS Jedi/ a Sith of opposite alignment would fight their parents in a Luke/Vader type battle...

No, THose CLass names and their stories simply wouldnt work out, and Jedi aint about Elemental Attacks, they use the Force, not magic, Diplomat would be the least played class in the game and have Zero purpose in PVE and PVP, Mandalorian becoming Mandalore? no, every Sith Warrior becomes "The Guy behind the Throne", we cant have every BH becoming "THE Guy", and Sith Alchemist could just as easily be incorporated into the Inquisitors story

Could happen easily enough, all the ships and armour look more or less the same as they do thousands of years later. Just rename Satele Shan to Satele Skywalker, and replace the Mandalore with the walking corpse of Boba Fett.

The Shan family Line is arguably alot stronger than the Skywalker line, Revan counts into this line aswell since we currently dont know his Last name, Mandalore is good the way he is

Without wanting to spoil anything, replacing Mandalore happens in SWTOR anyway for one of the classes.

Aside from that, Diplomat could be intriguing, but as a lot of people think the Consular storyline is dry, boring and slow, I cannot see Bioware going for anything that is slower and with fewer explosions ;)

When you say diplomat I think of Padme and Palpatine (before the lol gotcha I'm the Sith lord)

A class I always thought would be (extremely odd) interesting would be a savant type character with inspirations from C3-PO R2-D2 and even Jar Jar or Phantom menace Annakin.

• 'Accidentally' deflecting enemy fire back at them.
  • slipping in your own oil spill in order to CC enemies.
  • your shiny droid armor reflecting light into their eyes.
  • or even going blind and saying "Boba Fett !? where?" for huge crits

Back to the OP I prefer the OR to the EU fewer writers with a better focus on the story. Besides all the fanboys cross-breading Skywalkers Fetts and Solos ... Leia's kiss on Luke's cheek was enough for me.

When you say diplomat I think of Padme and Palpatine (before the lol gotcha I'm the Sith lord)

A class I always thought would be (extremely odd) interesting would be a savant type character with inspirations from C3-PO R2-D2 and even Jar Jar or Phantom menace Annakin.

• 'Accidentally' deflecting enemy fire back at them.
  • slipping in your own oil spill in order to CC enemies.
  • your shiny droid armor reflecting light into their eyes.
  • or even going blind and saying "Boba Fett !? where?" for huge crits

Back to the OP I prefer the OR to the EU fewer writers with a better focus on the story. Besides all the fanboys cross-breading Skywalkers Fetts and Solos ... Leia's kiss on Luke's cheek was enough for me.

That would be called the "Lucky Bastard" class.

]Without wanting to spoil anything' date=' replacing Mandalore happens in SWTOR anyway for one of the classes.[/u']

Aside from that, Diplomat could be intriguing, but as a lot of people think the Consular storyline is dry, boring and slow, I cannot see Bioware going for anything that is slower and with fewer explosions ;)

That's misleading,

you replace Mandalore as a BH with access to the Black List of Bounties, it's not like you become the new Mandalore.

Still, the idea of a Mandalorian class doesn't really work as it's all ready in the game for BHs and they would be a recycled mirror of the BH, maybe having 1 unique spec like Torian and Akaavi where they use melee weapons instead of blasters. Repetitive and boring.

Edited by Temeluchus

this time period had like 0 EU around it, its why they chose it as their creation doesnt conflict with any cannon.

if they had done it 140ABY (ie legacy time period) then they would have to work around the exsisting cannon in the comics.

More like 500- 100ish.

Still LOTS of room.

That being said I work to work with Darth Nihil, he is pretty boss as are the most of the one Sith

We don't know exactly. Everything in the game seems to imply the Second Great Galactic War starts at the end of Trooper Act 2, when the Trooper openly destroys the Gauntlet which throws the factions into full-out war. This happens in 3,641 BBY. Darth Desolous was born in 3,522 BBY. The Darth Desolous conflict(which strongly implies the Republic won), happens at some point after his birth. Desolous was also a Pau'an though, and those guys have like 700 year lifespans.

So basically yea, we don't know the exact period. It's probably around 2-300, but it's still a lot of time for them to work with. The war could still be going on when Desolous is born even, it would take him a while to grow up and turn to the Dark Side.

The Old Republic has literally thousands of years of open story. The Extended Universe is basically the domain of every bad Star Wars mary-sue ever conceived.

I much prefer the OR to the EU.

This.

In comparison, I feel the rest of the EU can rot to the Old Republic era.